Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make my game running faster with CC?

SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
I still have a strong interest in the sims 2 but it faded away since my gaming computer makes my game very slow. More slower than it was with Vista and a 32 bit system. I know I have a huge amount of CC that makes my game toxic and it doesn't help me at all.
In the past I always had this huge amount of CC that doesn't make any problems when I build/decorate. Even sims 2 was quicker than sims 3 in a non-gaming computer.
However I need all of them because I need to redecorate and built the houses the game refused to install properly. For now I only use my CC for build and decorate. More than 8Gb of content >:) What the Plum I did? Ha just awesome CC really and gorgeous houses. It's temporarily , after finishing to rebuild everything I won't use everything.

I keep my CD I don't want to ask for the UC. I consider the offer closed and my Internet connexion is DSL but slow speed. I don't want to wait for hours to have a game I got the CD.

I could manage how to make it run with windows 10, No more screen stuck at 800x600, no more grey Smooth Edges thanks to the great tutorials in Internet. Especially the stunning help brought by leefish forum.

My question is how can speed up my game continuing to use CC?

I play with a disc of Appartement Life as last EP , no- noCD.
Thank you in advance. Please be patient I am still a newbie with windows 10 and I am not sometimes good at English.

---

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-770K Quad Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB
Card name: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)

Comments

• Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Some tips:

1) Remove securom. (Can't link you because the mods look askance at modifying actual game files... just google it.) 90% of the time this reduces load speeds by about a quarter to a half regardless of how much CC you use. I used to play on a Vista machine and with securom a totally vanilla game took me 30+ minutes to load.
    2) Use the compressorizer.
    3) Pull unneeded neighborhoods. Just take any maxis neighborhoods you don't use and shunt them into a desktop file - you can put them right back in if you want, but having all what, ten of them, plus custom neighborhoods, available can slow down load times.

Good luck!
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I agree with @Scribal_Goddess Securom can be a game killer on Windows 10. They don't play well together.

You can also try the 4MB patch I wrote about it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/925487/looking-for-a-mod#latest
    with instructions. I would really get rid of Securom first though.
  • Options
    swillflyswillfly Posts: 54 Member
    Would you like some breakfast?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Scribal_Goddess
    1) Remove securom. (Can't link you because the mods look askance at modifying actual game files... just google it.) 90% of the time this reduces load speeds by about a quarter to a half regardless of how much CC you use. I used to play on a Vista machine and with securom a totally vanilla game took me 30+ minutes to load.

Me , a couple of months ago , I had vista 32 bit and it was slow with or without cc. Currently vanilla game runs fasts but my 8.74 Gb of cc (75% of them are recolours) is not playable at all. Does securom even freeze the loading of the house catalog, none of them are cc inside and all the furniture and the build mod cc?
    Because the game blocked totally it "doesn't answer".
    3) Pull unneeded neighborhoods. Just take any maxis neighborhoods you don't use and shunt them into a desktop file - you can put them right back in if you want, but having all what, ten of them, plus custom neighborhoods, available can slow down load times.
    So for instance I play veronaville I can delete the others I don't use? Neat I never knew ! What about the sub cities? As University,the downtown, bluewater village, the vacations areas ? I don't use Bluewater.

@Scribal_Goddess and @JULES1111 If I delete securom can I have still use my AL disc? Or should I play with a no-cd patch? Because some no-cd patch are clean others are virus.

@swillfly yes I do often.

Thank you for the reply. I hope it's fixable because I am very tired of the slowness of the game. I am about to uninstall it forever.
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    @Scribal_Goddess

Me , a couple of months ago , I had vista 32 bit and it was slow with or without cc. Currently vanilla game runs fasts but my 8.74 Gb of cc (75% of them are recolours) is not playable at all. Does securom even freeze the loading of the house catalog, none of them are cc inside and all the furniture and the build mod cc?
    So for instance I play veronaville I can delete the others I don't use? Neat I never knew ! What about the sub cities? As University,the downtown, bluewater village, the vacations areas ? I don't use Bluewater.

