Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Olympus UI and Multiplayer Code in The Sims 4

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Sims 3 is really not that buggier.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Triplis wrote: »
    What's wrong with the current state of the game? I'm not following you on that point.

let's see, random issues:

1. Simulation lag (this is a BIG ONE. IT goes as far as whole saves being unplayable because sims just... Freeze without movement. It's like whole AI gets dropped over time)
    2. musical chairs still present in Dine Out areas
    3. Chefs getting stuck in dine out, not serving food, meaning practically the whole GP is worthless
    4. waterslide is bugged
    5. butler prevents you from entering speed 4
    6. speed 4 not working in most of City Living areas, sometimes speed 3 won't work either
    7. vampires are getting assigned as NPCs and burning to death
    8. vampires randomly dropping by, standing outside and burning to death (want to have a vampire? Whatever you do, don't switch your active household away from them)
    9. singing bug still present
    10. GTW careers having bugged progression goals, impossible to progress without cheating
    11. Get Together clubs resetting points and sometimes even members
    12. adults inviting children on dates (now this just gives really bad vibes to some people that experienced violence in their early lives)

there are many many more. Legitimately every piece of content I buy gets broken a few months in, leaving me unable to use it.

1: Mermaids get the burning moodlet WHILE underwater

2 diving caves have an issue that constantly reset sims

3 isla paradiso has an issue with the way some houses are built and cause lag

4 there is a high chance of crashing whenever mermaids check into resorts

5 Male merman have issues where they will use the swim animation of a mermaid, but have no fin

6 Sims 3 has a lag where the game freezes for a couple seconds, but FX continues to play, most commonly in Isla Paradiso

7 : Mermaids swim EVERYWHERE instead of taking boats, causing them to gain incredible muscle and take forever everywhere

8 Resort Workers have routing failures due to un routable roaches
    9 Fishing becomes glitchy if a house boat has a basement

10 Scuba diving in a houseboat with a basement can also glitch out

I filled out almost your entire list of sims 4 bugs with just a single expansion. I HIGHLY recommend you take a look again @cinrict old bug threads for your rose colored glasses, because sims 3 had a TON of issues.

Um what does the bugs in Sims 3 have to do with the fact that Sims 4 is full of bugs?
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    3PupDLS wrote: »
    What's wrong with the current state of the game? I'm not following you on that point.

1. Simulation lag (this is a BIG ONE. IT goes as far as whole saves being unplayable because sims just... Freeze without movement. It's like whole AI gets dropped over time)
    3. Chefs getting stuck in dine out, not serving food, meaning practically the whole GP is worthless
    4. waterslide is bugged
    6. speed 4 not working in most of City Living areas, sometimes speed 3 won't work either
    8. vampires randomly dropping by, standing outside and burning to death (want to have a vampire? Whatever you do, don't switch your active household away from them)
    10. GTW careers having bugged progression goals, impossible to progress without cheating
    12. adults inviting children on dates (now this just gives really bad vibes to some people that experienced violence in their early lives)

there are many many more. Legitimately every piece of content I buy gets broken a few months in, leaving me unable to use it.

5 Male merman have issues where they will use the swim animation of a mermaid, but have no fin

6 Sims 3 has a lag where the game freezes for a couple seconds, but FX continues to play, most commonly in Isla Paradiso

7 : Mermaids swim EVERYWHERE instead of taking boats, causing them to gain incredible muscle and take forever everywhere

I filled out almost your entire list of sims 4 bugs with just a single expansion. I HIGHLY recommend you take a look again @cinrict old bug threads for your rose colored glasses, because sims 3 had a TON of issues.

Um what does the bugs in Sims 3 have to do with the fact that Sims 4 is full of bugs?

That's what I'm saying. Pointless argument is pointless. Sims 3 being buggy does not excuse Sims 4 being buggy. It was unacceptable then and it's unacceptable now. To compare them is a very pointless deflection.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    3PupDLS wrote: »

4. waterslide is bugged

I believe that line of discussion began with Drake saying something with regards to improvements in the team structure and mirta saying how buggy ts4 and how it isn't an improvement. So zeldaboy pointed out that apparently, ts3 was actually significantly buggier, so ts4 is an improvement in that regard.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited May 2017
    Well it kinda confirms what many of us suspected at the release. I firmly have believed myself with or without any conformation that Ts4 was always the scraps off the cutting room floor that was Olympus. Though I will give the devs some credit, it must have been hard when the decision was made to scrap Olympus and get told .....here make a sims game from what salvageable.

Ts4 still got off easy though at release, sure there was some hate (well actually a lot of hate lol) when it was released but it never got the backlash Mass Effect Andromeda got lol. Bioware and EA basically got their half baked unpolished game thrown back at them and became the laughing stock of the internet the last 2 months past which has now caused them to put it on ice and looks like no further content is coming.