Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talking toilet

Comments

• Options
    MicemSimsMicemSims Posts: 463 Member
    Does it get the social need up? If it does then it might be handy for me as sometimes I forget to let my Sim have friends lol.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    .. I just wanted to build a motel. That was my only wish for this pack and I wouldn't even complain. Just a dirty simple cheap motel in Oasis Springs that I could build myself. Instead, I have the chance to talk.. to a toilet.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LGR will love it since he made a store that sells toilets.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    Is the Livestream posted anywhere?
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    @NeverSeemsToEnd what problem do you have with it? I like realism in my game and for once I can actually have my self-sim behaving exactly like I do in real life.

Not a critic but, do you talk with your toilet?

Yes, why? I hope you're not going to start having a problem with it like everyone else I've told :(

Edit: Sorry SimStaffBethelle, I am doing it again aren't I? @NeverSeemsToEnd I am actually joking with you x
    :joy: Are you best friends with your toilet?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    talking toiletz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> well made apartment system
  • Options
    mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Even if they hadn't made the toilet, they most likely could not make apartments build-able due to the engine the game uses. The engine is what limits them in what they can and can't do, so even if they wanted to, they can't.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, be it positive or negative. But getting angry at the devs for not "listening" or not giving them want *you* want, is not fair as they can't do anything about it. The sims 4 engine was made at the same time the game itself was and can't be changed once the game is finished. Not how engines works.

that's actually not very true, sims 2 engine changed pretty much through it's expansion packs
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    Seriously? So many people actually like that thing?

Well, you could knock me down with a feather. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be impressed with something that is such a useless waste of time and effort (IMO, I hasten to add). How about toilet stalls for our community lots? Urinals? Giving us four or five different 'normal' toilets would have been much more of a treat for me.

Edit: Ooh, I know what I would have liked - one of those old fashioned high level toilets for the cheap apartments, and when you pull the chain to flush it then it has a chance of breaking off and needs to be fixed by the landlord.

Tbh, I wouldn't really care for bathroom stalls because I'd probably rather make my own bathroom stall. They're not too hard to make. lp1aO04.png I can change the color of the wall to whatever I want. Maybe this blue bathroom is for the gym.
    If it's not one square, eh...It's probably less useful than the talking toilet. I mean, the talking toilet also gives social.
    But I will agree with the urinal. I have a mod for it and it's perfect.
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I was reading through everyone's thoughts here and a commercial was coming to mind with a futuristic theme and robots around a toilet. I went in search of that commercial. Let's just say that a google search of talking toilets is enlightening. Seems they are nothing new in Japan. Never would have guessed.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited September 2016
    Finally, a return to the ridiculous.
    This is what made me fall in love with The Sims (and Maxis, for that matter) in the first place: the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's bad enough that the MUH REALISM crowd got alien abductions nerfed, now they want to take away my HAL-9000 talking toilet?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This is what made me fall in love with The Sims (and Maxis, for that matter) in the first place: the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's bad enough that the MUH REALISM crowd got alien abductions nerfed, now they want to take away my HAL-9000 talking toilet?

And then people complain the SIms 4 isn't as humorous or funny as the previous games.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

And then people complain the SIms 4 isn't as humorous or funny as the previous games.

Yeah, it's a lose-lose.
    Of course, TS3 was the least funny out of the whole series, so as long as they stay ahead of that one, I'm happy.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Even if they hadn't made the toilet, they most likely could not make apartments build-able due to the engine the game uses. The engine is what limits them in what they can and can't do, so even if they wanted to, they can't.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, be it positive or negative. But getting angry at the devs for not "listening" or not giving them want *you* want, is not fair as they can't do anything about it. The sims 4 engine was made at the same time the game itself was and can't be changed once the game is finished. Not how engines works.

that's actually not very true, sims 2 engine changed pretty much through it's expansion packs
    Such as?
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2016
    Talking toilet over building apartments anywhere?
    God... Not even funny, exciting, creative or anything. :/

I have every pack released so far because I thought they were okay, esp. DO, GTW, GT and Spa, and worth buying.
    And I was waiting for the apartment pack to come to eventually complete the game because, for me, the pack with apartment feature is the most important of all.
    I hoped it would be like the sims 2. But we already know it isn't at all with the restriction that we can only have apartments in San freaking Myshuno.

Apparently I won't be able to complete my game because of that ridiculous limitation. There is no alternative.
    Talking toilet has just aggravated my anger.

