The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I alone on this??

Ok I’m starting to think I’m the only one out there that doesn’t like playing Multi story homes. Searching the gallery for a dancer single story for a dancer price and nearly all are 2 floors plus. And I am not good at building homes :(

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    No you aren't alone. I usually like one stories best because it's easier to watch everything while playing. Search for ranch style or different versions of onestory or one story ect and in hash tags also. A lot of starters are also one floor.
    Is your sim a dancer.. as in you want a dance floor as part of it?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    You’re definitely not alone. I vastly prefer single floor homes from a gameplay perspective and I know for a fact that there are many others who feel the same.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I prefer single-story homes myself as well; multi-stories are nice but they get tiring quite easily when you see sims going up and down them constantly over the course of one single day.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    edited February 2019
    Ok I’m starting to think I’m the only one out there that doesn’t like playing Multi story homes. Searching the gallery for a dancer single story for a dancer price and nearly all are 2 floors plus. And I am not good at building homes :(

Wondering what you price range is, I make a lot of single story starter homes..not sure what your budget is(most of my starters are base game you can search the gallery for brenleedee and see if there is anything in your price range and that interests you)♥
  • Options
    JennCsimmerJennCsimmer Posts: 81 Member
    Looking for a movie star type home single story. I tried building one but yeah I lose interest very fast
    brenleedee wrote: »

Wondering what you price range is, I make a lot of single story starter homes..not sure what your budget is(most of my starters are base game you can search the gallery for brenleedee and see if there is anything in your price range and that interests you)♥

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    THIS! I was looking for decent single story homes not too long ago and I was not that successful. I finally just had to take a house from the gallery and transform it to my liking but i was hoping for something i didn't have to work on too much
  • Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    Yes! Those massive homes are pretty, but I prefer the small, single story ones to ply
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2019
    I used to prefer single story homes, but when I started building, I discovered that on some of the smaller lots the only way to get enough rooms to fit everthing in for a home (for me anyway) is to build up. If my family has toddlers or small children, they are nearly always 1 story because I'm paranoid that the kids will be taken away if I take to long to answer the cries.

I'm not a perfect builder but you are welcome to look at my gallery. I have quite a few single story homes on there. Many are expensive but there are some more affordable ones too. Its under: duhgirl2u2
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,041 Member
    I have a couple of single houses I made under California Dreaming, they are renditions of real houses in my neighborhood, I believe I have them with furniture, partially furnished ( bathroom and kitchen and unfurnished. Under #SheriSim or #SherSim57
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I play multi level but I prefer single level. In this rendition of the game though the lots are too small for the most part. I live in a rural area and I am used to large yards. If I have a large family in ts4 and I want a yard then I am forced to build up or put them in areas that don't fit the families. I tend to not play wealthy sims so putting them across from the goths and having that scenery for me is immersion breaking.

There are a couple decent sized lots but c'mon it's been years we should have more variety by now in lot size and surrounding choices.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    I prefer single-story homes, so I can see everyone when playing, so I don't forget about them, if they spend the entire day on a different floor.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I prefer single story homes too. Especially when I’m first starting a family. I do okay with multi-story homes but I build them myself. I like clean and spacious. I see many beautiful homes in the gallery but many I feel I made with small rooms and I like open spaces for easier access for my sims.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    One word, teleport.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,540 Member
    Depends on what I want to do. When I'm building a house just for the fun of building, I use stairs a lot. When I'm actually playing a family, I prefer single story houses.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,633 Member
    In previous iterations I always played with single story houses. I don't know why, but when Sims 4 came along I suddenly shifted to preferring two stories. Maybe it's because toddlers can now get up and down the stairs by themselves ;)
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I don't mind multi-story homes, but I don't go crazy with them, either. Usually I have the main floor where most of the gameplay happens and upstairs are the bedrooms or things like that.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    I can understand that single story houses are very convenient to play from outside the fourth wall but I usually focus on my favorite sim or the founder/heir and I like the game to be as realistic as possible. So as they earn more money, they'd be more likely to enjoy a two story house. But two is definitely the max for a house.

And yeah, there is a trade off between the exterior aesthetic of a house (single story houses are a little harder to make look unique and cool) and its convenience.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    what's a dancer in this context?

But yes I prefer single story ones too. I'd rather have everything splattered all over a single floor on a large lot than on multiple sotries on a smaller lot.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play mostly on 20 by 15 lots, so I use mostly 2 story minimalist homes. On larger lots, single story is sometimes more convenient.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,754 Member
    I prefer small homes, but 1 or 2 stories isn't important. I would normally have bedrooms upstairs, meaning most awake sims would be on ground floor anyway.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,242 Member
    You could have a rancher style with a basement for a studio? That would leave you room for a pool etc for the outdoors for those fancy Hollywood parties.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Yay! More single-story house players! I felt like I was the only one that preferred one story houses over two stories, too (but recently found some that enjoyed them as well in a previous thread sometime late last year). Looking on the gallery, it was so difficult to find single-story houses. I wish there was an option for us to choose between one-story and two-story houses.

I've actually had to start making my own houses because of this and I am not very good at building, either. As my houses have to be very specific. I play a lot of big families and I love spacious rooms (because I take a lot of pictures and don't want to get pictures of the wall while trying to turn the camera and stuff. :( Then I like to have all kinds of objects that make each one a little different to give it some personality and I also like to have backyards with lots of activities for them to do, with lots of room in their kitchen and dining room to have room for get together's and now events / holidays. :)

Maybe in the future, we'll get this option. *Crossed fingers*. They did mention that there would be more new stuff coming to the gallery (didn't give specific dates, or anything), just that there were more updates they wanted to do to the gallery (after that recent update we had where they changed the look a bit and added how the gallery works now, etc). So, we'll see. :)
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    For me it depends. 1-2 stories (some with 1 story basement as well) is what I mostly prefer but I do have one building with 4 stories + basement. That particular house is an apartment building. I don't really mind the long trek in that building as the building is not long; the apartments are compact and the stairs are not far from the front doors of the apartments or the doors that lead outside. I also have so many Sims in that building that I can focus on them while a Sim is going up or down.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I prefer one story houses and apartments as well. Going up stairs takes too much time.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,763 Member
    Nope, you're not alone. I use single storey houses too. And I make like fake rooms on the second floor so it looks nicer exterior-wise.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif