Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 is endlessly surprising, my dream maker! [Story time!]

NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
Hi there! I'm a simmer since TS1, but since The Sims 2 changed my perception of what playing with little lives in little worlds can look like, I've been having wonderful dreams clearly inspired by The Sims... I dream of residential condominiums and little streeets in the middle of nowhere, of building houses and living among beautiful architecture. The Sims inspired me so much!

Before The Sims 3 launched, or much was known of it, I'd get dreams in anticipation, of this huge open world cities, with beautiful beaches, restaurants, townhouses and beaches that looked more like GTA or second life, or so I thought. I was a bit disappointed when it launched, thinking this level of world would only happen in The Sims 4 (Oh how was I wrong). It turns out now that now that TS4 is out, I look back to my dreams and realise that any of my dreams inspired by The Sims and the places I saw can be recreated In TS3 with Create-a-World. That amazing tool really make The Sims 3 endless, in my opinion! If I had the time and skill, I'd recreate the worlds of my dreams, and it would be so fulfilling!

But something I saw yesterday made me extra surprised, and I realized that TS3 expandability is far from over! Once, I dreamed of this beautiful cruise ship, and it had a feeling like my other The Sims dreams. It was wonderful to live and be there! Look at what I found, turns out you can really go to these kinds of places in The Sims 3, because it really is that open and surprising:

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho9_r3_540.gif

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho8_r1_1280.jpg

Look at it you guys! a real cruise ship world for TS3! It has the illusion of moving and everything, and It's huge, with huge lots and of course, it's open world so you can walk around the entire ship! It doesn't even require CC! Like the creator say in the blog, It's a great way to use the traveller nraas mod, and use this cruise in between travelling trough worlds! It can really feel that you are in a vacation travelling the world! It's from here: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/post/161964278040/the-ms-plumbob-dream-is-a-plumbob-class-cruise

It really feels me with joy to see such things in TS3 and to remind me that it's still the ultimate The Sims. All the dreams I've been having are possible on it! Do you guys think TS3 still surprise you? Any favorite stuff That caught your attention?

Comments

• Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    This is awesome @NeonHighways! Thanks for sharing your find! I'll definitely check it out. My family and I love to go on cruises in real life; it would be cool if the sims could too!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    This is so great! Can you also post pictures of the interior?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    This is so great! Can you also post pictures of the interior?

It comes empty and you have to build it yourself, but no doubt someone will create an amazing interior!
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Wow that's really awesome and creative! The endless stories possibilities with this *-*
  • Options
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    Wow that's really awesome and creative! The endless stories possibilities with this *-*
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I downloaded this last night when I saw it, I look forward to having this in my game! It was my original intention to also have a bunch of tiny worlds to travel to so I can experience diversity and still keep a small, simple world that plays well. Haven't quite got around to adding the satellite worlds for my game, this will be the first and I can't wait! It looks very interesting! If anyone else is using this, I would love to see some pictures.
  • Options
    I downloaded this last night when I saw it, I look forward to having this in my game! It was my original intention to also have a bunch of tiny worlds to travel to so I can experience diversity and still keep a small, simple world that plays well. Haven't quite got around to adding the satellite worlds for my game, this will be the first and I can't wait! It looks very interesting! If anyone else is using this, I would love to see some pictures.

I had the same idea, I think this cruise ship will bridge the gap nicely between the smaller worlds! ;)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I'd love to give it a go. I'm so lazy when it comes to placing my own lots... I'll have to wait and see if anyone makes some lots for this world.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Hi there! I'm a simmer since TS1, but since The Sims 2 changed my perception of what playing with little lives in little worlds can look like, I've been having wonderful dreams clearly inspired by The Sims... I dream of residential condominiums and little streeets in the middle of nowhere, of building houses and living among beautiful architecture. The Sims inspired me so much!

Before The Sims 3 launched, or much was known of it, I'd get dreams in anticipation, of this huge open world cities, with beautiful beaches, restaurants, townhouses and beaches that looked more like GTA or second life, or so I thought. I was a bit disappointed when it launched, thinking this level of world would only happen in The Sims 4 (Oh how was I wrong). It turns out now that now that TS4 is out, I look back to my dreams and realise that any of my dreams inspired by The Sims and the places I saw can be recreated In TS3 with Create-a-World. That amazing tool really make The Sims 3 endless, in my opinion! If I had the time and skill, I'd recreate the worlds of my dreams, and it would be so fulfilling!

