Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @Cathytea - after a little rework - here is Newt's Letter to Norman...It's a little long. A lot has happened!

Sneak peak
    2P6t7Tg.jpg
    378X5K4.jpg

That's such a great letter, @AudreyFld . Now I feel really guilty that Norm went off like that! I'm sure he'll feel guilty and awkward, too. But hey... what's a little vulnerability between friends? That's what friendship is for! :) And I really think that it's good for Norm not to hide his feelings or be fake... AND I think he learned a very good lesson, too. Think it through first, and then communicate, rather than just spilling it all out in the letter as it comes!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited September 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Cathytea - after a little rework - here is Newt's Letter to Norman...It's a little long. A lot has happened!

Sneak peak
    2P6t7Tg.jpg
    378X5K4.jpg

That's such a great letter, @AudreyFld . Now I feel really guilty that Norm went off like that! I'm sure he'll feel guilty and awkward, too. But hey... what's a little vulnerability between friends? That's what friendship is for! :) And I really think that it's good for Norm not to hide his feelings or be fake... AND I think he learned a very good lesson, too. Think it through first, and then communicate, rather than just spilling it all out in the letter as it comes!

norm got mad at newt?

this morning he was new norman a lot changes in 13 hours.
  • Options

Sneak peak
    2P6t7Tg.jpg
    378X5K4.jpg

norm got mad at newt?

He was mad this morning... he was Ne(w)utronic Norman.

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Sneak peak
    2P6t7Tg.jpg
    378X5K4.jpg

norm got mad at newt?

He was mad this morning... he was Ne(w)utronic Norman.

i think i did that at work today. no yelling but i was tired and hungry and all i said was again after i was asked to deliver food. i was struggling to catch the dishes up. but i think the fill in manager didn't like the way it sounded. i really wish she could work nights so i'd be gone already.

i'm whiny now but norman started it.lol.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

Sneak peak
    2P6t7Tg.jpg
    378X5K4.jpg

Noooo! That was great! It was raw and honest. That's what Newt needs. He needs to be reminded that he has hurt a LOT of people, not just Kaitlin. He doesn't need to be coddled. And Newt was honest right back.
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @cecerose0208 as promised, here is Sienna-Daniella 6! I hope you enjoy :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @CathyTea I got Tad's response to Gee-Jay done! It's here.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Wow, there is so much content here. I barely know where to begin!

I've been reading the home page, some profiles, and how the pen pal project works and I'm quite intrigued. I intend to read a bit more and dive into some of your letters to get a broader idea of what you writers do.

I'd love to incorporate something like this into one of my legacies... I can dive into more detail here if anyone is interested!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @Cement

I should get started on Mel's letter to Niels soon. Let's just say he asks quite the interesting questions. It's not just Mel needing to think up answers for him, but me trying to think up answers too! :D
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    Karilan wrote: »
    Wow, there is so much content here. I barely know where to begin!

I've been reading the home page, some profiles, and how the pen pal project works and I'm quite intrigued. I intend to read a bit more and dive into some of your letters to get a broader idea of what you writers do.

I'd love to incorporate something like this into one of my legacies... I can dive into more detail here if anyone is interested!

We'd love to have you join us, @Karilan ! It's super fun and a great way to explore characters more in depth!

• Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Karilan I second what @CathyTea said! This is such a fun project to be a part of.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @rednenemon hahaha woopsie :joy: I'll look forward to reading her reply!
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @Cement

I should get started on Mel's letter to Niels soon. Let's just say he asks quite the interesting questions. It's not just Mel needing to think up answers for him, but me trying to think up answers too! :D

I can't imagine! @cement asking a LOT of interesting questions! :joy:
  • Options
    Thanks @CathyTea and @ny275
    Should I post my idea here first or go create a profile? I have a fairly specific idea for one story so would need to find someone who is interested
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Thanks @CathyTea and @ny275
    Should I post my idea here first or go create a profile? I have a fairly specific idea for one story so would need to find someone who is interested

Either or both would work fine! Feel free to use spoilers, if needed!

• Options
    Hey @CathyTea is there somewhere I can find the blank profile template (I think I'm blind) or shall I copy it from someone else's profile?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Hey @CathyTea is there somewhere I can find the blank profile template (I think I'm blind) or shall I copy it from someone else's profile?

