Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy Sims 5?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes.
    bekkasan wrote: »
    I don't trust them enough to buy anything straight off anymore. Didn't buy sims4, probably won't buy sims 5 if there is one. Would have to be one spectacular game and more of a combo of 2 and 3, then backwards like 4.

But this time it's a new team and a new Exe Producer. That might be reason to at least consider it since it won't be some of the same ideas. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    No.
    Nah I think I'm done after that one. I enjoy TS4 just fine but the gameplay gets further and further away from what I want, and after 4 iterations of the game it's time to quit.

I can either 1) accept that TS5 will probably be for people with different expectations than me and be happy for these people or 2) play it anyway while complaining it's everything I didn't want, and I don't fancy frustrating myself over that.
    I waited 2 years before playing TS4 for this very reason.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Yes.
    yes but only maybe three or two expansions in. Base games by itself are always dull as hell.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Yes.
    Oops didnt read the "straight away" bit. It is a no then!
  • Options
    VuloriVulori Posts: 94 Member
    No.
    No. I don't play sims like I used to and I feel like there is more emphasis on realistic play than there used to be. I love the occult stuff and it feels like they're moving away from it. I'm not saying I won't ever buy it, but it will be entirely dependent on what I see when it comes out. I'm done with buying games when they release because I never feel like it's worth the price any more.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No.
    Nah fam, the days of me blindly buying a Sims game are over.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    No.

For the first time in the life of the series, I wouldn't buy the game on the first day. I would wait a while to see what the game play is actually like. As opposed to what EA tells me about the game play.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hyped for the release of a new Sims game. However, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

EA has already used their one chance with me. The next opportunity (and paycheck) they will have to earn. They can't rest on their reputation anymore because they gleefully chucked it on an ill-fated attempt to join the online bandwagon. Releasing a game long before it was complete showed an incredible level of disrespect for the fan base. They don't get to do that twice. At least, not to me. The next game will have to be a significant leap forward.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes.
    I would since it's part of the Sims franchise but I hope it won't be like Sims 4 I need the back stories with the drama, I need the base game stuff to be in the base game. I need Burglars, Firemen, and Policemen, back. Toddlers in the game add Preteens please and thank you. Hotels and Swimming in the beach.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    No.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't trust them enough to buy anything straight off anymore. Didn't buy sims4, probably won't buy sims 5 if there is one. Would have to be one spectacular game and more of a combo of 2 and 3, then backwards like 4.

But this time it's a new team and a new Exe Producer. That might be reason to at least consider it since it won't be some of the same ideas. :D

hehe, still wouldn't buy it straight up from the start. I've learned to be more cautious in dealing with EA and their messes. Mostly I would love it if they would consider really working on getting rid of bugs and glitches before a product is released, completely testing it with a variety of simmers who have a variety of computers and playstyles and a variety of ages. Secondly, provided choices that are so important to simmers so we CAN totally rule our games.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No.
    I like Sims 4, and who knows what Sims 5 would be like, but I don't trust EA to build a decent base game right now.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    No.
    No, I’ll wait and see how the simming community reacts to it first, and watch some gameplay videos, and look at the game feature and see how the game actually works. I want to watch for Sims’ personalities and AI, and Sims 2-like stuff like working restaurants and home businesses.

I’ve been let down by both Sims 3 (base game) and Sims 4 (base, especially) in different ways, so...yeah. :frowning: I’m not going to buy a brand new base so quickly again.

And reviews are not always going to show how the game would be for me. For example, Sims 3 got great reviews from many gaming sites, but I personally didn’t enjoy it as much, so I’m cautious. Sims 4 base game and early years was just severely lacking for me.

If they left Sims 4 a mess, then I may have a hard time trusting this company once again. I hope the company has really learned their mistakes in the past.

I want a Sims 2-detailed level of Sims again. I want my lively, warm Sims with lots of details and interactions back, I want my working (without needing mods) home businesses again, and I want my actual working open restaurants (without needing mods) once again.

I want an updated Sims 2, basically. With the creative tools and some expansion content from Sims 3. (Still not sold on the actual full open world, though.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Way too early.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes.
    Sims 3 had become unplayable for me, with so many bugs, lag, and risks of corrupted saves even with the brilliant Twallan and his suite of mods (especially Overwatch). I had to buy Sims 4 to get my Sims fix.

If/when Sims 5 is released, I won't have that issue most likely, but if it offers what I want I'll buy it and play it alongside Sims 4 very happily.

But your premise is flawed because likely anyone who hangs out on these forums on a regular basis will become an informed purchaser. We all knew what we were getting into with Sims 4 (no toddlers/pools/ghusts, but to their credit they got the last two patched in pretty quickly, and for free instead of trying to sell them as DLC). The lack of toddlers wasn't a gamebreaker for me as long as they came eventually (which they did); I played mostly families that started out with children in those days rather than having babies in game because the full grown child hopping out of the bassinet was so jarring; left that behind with Sims 1.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    No.
    Not likely. I did that with Sims 3 and learned a hard lesson when I realised first thing that I hated the way the Sims looked, then noticed that my play style was eliminated, and finally, at the time, the game was not made to be mod/cc friendly. I jumped ship after a few play sessions of trying to squeeze some enjoyment from it and failing.

I waited about two months before getting Sims 4 and looked into it a little first. I tried out the CAS demo and immediately loved it. And I did enjoy the base game. Unfortunately, it always feels like there are certain elements missing and I really don't know if those features will ever return. Therefore, I will wait to purchase the next one until I know a little bit about it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Yes.
    When it finally comes (and I'm sure it will do when the time is right) I'd get it straight away if only to see what it's like. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Yes.
    Assuming I could afford to, sure. I know where to get my Sims fix, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes.
    Id rather not though ;D
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Yes.
    TS4 is easily the best game in the franchise and I’m confident that TS5 would be even better.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    No.
    I was ready for TS2 when it came out, but I was still happily playing 2 when TS3 released. TS3 was horribly buggy & forced me to mod my game (thanks, Twallian!), but I still wasn't ready for TS4--hadn't even bought the last pack (Back to the Future?). Never did buy that one.

TS4 is far, far, far less buggy than any of the other iterations of the game (for me, anyway), but it's also a lot less fun--again, for me. Somehow, the emotion-system interferes with my story-telling. Too many times, sims don't respond the way they should, and I've pretty much given up on my own stories. For the first time, my game-play is based on 'working the system,' instead of simply taking care of and playing with my sims, making up stories, etc. Essentially, EA has made their mechanics the game, instead of giving me a sandbox to play in the way I decide. I'm having difficulty explaining this clearly: the stories I tell myself when I play with my TS4 sims aren't based on the ideas I want to play with, but rather on the limited emotions my sims can display and the limited things they can do.

Maxis and now EA has made the game more and more mechanics-/goal-based since TS1, and thus more and more like any other game. I had more roleplay/storytelling freedom in my years of playing WoW than I do in TS4. (I know, technically I still have absolute freedom...but the sims don't react correctly, and it breaks immersion.)

So, would I buy TS5 at the first opportunity? Absolutely not. It's possible I'll never get it, if they've moved farther away from the sandbox.

And for sure I'd wait until it's half-price or less.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes.

That is what I hope. Different people, better attitude
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Yes.

hehe, still wouldn't buy it straight up from the start. I've learned to be more cautious in dealing with EA and their messes. Mostly I would love it if they would consider really working on getting rid of bugs and glitches before a product is released, completely testing it with a variety of simmers who have a variety of computers and playstyles and a variety of ages. Secondly, provided choices that are so important to simmers so we CAN totally rule our games.

If they play tested the game for a while then I think that it could be better for the player in the long run. The concept of rushing a game out unfinished has failed badly
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, if it has the color wheel and open world.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    No.
    Not, straightaway, no.

After many (most?) longtime fans were disappointed in Sims 4, chances are Sims 5 will be closer to Sims 3 with open world and story progression. That wasn't my cup of tea and I'd need to read/watch reviews very carefully before committing to buying.

But in the long run I'm positive I'd get Sims 5, probably on discount or in a bundle with the first EP. I mean, even the sims games that I enjoyed least entertained me for the better part of a year, so it's money well spent.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    No.
    Nope. I didn't even buy TS4 straightaway. And most of the games that I purchased, I will check the reviews first... Though it is very tempting to get the latest game..

But, I'm sure I will buy it no matter what... just, not straightaway...
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    No.
    You see, the most profitable time for a game is in the first few weeks after it's released. This is the point at which people don't know what it's like. If lots of people jump to buy it, without reviews (or all reviews being from properly vetted sourced) if it's bad, news won't be too wide. That's when it's got its best chance to hit the Top 10 charts.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.