Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4 CHALLENGE LIST (Updated May 24, 2021)

1525354555658...Next

Comments

• Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    @bubblegumsky272 you beat me to the punch! I've been kicking around the idea of an "I'm Surrounded by Infants" challenge where you have to raise children to adulthood without ever controlling them.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Here’s a challenge found on Tumblr, the creator appears to no longer be in the community as their tumblr and their Twitter are deactivated. Someone mentioned it on Twitter and I was able to track down the rules:
    https://www.tumblr.com/sims-4-challenges-ideas/643445488238067712/the-sims-4-stereotypes-legacy-challenge
  • Options
    FreedomWantFreedomWant Posts: 49 Member
    New challenge-The Breakfast Club Legacy Challenge, based on high school cliches. https://www.tumblr.com/freedomwant/718944847636103168/the-breakfast-club-legacy-challenge?source=share
  • Options
    GigglesomeGigglesome Posts: 3 New Member
    I currently have two challenges up on my blog site

The first is story-driven legacy (13gens) https://mygracefamily.com/celtic-zodiac-challenge/

The other is a goal-orientated legacy (10gens) https://mygracefamily.com/the-life-fulfilment-legacy/

Currently working on a third and will post when complete.

Thanks for the support. An amazing list of challenges.
  • Options
    Lady LlewellynLady Llewellyn Posts: 265 Member
    I have a new survival challenge I created!

The Apocalyptic Terrarium Challenge: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/1009298/the-apocalyptic-terrarium-challenge-hard

It's an open-ended creative challenge with a high level of difficulty to start. I've included a complete set of rules, some potential endings, and a points calculating system. I've play tested this myself multiple times and I will continue to update the post to close any loopholes or add challenges from new packs.
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    edited July 2023
    I created a challenge for TS3 many years ago now. With horses finally coming to TS4, I've brought it forward in time, with a few adjustments. Are you as excited for ranch life as I am? <3

50 Foals Challenge - TS4
    :smiley:
    Post edited by Rawla on
  • Options
    CarbonCoffee14CarbonCoffee14 Posts: 21 Member
    edited July 2023
    A new gameplay challenge I came up with while playing a lone rancher in sims 4, it may not be everyone's taste but I can confirm that it will definitely be a challenge. Enjoy!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1010130/the-lone-rancher-challenge#latest
    Post edited by CarbonCoffee14 on
  • Options
    wickerpeachwickerpeach Posts: 16 Member
    Hi, I just wrote a Barbie legacy challenge based on her many careers! Full rules linked here on my tumblr page

https://www.tumblr.com/sims-himbo/723748606033690624/the-sims-4-barbie-legacy-challenge?source=share
  • Options
    I decided to go ahead with my "I'm Surrounded by Infants" challenge since it's different enough from @bubblegumsky272 's concept. You don't follow the children until they die, you just raise them until they get an A in high school. After a child becomes a young adult, you can keep them around as a playable character as long as they don't help with childcare, but you can also move them out if you need the space (or if they're evil chaos magnets, as the case may be). I've play tested this so I know it's doable, although I added a hardcore mode option that I haven't tested in case somebody really wants to challenge themselves.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1010167/im-surrounded-by-infants-challenge-rules#latest
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    WolfiePlaysSimsWolfiePlaysSims Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello! I'd like to share a ten-generation legacy challenge I've written based on the early-2000's animated Barbie movies! (Swan Lake, Diamond Castle, Princess and the Pauper, etc.,) https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=678700
  • Options
    AlleyKat213AlleyKat213 Posts: 58 Member
    Here's a hard one: The "TRY NOT TO NUKE" Challenge for those who get bored with saves easily... The goal is to see how many generations you can get to before completely giving up on the legacy... The rule is that you can't age up any of your children until their birthdays and you have to play this save until you're done with it... If you're like me, this is going to be really challenging... How many generations can you get to before giving up completely?
  • Options
    Savy_FrogSavy_Frog Posts: 1 New Member
    Sims 4 Disney Princess Challenge
    Welcome to my version of the Sims 4 Disney Princess Challenge! After successfully completing both the MissPlaying and Melinoe Challenges, I was inspired to create my own unique take.
    My approach draws inspiration from both of these challenges, and you can find them here:
    - [MissPlaying's Disney Princess 10 Gen Challenge](https://forums.thesims.com/en_GB/discussion/784536/the-disney-princess-10-gen-challenge)
    - [Melinoe's Disney Princess Challenge](https://forums.thesims.com/en_GB/discussion/784536/the-disney-princess-10-gen-challenge)
    I've made a concerted effort to keep the core objectives base game-friendly, while expanding upon them with additional content. However, this expansion isn't limited to just expansion packs. It incorporates new rules and goals that can be applied even if you're playing with the base game alone. Feel free to choose which, if any, of these additional goals you'd like to undertake. These "extras" can sometimes better embody the essence of a particular generation, for example becoming a mermaid for an Ariel-inspired generation.
    I've already begun working through the challenge, though not all generations have been play-tested yet. Should any issues arise, I'm committed to adjusting ensure a seamless experience.
    Remember, you're not obligated to complete every single goal. If a certain goal doesn't align with your gameplay preferences or simply doesn't resonate with you, feel free to skip it.
    As for the princesses featured, I've initially included Disney's official princesses. However, I intend to expand this list to encompass characters like Anna, Elsa, and Jane Porter.
    Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Star Wars expansion or the First Pet Stuff pack, so these elements are not integrated into the challenge.
    Expect a total of 12 generations, each dedicated to a different princess. Whether you're embracing a classic or exploring new possibilities, I hope you thoroughly enjoy embarking on this enchanting journey!