Just copy from someone's. Jasper and Meadow use the original template, and then some have been edited a bit--it's fine to change as needed/desired! :)

• Options
    Thanks Cathy! I realized it'll be hard to fill out the profile right now, so I'll post some details here first. Thanks for the spoiler tag recommendation!

Spoiler free details:
    I'd love for one of Brooke Grace's children to have a pen pal when they reach adulthood.
    I update the story 4 times a week and would love to dedicate one entry a week to a pen pal letter. I don't go by any specific time line but would probably need a fairly infrequent pen pal in the Simming time line (for example having a sim year pass each week/letter). Time jumps can be coordinated as well. I don't mind eluding to the Sim's ages to offer some room for discrepancy (although this gets more difficult once children are born).
    Reading my legacy isn't necessary, and it could be more fun to meet and learn about my Sim's life exclusively through letters.

Spoiler limited details:
    Because of the random nature of this game-drive story, I'm not entirely sure when their book would start, or which Sim you'd be writing to! The heir is voted for by the community. (I can share some spoiler info in private if you are interested in the possibilities)
    This will likely start late October and last at least 2 months, but I'm happy to extend the generation to accommodate more letters. I'd like to aim for at least 8 letters from each of us, 16 total. I'm open to the idea of starting the letters in teenage year, but it would be a bit complicated at first.
    My legacy book "ends" when the next generation's heir becomes an adult, but I'd love to continue writing letters into my Sim's senior years outside of their usual book.
    I do tend to play and write far ahead of my posting schedule, so once the heir is voted on we can exchange letters ahead of the posting schedule at a faster pace if you'd like so that there is no pressure every week to get a letter out.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    kkira555kkira555 Posts: 102 Member
    @Cement so sorry about taking so long for Nova to respond to Neils I have been a bit busy.

https://kkssimestories.wordpress.com/letters/family/
  • Options
    Okay it's definitely looking like late October for me to get involved in this project. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have an exact date.

If this is too short notice, I'd love to involve this pen pal idea in a future generation. :smiley:
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    Okay it's definitely looking like late October for me to get involved in this project. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have an exact date.

If this is too short notice, I'd love to involve this pen pal idea in a future generation. :smiley:

Definitely not too short notice! :) We've usually had people start the day they sign up! LOL! So, you'll want to check back now and then to be sure to find a match!

• Options

Definitely not too short notice! :) We've usually had people start the day they sign up! LOL! So, you'll want to check back now and then to be sure to find a match!

Thanks Cathy, and I hope so! I feel bad that I can't quite fill our a profile yet since I'm not sure which child will be heir.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
  • Options
    AllieMacAllieMac Posts: 925 Member
    Hi y'all!!

I've been busy setting into another year of homeschooling my daughter. We're finally settling into our groove (being a junior is rough hehe), so I'm hoping to be able to get back to Dace and Dusk's story. I've almost finished playing Dace's portion of the Drifter challenge, once I meet all the parameters, I plan to sit down to write the rest of his story before posting any more chapters. In the meantime...

Dace Writes Back

Dear Dusk,

Where do I even begin? I was so relieved when I finally received your letters. Yes, I did write “letters“. Apparently there was some kind of mix up. Grimm hasn’t delivered anything to me in quite some time. Last night I went out dancing and saw my parents at the club. My dad had three letters from you that Grimm asked him to pass on to me.

Dace has some big news for Dusk in... 13. Dace Writes Back

If you'd like to learn more about Dace or his ancestors, their stories can be found under the "Rambler" tab, or consider going back to the VERY beginning at start with the Drifters.

Hope everyone is having fun and welcome to the group @Karilan!
    OriginID: txalikat2
    Drifter Challenge Blog: https://alliemacsims.wordpress.com/
    7dQ4hDJ.jpg?1
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    kkira555 wrote: »
    @Cement so sorry about taking so long for Nova to respond to Neils I have been a bit busy.

https://kkssimestories.wordpress.com/letters/family/

It's all good! I've been pretty busy myself too.
    I wrote out a reply, but I don't know when I'll be able to take screenshots for it :joy:
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Finally, a reply to Edith!
    41tidg8.jpg