Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Opinions on the Sims 4 Malcolm Landgraab

For some time now I have seen Malcolm round town, I don't know if it's the outfit or just the walk style EA gave to him, but I get the impression he in this one was/ is made to be openly gay. Not a put down, nothing wrong with being unique, but just observing him I get the impression is all.
But maybe it's just my opinion of Malcolm... I mention it because it is/ was something I wouldn't expect but I can't get passed this assumption. I don't think he was made to be but watching him I think he appears to be lol. It's funny.
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    In my save he's a snooty Sim but (at the moment) hetero (unlike half his gang of mean kids), and dating a favorite female Sim of mine. His estranged brother is now Joni Zest, though. It just seemed... right.

It's funny how we can end up "reading" the same premades differently! Like, I know a lot of people turned the Goths into Vampires, but for me they're wannabes.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @luthienrising I think of the Goths as just that, a family that loves the color black, depression and vampire concepts. Well, that's the idea I get from the 'goth' concept though I admit I know not a thing about it lol... I see vampires being more an aggressive type, not the Goth group. But just my own opinion..
    Oh, and I believe goths by nature are vamp wannabe kind of group.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I wonder what Nancy would think about her son being gay?

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I can't think of any women I want to pair him up with. Maybe I'll pair him with a guy.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I have this same theory about Diego Lobo.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    He's one of my favorite sims in Sims 4 but I've yet to actually play him.

I see the Goth's more along the lines of the Adams Family (which they are clearly patterned after) Gothy and at sometimes over-the-top but not vampires or vampire wannabes. They're also Old Money and (despite Bella coming from pretty much No Money which probably would have caused issues with dear ol' Cornelia and Gunther if they had been younger and/or still alive at the time of their marriage) look down on the New Money folks like the Landgraabs (and the same in reverse naturally lol). Oh they're nice to their faces of course and when they run into each other at functions but there is quite a bit of gossiping and sniping in the respective camps (I think Morty and Geoffrey would probably get along all right if they could just talk about golf and things like that but Nancy and Bella HATE each other). And when the whole thing with Johnny went down you can bet it was like Christmas Morning in the Goth household when they found out.

At some point when I'm more in a mood to set things up and play with relationships I plan to do a Legacy with Mal and Cassandra as the founders with all the family background drama to go along with it lol.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Weren't Malcolm, Bella, and Mortimer in grade school TOGETHER when they lived in Sunset Valley? Mortimer is the same age as Geoffrey Landgraab now, but Malcolm hasn't grown up hardly any (only up to teen). It makes me wonder if Nancy Landgraab has been feeding (something) to Malcolm to keep him young. Is Nancy too scared to become a grandmother, and she's trying to keep Malcolm as her "little boy"?

Oh, wait - you were talking about that OTHER thing. Nah - Malcolm isn't gay. He just has the "snooty walk" style. :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Well Sims 4 is supposed to be set in a different reality then Sims 3 was but I can totally see Nancy doing stuff like that. She is in the Criminal Career after all. If we ever get witches I'd probably make her into one first.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    Weren't Malcolm, Bella, and Mortimer in grade school TOGETHER when they lived in Sunset Valley? Mortimer is the same age as Geoffrey Landgraab now, but Malcolm hasn't grown up hardly any (only up to teen). It makes me wonder if Nancy Landgraab has been feeding (something) to Malcolm to keep him young. Is Nancy too scared to become a grandmother, and she's trying to keep Malcolm as her "little boy"?

Oh, wait - you were talking about that OTHER thing. Nah - Malcolm isn't gay. He just has the "snooty walk" style. :wink:
    The Sims 3 world in Sunset Valley could be compared to canon to filter a parallel universe. The Calientes don't exist in Sunset Valley, but the Altos don't exist in Oasis Springs or Willows Creek. (I know this is hard is to ponder because I myself really started the Sims, with the Sims 3, but everything included the story doesn't exist in the real Sim World).
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    No, I don't think he's gay. In fact I tried to get him up with one of my male sims in my first hours of Sims 4 and he'd kept turning him down. :unamused:

But he did end up nicely with one of my evil girl sims and they do have beautiful children. And I found a better match for my gay sim. Just took me forever trying to find a good match for Malcolm.

