Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potential EP 7 Teaser Coming Tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    So, it should be announced this week.

Probably, but knowing EA, they'' wait until EA Play.

They don't announce things at an event. They announce them before the event to get players to show up and experience it. Have they ever announced anything during EAPlay?
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

They don't announce things at an event. They announce them before the event to get players to show up and experience it. Have they ever announced anything during EAPlay?

Not yet, but that doesn't mean they could change things up. I hope they'll announce it this week but I know for a fact it'll be announced in the next 3 weeks.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

.... No? EA's track record is to announce things before EA Play. And then AT EA Play, Game Changers get the chance to beta test (I guess) the game and record footage/screen caps of the game. Then they usually have an embargo for about a week, and then when the embargo lifts, GC's upload the footage they took for the fans to see.

The game typically drops a week or so after that.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Why to announce this week and say nothing at EA Play ?

It would be normal if they keep this announcement for EA Play, the people can wait 9 more days because we have already been waiting for 3 months.

In the May Maxis Monthly, SimGuruLyndsay did say there would not be a big announcement made at EA Play. The only thing she seemed to be excited about was the fact she and SimGuruDuke would be there to meet with the fans and 'maybe' share a few small surprises with attendees. So her statement might sound ambiguous, if one is inclined to think a small surprise means telling everyone about a new expansion. There is nothing small about finding out about a new expansion. And if they were fishing for more Simmers to attend their event, I would think they would say they had a big announcement to make at EA Play which would pretty much guarantee the event would be overwhelmed by fans. If they make the announcement before EA Play they will see an uptick in attendance as well. So my guess is they will announce the EP before EA Play. And trying to wade through everything that has been said since SimGuruGraham's announcement on April 9th, has been a real pain. The fact the gurus and EA have remained stoically silent since the leaks, only adds to the mystery. They have not denied, nor confirmed, the leaks are the real deal. EA is a master when it comes to playing head games with the fans.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,094 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    No Monday teaser, no Tuesday trailer !

No announcement this week.

It's Memorial Day here in the states, most offices are closed. I'm not saying they absolutely couldn't do it today, but it's something to keep in mind. of course, they might not do it this week, and you're right. Only one way to find out.
    Exactly there was no way they would announce anything today its a holiday the pack can easily be announced later this week Strangerville was announced on a Wednesday.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options

.... No? EA's track record is to announce things before EA Play. And then AT EA Play, Game Changers get the chance to beta test (I guess) the game and record footage/screen caps of the game. Then they usually have an embargo for about a week, and then when the embargo lifts, GC's upload the footage they took for the fans to see.

True, but EA is notorious for making us wait FOREVER and with such a big event coming up, wouldn't they wanna try something out where they announce at EA Play? I hope this isn't the case, I really want the pack to be announced this week, but I wouldn't be too bummed if it was announced during EA Play.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

It would be normal if they keep this announcement for EA Play, the people can wait 9 more days because we have already been waiting for 3 months.

In the May Maxis Monthly, SimGuruLyndsay did say there would not be a big announcement made at EA Play. The only thing she seemed to be excited about was the fact she and SimGuruDuke would be there to meet with the fans and 'maybe' share a few small surprises with attendees. So her statement might sound ambiguous, if one is inclined to think a small surprise means telling everyone about a new expansion. There is nothing small about finding out about a new expansion. And if they were fishing for more Simmers to attend their event, I would think they would say they had a big announcement to make at EA Play which would pretty much guarantee the event would be overwhelmed by fans. If they make the announcement before EA Play they will see an uptick in attendance as well. So my guess is they will announce the EP before EA Play. And trying to wade through everything that has been said since SimGuruGraham's announcement on April 9th, has been a real pain. The fact the gurus and EA have remained stoically silent since the leaks, only adds to the mystery. They have not denied, nor confirmed, the leaks are the real deal. EA is a master when it comes to playing head games with the fans.

Great! That means that it has to be announced sometime this week then since nothing is being announced at EA Play. What was the time stamp where she said that? I'm so hyped for this pack so I can't wait and I sure hope they do announce it this week!
  • Options

True, but EA is notorious for making us wait FOREVER and with such a big event coming up, wouldn't they wanna try something out where they announce at EA Play? I hope this isn't the case, I really want the pack to be announced this week, but I wouldn't be too bummed if it was announced during EA Play.

No, honestly, I think that would backfire on them, especially with the retail leaks we've already had. If anything, knowing that Game Changers are going there to play the game and film it actually helps to raise the hype when we know a game is coming. It's like we get to live vicariously through them, lol.

