Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does The Sims 4 have enough lots?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    No it does not, and an easy fix would be to let us duplicate worlds and call them w/e we want. Then I could have more than one destination place or two deserts or w/e I want.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,084 Member
    Just gonna say that more lots in a world means your world takes more loading time.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Just gonna say that more lots in a world means your world takes more loading time.

Well it shouldn't, considering that the game doesn't load all lots at once.
    raw
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2017
    Loanet wrote: »
    Depends on the system specs each system is composed of. Not everyone is going to have long loading times. Also Imho, EA/Maxis has took advantage of technology that is afforded to them. By not doing so it appears to me that it was of being afraid to go outside the box. Now granted EA/Maxis wanted those with low end systems to have a good time but at the same time it neglected those that have specs that could handled the job by allowing systems to scale up or down depending on the specs as it done in other programs. I am glad that some developers prime their programs instead of catering to one group. If you do not have the specs we will not wait for you and they just drive on. MS is doing it with their OS and I am happy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,598 Member
    Don't think I've been really disappointed with lot sizes. Any bigger sized lots I tend to use for certain venues and what not (like parks).

I really don't have a lot of sims that have big fancy mansions. XD I would like EA to give us another empty world and possibly make a lot more lots on much like the size of Windenburg just with more variety. Unfortunately, City Living was very limited with lot spaces since it revolved around apartment and penthouses.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited May 2017
    The Sims game which is the first game has 10 Neighborhoods not just 1 in case none new that, and No I do not think that the Sims 4 has enough Lots at all, they need a lot more of them.
    P.S. I am waiting for More Lots, since All My Lots are full with mostly My Own Creations. :)
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    Willow Creek frustrates me. I wish those 3 commercial lots on the bottom right end (past the library) were activated. They'd be perfect for a restaurant or coffeehouse but they're too small to be a bowling alley venue.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    It doesn't have enough. I usually make tons of families that I place on lots/play homes for. But the space is so limited, These families that just sit in my library because there's no where to put them.
    I only play 1 household now, it's a bummer.
    At least I can see all my homeless sims walking around occasionally.
  • Options
    leigheleighe Posts: 58 Member
    No and there are too many small lots.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,084 Member
    We don't need less small lots, but we do need a few more big lots; like at least one 64x64 per area to make beautiful mansions and gardens in.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    Need more lots, I need more lots, I would be happy to get maybe two more worlds for now, some of my saves have an insane amount of households, I just added too many sims... but I like them too much to not have them. I tend to play with larger households, 4+ usually 6 a household 8 after children are born.... I tend to start with at least two teens since I like the freedom of not having a job... I found 20x15 is too small for larger families, and 30x20 is barely okay, I want more 30x30 and 30x40 and 20x40 lots also some m ore larger lots also. I need more lots so I don't end up kicking out all non-played sims, some premade sims I like to keep around they are different from my sims. I almost thought about kicking the Landgraabs to a smaller lot so I could take their lot, that's sad, but what could I do when I don't want to lose any premade parks.... I probably kicked out at least 4 different premade families when the world got too small the first time I used up almost every lot I could afford. Since I don't like the desert, many premades got moved out to oasis springs sand lands in one save, the only lots in oasis spring I even like to use have a fair amount of greenery around and on the lots....

I would like another world like willow creek but more city like with lots of greenery; I prefer to have grass, trees, flowers and small gardens around, but at the same time a city....

I realized a few of my saves were unbalanced because I made either too many females or too many males and had to add households to balance out the game because for some unknown reason the game keep making too many undesirable sims and I don't want to mix them with my sims. I don't like evil sims but I've made evil sims more than once but keep them far away form my normal households, I don't even make mean, hot-headed, Hates children, glutton, lazy or slob, noncommittal, these sims are considered undesirable sims and avoided as potential marriage partners, especially since they ruin household harmony.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally, I don't feel there are enough lots in TS4...
    I really enjoy building my own town from scratch. That's why I was super thankful when EA patched in Newcrest. However, after all of this time I've pretty much perfected to what I feel it should be as a town and now I wish that we had another blank canvas to make our own.

Since they had to reuse a lot of Willow Creek resources to create Newcrest, I would love to see them do the same with items from Oasis Springs to patch in another blank world similarly, but have this one feel like an extension of Oasis Springs instead. :)
  • Options
    StormIVXStormIVX Posts: 12 New Member
    I ran out of lots to place Sims months ago.
    That's one of my hugest gripes in TS4, not enough room, small neighborhoods and lack of lots.
    Man do I miss CAW.