Diego Lobo, on the other hand, I feel is like 99999999999999% is gay. Had him marry an alien male sim and they have beautiful blonde blue-skinned twin girls together. Cuz alien anatomy.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    He's one of the sims I would pair mine up with, but unfortunately he has negative traits that I don't want to deal with in my household/s. The same issues that most of the single male townies have...too many negative traits.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    Kilov17 wrote: »
    For some time now I have seen Malcolm round town, I don't know if it's the outfit or just the walk style EA gave to him, but I get the impression he in this one was/ is made to be openly gay. Not a put down, nothing wrong with being unique, but just observing him I get the impression is all.
    But maybe it's just my opinion of Malcolm... I mention it because it is/ was something I wouldn't expect but I can't get passed this assumption. I don't think he was made to be but watching him I think he appears to be lol. It's funny.

I'm going to agree with you. Malcolm makes me think he is a very flamboyant gay guy. It's the walk. I wouldn't call that walk 'snooty' but very flamboyant and overtop feminine. His clothes don't even match who he was in TS2. He was a teen in the same clothes, in my game who was the waiter at one of my restaurants. If he had been in black tie coat and tails it might make sense to me...but he was still wearing everyday outfit.

In TS2 he is supposed to be a suave business millionaire who has a spoofy pool in his house, bar, and maybe a little bit Bond type character who likes the good life, and expensive things owns a bar and several other businesses, he was supposed to be very chic...don't know how he went from that character to the other end of scale with a dad who is into checked shirts and made his son more a country bumpin' who walks funny. Point> the character went from a Bond type Sim (in TS2) who has a fancy mansion, with a really cool pool in his living room, who owns all sorts of cool places, is rich, to what we see in TS4...it doesn't make sense at all, his parents or him.

ETA: Another critique of Malcolm in this game, the skin color isn't even right. Malcolm has a tanner color like he just came back from a sunny beach vacation in TS2. And the hair style for this Malcolm is all wrong..I could go on all day long...but it bugs me when they don't remember who some of the characters were, and what they looked like.

And biggest error of all...the nose on this Malcolm is all wrong. :s Don't even get me started on the disaster of Nina and Dina in this game...totally wrong character building with them, too...
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sims4DisneyStuffSims4DisneyStuff Posts: 143 Member
    I love the inclusion of the pre-made sims.

It's sad though because the new pre-mades don't grab my attention like the previous sims instalments. I loved Pleasantview in TS2, it was like a huge TV soap opera!
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Kilov17 wrote: »

I'm going to agree with you. Malcolm makes me think he is a very flamboyant gay guy. It's the walk. I wouldn't call that walk 'snooty' but very flamboyant and overtop feminine. His clothes don't even match who he was in TS2. He was a teen in the same clothes, in my game who was the waiter at one of my restaurants. If he had been in black tie coat and tails it might make sense to me...but he was still wearing everyday outfit.

In TS2 he is supposed to be a suave business millionaire who has a spoofy pool in his house, bar, and maybe a little bit Bond type character who likes the good life, and expensive things owns a bar and several other businesses, he was supposed to be very chic...don't know how he went from that character to the other end of scale with a dad who is into checked shirts and made his son more a country bumpin' who walks funny. Point> the character went from a Bond type Sim (in TS2) who has a fancy mansion, with a really cool pool in his living room, who owns all sorts of cool places, is rich, to what we see in TS4...it doesn't make sense at all, his parents or him.

ETA: Another critique of Malcolm in this game, the skin color isn't even right. Malcolm has a tanner color like he just came back from a sunny beach vacation in TS2. And the hair style for this Malcolm is all wrong..I could go on all day long...but it bugs me when they don't remember who some of the characters were, and what they looked like.

And biggest error of all...the nose on this Malcolm is all wrong. :s Don't even get me started on the disaster of Nina and Dina in this game...totally wrong character building with them, too...

