Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better Moving Out Options?

SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi! My friend PolarBearSims and I were talking the other day about how frustrating moving Sims around can be. We came up with a short list of things related just to moving Sims, so I thought I would share it here to see what others think of the subject and at least attempt to bring this to EA's attention.
  • A "Move Out" or "Move Sim" option on the phone for teens and older. This would allow you to move the selected Sim and any other Sims you choose out of the household and onto another lot. When moving this way, those moving should be able to take some money with them and a way to take furniture would be nice as well.
  • A "Kick Out" interaction under the mean tab for teens and older. This would make the victim of the interaction be immediately evicted from the household and put into the floating homeless Sim pool, not allowing them to take any money or furniture with them. We would need a warning screen as well, so that players don't accidentally evict people from the household. Evicted Sims could have a sad or angry moodlet from being kicked out of their home.
  • The ability to move Sims not only from household to household, but also to just remove them from the household from the manage worlds screen. Currently we can only move Sims in one household to another household, which doesn't make sense at all if you're just trying to move Sims into their own home or something.

That's everything! Let me know what you think of these ideas, what you would add to the list, and if you think this should be implemented into the base game!

Alternatively, discuss this on Reddit: Link
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Yes, I would add two things to that.... when a sim dies he can have a will to leave furniture, property and money to whoever he wants, and any children or toddlers left in a family when the last adult dies should go into the adoption bin.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yep I miss the kick out option from the phone/computer.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Snowie wrote: »
    • The ability to move Sims not only from household to household, but also to just remove them from the household from the manage worlds screen. Currently we can only move Sims in one household to another household, which doesn't make sense at all if you're just trying to move Sims into their own home or something.

I have a question about this. What do you mean about it?
    If you go to Manage Worlds, then Manage Households, choose a household and click on the split household, there's a button to create a new household. By clicking on it, you won't go into the CAS, but instead get an empty household that you can make by moving sims you want out. Then this new household will appear in the Manage Households in My Households as Not in the World household that you can move. But I do admit that it's annoying that they can't take any furniture with them except for the objects that can be put in their personal inventory. They also start out with 20,000 simoleons like any usual household.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Yes, I would add two things to that.... when a sim dies he can have a will to leave furniture, property and money to whoever he wants, and any children or toddlers left in a family when the last adult dies should go into the adoption bin.

Yeah, I miss getting an inheritance or being able to adopt kids recently taken away.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    If you go to Manage Worlds, then Manage Households, choose a household and click on the split household, there's a button to create a new household. By clicking on it, you won't go into the CAS, but instead get an empty household that you can make by moving sims you want out. Then this new household will appear in the Manage Households in My Households as Not in the World household that you can move. But I do admit that it's annoying that they can't take any furniture with them except for the objects that can be put in their personal inventory. They also start out with 20,000 simoleons like any usual household.

Unless things have changed recently, last I checked you could only move a Sim from one household into a new family, not move them out to live by themselves. If this has changed then great! I would still love the other two points I mentioned, though. It's a bit of a hassle to go between manage worlds and live mode all the time just because you want to move out the grandparents into their retirement home.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Snowie wrote: »

Yeah, I miss getting an inheritance or being able to adopt kids recently taken away.
    EgonVM wrote: »

Unless things have changed recently, last I checked you could only move a Sim from one household into a new family, not move them out to live by themselves. If this has changed then great! I would still love the other two points I mentioned, though. It's a bit of a hassle to go between manage worlds and live mode all the time just because you want to move out the grandparents into their retirement home.
    On manage households, there’s this plus button above the neighborhood/household options
    If you press that your sim can live alone
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited November 2017
    I totally agree there should be a "Kick Out" and "Move Out" interaction that can be initiated from the phone and computer.

By the way, if you're not opposed to mods, there are two excellent mods that help with moving out sims:

Packing Crate by scumbumbo - Allows you to pack furniture and other large objects in a special crate, and then this crate can go into a sim's personal inventory. This allows the sim moving out to take their favorite personal items with them (such as their bed, decorations, career rewards, etc. ) Basically anything that can't be directly put in their personal inventory can go into the packing crate. It's been recently updated and I love this mod!!!

