Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do my sims keep wetting the floor after a bath?

Every time my sims take a bath or shower, a puddle appears. I've already tried to put some rugs, but it stills happens. Is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    What are your sim's traits? In The Sims 2 and 1, sims who were sloppy or a child left puddles on the floor.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    Happens to me too, randomly - and I have not one slob.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    Happens to me too, randomly - and I have not one slob.

Then I'd say it's normal. It happens in real life, too.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have felt like I'm seeing more puddles in my sims' bathrooms than I used to, even when nothing is broken. Not that it's necessarily unrealistic, but definitely annoying lol. But it could just be coincidence, since I haven't seen much talk about it other than this thread.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    I generally only see puddles after giving a toddler a bath. I can't even remember the last time I had a puddle by the bathtub or shower other than that. I do have bath rugs by each tub and shower...no idea if it factors in our not.

I guess I could have puddles that I just don't notice. There's a neat sim in the household, and she's really on top of mopping....even the puddles outside when it rains.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    Yes, I am experiencing an increase in water puddles as well. Really annoying.
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    What are your sim's traits? In The Sims 2 and 1, sims who were sloppy or a child left puddles on the floor.

I don't have any sloppy sims, it annoys me because looks like my sims don't know how to use towels lol
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I see more with cheaper showers when I've just started a game or household.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have one Sim (with neither the neat nor slob traits) who seems prone to making puddles when she showers. (And then stands there pointing at the mess and shaking her head, with a trash can thought bubble, as if I'm supposed to clean it up for her.) The other two seem to be less messy.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,693 Member
    edited December 2018
    Is there a chance the puddle frequency increased with Pets? Bathing my dogs always give puddles, no matter how big the dog is or what traits are involved.

Do you get the same amount of puddles from showering as from bathing?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    I don't know, maybe because like... they just left the bath?
    Jk
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Is there a chance the puddle frequency increased with Pets? Bathing my dogs always give puddles, no matter how big the dog is or what traits are involved.

Do you get the same amount of puddles from showering as from bathing?

Ah, when I said bathing I was meaning both, and my sims actually take lots more of showers than actual baths
    I have one Sim (with neither the neat nor slob traits) who seems prone to making puddles when she showers. (And then stands there pointing at the mess and shaking her head, with a trash can thought bubble, as if I'm supposed to clean it up for her.) The other two seem to be less messy.

Yes! Sometimes the exact same thing happens to me.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I get them from toddlers or pets a lot
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    With City Living, you can put a Talking Toilet into the bathroom, and if it has the upgrade to evaporate puddles, and a clear line of sight to the puddle, then you never have to worry about drippy Sims.

Though of course the Talking Toilet, and Sims propensity to react to it, comes with its own annoyances.