Generation 1 - Tiana
    You've grown up with nothing but your parents' cooking and a dream. Moving out on your own with nothing but the clothes on your back, you're determined to achieve your aspirations.
    • Start the game as a Young Adult (YA) with zero funds and an empty lot.
    • Your Sim must possess the Foodie and Ambitious traits.
    • Max out Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, and Baking skills.
    • Pursue a career as a Chef, Mixologist, or become a Restaurant or Bakery owner.
    • Choose a spouse with a green physical aspect.
    • Your spouse must have the Self-Absorbed (or Self-Assured) trait.
    • Both your Sim and the spouse must reach the top of their respective careers (or equivalent) before having a child (preferably a girl).
    Extra Challenges
    • Live with elderly parent(s) and take on all cooking and cleaning responsibilities.
    • Collect the entire frog collection available in the game.
    • Dress in all green outfits as often as possible.
    • Reside in a green-themed house, using green decor and furnishings.
    • Implement a curfew for your Sim, requiring them to be home by a certain time each evening.
    • The Sim's father must pass away before reaching the Young Adult stage.
    • Achieve celebrity status and gain the Refined trait.
    • Assist your child with all of their homework assignments.
    • Dedicate time to volunteering at a local soup kitchen.
    • Marry older spouse.

Generation 2 - Mulan
    Raised with a strong work ethic instilled by your parents, you embark on your own journey as you move out and forge your career path, following in your parents' footsteps.
    • Begin your journey as a Young Adult (YA) with your preferred amount of starting funds.
    • Choose an active career (Detective, Astronaut, Athlete, Military, or Secret Agent).
    • Achieve maximum proficiency in the Fitness skill.
    • Establish a swift romantic connection with a coworker within a week, leading to a pregnancy (and optionally, marriage).
    • Possess the Self-Assured trait.
    • Pass away during Cinderella's childhood ("in a blaze of glory").
    • Have positive relationship with father.
    Extra Challenges
    • Adopt the Appropriate Trait.
    • Embrace the Adventurous Trait.
    • Successfully complete two active aspirations.
    • Develop an enmity with your future spouse's future spouse (Cinderella's stepmother).
    • Design a training ground or dojo on your lot for fitness activities and meditation.
    • Dress as the opposite gender.

Generation 3 - Cinderella
    Tragedy struck early in your life when you lost your mother, and your father remarried a cruel woman with two equally unpleasant daughters. They made you their servant, subjecting you to a life of servitude.
    • Both parents must pass away before reaching the teen years.
    • Assume responsibility for all cooking and cleaning.
    • Possess the Neat trait.
    • Cannot leave the house.
    • Restrict interactions to the household; no communication with outsiders.
    • Refrain from hiring any services.
    • Cultivate a negative relationship with your stepfamily.
    • Must make all repairs.
    • When you become a Young Adult, attend a party, event, or festival with your stepfamily. Meet your future spouse and share a kiss before being forced to leave.
    • Wait for your spouse to visit your home before eloping and moving in together.
    • Raise four children, designating Merida as either the eldest or the surviving daughter.
    Extra Challenges
    • Depict the father's frequent absence from the house.
    • Care for all animals on the lot, including milking cows and collecting eggs.
    • Tend to a garden.
    • Live in a lot with the Simple Living trait.
    • Avoid attending school.
    • Dress modestly.
    • Create a 'poorly furnished' bedroom.
    • After moving out, relocate to a different world.
    • Host weekly parties once you've established your own household.
    • Experience the challenge of raising triplets.
    • Claim the stepfamily’s wealth when you depart.
    • Designate the stepmother as a vampire or witch. (This could work for future generations, maintaining the stepmother as a long-term family enemy. Consider making her a witch for Generation 4 or a vampire for Generation 6.)
    • Embark on the Country Caretaker aspiration and complete it.
    • Achieve the Perfectionist Aspiration.
    • Grow up with multiple animals.
    • Form a close bond with a specific animal on the lot.
    • After moving out regularly volunteer and/or donate.