ATM Cards with Credit Function by LittleMsSam - This allows you to buy "cash cards" that can be put in a sim's personal inventory. Therefore the moving-out sim can have more money than the default $20,000 for a single household. Yes, a non-mod way such as expensive violins work too, but they immediately depreciate in value. I made a "bank" and put the ATM on the bank lot, and now if I have a rich household, my moving out sim will go to the ATM to purchase these cards.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I totally agree there should be a "Kick Out" and "Move Out" interaction that can be initiated from the phone and computer.

By the way, if you're not opposed to mods, there are two excellent mods that help with moving out sims:

Packing Crate by scumbumbo - Allows you to pack furniture and other large objects in a special crate, and then this crate can go into a sim's personal inventory. This allows the sim moving out to take their favorite personal items with them (such as their bed, decorations, career rewards, etc. ) Basically anything that can't be directly put in their personal inventory can go into the packing crate. It's been recently updated and I love this mod!!!

ATM Cards with Credit Function by LittleMsSam - This allows you to buy "cash cards" that can be put in a sim's personal inventory. Therefore the moving-out sim can have more money than the default $20,000 for a single household. Yes, a non-mod way such as expensive violins work too, but they immediately depreciate in value. I made a "bank" and put the ATM on the bank lot, and now if I have a rich household, my moving out sim will go to the ATM to purchase these cards.

Gosh, if these modders can do this why can’t the sims team do it? I don’t use custom content or mods, but I wish EA would work in this stuff.
  • Options
    On manage households, there’s this plus button above the neighborhood/household options
    If you press that your sim can live alone

Ah cool, thanks for letting me know. The system is still in need of an update though, I miss being able to kick out ex-spouses or just move extra Sims out without cheating/modding to get their funds accurate.
    Gosh, if these modders can do this why can’t the sims team do it? I don’t use custom content or mods, but I wish EA would work in this stuff.

I don't generally use CC, but have several mods in my game because I'm tired of waiting for EA to make the game that I want to play. I have a lot of mods that make the game more realistic/difficult, and they make the game playable for me. Thanks @Pegasys for letting me know about those mods, I was aware of packing crates but haven't ever really used it. Still, we shouldn't have to mod or cheat the game just to move Sims around with their own money and furniture, that's just ridiculous.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no nothing wrong with the way it is since I keep aging off I chose to have my sims living tighter no matter the age of the sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2017
    Also, an option to split the household budget would be splendid.
  • Options
    Stef024Stef024 Posts: 19 Member
    > @Snowie said:
    > Hi! My friend PolarBearSims and I were talking the other day about how frustrating moving Sims around can be. We came up with a short list of things related just to moving Sims, so I thought I would share it here to see what others think of the subject and at least attempt to bring this to EA's attention.
    >
    > * A "Move Out" or "Move Sim" option on the phone for teens and older. This would allow you to move the selected Sim and any other Sims you choose out of the household and onto another lot. When moving this way, those moving should be able to take some money with them and a way to take furniture would be nice as well.
    > * A "Kick Out" interaction under the mean tab for teens and older. This would make the victim of the interaction be immediately evicted from the household and put into the floating homeless Sim pool, not allowing them to take any money or furniture with them. We would need a warning screen as well, so that players don't accidentally evict people from the household. Evicted Sims could have a sad or angry moodlet from being kicked out of their home.
    > * The ability to move Sims not only from household to household, but also to just remove them from the household from the manage worlds screen. Currently we can only move Sims in one household to another household, which doesn't make sense at all if you're just trying to move Sims into their own home or something.
    >
    >
    > That's everything! Let me know what you think of these ideas, what you would add to the list, and if you think this should be implemented into the base game!
    >
    > Alternatively, discuss this on Reddit: Link

