Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine out Food quality poor and normal.

I OWNED a 5* restaurant before the patch, well now its more like a 3* restaurant. The chef's are making poor and normal foods only.. They're on the max skills so is all the staff. Sims are complaining about expansive foods because the bad food quality. I use local ingredients and cook slow, well i do everything to get the best results and that is why i had a 5* restaurant.

Things that i have tried is:

* delete cache
* delete tray
* disable any mod/cc
* remove traits from lot
* tested if food quality is better in a new restaurant ( i trained my staff half through and there wasn't noticeable difference )
* Start new game with restaurant
* reinstall the game

Nothing seemed to fix my issue. Is any one else facing this problem?

Comments

• Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    I don't think it's a bug, this happens over time, you just have to give them pep talks and stuff and it will recover.
  • Options
    SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on the issue on this link thread on the AHQ EA site
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-Top-level-chefs-in-Dine-Out-cooking-poor-quality-food/m-p/5661262#U5661262

Glad to see i am not the only one. just haven't found a solution :(
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    I'm not too sure what you mean by using local ingredients but could you try to use the most expensive one? The one that costs like 25% more or something. I can't really remember the exact price, but it's the highest one in the options for the ingredients. My chefs are top level and are making excellent dishes. Maybe a few normal here and there.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NicoFilippoNicoFilippo Posts: 82 Member
    Give the workers some motivation to work better, like promotions, endorsements,...

You say that you had the perk of 'choosing quality of ingredients'. Better food means more expencive food. If people say that it's too expencive, make it cheaper ;)
    nicofilippo_gameplay.png
    Click My Signature to see my sim's blog!
  • Options
    hannahjb1310hannahjb1310 Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm in exactly the same boat. 5-star restaurant one day, 3.5 the next. It has to be a bug as it didn't "go down over time". I was using the best ingredients and charging the highest prices. My chefs were maxed out in their skills and at the highest level. Food quality was excellent and not a single complaint other than the occasional long wait. Then after the patch all of a sudden people are complaining about prices, so I lower them. I have had to lower them three times and now people are saying the dish doesn't look good. When I hover over the dishes they all say they are poor quality. I have praised and praised my chefs - they are "satisfied", but are still turning out poor quality dishes. It's making no sense.
  • Options
    linderstay13linderstay13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issues I had 5 stars and hes only making poor or normal quality food ive tried everything I can think of to fix it
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It's a bug that the last patch brought. Needs a devs fix. *shrug* No point trying everything under the sun to fix it really.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimChrissySimChrissy Posts: 2 New Member
    So is there ANY resolution to this? I am having the same problems..all staff maxed in skills and training, I praise them and give inspiration speeches all the time yet NOW the chefs are putting out poor to normal quality food. I have even criticized my chefs thinking maybe that would work but no :( gah I am so frustrated!!!
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    I'm not too sure what you mean by using local ingredients but could you try to use the most expensive one? The one that costs like 25% more or something. I can't really remember the exact price, but it's the highest one in the options for the ingredients. My chefs are top level and are making excellent dishes. Maybe a few normal here and there.

Clearly you haven't played or changed the settings much. Local ingredients are the most expensive and add +25% to the price :)
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Does the Chef's Kitchen lot trait help?
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    Does the Chef's Kitchen lot trait help?

Hey, no they do not help.. :(

I tried many things and still no luck. i think we'do have to wait for a fix
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I have the same issue, and so does youtuber AndrewArcade in his Dine Out series. It seems to have been introduced with the latest patch, and I hope they fix it in the next one because this is very frustrating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Yeah, It's really annoying eating at restaurants too, because it's always poor and normal quality meals when before it had better quality. I really hope they put this bug in the priority list, because no one deserves going out and eating moldy poor quality food.
  • Options
    m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    hope this gets fixed :( was excited to finally get dine out but now I can't seem to be enjoying the restaurants at their best. @SimGuruNick ?

W79XhDj.png
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    I have the same bug

Your signature is incredible.
    TBImXnt.gif
  • Options
    LADYKAY75LADYKAY75 Posts: 46 Member
    This is my solution when new EP's come out you have to start over fresh with game. Yes it is frustrating but so far it works. I don't delete my old games but I am starting to realize I don't go back because I've started a new game with fresh everything. The game runs faster and isn't blogged down with all the "extras". My main problem is challenges I've completed with old games are not available with new games. :neutral: Just try it and see if the problems "vanish". Happy Simming
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    @Skulltec I'm having this issue too. Perfect restaurant, now poor quality dishes.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    The same here. I really hope this gets fixed with the next patch.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I have this problem too. My restaurant was 4.5 stars, now down to 3.5 and dropping because the customers are all disappointed.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    pixiejuice wrote: »
    I have this problem too. My restaurant was 4.5 stars, now down to 3.5 and dropping because the customers are all disappointed.

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on the issue the AHQ EA thread that I posted in the above post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15313152/#Comment_15313152
  • Options
    meka79meka79 Posts: 4 New Member
    Skulltec wrote: »
    I OWNED a 5* restaurant before the patch, well now its more like a 3* restaurant. The chef's are making poor and normal foods only.. They're on the max skills so is all the staff. Sims are complaining about expansive foods because the bad food quality. I use local ingredients and cook slow, well i do everything to get the best results and that is why i had a 5* restaurant.

Things that i have tried is:

* delete cache
    * delete tray
    * disable any mod/cc
    * remove traits from lot
    * tested if food quality is better in a new restaurant ( i trained my staff half through and there wasn't noticeable difference )
    * Start new game with restaurant
    * reinstall the game

Nothing seemed to fix my issue. Is any one else facing this problem?

You are telling the ((TRUTH!!)) mine is doing the same thing i have done everything also.You spend money on games to play and we always get the short end of the stick why? SMDH!!!! not only did you all cheated us on this game the sims 4 making it seem like its so much better when it's not.Took half the control from us and gave us stone age and bugs in theses so called new Sims 4 Games.In The State Of Louisiana If You Buy The Game And It Has Been Open.((YOU CAN NOT BRING THE SIMS 4 GAME BACK!! PERIOD NO MATTER WHAT!!!!)) If I Knew The Sims 4 Was Not Going To Be Much More Better Then The Sims 3 Then I Would'nt have bought the Sims 4.Now That I'm stuck with the sims 4 really didnt have a choice but to play it and buy a few packs with them.To Try and at least Enjoy Some Of The New Things.((But Any Way Please Fix These Game Bugs!!)) Its Just Not Fair We Have To Buy Theses Games And End Up Having Problems.