Generation 4 - Merida
    Your parents once shared a deep and joyful love, raising you and your siblings in an environment free from rules, schoolwork, and chores. Unfortunately, your childhood bliss was short-lived.
    • Experience a happy and adventurous childhood filled with regular trips, lenient schooling, frequent holidays, trying new foods, and participating in festivals.
    • Tragedy strikes as your family perishes in a fire (or another catastrophic event).
    • Believe that someone you encountered is responsible for starting the fire; develop an enemy relationship with them.
    • Overcome this enemy in a way you choose (determine their fate!).
    • Master the Handiness skill through woodworking.
    • Abstain from pursuing a traditional job.
    • Possess the Hot-Headed trait.
    • Begin interactions with rudeness or negativity when meeting others.
    • Create a shrine in honour of your family.
    • Lead a solitary life, with the exception of:
    o Adopting a child.
    o Raising a surviving sibling or another family member.
    o Having a one-night fling leading to pregnancy, continuing the bloodline.
    Extra Challenges
    • Make the attacker a witch.
    • Make the attacker your step-grandmother.
    • Lose all belongings and money at some point.
    • Embrace a life off the grid or in 'hiding.'
    • Achieve the Master Maker aspiration.
    • Fulfil the Super Parent aspiration.
    • Conquer the Purveyor of Potions aspiration.
    • Become a witch, then 'cure' yourself of your magical abilities.
    • Own and fully train a horse, engaging in regular rides.
    • Possess the Horse Lover trait.
    • Dress your siblings in bear-themed attire.
    • Collect items related to bears.
    • Never consume baked goods or pies.
    • Embark on camping trips and outdoor activities like fishing and hiking.

Generation 5 - Pocahontas
    Your childhood was marked by loneliness and overprotection. Although you cherished your mother and home, your spirit longed for more. The wilderness called to you, and a profound connection with nature was established.
    • Possess the Loves Outdoors trait.
    • Marry a Sim who is different from your own culture or background.
    • Run away and elope with your chosen spouse.
    • Begin with low funds (1000 Simoleons or less) to reflect your modest beginnings.
    • Reside in a micro-home, embracing a simple and eco-friendly lifestyle.
    • Thrive by living off the land, maintaining a garden and relying on fishing.
    Extra Challenges
    • Develop a romantic relationship with an occult being (preferred).
    • Construct or discover all furniture in your home.
    • Handle all repairs yourself.
    • Be adopted.
    • Have a pet "raccoon" as a companion,.
    • Cultivate a strong relationship with a flock of wild birds,
    • Spend time exploring different outdoor locations.
    • Live on a lot with a simple living trait.

Generation 6 - Rapunzel
    Growing up with uniquely different parents made you stand out, leading to a distinctiveness that attracted attention. At a young age, you were separated from your parents and raised in solitude.
    • Remain confined to your home, only leaving for school.
    • Complete the Artistic Prodigy aspiration during childhood.
    • Achieve maximum proficiency in the Painting skill before reaching Young Adulthood.
    • Explore multiple creative skills throughout your life.
    • Elope with your chosen partner.
    • Secretly meet your spouse by sneaking out.
    • Maintain no friendships throughout your life.
    • Possess the Cheerful and Creative traits.
    • Move out with little to no funds.
    • Your spouse must possess the Kleptomaniac trait.
    • Save your spouse using the Death Flower.
    • Marry your spouse after saving them.
    • Have as many children as desired after saving your spouse.
    • Engage in regular reading or rereading.
    Extra Challenges
    • Be taken in by your paternal grandparents or another family member.
    • Cinderella's stepmother can take you.
    • Abide by a curfew, being home by a specific time each evening.
    • Achieve mastery in Knitting and Cross Stitch skills.
    • Pursue the Lord/Lady of the Knots aspiration and complete it.
    • Choose to drop out of high school and later complete the GED as a Young Adult, or never attend school (using a mod).
    • Max rock-climbing skill.
    • Create an art gallery on your lot to showcase your paintings and other creative works.
    • Build a tower or a secluded area on your lot where you can spend time alone and engage in creative activities.

Generation 7 - Belle
    Your parents' journey was full of challenges before your birth. You grew up in a household surrounded by love, witnessing your parents and siblings finding their soulmates. However, finding your own love has proven elusive.
    • Date multiple people before meeting your spouse.
    • Possess the Bookworm and Loner traits.
    • Choose a spouse who is also a Loner.
    • Make your spouse disfigured or unique in some way (if not choosing occult).
    • 'Cure' your spouse of their unique trait.
    • Pursue a career as an Author.
    • Ensure your spouse completes at least one of the Knowledge aspirations.
    • Fulfil the Soul Mate aspiration.
    • Master various skills and complete multiple aspirations.
    • Have as many children as you'd like (preferably one or two girls and either brothers or none).
    • Experience a life-changing event after having the heir, such as a sibling's death, a home fire, a child's abduction, a child running away, a curse or poisoning, or other impactful events.
    • Following the event, send the heir away for a period.
    Extra Challenges
    • Create a stalker who becomes an enemy of your spouse.
    • Preferably, choose a spouse who is a werewolf (or another occult being).
    • Cure your spouse within a week of meeting.
    • Attend university and attain a Distinguished Degree.
    • Achieve a career as an Engineer.
    • Complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration.
    • Accomplish the Successful Lineage aspiration.
    • Fulfil the Academic aspiration.
    • Achieve the Best-Selling Author aspiration.
    • Assist your children with their homework regularly.
    • Maintain a habit of reading regularly.
    • Mentor family members in various skills.
    • Have the heir live with three aunts.
    • Have the heir become an occult being or inherit an occult trait.
    • Allow the possibility of being threatened by Cinderella's stepmother.
    • Have a full house care staff.
    • Create a library.
    • Create or join a book club (get together)

Generation 8 - Aurora
    Your parents' protectiveness intensified after a traumatic event, prompting them to send you away for your safety. However, your heart yearned for adventure beyond your confines.
    • Limit outings to school only; never leave the house otherwise.
    • Refrain from using the Science table.
    • Possess the Good and Lazy traits.
    • Live independently away from your parents.
    • Cultivate a garden on your own.
    • Complete the Muscular Genius aspiration.
    • Meet your spouse just once before marriage.
    • Pass away and return as a playable ghost.
    • Revive yourself from the afterlife.
    • Avoid conversing with your spouse until a Sim again.
    • Restrict contact while in ghost form.
    • Settle on a farm after marriage, focusing on plants rather than cursed living beings.
    • Reestablish connections with your family if they're still alive.
    Extra Challenges
    • Be homeschooled, abstaining from formal education.
    • Never cook meals from scratch.
    • Never ski or engage in winter sports.
    • Avoid going outside when the weather is too hot or cold.
    • Max out the Singing skill.
    • Establish residence on a farm, tending to animals and crops.
    • Pursue the Inner Peace aspiration and complete it.
    • Return to life using the Wishing Well (preferred method).

Generation 9 - Moana
    Despite your parents' wishes for you to continue the family farm tradition, you found life on the farm unfulfilling. They couldn't understand your dream of forging your own legacy, away from the shadows of your family's past tragedies. You're determined to be different, to embrace happiness, and to live life to the fullest.
    (Feel free to swap Moana and Snow White, and have Moana remain childless to conclude the challenge.)
    • If your grandmother is still alive, form a close bond with her while growing up, even if she passes away before you reach Young Adulthood. This figure could also be a grandfather or a symbolic grandmother-like presence.
    • Possess the Loves the Outdoors trait.
    • Reside in Sulani or on a beach/waterside lot.
    • Swim daily to connect with the water.
    • Achieve maximum proficiency in the Fishing skill.
    • Pursue the Curator aspiration.
    • Embrace a life surrounded by the ocean and beach environment.
    • Have seven children to continue your legacy.
    • Form a best friendship with another Sim.
    Extra Challenges
    • Marry a mermaid or another occult being to introduce magical elements.
    • Have a child with the Child of the Ocean trait.
    • Develop a child with the Child of the Island trait to reflect your connection to the island.
    • Complete the Beach Life aspiration to embody your coastal lifestyle.
    • Choose a career as a Diver, FisherSim, or Conservationist to align with your love for the ocean.
    • Explore the Selvadorada destination (while running away or at another suitable time).
    • Embrace an off-the-grid and simple living lot lifestyle.
    • Assign the Quake Zone and Volcanic Activity lot traits to your home.
    • Have all your children be girls to stay consistent with the storyline.
    • Participate in neighbourhood or beach cleanup events to care for the environment and oceans.

Generation 10 - Ariel
    Growing up in an ocean-loving family, your mother's stories about life on a farm always captivated you. Your grandparents' epic love story inspired your dream of finding true love, but your desire was hindered by the challenges of your mermaid tail.
    • Possess the Romantic trait.
    • Complete the Soul Mate aspiration to fulfil your dream of finding true love.
    • Live a modern and affluent lifestyle.
    • Employ household staff (butler, maid, etc.) and avoid any housework.
    • Choose a career that resonates with you or decide to forgo a career entirely.
    • Have one daughter.
    • Struggle to maintain a close relationship with your daughter due to work, hobbies, socializing, or other commitments.
    • Pass away before your daughter reaches Young Adulthood.
    • Only engage in low-interest conversations once until any of the following conditions are met:
    • You are no longer a mermaid.
    • You complete the Curator aspiration.
    • You complete the Inner Peace aspiration.
    • You complete the City Native aspiration.
    • You complete a matching occult aspiration if not a mermaid.
    • You complete the Computer Whiz aspiration.
    • You complete the Friend of Animals aspiration.
    • You become a two-plus star famous Sim.
    • You reach level four of your chosen career.
    • You acquire a pet dog (max).
    • You complete the fish collection.
    • You complete the element collection.
    • You complete the postcard collection.
    • You reach maximum proficiency in Charisma, Singing, Dancing, and Acting skills.
    Extra Challenges
    • Choose to be a mermaid (preferred) to embrace your aquatic heritage.
    • Max out the Singing skill to showcase your musical talents.
    • Complete the Curator aspiration for a deeper connection to art and history.
    • Pursue a career in acting and become a famous actress, embracing your dramatic flair.
    • Adopt your daughter instead of having a biological child.
    • Have a nanny or family member raise your child while you pursue your ambitions.
    • Go on regular holidays with or without your child to explore new horizons.

Generation 11 - Jasmine
    Growing up, your parents led a busy life, leaving others to raise you. You believed that adulthood would grant you more freedom and the chance to forge stronger relationships, shedding toys for elegant dresses and leisure. Tragically, your mother passed away when you were still young.
    • Choose a spouse who is poor, a criminal, and possesses the Kleptomaniac trait.
    • Form a strong bond with a best friend.
    • Spend most of your childhood indoors, rarely leaving the house.
    • Develop the Self-Assured trait.
    • Have one child at a young age.
    • Pass away while your child is still young.
    Extra Challenges
    • Develop a deep bond with a pet and become companions from a young age.
    • Complete the Leader of the Pack aspiration to showcase your leadership skills.

