Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really? Ok......

SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
I just want to start this by saying, congrats to everyone that got the feature they wanted, I know that you guys are really going to enjoy this pack :smile: . Also, please share what you guys think, are you happy Laundry won or did you want more gameplay for a new way of life for your sims? Tell me below :wink:

Now on to a bit of negative, please no fighting, this is just an OPINION and not in any way meant to cause an argument. Below is Iron Seagulls video and I completely agree with what he said. In the new poll for the Stuff Pack, Laundry won with Off The Grid getting second.
I am a bit annoyed by this, not because I don't think laundry is fun, but because I think that people need to take into account replayability.
How many times are you going to do laundry (which will have ONE animation) and then get bored of it? This same thing happened in Sims 3 and I just don't get why people (not everyone, just some people) keep making the same mistakes and then complaining. In sims 3 everyone asked for laundry, then when they got it, the forums filled with people annoyed after the novelty wore off because they just ended up deleting the washer/dryer due to random clothes piles being left everywhere. This didn't bug me, but it bugged A LOT of people.

*Then we finally have the chance to add something brand new thats never been done before that actually expands GAMEPLAY, which is Off The Grid.

*Off the Grid came with a well to get well water, which would come with its own animations just as a washer dryer would, plus a lot trait for those who already do living off the land challenges and want to make it more realistic, plus a Wind Turbine that would affect how your sims get power as they would not have access to regular power, PLUS solar panels. All these things add so much to the GAMEPLAY as living off the grid is an actual LIFESTYLE for your sims and it goes more with an Eco Friendly pack anyway. Laundry is NOT eco friendly actually, not only that, it isn't a lifestyle/gameplay that encorporates a way of life for sims.

*Now compare this with Laundry.....these are the features Washer Dryer (same animations that were in the sims 3 and we already had, you can only put in laundry in so many ways, the animation is going to be the same). A wash tub which it states in the description does the exact same thing as the washing machine....a hamper which is the same as in the sims 3 where the clothes just teleports in there, and a clothes line.....None of this has actual GAMEPLAY mechanics that can be used.

Anyway, again, I am so happy that the people who asked for laundry got it, but sometimes I just don't get this community, we all say we want more GAMEPLAY in the sims 4 and yet we choose something that will add a couple of animations and no real GAMEPLAY. Off The Grid adds not only something NEW, but actual gameplay....where laundry just adds a couple of animations and three objects that basically do the same thing.

Comments

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Happy for people who got laundry if they wanted it, but I voted for off the grid too. Seemed like a cool idea to do different types of stories with. Hopefully it will come in another pack. Especially since it was second.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Happy for people who got laundry if they wanted it, but I voted for off the grid too. Seemed like a cool idea to do different types of stories with. Hopefully it will come in another pack. Especially since it was second.

Yep, same here. Happy for those that really wanted it, but I was really craving new gameplay that this game desperately needs.
  • Options
    TempestTempest Posts: 51 Member
    I agree, I want nee features that I won't get bored of after a week. Bringing back past gameplay features can be exciting (like Toddlers), but they're not going to be fawned over if they add no value to the base game. Off the grid seems more time investing than laundry.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree with your post. Off the grid would have been something new for the series and I think overall it wouldn't do the sims 4 any harm to have some new ideas.

I wanted off the grid to win because of the gameplay aspect, it opened up a lot of possibilities. Washing machine and tumble driers will just add clothes piles to my game and a happy moodlet from wearing clean clothes. I don't want to watch my sims take clothes to the washing machine and the clothes to magically disappear inside of it. Personally that's not my idea of fun but I understand that laundry is a big "want" for people.

For those that do enjoy more domestic things in game like washing and ironing I am happy they are happy. But I won't be buying the stuff pack. I do enough laundry in real life to buy a pack about it.

I'm off to watch Iron Seagulls video.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited June 2017
    I agree.

I think the devs shouldn't have put laundry as part of the eco-living idea in the first voting session. It just didn't make sense to me.

When I saw 'eco-living', the first things that came to my mind were solar panels (solar energy), eco-houses, food composting, etc. I actually took a module in college on Sustainable Design 2 years ago and those were some of the things that we talked about and none of them were laundry. :D Like, come on. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Schantal wrote: »
    Anyway, again, I am so happy that the people who asked for laundry got it, but sometimes I just don't get this community, we all say we want more GAMEPLAY in the sims 4 and yet we choose something that will add a couple of animations and no real GAMEPLAY.
    I feel the same way. Cool the laundry pack won and all, but it's still an absolute pass for me as I have no interest in it. However, I am curious if Off the Grid will be a thing in the future because I'll be snatching that up so fast.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Laundry? Well, that will be another pack I won't be buying. Now that off the grid sounds cool.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2017
    My expectations of the community were low to begin with so I wasn't too disappointed :p
    No offense to the community or anything (love u fam!). I hope they don't do this again though or we might end up with lawn mowers next :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SunsetSimsPrimeSunsetSimsPrime Posts: 77 Member
    What really annoys me is the way EA did this poll. In the very first poll they offered Eco theme which they stated that it included the laundry idea. I feel EA wanted this theme to win the most so they put laundry in the description, even though laundry is not eco friendly. But what really got me annoyed was then this poll. Suddenly a feature that was supposed to be in the eco pack from the beginning was up for voting, on top it there were far better ideas that fitted in far better with the eco friendly idea.

My wish for Sims 4 is they ditch the stuff packs and put more resources onto the gaming and expansion packs more. I'm certain a domestic type of gaming pack with laundry and all other domestic activities included or enhanced would be good. And I think a true eco pack with the other options from the latest poll would also be good.

Anyway these polls have left me feeling conned.

• Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    don't get me wrong, I'm not big on laundry. But it's not like off the grid is all that much better.
    I already knew the pack wasn't going to be interesting after the results of the first vote.
  • Options
    AeyellaAeyella Posts: 26 Member
    who knows. if the talking toilet can have 70+ animations, who's to say laundry can't have as many. lol
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    This is my theory. I'm in the belief we are getting seasons and i'm also in the belief that we will see off the grid come to another pack! Historically we have always gotten seasons ( I know there are some people that claim the engine can't handle it but some people said that about toddlers so..) and I think the things mentioned in off the grid would be PERFECT for seasons. Often we get packs recycled, in a way, through every iteration of the sims.

Seasons in sims 2 was different to sims 3. Even though weather was THE BIG THING in both 2 and 3 there where things that came in one but not the other.

For instance in sims 2 we got plant sims in seasons but we got them in university for 3 and as an event for 4 (hope they expand on that)

We had a wishing well in sims 2 seasons, which came in the lucky palms lot for 3 and romantic garden stuff for 4.

We had water slide in sims 2 seasons which came in island paradise for 3 and backyard stuff for 4.

I feel like the fact that off the grid WAS so popular means that we will likely see it in some forum along with preserve jars in maybe a gameplay pack but more likely seasons. I would have been happy with any of them winning to be honest with you. We had nectar making in previous games as well (even in the original sims if i remember correctly!)

To me Laundry adds that extra realism that allot of simmers crave. And yeah, i would have liked to have seen it just auto added into a pack, but at the end of the day I knew it was going to win, the Guru's probably already knew it was going to win. So to me I feel like this part of the voting was to put out some ideas they had maybe for future features for gamepacks and EP's that they know will be successful. That's just speculation mind you but it doesn't make sense to not take the feedback of the community and use it.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2017
    I wanted laundry but I wanted Off the Grid even more. I am confused. I am happy we'll get laundry but very dissapointed we won't be getting off the grid. I wish I could live this way IRL but sadly that's not possible. I wish my sims could live this way instead so I could make myself satisfied some way.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SonntamSonntam Posts: 25 Member
    I checked the news and there is no announcement about laundry being the winner... did I miss something?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    @Sonntam wrote: »
    I checked the news and there is no announcement about laundry being the winner... did I miss something?

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/920674/stuff-pack-gameplay-feature-vote-results#latest
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'm honestly surprised that people picked Laundry over what would actually fit with an Eco-Living Pack, but hey, the Simmers who picked Laundry want that content just as much as we crave new content.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited June 2017
    I wanted off the grid as well. It would have been nice to have something new instead of revamping previous game content but oh well, I'll save some money I guess.

Hopefully they see the potential new gameplay mechanic Off the grid could be and make this a GP.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    :( can't they just put it all together and make it a game pack? I'd pay if it was all included
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited June 2017
    I wanted laundry but I wanted Off the Grid even more. I am confused. I am happy we'll get laundry but very dissapointed we won't be getting off the grid.

This is basically me.

However, I disagree that laundry has no replayability. Actually, I see the opposite is true. But it annoys me that we had to choose between 3 very cool SP ideas. Each of them would be so much better than every pack we got Prior and when we had no possibility to influence it. This is what bothers me even more.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I was in the group of not minding if laundry came back since I have some families that would use it, then I saw the other options. Though it's okay I'm glad the peeps that wanted it will get it. It would be nice if the other ideas were used in their own little stuff pack or slid in somewhere where they fit though.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    You know what I find annoying, myself I voted for laundry but only because it seems like this option is available in this stuff they're going to make. However, all the other options seemed so nice to have aswell it was hard to vote. Why not include all of this in a Game pack since they all kind of fit together in a bigger theme.

We always have to choose to the point we're missing out on a lot of other gameplay elements. I mean, content wise I feel we have a lot less than S3 and i'm starting to notice that big and fun features are being seperated over so many packs that in the end you spend so much money for one gameplay feature.

So I agree, to a point of thinking this entire stuff pack idea is a mess anyway because it makes me think we might not see all the other features..
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2017
    Off the grid was a way better idea in my opinion, but they made it sound so very limited and boring in the survey, so I went with laundry.
    Here's hoping they release an off the grid game pack one day. Until then I'll be content with laundry.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2017
    I agree. off the grid would have been so much better. The well and the power thing. So cool. But I guess my sims just have to wash their clothes for all eternity now :smiley:
    Oh and Off the grid was the only original, new and unique idea. Everything else is done and old.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    I voted off the grid. Laundry is just... meh.
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Honestly I am just wondering how people will react when the pack itself comes out. The gurus/developers can not be blame as much as people blame them since we as simmers voted. The majority voted on a specific set of things and this is what we get. Yes, it could have gone better with choices, but either way we got our opinions and our voices were heard.