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Reaction-GIF-Angry.gif?gs=a[/img]
  • Options
    EpicSims wrote: »
    Talking toilet over building apartments anywhere?
    God... Not even funny, exciting, creative or anything. :/

I have every pack released so far because I thought they were okay, esp. DO, GTW, GT and Spa, and worth buying.
    And I was waiting for the apartment pack to come to eventually complete the game because, for me, the pack with apartment feature is the most important of all.
    I hoped it would be like the sims 2. But we already know it isn't at all with the restriction that we can only have apartments in San freaking Myshuno.

Apparently I won't be able to complete my game because of that ridiculous limitation. There is no alternative.
    Talking toilet has just aggravated my anger.

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Reaction-GIF-Angry.gif?gs=a[/img]

It's not an either/or situation. Talking toilets are ONE item that you don't even have to use.
    You can't compare the apartment limitations (which may or may not be moddable) with a single item.

This is like comparing clubs to the bonfire, or active careers with the star wars costumes.
    It's a single, MINOR feature that you are in no way obligated to use.

Some of us like our Sims games to be weird and funny. I'm sorry you don't, but seriously. Build a bridge and get over it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Egomouse wrote: »

Well, you could knock me down with a feather. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be impressed with something that is such a useless waste of time and effort (IMO, I hasten to add). How about toilet stalls for our community lots? Urinals? Giving us four or five different 'normal' toilets would have been much more of a treat for me.

Edit: Ooh, I know what I would have liked - one of those old fashioned high level toilets for the cheap apartments, and when you pull the chain to flush it then it has a chance of breaking off and needs to be fixed by the landlord.

Tbh, I wouldn't really care for bathroom stalls because I'd probably rather make my own bathroom stall. They're not too hard to make.
    lp1aO04.png
    I can change the color of the wall to whatever I want. Maybe this blue bathroom is for the gym.
    If it's not one square, eh...It's probably less useful than the talking toilet. I mean, the talking toilet also gives social.
    But I will agree with the urinal. I have a mod for it and it's perfect.
    I still want stalls cause whenever I do these types of bathrooms (like at a retail lot) they all seem to flock to the first stall and walk in on whoever is in it
    Embarrassed moodlets all around :s
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    luvalphvle wrote: »
    Is the Livestream posted anywhere?

Yes SimsVip has the youtube version up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSj0Xg8kjq8
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Well i think the talking toilet deserves a discusion just for "her", the development team choose to spent their time making this...... let's say........crazy object, instead of give us buildings with all floors being habitable, or even give simmers the opportunity to build their own apartment complex, so for them, this should be a very important object, so let's talk a bit about this friendly toilet, yes you can become "friend" of a toilet!!!! Tell me how you feel about this new content.

Might be a crazy assumption but I think a talking toilet takes about the same amount of development as any other gameplay object and making Apartments freely build-able requires a significant amount of extra work, money and care...
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    @NeverSeemsToEnd what problem do you have with it? I like realism in my game and for once I can actually have my self-sim behaving exactly like I do in real life.

I think the op is angry because they spent time on this silly object that no one asked for instead of creating something helpful that we asked for and wanted in the game.
    she has all the right to express her opinion

There's always someone who brings up this comment that they can't prove and disregards all the Simmers that want and asked for it.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    I actually laughed while watching the interaction with the talking toilet with the disco. Dude you even have the option to watch the news while on the John. I wish I had the talking toilet.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I love it. My business sim can do his "business" while checking news reports and the stock market. I do wonder if the waterfall hologram makes your sim want to pee more.

I wonder if there will be moments when the toilet malfunctions and there's a mini geyser whilst your Sims are using it, would be uncomfortable x.x
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited September 2016
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I love it. My business sim can do his "business" while checking news reports and the stock market. I do wonder if the waterfall hologram makes your sim want to pee more.

I wonder if there will be moments when the toilet malfunctions and there's a mini geyser whilst your Sims are using it, would be uncomfortable x.x
    Wouldn't that just make it a b-day (can't spell that) :D
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    My bf who is getting more and more excited for The Sims even said this was the most useless addition.

I hope for your sake your bf is more imaginative in other aspects of your life together.

Why are you insulting his boyfriend because he doesn't like the toilet? Keep your comments about the game.

<3

Btw @Dannydanbo, we were just watching the Livestream together.

Some people will just never realise what's lacking in TS4. The so called "Friends of TS4".... Ha.

Yes, it is ridiculous, and that's what makes the Sims great. But I think this addition is quite sad when you look at all the stuff the game rather needs.

Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    They didn't spend their time making this toilet instead of allowing us to build apartments at all. It's just a toilet with a few extra interactions and animations. It wouldn't have been hard to make. Im upset we cant build out own apartment complexes, but it's obviously difficult with how they are set up - it's not the toilet that got in the way.
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be impressed with something that is such a useless waste of time and effort (IMO, I hasten to add).

Wait, since when were we discussing toddlers?

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."