Generation 12 - Snow White
    Your mother's life was marked by lovelessness. She had a lonely upbringing and passed away at a young age. Your father remarried, but soon left as well. Your stepmother, consumed by jealousy, held a strong resentment for you and your beauty.
    • Your father leaves before Young Adulthood, leaving you with your stepmother.
    • Your stepmother must have the Jealous trait.
    • Possess the Good trait.
    • Possess the Proper trait.
    • Pursue the Soul Mate aspiration.
    • Care for at least one apple tree from a young age.
    • Move out as a Young Adult or Teenager with no money.
    • Bring an apple from your tree and plant it in your new home.
    • Choose a spouse with Proper and Romantic traits.
    • Never interact with old ladies.
    • Never answer the door.
    • Have seven children, with at least one having a negative trait.
    • Pursue a career as a freelancer.
    • Each child must achieve at least one of the following before becoming a teenager:
    - Reach Level 5 in a toddler skill.
    - Reach Level 3 in all toddler skills.
    - Max out all toddler skills.
    - Complete a child's aspiration.
    - Achieve an A grade in school.
    - Max out a basic child skill.
    - Max out all four basic child skills.
    - Complete all childhood aspirations.
    - Earn a Scout badge.
    - Learn to stand and talk as an infant.
    Extra Challenges
    • Move in with seven male Sims for added complexity.
    • Choose to either adopt all children or have all biological full children.
    • Maintain a presence in your children's lives even after they've moved out.
    • Move in with one of your children when you become an elder.
    • Have a close bond with pets, especially small animals like birds and rabbits.

Generation 13 - Vanellope
    You've always felt like the odd one out in your family of six siblings. While they pursue traditional paths of finding love and stability, you're more laid-back and free-spirited. It's time to break free from their expectations and live life your own way.
    • As a teenager, go on a date with someone considered 'traditional,' but intentionally perform poorly.
    • Struggle academically and receive low grades in school.
    • Complete the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration during your childhood.
    • Forge a close bond with a best friend who shares your adventurous spirit but provides grounding.
    • Become a freelancer, embracing a non-traditional career path.
    • Pursue a popularity aspiration that aligns with your outgoing nature.
    • Possess the Clumsy and Childish traits.
    • Embrace a carefree life, completing whims and living as you see fit.
    • Engage in various love interests that come and go, each relationship having its time.
    • Have as many children as you desire with different partners, reflecting your unconventional choices.
    • Gain diverse experiences, acquiring numerous traits, skills, awards, and more.
    • Explore a wide range of activities and experiences, trying out different things as they interest you.
    Extra Challenges
    • Complete the Eco Inventor aspiration to reflect your creative and inventive side.
    • Drop out of high school.
    • Pursue the Master Maker aspiration, showcasing your talent in crafting and creating.
    • Tackle the Extreme Sports aspiration, highlighting your love for thrill and adventure.
    • Try various careers, from the military and detective work to engineering and freelance crafting.
    • Open a shop and sell the items you've made, embracing your entrepreneurial spirit.
    • Career-hop from job to job, experiencing different roles and industries.
    • Develop the Adventurous trait to align with your daring nature.
    • Climb Mt. Komorebi to accomplish an exciting and challenging goal.
    • Embrace multiple moves, reflecting your nomadic and exploratory lifestyle.
    • Attend various festivals in the game, participating in activities and competitions.
    • Death from laughter.

Generation 14 - Jane Porter
    Your mother lived a vibrant and adventurous life, often engrossed in her pursuits. However, she was not always present in your upbringing. Your father, on the other hand, was attentive and caring. You inherited your mother's love for adventure and your father's academic interests. Despite your unique parentage, you've always been enamoured by a culture different from your own. Your upbringing inspired you to be an involved and nurturing parent.
    • Be primarily raised by your father.
    • Maintain a less than ideal relationship with your mother.
    • Possess the Ambitious trait.
    • Complete a family-oriented aspiration.
    • Choose either the Curator or Jungle Explorer aspiration.
    • Live in a world different from the one where you were raised.
    • Marry a partner with a nature-based trait who comes from a different cultural background.
    • Have two children.
    • Take a break from work or research to focus on raising your children.
    • Ensure your children achieve certain milestones, such as:
    - Reaching Level 5 in a toddler skill.
    - Reaching Level 3 in all toddler skills.
    - Maxing out all toddler skills.
    - Completing a child's aspiration.
    - Earning an A grade in school.
    - Maxing out a basic child skill.
    - Maxing out all four basic child skills.
    - Completing all childhood aspirations.
    - Earning a Scout badge.
    - Mentoring your partner in a skill.
    Extra Challenges
    • Be raised predominantly by your father, with your mother largely out of the picture.
    • Complete the Archaeology Scholar aspiration, reflecting your academic pursuits.
    • Pursue the Academic aspiration to align with your academic inclinations.
    • Regularly visit Selvadorada to immerse yourself in the culture that intrigues you.
    • Become a Conservationist to champion environmental causes.
    • Pursue a career as a Civil Designer, reflecting your love for urban planning and development.
    • Engage in politics as a reflection of your commitment to bettering society.
    • Have a child with the Child of the Islands or Child of the Ocean trait to honour your fascination with other cultures.
    • Max out the Archaeology skill to mirror your dedication to academic exploration.
    • Master the Selvadoradian skill as a testament to your interest in different cultures.
    • Experience the joy and challenges of parenting twins.