But something I saw yesterday made me extra surprised, and I realized that TS3 expandability is far from over! Once, I dreamed of this beautiful cruise ship, and it had a feeling like my other The Sims dreams. It was wonderful to live and be there! Look at what I found, turns out you can really go to these kinds of places in The Sims 3, because it really is that open and surprising:

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho9_r3_540.gif

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_orq1poslMg1ta8pmho8_r1_1280.jpg

Look at it you guys! a real cruise ship world for TS3! It has the illusion of moving and everything, and It's huge, with huge lots and of course, it's open world so you can walk around the entire ship! It doesn't even require CC! Like the creator say in the blog, It's a great way to use the traveller nraas mod, and use this cruise in between travelling trough worlds! It can really feel that you are in a vacation travelling the world! It's from here: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.com/post/161964278040/the-ms-plumbob-dream-is-a-plumbob-class-cruise

It really feels me with joy to see such things in TS3 and to remind me that it's still the ultimate The Sims. All the dreams I've been having are possible on it! Do you guys think TS3 still surprise you? Any favorite stuff That caught your attention?

That's just....WOW!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I'd love to give it a go. I'm so lazy when it comes to placing my own lots... I'll have to wait and see if anyone makes some lots for this world.

I'm the same way. I downloaded the world, but haven't installed it yet. I'm wondering what lots I can pull and adapt from other worlds to use on an ocean liner, lol.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi there. I am igazor, your Cruise Director.

And today we will be having marathon C# coding classes in the main ballroom, just off the Lido Deck. Outdoor exercises will be replaced with an Advanced Algebra refresher (Calculus will be available for those who prefer it). Sorry, no buffets or offshore leaves until everyone turns in their assignments. (blows whistle)

See you on board! :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Ugh, remind me never to book a cruise where @igazor is the cruise director. Numbers and I do not mix. Perhaps we could have a basket weaving class instead :tongue:
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    Ugh, remind me never to book a cruise where @igazor is the cruise director. Numbers and I do not mix. Perhaps we could have a basket weaving class instead :tongue:
    Just be sure that you or your travel agent never confuse "Geek Cruise" with "Greek Cruise" and you'll be fine.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Oh no now I can't get this song out of my head :p
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Pary wrote: »
    Just be sure that you or your travel agent never confuse "Geek Cruise" with "Greek Cruise" and you'll be fine.

I'm sure we both know that kind of thing is practically a foregone conclusion :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I can finally trap innocent sims on cruise with my serial killer. This is the best. Thanks for bringing it under my attention :)
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited July 2017
    That is an excellent ship, I love it B)
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    I came across this last week sometime and I've been keeping an eye out to see what it looks like with the lots actually built on it, ut I haven't come across any yet. If you download it please post pics of what you do with it, I'd be really interested to see some in-game shots of it completed :)
  • Options

Oh no now I can't get this song out of my head :p
    Lol, it's days later and I still have that issue :D (brought it on myself :s )(I so loved that show btw, back in my teenage years)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Lol, it's days later and I still have that issue :D (brought it on myself :s )(I so loved that show btw, back in my teenage years)
    I always loved how serious Captain Stubing was throughout everything. I mean I know that working on a cruise ship is hard work and being a captain of anything is meant to be serious, but he really stood out from the rest of the cast because of that. It was as if Captain Kirk's crew had suddenly turned into a bunch of blithering silly people (can't use the word I really want to here) on him. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    It was as if Captain Kirk's crew had suddenly turned into a bunch of blithering silly people (can't use the word I really want to here) on him. :p

You can use the word "sims" on this forum. :p
  • Options
    @TreyNutz - The word I had in mind rhymes with "pour ons," but yeah that works too. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I always loved how serious Captain Stubing was throughout everything. I mean I know that working on a cruise ship is hard work and being a captain of anything is meant to be serious, but he really stood out from the rest of the cast because of that. It was as if Captain Kirk's crew had suddenly turned into a bunch of blithering silly people (can't use the word I really want to here) on him. :p
    Lol, yes, he was an oasis of common sense in a desert of silliness (can't use the proper word either) :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Back on topic, I have a question. Where are other (inactive) passengers going to come from? I wouldn't expect my sims to book the entire ship for a cruise. I'd expect other inactive passengers too.

The suggestion on the blog was to use a resort. I haven't played with resorts much at all. My experience with them is limited to Suvadiva island. When I set that world up I populated it with about 40 residents to serve as other vacationers. There were residential lots for this on Suvadiva. Suvadiva has 2 resorts and I did have my sims stay at both resorts for a few days. Other inactive sims booking rooms at the resort appeared to be other Suvadiva residents. But there weren't many of them so it's hard to say, but I didn't recognize them from other worlds in that game.

Is a resort on this cruise ship world going to bring in inactive sims from other worlds? Or are you going to be relying on tourists to visit? I'm wondering if my sims would be booking the entire ship for the cruise or whether there would be other sims too. From the pictures it doesn't look like there's any residential lots for residents to give the illusion of other sims on the cruise.

Am I missing something?