I thought Malcolm in TS2 was supposed to be a completely different Malcolm than the one in 4?
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I had sims before who had same sex love interests, but not Malcolm so far.
    In one of my saves, Malcolm found his own (female) match. I had aging on and his parents were dead and he was all alone in that big mansion. I rarely play premades, but I decided on having him start a family. When I started playing him, he had two love interests. I tried a date with one of them - a random female townie - and they did not get along at all. The other interest was Ulrike Faust (Windenburg premade). They are very different personality-wise but get along incredibly well. The last time I played them they had two sons.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I tried to pair my legacy founder up with Malcolm, and he just wouldn't have it. They hung out at a festival and Lily ran into Caleb Vatore when he was working a food stall and they just started talking on their own and hit it off. Wasn't the story I had originally had in mind for her, but I like that she sort of chose her own path. I think Malcolm would've cooperated if it wasn't for his negative traits. She's been married for quite a while now and has 5 kids and now Malcolm keeps trying to ask her out on dates! lol
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    @Aeriexo11 - For a second I read Lily as Lilith and though I was going to have break some bad news to you :) .

As for Malcolm, he's different in this edition. I usually edit him to give him the swagger or normal walk and treat him as a generally thoughtless rich boy that looks at others as his playthings and doesn't really mind if they break (which seems to be what his clothing/traits suggest - it occurs to me that he's basically the player or at least a certain kind of player). I've never really felt that walk works for any sim and I don't use it.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    I never interpreted Malcolm as gay in my game, maybe because I believe that he will be disowned immediately by his horrible mother and his cowardly father. He usually gets married to either Summer Holiday or Elsa Bjergsen and has a son, Malcolm II. I have to agree he was such a different character in the Sims 2 though, not snobby at all, more of a smooth talking and ruthless entrepreneur. Dina Caliente completely destroyed him in my game, she took his house, his children and his businesses, leaving him to live out his days in a crappy apartment. Good times, good times.

Diego Lobo, yeah pretty sure he's gay. He is in a very happy partnership with Gunther Munch at the moment.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    One of my early sims married him and they had one daughter. I really like Malcolm. I use a lot of walk styles on my sims, so his blends in. The feminine walk on a male sim often makes me think they're gay, but snobby walk not so much. I still haven't had time to play Malcolm in a new save and I have no plans what will happen when I do. To analyze his preferences I personally think he is bi.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I also had Diego marry a male alien. He seems gay to me. I also gave Diego a twin brother who married Munch woman. It works, because the brother looks like Wolfgang Munch. Very nice addition to that family.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Tl:dr - Malcolm Landgraab's history.

Malcolm is pretty much different in each game he has been in, TS3 and TS4 are pretty much the two times he has been consistent. The main connection is that they are all old money greedy property developers.

For example, the earliest version is in SimCity 3000, where he wears glasses and has black hair and is representative of Landgraab Enterprises, a housebuilder that functions ingame as the residential counterpart of Prunella Penny's Chamber of Commerce.

He does not appear in TS1 (though the family is referenced in building and object descriptions). However, he does appear in the two console versions of that generation. In The Sims he rents you one of his houses (which his children Mimi or Dudley burned down), then you move in with one of the kids, then he leases you one of his nicer homes, he then marries your mother and leaves you his mansion.

In Bustin' Out, he does a whole 180 and divorces your mother and starts repossessing objects from the entire town, including his kids, the military, and the Goths (who apparently live in a 70s Hammer Horror Film - the whole game has a 70s/80s vibe). Anyway, as you progress through various careers and help the town, they help you get revenge on him (highlights include unleashing a robot on him, and the Goths teaching you a symphasiser song which compels him to strip at a nudist colony, which local law enforcement does not appreciate. Anyway, your mother chases him out of his mansion and you move in, and when you complete a career, you see a cinematic of him sneaking on to your yacht and suffers a fate related to your career (for example the Movie Star career results him being trampled by your fans at a red carpet event, and the science career has him being attacked by a man eating plant the Goths breed in their greenhouse).

Anyway, he makes his first main weries appearance in OFB as a blond, tanned entrepeneur and irritatingly has a IV at the end of his named (which cannot be altered in game outside of marriage), who, if I recall, was raised by his grandfather and is currently single and childless (however, there is a reference to Mimi Landgraab from the console games in a fast food career chance card).

The 3 and 4 version is the current one we all know and maybe love, the blond skinny rich boy whose pedigree name is earned from his mother.

As you can see, there is no definitive Malcolm (and the family is impossible to map - sims.wikia has two versions which they think could fit.
  • Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    Malcolm in TS3 had the good trait, in TS4 he's evil, they aren't the same person: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_universe
  • Options
    geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    No, No self-respecting gay man would go out with him :)
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    To me he just seems to be a very stuck up sim. It fits him. :)