Generation 15 - Anna
    Your parents showered you and your sibling with abundant love, but while you flourished, your sibling withdrew into isolation. Despite your efforts to restore the joy of your past, you often encountered closed doors. Witnessing your parents' enduring love despite their differences, you yearn for that same unconditional affection. When your parents pass away and your sibling remains isolated, you find solace in an unexpected relationship.
    • Develop a strong bond with your sibling during your upbringing.
    • Experience your sibling cutting off contact due to their loner trait.
    • Cultivate a loving relationship with both of your parents.
    • Have your parents pass away simultaneously.
    • Live with your isolated sibling after your parents' demise.
    • Shortly thereafter, elope with a partner who is considered 'bad' by conventional standards:
    - Criminal background.
    - Occult traits.
    - Evil or mean disposition.
    - Cheating or taken partner.
    - Relatives or acquaintances excluded from traditional choices.
    - Other unconventional partner.
    • Engage in a whirlwind relationship that ends due to conflict with your sibling.
    • Strive to mend your relationship with your sibling, introducing them to the joys of life they've missed.
    • Eventually find a more suitable and supportive partner.
    • Possess the Cheerful and Outgoing traits.
    • Complete the Soulmate aspiration, capturing your longing for unconditional love.
    • Complete the Friend of the World aspiration, embodying your friendly and social nature.
    • Have as many children as you wish, reflecting your desire for a loving family.
    • Choose any career that aligns with your character and interests.
    Extra Challenges
    • Have your first spouse place a curse on you that your sibling later helps to heal.
    • Complete the Neighbourhood Confidant aspiration to demonstrate your strong community ties.
    • Pursue a family-oriented aspiration to reflect your desire for familial unity.
    • Allow your sibling to establish their own life or family.
    • Climb Mt. Komorebi, achieving an ambitious physical feat.
    • Master the Rock-Climbing skill, showcasing your outdoor prowess.
    • Display contradicting traits between you and your sibling.
    • Celebrate birthdays with parties for each family member's special day.
    • Host numerous parties throughout your life.
    • Adopt and care for multiple pets.
    • Max out your charisma skill, reflecting your friendly and approachable nature.
    • Possess either the Clumsy or Romantic trait to reflect your personality.
    • Own a store or pursue a career as a veterinarian if they align with your interests.
    • Regularly embark on holidays to enjoy new experiences.
    • Regularly organize family reunions.

Generation 16 - Megara
    Your mother had an unwavering belief in love, while your father adored her. However, your personal experiences with love have only caused pain. You felt a stronger connection with your money-focused sibling. Although equally confident as your family, you were less sociable, harbouring a cynical attitude towards others. You preferred solitude over superficial relationships.
    • Date someone during your teenage years who tragically dies. Revive them, only for them to abandon you for someone else.
    • Possess the Self-Assured trait.
    • Become roommates with an evil sim.
    • Fulfil tasks such as cooking or cleaning for the evil sim.
    • Encounter your future spouse when the evil sim engages in a confrontation with them.
    • Remain unable to move out of the evil sim's residence until one of the following conditions is met:
    - Megara defeats the evil sim in a confrontation.
    - Spouse defeats the evil sim in a confrontation.
    - Run away while the evil sim is away.
    - Stage your own 'fake' death to escape.
    - Evil sim acquires a new minion.
    - Megara saves spouse from imminent danger.
    - Spouse saves Megara from impending harm.
    • Become a Mixologist and achieve the Master Mixologist aspiration.
    • Relocate to a spacious and comfortable house.
    • Choose to have as many children as you can, including a set of twins.
    Extra Challenges
    • Possess the Unflirty trait.
    • Embrace the Non-Committal trait.
    • Seek vengeance or dispel the evil sim's influence through a curse or other means.
    • Live in isolation, avoiding social interactions as much as possible.
    • Choose a spouse who is a Spellcaster, mirroring the mystical elements of your life.
    • Consider sending one twin away to be raised by others, creating a unique family dynamic.
    • Adopt children to build your family in non-traditional ways.

