Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-Release Challenge! Living the Vampire Life

Hello, fellow Simmers! I know I'm not the only one excited for the addition of Vampires to TS4, so I thought I would share this pre-release challenge that I put together!

Your goal is to live and learn about the mysterious Vampires, hoping one day to become them. You will embrace life of a vampire, even though you aren’t one yourself.

The challenge is over when one of the Sims in your household becomes a Vampire! There are two different playstyles for this challenge. Enjoy!

General Rules:
  • Your Sim cannot leave the house or lot during daytime, except for school or work. (This means all activities done during the day MUST be indoors.)
  • Your Sim must embrace the night by sleeping during the day as much as possible.
  • Child Sims are exempt from the above rules and must age normally into teenagers.
  • You may not use cheats other than to reset Sims or troubleshoot problems.
  • You have to follow these rules in addition to the rules of the playstyle you choose.

There are two playstyles for this Pre-Release challenge, Immortality Expert and Dark Lineage. Choose only one!

Immortality Expert:
With this playstyle, your Sim will work to become the closest thing to a Vampire as he/she possibly can. The goal is to achieve immortality through Cowplants until you can be transformed into a Vampire.
  • Your starting Sim(s) must never age up. If they do, you lose the challenge!
  • Anyone who joins the household must either be sacrificed to the Cowplant or adopt immortality and never age up.
  • All Sims born or adopted into the household must age normally until they are Young Adults, at which point they must adopt immortality or be fed to the Cowplant.
  • You may have multiple Cowplants.
  • If your starting Sim(s) die, you lose the challenge!

Dark Lineage:
In this playstyle, your Sim will focus on passing his/her knowledge of vampires down the family line. The goal is to adhere to the general rules and Dark Lineage rules through multiple generations as the family grows in wealth and power, until a family member is transformed into a Vampire. *This playstyle is very similar to a Legacy Challenge. You could easily tie this into a Legacy Challenge while following the extra rules listed for this challenge!*
  • All Sims must age up normally. You cannot use essences of life, ambrosia, or the death flower to ensure successfully saving a family member.
  • All Sims born into the household must remain in the household until they die. If you do not wish for a child to remain in the household, they must be moved out once they become teenagers.
  • Any Sims moved out of the household may never be brought back into the household.
  • You may only add Sims to the household who are (or will become) spouses, or are children or babies adopted into the family.
  • If the household dies out, you lose the challenge!
  • You may not delete headstones/urns or release spirits to the netherworld. You can make a graveyard lot (use the generic community lot type), where family headstones/urns can be kept.

Getting Started:
  • Start by creating one or two Sims, at any age other than Child. You may create one child, as long as he/she is related to an older Sim also in your starting household.
  • Please note that if you are playing the Immortality Expert line, the Sims you make now must never age up!
  • You are free to make your starting Sim(s) however you want. If you start with two Sims, they can be any relation that you see fit.
  • Move your starting Sim(s) into an empty lot (or bulldoze a lot for them).
  • Open the cheat bar (ctrl+shift-c) and type in: testingcheats on. Then type: money 5000 and testingcheats off.
  • You have $5,000 to build your house! It’s not meant to be easy, but I was able to build a good-looking house with only base game content that serves every need, has a full kitchen, and a double bed… with $71 left over! It's even easier if you have City Living. For some reason my game thinks the house I built has custom content in it (which it doesn’t), so you’ll have to turn custom content on if you want to download it!
  • You can share your houses and Vampire-loving Sims on the gallery, under #vampirelife!

Optional Rules:
These rules are totally optional, you can follow any number of them that you want to--or follow none at all! They are intended to spice up gameplay a little bit.
  1. When first starting, set your funds to 0. Your Sim is allowed to be on community lots during the daytime until you have at least 25 tiles of interior space on your home lot.
  2. Only Sims who are born with the same eye color as the starting Sim can remain in the household (excluding spouses). If you started with two Sims, choose one of their eye colors. If these two Sims are meant to reproduce with each other, they cannot have the same eye color! Changing a Sim’s eye color doesn’t count!
  3. All Sims who remain in the household past childhood must bear the same tattoo. You have to add the tattoo to teens after they age up by using the “Change Sim” option on dressers or mirrors.
  4. Each time you are prompted to choose a trait/aspiration, you must pick it randomly. Optionally, you can choose one trait from your starting Sims’ traits and only keep Sims born/adopted into the household if they have this trait. Think of it as a “family” trait.
  5. Create your starting Sim(s) based around one of the five “What Kind of Vampire are You?” quiz results! The results are listed below.
  • Vampire Heartthrob: As the Casanova of Vampires, your charming wits and good looks excite romantic feelings in all those around you. People find you strangely alluring, as they find themselves inexplicably drawn to you.
  • Creepy Vampire: You are probably not welcome in most social situations. You like to hide in the shadows, have an obsession with sneaking into people’s homes, and probably could use a hug.
  • Rebellious Vampire: With a raging fire that burns inside, you love a good fight. You hate authority and love the freedom that comes with refusing allegiance to anyone. Have you tried yoga?
  • Noble Vampire: You may be accustomed to the finer things in life, but coming from an old-world, you are a bit out of touch with society (with hoarding tendencies). Watching a little modern-day TV might be good for you.
  • Moral Vampire: You might be a Vampire, but you certainly aren't embracing it. Sticking to your roots, you respect life and prefer to blend in with the human world around you (instead of treating it as a buffet).

Thanks for reading! Feel free to share your stories/screenshots in the comments below. If I missed anything, please let me know!
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!