YES WE NEED THIS SO BAD!
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    Bumping this up because I am frustrated that I cant move my sim out without leaving the family behind or losing all the money
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I really want a sim to be able to move out, using computer or phone, and have the household sims hug, wave goodbye, or other interactions based on their relationship with the moving out sim. This would really add a lovely immersive touch.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I want to be able to transfer some simoleons to the sims moving out. I hate having to move them to an empty lot, cheat the money up then move them into a nice place like they just came from. I want my rich parent sims to be able to pass down some of the fortune to the kids when they leave. I would also like the option to update a married sims last name when they get married rather than have to go into CAS. Plus if you turn into a YA, start working and you’re making your own money while still living at home when you do move the sim out they can’t take their own money with them.. or even for paintings, woodworkings, etc not just career money. So being able to transfer money is something I’d love to be able to do in this game
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Yes yes yes I just want to move a couple of Sims out the house not the entire house hold.
  • Options
    hannahdesney_hannahdesney_ Posts: 21 Member
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > Yes, I would add two things to that.... when a sim dies he can have a will to leave furniture, property and money to whoever he wants, and any children or toddlers left in a family when the last adult dies should go into the adoption bin.

I think this is a fabulous idea. Adoptable kids should have the option to go to an aunt or uncle.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is a great idea. We definitely need a way to move out besides going to the manage household screen.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Omgosh yes! I play multiple generations, and sometimes I keep the kids on the lot with parents till the parents die, but sometimes not and all this would make a WORLD of difference story experience! I've also mentioned before that it'd be cool if parents, especially family oriented ones, got some kind of sad "empty nest" moodlet when their kids moved out. Right now, if feels like such a non-event :-( It'd also be neat if we had a way to transfer funds from household to household, maybe set up a weekly "allowance" or have a "send X money" option.

Or heck, now that I get all these random 🐸🐸🐸🐸 gifts on birthdays, why can't I SEND gifts? Like, maybe something would pop up--"X just had a birthday" or "X just got married, would you like to send a gift?" And then we could actually pick something out and send it it would show up in their inventory, and then maybe that sim would send a thank you note and...this is getting kinda off topic, whoops, nevermind, lol.

Also, as someone who plays with whims a lot, it'd be cool if we had more Life Stages and Family based whims throughout the sims life. So, a child aging up to young adult might get a whim to "move out on their own," or even parents might get a "ask X to move out" or something. And then once the kid moved out, maybe once in a while the parent and child would get a "call X" whim, or "go visit X" whim. I kinda hate we only get whims regarding relationships when the other sim is RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. I'd also like a "move in with" whim for strong romantic and friendly relationships, not just "get engaged" and "get married."
  • Options
    mcorralmcorral Posts: 512 Member
    Yesterday I tried that. It was the first time I played a teen sim and when I tried to move my sim out it was impossible. Now I really don't know how I did it, because it was not an easy task.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think there should be a Leave The Nest option. This would allow a teen(s) who ages up to a YA to have the option (via computer or phone) to move out on their own. It would give a set amount for money to start life with. The money could come from the game, not from family funds as if it were money saved in a bank account for this big day. There could be the hugs and good-byes as the YA sim moves out with a suit case. Then you have a pop-up option to follow the YA and play them looking for a new place or stay with the family and the YA goes to the bin until you're ready to play them. There could be a short time of sadness for the family (like when the dog runs away, only less so since they knew it was coming) and a pride buff for the YA who's happy about moving out.
  • Options
    FelpataMaraunderFelpataMaraunder Posts: 14 New Member
    I also think there should be a way to manage money beetween households, so that maybe parents could help out their children while they start to be atuonomous and stuff like that.. I always struggle to keep it realistic in those situations.
  • Options
    babytesbabytes Posts: 100 Member
    Such a great idea @FelpataMaraunder
  • Options
    SimmerAmandaSimmerAmanda Posts: 3 New Member
    I am looking for this too!
  • Options
    strf85strf85 Posts: 20 Member
    I would like the kick out option when divorce happens.
    I also like the ideas of "leaving the nest" and having recently aged up teens move out on their own. Also want the option that every member of the family can save up their own chunk of money. It's a mod from simRealist that's on it's way back that does this. Just a shame that I might need so many mods in my game ;-)
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I agree with you, they made moving out a little bit too difficult...