@Scribal_Goddess and @JULES1111 If I delete securom can I have still use my AL disc? Or should I play with a no-cd patch? Because some no-cd patch are clean others are virus.

Securom is on the discs to prevent copying the game for profit, but it can slow down all load times enough to error them out. (Before I knew how to remove it I couldn't open the collections file, or buy sim clothes at a store, so I would think it could have a problem with the lot catalog...) Basically I *think* that every time you access game files it's checking to be sure you're not copying them? Not 100% on how it messes things up beyond load times, as I just rid myself of it and never looked into it again.

If you remove securom you will have to play cracked/no cd, unfortunately. There are instructions for finding the right patches online but, again, can't link because mods... (No piracy here, EA, I just want to play the game I paid for!) More Awesome than You might still have good advice, I think that's where I went to get my issues sorted out.

You can delete any neighborhood you don't use. You can also download clean templates of these neighborhoods from MTS, which means that if you change your mind, you can get them back... without any of the minor corruption potential problems that they shipped with. You can also switch main neighborhoods in and out with no problems: all the files they need should be in the neighborhood folder. Theoretically, if you don't have any neighborhoods that use Bluewater, you could delete it, but I'd hold off on that until you've done a quick google, since I'm not 100% on how subhoods work. I know you can't delete the hobby lot, witch, or weather "hidden" sub neighborhoods without massive problems, but I think downtown, bluewater, the universities, and the vacation destinations function normally, since you can add more than one of them per neighborhood.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    @Scribal_Goddess

@swillfly yes I do often.

Thank you for the reply. I hope it's fixable because I am very tired of the slowness of the game. I am about to uninstall it forever.

Yes Securom causes havoc especially on the build/buy catalogs. The catalogs are the worst. If you remove it, no you can not use the disk any longer, it will reinstall itself. You will have to get a new .exe to use. If you decide to remove it let me know, I can help with a safe .exe, though I can't link it on the forum. Can't help with which neighborhoods are safe to delete though. If I were you I would start with the Securom, and see how the game runs before jumping into deleting neighborhoods.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    @Scribal_Goddess - @JULES1111 : thank you sorry for my late replies.

I found the securom remover on google and on other sims forums they spoke about how to get it. I have the same problems my house catalogs makes my game freeze forever, my loadings takes forever, when I load a single catalog it takes forever etc. With CC its worst. They also speak of the same of both of you I have get a no patch cd. Really me too I paid for the game and thinking of I have to drop it forever makes me feel very angry. Especially windows 10 is old software friendly. The game itself works fine without cc. Sims 3 is quicker except for the game loads.

The securom program finds securom and it deletes it. It is installed in the registry that's mad. And it isn't effective at all. The improvement I got wih my gigas of cc are a quick introduction loading, but the loading is still freezing forever. :/

I don't think the 4Gb patch is efficient so I use CFF explorer to make it able to run +2GB Windows refused to read my game it said to me my version of the game can't be read by your version of windows. Indeed my windows 10 isn't corrected updated. WSUS offline finds plenty of updates I never received, never done.

A friend of mine at tumblr told me about unparking CPU. I don't do that.

For now I don't remove the neighbohours I will check at the link you gave me @Scribal_Goddess I will study it and I'll tell you.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Try deleting the thumbnail cache files. Also, when's the last time you checked your downloads for duplicates? Use the Sims2Pk Clean Installer to remove any duplicates. They cause bloat. And use Delphy's tool to remove any recolors in there that don't have any meshes attached to them..they are called orphans. You can also remove old projects from your projects file (they cause lag, too). Delete all your cache files. Check which cc you want to keep, you have a very good pc, I would say it's the stuff I mentioned and some very high poly cc that is lagging your game. I have over 9GB of cc now and it's still great but you need to do these things often.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Try deleting the thumbnail cache files. Also, when's the last time you checked your downloads for duplicates? Use the Sims2Pk Clean Installer to remove any duplicates. They cause bloat. And use Delphy's tool to remove any recolors in there that don't have any meshes attached to them..they are called orphans. You can also remove old projects from your projects file (they cause lag, too). Delete all your cache files. Check which cc you want to keep, you have a very good pc, I would say it's the stuff I mentioned and some very high poly cc that is lagging your game. I have over 9GB of cc now and it's still great but you need to do these things often.