I'd be more surprised if they don't announce anything this week. Plus, I believe Lyndsay (the GM for The Sims) said there would not be any big announcement at EA Play. She didn't say anything about announcing anything before it though...
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    @suzyl3 I believe she said it a couple of times during the stream. I have watched and dissected that vod several times since but I am not exactly sure when things were said. Just a few minutes before the end of the stream she and GuruDuke talked about being at EA Play. I'm excited about the new EP being the tropical one, too. And, by the way, great find on the tropical calendar you spotted in StrangerVille. Here's to hoping we're right about being excited we might have beaches and swimming in our future. :)
  • Options

No, honestly, I think that would backfire on them, especially with the retail leaks we've already had. If anything, knowing that Game Changers are going there to play the game and film it actually helps to raise the hype when we know a game is coming. It's like we get to live vicariously through them, lol.

I'd be more surprised if they don't announce anything this week. Plus, I believe Lyndsay (the GM for The Sims) said there would not be any big announcement at EA Play. She didn't say anything about announcing anything before it though...

YAY! I cannot wait for them to announce this pack. If it is a Tropical pack, which it very well may be, I'll be so happy!!!!!! I've wanted this sort of pack since release so this is a dream come true!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @suzyl3 I believe she said it a couple of times during the stream. I have watched and dissected that vod several times since but I am not exactly sure when things were said. Just a few minutes before the end of the stream she and GuruDuke talked about being at EA Play. I'm excited about the new EP being the tropical one, too. And, by the way, great find on the tropical calendar you spotted in StrangerVille. Here's to hoping we're right about being excited we might have beaches and swimming in our future. :)

Ikr! I've really wanted a tropical pack LEGIT FOREVER. I just hope it gives us everything that we've wanted from a tropical theme such as resorts, mermaids, ocean/beach activities, scuba diving, etc! But the find wasn't originally me, I just brought the news of it and the tweet to the forums, it was actually TheBoyXP on Twitter who found it. I wouldn't have seen it since I haven't gotten StrangerVille yet. I hope the leaks and our speculation is right and hopefully we find everything out very very soon!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    And speaking of announcement I wonder when we'll be getting the livestreams on the Tropical Pack. Generally they have 3. They could be connected with EA Play but I doubt it since EA has other games as well to show.
  • Options
    And speaking of announcement I wonder when we'll be getting the livestreams on the Tropical Pack. Generally they have 3. They could be connected with EA Play but I doubt it since EA has other games as well to show.

And what do you think they'll show? I know one of them will be for the world, one for CAS/Build+Buy, but what would the other one be for? Gameplay?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member

And what do you think they'll show? I know one of them will be for the world, one for CAS/Build+Buy, but what would the other one be for? Gameplay?

Gameplay and or Resorts if we're getting those and can run them.

Beach Activities
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Gameplay and or Resorts if we're getting those and can run them.

Beach Activities

True. I think realistically, we'll probably just be able to stay at resorts, not run them. But hey, you never know. They could surprise us!
  • Options

I guess if there's a crunch in time, maybe they'll rely more on the Game Changers to show off features?
  • Options

I guess if there's a crunch in time, maybe they'll rely more on the Game Changers to show off features?

Maybe.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

So I just went and rewatched the VOD for May Maxis Monthly, and she seems to say the opposite of this.

Lyndsay said they will "share a thing or two" at EA Play, and Duke said we will "hopefully have some news."

https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyVenomousWoodcockFloof
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

So I just went and rewatched the VOD for May Maxis Monthly, and she seems to say the opposite of this.

Lyndsay said they will "share a thing or two" at EA Play, and Duke said we will "hopefully have some news."

https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyVenomousWoodcockFloof

This ^
  • Options
    MaddisMaddis Posts: 137 Member

They announced The Sims 4 Get Together & Cats and Dogs at Gamescom which technically is the same as EA Play :smile:
  • Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    Am I the only one who has kids in the current game and is waiting for the announcement to choose their future?
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I looked into my crystal ball, and it said that an announcement will be made today.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has kids in the current game and is waiting for the announcement to choose their future?

I have a bunch of teens waiting in my game :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Have they ever revealed anything big (EP) at EA Play for TS4? I don't recall if they did. It was usually Gamescon where all the announcements happened. And no, they don't have to announce anything this week, since it may not be released until July. 'A few things' could mean players get to try out the new recolors. If they were going to have something 'big' at EA Play they would be tooting it a lot more than saying a 'few things'.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »

No you are not.
    My game has aging off, but I am basically not playing at all now.
    I will play TS3 until I have a University announcement. I think I am in for a bit of a wait.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds