Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think EA will...

Come out with a EP/ SP with weather (Seasons)? I say 'weather' cause I'd like to see rain, thunder storms and such not just snow now and then. It all just doesn't feel right without it. I mean the Legacy Challenge where there's no weather (patterns) nor nothing, just so meh...
Also weather adds new/ more ways for Sims to expire or die.

I'd like to see sims being nailed when walking around out doors during a thunder storm and expire (die)!
And catch a cold when they spend too much time in the pouring rain without an umbrella and/or stay in wet clothing for too long too lol. Since I hear Sims can/do get sick in Sims 4... Haven't seen it myself.

Weather patterns/ Seasons is the one thing for Sims 4 I could/ would get truly excited about getting! Other expansions I only THINK about but would be no 'thinking about' required to see/ have weather patterns/ Seasons in my game!
Hope it wont come with any occult this time though... I'm still very much enjoying my occult-less game play! I got myself burned out on it in Sims 3...
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    There are lost of threads like this in the speculation and rumour forum, I'd suggest you look for people's opinions there.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    When toddlers can fly! LOL :)
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    On a semi-unrelated note; I can't believe you haven't seen sick sims! Mine are always ill! Nice and stripy or swirly, giggly or dazed. Little annoying actually haha..
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    On a semi-unrelated note; I can't believe you haven't seen sick sims! Mine are always ill! Nice and stripy or swirly, giggly or dazed. Little annoying actually haha..

LOL sounds like fun!

JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    Sims can get sick in Sims 4 if you have Get To Work :) All ages can get sick,toddlers included.

As for when Seasons is coming...I don't know. No body really knows. I'm interested to see how they would put seasons into the game though, since the way the worlds are set up is different from previous games. My Sims can live in Willow Creek but go to Oasis Springs,Newcrest,San Myshuno,etc whenever they please. And I can't see Oasis Springs having snow or a lot of rain since it's a desert. So,it'll be interesting to see how they make it all work if we get some sort of seasons or weather pack. Will all the worlds just have the same weather or will it be separate? Only time can tell us.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I soooooooo want Seasons but it's always been relatively late as packs go :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    @KayxxFanpire Well, like I was saying, it's more weather patterns... Good weather 24/7 in sims is dull... Needs some bad weather from time to time. They could leave out snow and seasonal stuff, just idk some hot and cold periods with some not so perfect weather. Some excitement, you know?
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I am looking forward to Pets and seasons....I keep getting these packs with things I only use once or twice, would prefer stuff packs I use the stuff, clothing, and hair in all the packs more than the careers, clubs, and extras that expansion packs bring......the only 2 I ever use is the Vampires and the Toddlers, I don't use the worlds they come with either. WOW that just became a rant....really not what I was going for.
  • Options
    koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    It would be cool to have more varied weather... have a heat wave that could dehydrate your sim... I wonder... :)
  • Options
    koalasims wrote: »
    It would be cool to have more varied weather... have a heat wave that could dehydrate your sim... I wonder... :)

I love the way you think koalasims!
    I honestly don't want that extra outfit to set up; just some weather patterns and a killer heat wave would be a awesome place to start! lol
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I'm hoping they will come out with pets.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited March 2017

Hey at least you have toddlers now! :D

But yes Seasons and weather are always a popular choice. I am waiting for the day when they add fireballs that fall from the sky and scorching everything in their path, a throw back to the old Sim City games! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Pets and seasons are also a popular choice.
  • Options

Hey at least you have toddlers now! :D

But yeas Seasons and weather are always a popular choice. I am waiting for the day when they add fireballs that fall from the sky and scorching everything in their path, a throw back to the old Sim City games! :smiley:

Why can't EA bring back oldie but goodies like that fire ball! I never really played much of any sims before Sims 3 (except a PSP version of Sims 2..) BUT that fire ball thing sounds like oodles of Sim life fun!
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    koalasimskoalasims Posts: 76 Member
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    I love the way you think koalasims!
    I honestly don't want that extra outfit to set up; just some weather patterns and a killer heat wave would be a awesome place to start! lol

Oh man... I definitely don't need another outfit to set up, I spend waaaay too much time in CAS already haha
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    As far as seasons, I want that to be next, then pets. For what all you are wanting, highly doubtful.

I too have hard time believing your sims haven't been sick. Shinya is always contracting the social disease. So much so that I built him a small clinic that he can go so he can go and see the DR when it happens.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Would be cool if they made it so the weather would be different in each town - or could be customized for each town - so you could set it to never snow in oasis springs and more autumny in forgotten hollow. :D
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Definitely want seasons in the sims 4. Really helps with the progression of time, and gives great activities the whole family can do (maybe even toddlers will get some stuff this time since they are a little older and more independent on this game). However, while I think having dangerous weather would be fun (e.g. Thunderstorms which could potentially zap your sims, freezing to death or dehydration) the main focus of seasons should still be the weather and the seasons themselves (spring fall winter summer). I want my sims to make snowman again, have water balloon or snowball fights, play in leaves, get allergies in spring, etc. Also I really hope they add a pool slide and reintroduce timla turno (sims version of Marco Polo) as well as other pool games (maybe pool volleyball). Would fit very well with summer, and would make pools even more fun.

Unlike sims 3 which gave us festivals (which the sims 4 has in city living), the other new gameplay besides weather and seasonal activities should be holidays and events. They could make activities and events based on holidays/seasons. Summer could have a new pool/BBQ party, and maybe add certain community events like a grillathon at the park. Fall of course would have a Halloween like holiday where other sims (kids and toddlers) would come up to your door and ask for candy. You could also send your kids and toddlers trick or treating (and you can select if you want them to go as a group with a chaperone). Not sure how you would visit other people's homes with loading screens unless they just walked up to the door and the other sim opens it and gives you candy (without the game loading the interior of the house). Winter of course would have a gift giving style party, as well as the option to hang stockings and have Santa Claus come. Spring could have a Easter party where sims decorate eggs, etc.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Seasonal activities might take on a new theme. Instead of things like fall, winter etc. How about Windy Season? Which technically would be late winter, early spring. Kite flying, yard work etc. Parasailing, Got to keep those lawns clean when windy season happens due to neighbor's trash blew over on your yard, lol, and other spring, but windy season ideas would have to be in there. Seeds blow around from the hoods and you may wind up with nice wild flowers or many weeds...ROFL.

Sunny season, not necessarily without rain. But hot rays, sunburns, Sims passing out from heat, wilted flowers and plants more often needing more gardening and watering and maybe special fertilizers. Not necessarily 'summer' but much, much hotter, needing a workable a/c system (expensive) or the old standard fans...which wouldn't cool down the houses all that much. Sims choosing to stand in front of fridge with door open to cool off, or if you have a pool, choosing to stay in it all the time, (you will long for colder season) and fanning themselves with fans or their hands.

Cold Season, literally, really cold, need to turn on fireplaces because the houses are so cold, or buy a furnace or add upgrade to house of central heat. Sims fighting over turning it up autonomously or turning it down. Always arguing about if it's warm enough inside. lol Risk of death if the house doesn't have any heat at all. Brutally cold outside. During this time more often to get sick with flu and colds. Trips to the hospital might work in this sort of 'seasonal' EP.

Fall season...does that mean more leaves in this type of EP I have in mind? Maybe, but more likely to get injured during 'fall' season. LOL
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Sims can get sick in Sims 4 if you have Get To Work :) All ages can get sick,toddlers included.

As for when Seasons is coming...I don't know. No body really knows. I'm interested to see how they would put seasons into the game though, since the way the worlds are set up is different from previous games. My Sims can live in Willow Creek but go to Oasis Springs,Newcrest,San Myshuno,etc whenever they please. And I can't see Oasis Springs having snow or a lot of rain since it's a desert. So,it'll be interesting to see how they make it all work if we get some sort of seasons or weather pack. Will all the worlds just have the same weather or will it be separate? Only time can tell us.

Maybe different worlds will have different weather patterns, some with more or less rain/thunder storms, some with more or less snow, etc. Maybe some worlds could get exclusive weather, like maybe a dust storm in Oasis Springs, or some really weird weather type on Sixam.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm curious to see how they handle Seasons for TS4 as well since the neighborhoods are structured similarly to TS2 but have a limited amount of opens like TS3. I think Seasons were done beautifully for 2 and 3. I was probably more excited for 3 to have seasons because of the open world and it just overall felt great not to have sunny weather every day. I do want temperatures to still be a thing. It's weird but I like the idea that it can be too hot or too cold for my sims sometimes. Also one thing that I do ask is that we get greenhouses back. I never understood why they were needed or requested so much but I realized that my sims' gardens would go dormant during the winter and my sims rely on that income.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I think we will get seasons. Not sure how it would be like in S4. I would hope that they kick it up a notch. Make it not so much recycled, but add some cool disasters to it!
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Next year or never.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    We'll get seasons within a year I'd guess. I'm with you on just wanting weather patterns though. I've always thought a basic weather system (rain, clouds, etc) should eventually be in a base game. I'm fine if snow and leaves turning come later but basic weather should really be from the beginning!

I will keep hoping. Pets is likely next but I sincerely hope Seasons comes along as the next EP after that