I did thank you ! @Cinebar . My old project are dead with my old computer so I installed a clean copy there. Even my old saves I don't possess them anymore.
    I am sorry for my absence, I was busy these couple of days with my story, my birthday etc. I followed the things that people suggested me here and you saved my game . I don't know how to thank you for all the useful trick you shared with me. It is very fast now and it's very playable. I only have to get rid off the cc I had that cause crash. I found them. I also do a small clean of cc I don't want to get . 9 GB is very very heavy mine is around this weight and it's only the build + recolours + master meshes + furniture meshes.

Here are what I have done. I don't clean the neighbohour I don't use for now. I go step by step.

You don't know how much I am happy I can keep my sims 2 ,I never had the chance to play it really with all the problems I got in the past. Now I tell myself if I knew this earlier.
    Here is the things suggested to me or I read in google I did. I have CDs. Windows 10.
     Delete Securom and play with a no-cd patch.
     Delete the symbols in CC name as @,[,],_,-,# etc. I use renamer.exe it’s better than Bulker because you can delete what you want until 5.000 files in a row without freezing and in a second if you got a good computer.
     Use CFF explorer and allow +2GB of ram not EPX.exe but in the launcher. (it can damage your SPx/EPx.exe I tried last time and I couldn’t launched the game, windows didn’t recognize it)
     Graphic Maker rules to correct the graphics rules and allows your graphic card to be recognized .
    Of course, always delete the cache files and the duplicates of your CC.

I posted this on my Tumblr. Orphans I always clean them because they are useless you are right. I don't speak about them here but I do.
  • Options
    @Simsophonique Awesome! Glad it is running well now. Enjoy your game! :smiley:
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    @Simsophonique Awesome! Glad it is running well now. Enjoy your game! :smiley:

me too you don't know ! But I have to search for lost cc now for redecorating my houses that doesn't want to install well. That's an other thing to do. :D
  • Options
    JobiParsons2005JobiParsons2005 Posts: 1 New Member
    Try downloading the mod detector app? xx
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I did thank you ! @Cinebar . My old project are dead with my old computer so I installed a clean copy there. Even my old saves I don't possess them anymore.
    I am sorry for my absence, I was busy these couple of days with my story, my birthday etc. I followed the things that people suggested me here and you saved my game . I don't know how to thank you for all the useful trick you shared with me. It is very fast now and it's very playable. I only have to get rid off the cc I had that cause crash. I found them. I also do a small clean of cc I don't want to get . 9 GB is very very heavy mine is around this weight and it's only the build + recolours + master meshes + furniture meshes.

Here are what I have done. I don't clean the neighbohour I don't use for now. I go step by step.

You don't know how much I am happy I can keep my sims 2 ,I never had the chance to play it really with all the problems I got in the past. Now I tell myself if I knew this earlier.
    Here is the things suggested to me or I read in google I did. I have CDs. Windows 10.
     Delete Securom and play with a no-cd patch.
     Delete the symbols in CC name as @,[,],_,-,# etc. I use renamer.exe it’s better than Bulker because you can delete what you want until 5.000 files in a row without freezing and in a second if you got a good computer.
     Use CFF explorer and allow +2GB of ram not EPX.exe but in the launcher. (it can damage your SPx/EPx.exe I tried last time and I couldn’t launched the game, windows didn’t recognize it)
     Graphic Maker rules to correct the graphics rules and allows your graphic card to be recognized .
    Of course, always delete the cache files and the duplicates of your CC.

I posted this on my Tumblr. Orphans I always clean them because they are useless you are right. I don't speak about them here but I do.

Yay! you are very welcome!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    And it stills works awesomely now @Cinebar after months of testing. However for the gameplay I still don't try yet.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Try downloading the mod detector app? xx

You mean the DmitriM something program? That's for sims 4 and I got it thanks.
    My problems was about the Sims 2 and sadly people knows that isn't the same game.