Generation 17 - Tinker Bell
    Your parents had numerous children, perhaps too many to give each child the attention they deserved. Among the siblings, you often felt overlooked. However, your role as the family's handy person was essential, as you possessed a knack for fixing and building things around the house. Though everyone in your family was unique, you excelled in practical skills rather than the more refined ones.
    • Utilize your handy skills to fix all household appliances as you grow up.
    • Pursue a career as an Engineer or Astronaut.
    • Complete the Nerd Brain aspiration, showcasing your affinity for intellectual pursuits.
    • Achieve a collection completion (e.g., Lost Things collection).
    • Embrace your uniqueness within the family dynamic.
    • Max out the Handiness skill, reflecting your talent for repairing and crafting.
    • Discover the Forgotten Grotto, showcasing your adventurous spirit.
    • Fall in love with a boy who is subsequently abducted.
    • Experience jealousy towards another girl.
    • Find a new spouse and marry them after the previous events.
    • Have a child after fulfilling all the above criteria.
    • Pass away not long after giving birth.
    Extra Challenges
    • Pursue a career as an Engineer, further emphasizing your practical skills.
    • If you grew up with a twin, share a close bond, collectibles, and experiences throughout your childhood.
    • If you meet your twin later in life, establish a deep friendship and remain a significant part of each other's lives.
    • If you have no twin, find alternative ways to fill the gaps in your experiences.
    • Embark on a holiday to Selvadorada to indulge your adventurous side.
    • Complete the Master Maker aspiration to showcase your crafting prowess.
    • Become a Spellcaster (preferred if not already) to add a magical element to your story.
    • Possess the Maker, Geek, Perfectionist, and Jealous traits to fully embody your character.
    • Max out the Mischief skill to reveal your mischievous side.
    • Be a Spell caster.
    • Experience the heartache of having your crush stolen by your twin if applicable.

Generation 18 - Nala
    You grew up hearing stories about your adventurous and wild mother, but much of your family history remained a mystery to you. Unlike the tales you heard, you lived a seemingly normal life.
    • Cultivate a strong bond with a childhood best friend.
    • Embrace an adventurous and/or outgoing personality, reflecting your desire for new experiences.
    • Marry your childhood best friend, solidifying a lifelong connection.
    • Have two children with your spouse.
    • One of your children exhibits signs of being 'different' from a young age. You choose to hide their uniqueness away.
    • Pursue any job or other activities that resonate with your character.
    Extra Challenges
    • Explore creative ways in which Elsa, one of your children, could be 'different':
    - Possess a 'dormant' Spellcaster gene.
    - Display unique skin coloration.
    - Stand out in appearance from the norm.
    - Possess an occult being lineage.
    - Explore unconventional traits and characteristics that have 'skipped' generations.
    - Experience accidental kelp eating
    - Elsa remains unaware of her Spellcaster abilities.
    - Have else originate from an alien pregnancy.
    - Experience a curse or other magical event.
    • Pass away when Elsa reaches Young Adulthood.
    • Possess the Cat Lover trait, reflecting your fondness for feline companions.
    • Have a household filled with many cats, showcasing your love for these animals.
    • Complete the Friend of the Animals aspiration to further emphasize your affinity for pets.
    • Consider becoming a Veterinarian, aligning with your love for animals.
    • Reside in a cat-friendly or cat hangout lot to reflect your close bond with your feline friends.

Generation 19 - Elsa
    Your parents hid you away during your entire childhood, instilling in you a sense of isolation. The fear of your powers hurting those you loved held you back, and you obeyed your parents' wishes without question. But suddenly, you found yourself alone and responsible for your own life. Meanwhile, your free-spirited sibling longed for you to embrace your true self and join them in living life to the fullest.
    • Remain confined to your house after toddlerhood, only leaving for school.
    • Reside on a private dwelling lot, reflecting your secluded upbringing.
    • Possess the Loner trait, representing your tendency to keep to yourself.
    • Follow your sibling's journey as they marry and have a child.
    • Your sibling must pass away after your parents do.
    • Sibling's partner leaves or passes away (your choice).
    • Gain custody of your sibling's child, preferably a girl.
    • Embrace your uniqueness in various ways:
    - Complete an aspiration that resonates with your gift.
    - Seek out your homeland or others like you.
    - Max out a specific skill that aligns with your powers.
    - Dress in a way that showcases your special abilities.
    • Choose not to marry or have children of your own.
    Extra Challenges
    • Avoid attending school (using mods).
    • Or drop out of high school.
    • Embrace your occult nature, preferably being an occult sim.
    • Move to Mt. Komorebi or Forgotten Hollow to reflect your environment.
    • Reside in an Island Spirits lot to connect with your unique abilities.
    • Develop the Ice Proof trait to showcase your resistance to cold.
    • Experience the dramatic moment of your sibling freezing to death.
    • Regularly engage in ice skating.
    • Max out skiing and snowboarding skills.
    • Climb Mt. Komorebi, symbolizing your journey to self-discovery.
    • Complete the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration.
    • Achieve the Spell craft & Sorcery aspiration, tapping into your magical potential.
    • Use a potion to resurrect Anna, but by that time, Esmeralda has already grown.
    • Ultimately, become immortal, reflecting your unique powers and character journey.
    • Collect and Display Snow Globes.

