Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Terrain Tools!!!

greenXengreenXen Posts: 1,227 Member

Comments

• Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Hidden forest cabin
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't know. I'll have to retake the habit to use them! :smiley:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited October 2018
    Per the first Maxis Monthly live stream, we're getting terrain tools. I think I just fainted. If I understood correctly, we're not getting a patch this month, so I guess it will come in November. The hype was real!

This thread beat me to it/more discussion here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/948968/terrain-tools#latest
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    The way they just didnt even acknowledge it... omg this is crazy
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yay for terrian tools! WooHoo! I'm putting hills on EVERY. SINGLE. LOT. :wink: Then I'm going to attempt to do a split level house :) Then probably flatten all the lots and use the new tools in a more productive way hehehe
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I only saw the last minutes, looks good. Is a pond tool included?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wonder if the terrain tools include ponds. Based on what I saw, it doesn't seem to be an option. I miss having ponds in my home, but the terrain tools are nice either way
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    We don't know yet @alanmichael1 but that would be sweet!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    I only saw the last minutes, looks good. Is a pond tool included?

I did not see a pond tool, but we already have a type of pond in the game, so I guess we'll make due, at least for now.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm more excited for what appears to be multi level foundations, but wow, I'm stunned nonetheless, I am so excited, I can't wait to see the builds creators will make now.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »
    I'm more excited for what appears to be multi level foundations, but wow, I'm stunned nonetheless, I am so excited, I can't wait to see the builds creators will make now.

Yes! That was exciting too. I think they kind of come together since they both require adjusting floor/base height.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Then I'm going to attempt to do a split level house :)

Yeah. It looks like we can now EASILY make split level houses, although maybe the height of the terrain will have to be wall height.

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I looked away for a second and he was just building....I didn't know how much I wanted that tool until I saw it :smiley:
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    What did ninja do with the room where he dragged it up? I know that's a new feature but I don't get hat he did
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options

What do you mean by multilevel foundations? I didn't notice that part
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    What did ninja do with the room where he dragged it up? I know that's a new feature but I don't get hat he did

It looked like he copied the shape of the building to a new floor, from what I observed

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Well he built a room up and another down, do it appears there are multi level foundations.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »

Well he built a room up and another down, do it appears there are multi level foundations.

I also looked it up and I found this video by The Sim Supply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIuVFWh5DY

If this becomes easier to do, it would be interesting. And I think it's a common complaint that you can't selectively add a foundation to your rooms, so I wonder if that's addressed. If they ever bring vehicles back, it would otherwise be hard to create a garage if your house a foundation.

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Terrain tools will be awesome!! I was showing a friend how I made their first floor of their RL house but couldn’t go the bottom floor correctly because its on a hill. Like a basement under ground level in the back but it’s ground level in the front, this sounds like I could do it right soon!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

If this becomes easier to do, it would be interesting. And I think it's a common complaint that you can't selectively add a foundation to your rooms, so I wonder if that's addressed. If they ever bring vehicles back, it would otherwise be hard to create a garage if your house a foundation.
    That is already easy to do.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    I want to see about making in-ground housing, but it's probably beyond my skill level. I'd also like to try a terrace garden.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    And people said it could never happen. :D This is gonna be fun!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Yes this is definitely something I am excited to use in building, so glad we will be able to do that.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hope that terrain tools DOES actually mean multi level houses. Say for a garage it could be a separate height from the main house. To do so you’d click on the room to change it. Then bring the rooms together later to connect.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options

That is already easy to do.

I've never tried it, so I have no idea. :grimace: