Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Serial Simmer

Does anybody jump from household to household or create new ones for your neighborhood or do you like to stick to the same Sims?

Comments

• Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    All of the above! I have a couple saves where I am sticking with a single family, but I love to play around with my Rotational Saves just to shake things up.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited December 2017
    I have used the same town and households since the debut of the game in September 2014. I just use "save as" constantly and back up my files frequently. I usually stick with a household for a few play sessions and then jump to another. I always come up with story ideas and then decide to go to a different one when an idea strikes me. Soooo many of my family's trees are intertwined and ashamedly admit that there are two of my sims that are 2nd cousins and are dating. They are adorable together! I pretend that sim rules are different than real life rules if I want a story to fit! lol
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    for me, I usually play with just a single family*. I use the term "family" kind of loosely though since after several generations they've pretty much taken over the town of newcrest. I tend to stick to one household (typically my "heir"), but every now & then I'll find myself switching between his children to further my family tree or his siblings.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I mainly jump from household to household to impregnate sims. I befriend them in clubs, hook them up with each other, and then marry them.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I play whatever household is most interesting at the time
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    I have one main family, and then I play all their children for about 1 sim week at a time
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I usually play one or 2 main families and then go thru the households and progress them. Right now I'm in the Goths and Mortimer has already passed and Bella aged up to an elder. So I married the kids off and started new generations for them. I go thru and progress them all so some of the families aren't dying a lonely Crumplebottom life!
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Posted this on an earlier thread. Still true.

I have a pattern:
    1. Decide to go on a Sims binge.
    2. Spend hours if not days coming up with a backstory and an idea of a career or something game-related I want to try. {Not necessarily in that order.}
    3. Make the Sim (or maybe two).
    4. Build the house if necessary (almost always a starter with no cheats).
    5. Start to play. Have the Sim enter the target career.
    6. Play the Sim through initial promotions. See who they meet up with and are romantically interested in (if not basically dictated by backstory as in #2)
    7. Boy Meets Girl and they Date.
    8.They get married.
    9. They raise approximately two children while continuing to strive for career success. This includes following whims and aspirations. Toddlers must be raised with happy childhoods resulting in at least level 3 of all skills. Children must reach A grade at school.
    10. Just when the first born reaches young adult; Mum and/or Dad are reaching the top levels of their careers. Decide the goal has been achieved and the target traits/personality/stereotype/career/gameplay has been explored. Immediately get distracted by real life, frustrated with micro-managing too many Sims, bored of this straight laced, perfect family... ... wipe the save

Rinse and Repeat for the Next Time/Cycle
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I have Sims that I created myself and have played them since Sims2. Each iteration of the game gives new opportunities to play out this family to the fullest. This time, instead of just playing the one family, I have also included a rotation save of my ancestors. Right now, things are popping in the rotation save, so I haven't gone back to the other save, yet. But, I will.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I like to play a lot of households and just focus on one it depends on whether something is keeping me there storywise or I just switched over while another household is waiting for a baby to be born. Then sometimes I focus on one family and randomly add more into it and start rotating all over again.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    edited December 2017
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I mainly jump from household to household to impregnate sims. I befriend them in clubs, hook them up with each other, and then marry them.

Haha this is exactly how i play!! Minus the clubs. I have 1 main household, then invite a bunch of sims, light a flirty inscent, see who hits it off, then try "hook up with.." If they accept, im off to manage worlds to cheat them to marriage and then I get them pregnant (for the next gen) then I never bother with them again.

ETA this is why relationship culling grinds my gears as much as it does.... If i do this over and over, the relationships still decay little by little.... Over time theyre gone. I can't even say how many times I've switched just to impregnate a sim quick, 2 sim hours tops, and i come back to my main house and every one is gone....
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I jump around between many different households that I made. Making them friends or enemies with each other, romantic affairs and offspring. I try to play rotationally but sometimes I like to throw a new sim in there.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I have a save file where I just play one family and once the kids age up choose one of them to play. I have a second save file where I play families on a rotational basis.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    Does anybody jump from household to household or create new ones for your neighborhood or do you like to stick to the same Sims?

All of the above. I play on 2 computers. I have one that I have had for over a year. On the computer I used the most, I'm constantly deleting games and making new games.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Assuming you mean TS4, now going with 1 household per game save as this fouled up game makes proper rotational almost impossible. Any rotation is now save to save.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I'll occasionally create new sims, but I usually return to my main save after a short diversion.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I generally play one household per save. But I like to make some neighbours, best friends and love interests for this family. I just put them in the game so my sims can interact with them.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I mainly stick with the family, or if there is a sim I want to make as a spouse I will play their household to get them to meet my sim. I don't have master controller because it decided it didn't want to work on my computer, therefore if I want the family to expand I have to do it myself haha.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I have over twenty sims and I jump around to play them all.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I cannot seem to stick to a household, im constantly making new ones lol. It's a frustrating habit of mine.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    MyStIc_MuRk3RMyStIc_MuRk3R Posts: 13 New Member
    It seems like a lot of effort if you ask me lol I tend to stick to a generation of people
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I play a legacy, so I have my main household, and then the supporting characters' households as well. I have about 8 different saves to keep track of everyone, but for the most part I stick to my main family. :)

I usually have 1 save file that's just a sandbox, though, with a random Sim family I've created. But I have found that I prefer playing a challenge rather than just a regular family, since I feel like there's more of a "goal" to accomplish, y'know?
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I stick my my family and play thought their generations. It feels good and i like to get suprised to see what their kids look like and how much they still look like their familymembers generations before them. If a new pack or world comes, i just make a plan that suits my family and the new additions. With city living, i planned to let my children live together as roomies in the city. It suits them. But im still in the toddler fase with them haha. Takes a bit time, cause i play with long lifespan.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    It depends on the save. I have a rotational style save where I play all of the premades + some of my own sims, and then I have saves where I stick to one family, usually because I'm playing a challenge. I try to see the challenge through to the end, but sometimes I'll find/start a new challenge and will fail to go back to the one I was working on previously.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2017
    I play one Sim/Sim Family per save file, it's always been that way for me since the original Sims.

The only save files I have with more than one played lot is my Random Legacy file (helpers moved to a new lot after Gen 1, but I marked them as unplayed after moving), my build challenges file, Sims with a retail store/restaurant and my collector Sim. She has three; her empty main lot, a retail lot where she lives and a generic lot where she stores all her collections, rocket, microscope and telescope.

Perhaps one day I'll try rotational and the MC mod when I have a computer that can handle it all, but for now I enjoy focusing on one Sim/Family at a time.

Happy Simming! :)