Generation 20 - Esmeralda
    Your grandparents delved deep into your family's history, revealing the struggles and challenges that have plagued your lineage. From kidnappings to widowhood, no one has had an easy path. This history has shaped your family, including your parents, who tragically passed away when you were young. Your upbringing was under the guidance of a loner aunt, who inspired you to extend a helping hand to others, particularly those who felt like outcasts. Driven by this desire, you dedicated yourself to making a difference in their lives.
    • Possess the Good trait, reflecting your compassionate and empathetic nature.
    • Forge a strong bond with a best friend who remains a lifelong companion.
    • Max out your Dancing skill and consider also excelling in Singing or Guitar.
    • Pursue an aspiration related to popularity, showcasing your charisma and influence.
    • Marry a sim with strong moral values, aligning with your own sense of goodness.
    • Choose a career path that allows you to make a positive impact:
    - Doctor: Healing and aiding those in need.
    - Actor: Using your talent to inspire and entertain.
    - Entertainer: Bringing joy and happiness to people's lives.
    Extra Challenges
    • Attend at least one festival every week, enjoying the vibrancy of community events.
    • Embrace your occult side and become a spellcaster, tapping into magical abilities.
    • Select a spouse who works as a detective, reflecting their commitment to justice.
    • Dedicate yourself to volunteering regularly, helping those less fortunate.
    • Adopt.
    • Host gatherings and parties to connect with others and spread your positive influence.
  • Options
    RavenBlueRavenBlue Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope it's ok to post this, I've never posted to the forum even though I've been playing sims from the beginning. With the new Ranch pack, I found that nectar making is far too fast and easy as a money maker....and needed a challenge for myself, and I thought I'd share it. So, here is the Nectar Empire Challenge! You can modify it as needed, but the premise is simple: create a Nectar Empire for your legacy family.
    Your sims have found the magic of nectar, and the family founder decided that they would build the best nectary possible, and support the generations through this enterprise. It won't be easy though; each new generation is tasked to branch out the brand, (at least) one nectary in every world!
    Rules:
    -Start with any sim you desire.
    -Must use only 64x64 (or the biggest) lots in each world
    -Each sim starts with standard funds, and must start with a simple cabin with only enough items to keep your sim alive. I like to start with abandoned lots and run down properties to give it a more authentic feel. Good lot traits to use: simple living, filthy, grody, gremlins, reduce and recycle, however many you desire. Just remember to keep it a fun challenge!
    -Each generation must include the following on their lot to advance to the next world and nectary:
    Wine Cellar
    Bar, themed to match the world they are in (or choose a theme or style of furnishings for each lot)
    The nectary must be a separate building from the house
    Barn with at least one stall and bunk
    3 farm animals
    Greenhouse (this is optional, but a great addition)
    Patio dining area
    Ornamental Garden with water feature
    Home should be roomy enough for all of the family, build additions as needed
    More can be added to personalize your nectary
    Now, on to your garden. To make it more challenging, I don't make any vitality nectar as it's too lucrative, but that is a personal choice. BUT, you may not make more than two varieties of nectar, so choose your plants wisely. Each family must have a perfect garden to advance. Of course, you can always have apples, grapes and prairie grass to build nectar making skill, but these items are only for skill building, and when the sim has perfected their nectar making, they must use only the two chosen varieties. Each generation needs to accumulate (insert your goal $$) in sales to advance. Teens can hold part time jobs, but adults must live off nectar proceeds, as well as any Plopsy crafts you choose to have them make; knitting, cross stitch, candle making, canning...all are good ways to bring in any additional income. College is optional but not necessary as there's no degree that I know of that would improve this challenge, but again, your choice. As I play with matrilinial families, I must have at least 1 girl child to carry on the family. You may choose which child to advance to the next world from your family.
    so, that's the basics. feel free to add, modify, or generally make this your own to have a great game! Thanks for reading
  • Options
    RavenBlueRavenBlue Posts: 2 New Member
    Of course, I forgot a few optional rules! Building on your lots will be dictated by seasonal weather, so outdoor improvements MAY NOT be done during the winter if the world is too cold, as well as days of blazing heat in the summer. No more than $10000 may be spent at one time (in one day, basically) during renovations. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, so your renovations will take time! Each day, only 3 lot improvements, such as trash, cobweb and crack removal, flooring, etc. may be done. Take your time, enjoy the transformation.

> @RavenBlue said:
    > I hope it's ok to post this, I've never posted to the forum even though I've been playing sims from the beginning. With the new Ranch pack, I found that nectar making is far too fast and easy as a money maker....and needed a challenge for myself, and I thought I'd share it. So, here is the Nectar Empire Challenge! You can modify it as needed, but the premise is simple: create a Nectar Empire for your legacy family.
  • Options
    ironladelironladel Posts: 5 New Member
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Usit21k4JAFCXh-IJD2ZABH9rkp5C-dKyzsmkn6mlMQ/edit?usp=sharing

Strawberry shortcake challenge!
    Tumblr: https://ironladle.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I've finished play testing my Gilligan's Island Challenge. In this challenge, seven stranded castaways find themselves on an uncharted desert isle (in Sulani). They quickly realized that all of their content went overboard except for Island Living. They have no phone, no fridge, no motorcar, not a single luxury. You must help each of them complete their part of the challenge to restore the lost content. For example the Millionaire's Wife has to make 10 friends in order to unlock the phone. The Movie Star has to complete the collection of buried treasure in order to unlock CAS.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011274/gilligans-island-challenge-rules
  • Options
    NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member

I see the list is no longer being updated, but in any case the link to Townie Life Challenge has changed and the new is one here: https://nhimsim.wordpress.com/townie-life-challenge/
  • Options
    Terah_WatsonTerah_Watson Posts: 3 New Member
    I made my own version of the every lot challenge challenge:
    https://www.tumblr.com/terahnf/742491991543283712/i-made-my-own-version-of-the-every-lot-challenge?source=share
  • Options
    @Terah_Watson That looks so fun! I downloaded the chart already.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top