Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Talking toilet

Comments

• Options
    NeverSeemsToEndNeverSeemsToEnd Posts: 292 Member
    auramaris wrote: »
    It's a revolutionary object i'm very impressed, it's all i've ever wanted in a city living pack!
    Can't build apartments? Can't place them anywhere other than San Myshuno? Can't even have npc roommates?
    It's alright cause you can just go talk to your talking toilet about it!
    SKIE.gif

This was awesome LOLOL
    Origin ID: NeverSeemsToEnd
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    I'm actually looking forward to it. It could be pretty funny
  • Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2016
    Even if they hadn't made the toilet, they most likely could not make apartments build-able due to the engine the game uses. The engine is what limits them in what they can and can't do, so even if they wanted to, they can't.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, be it positive or negative. But getting angry at the devs for not "listening" or not giving them want *you* want, is not fair as they can't do anything about it. The sims 4 engine was made at the same time the game itself was and can't be changed once the game is finished. Not how engines works.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love it. My business sim can do his "business" while checking news reports and the stock market. I do wonder if the waterfall hologram makes your sim want to pee more.
  • Options
    TaquandaTaquanda Posts: 212 Member
    My bf who is getting more and more excited for The Sims even said this was the most useless addition.
    Sorry for any grammar or other mistakes. English is not my native language. :)
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Talking? Toilet? Really?!
    So something like that Bob's Burgers episode where Gene finds a talking high tech toilet?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    The idea of an AI toilet kind of disturbs me :neutral: Like, it's got a mind of it's own, how long until it understands and gets tired of you, you know, using it :flushed:
  • Options
    The same day Siri tells you "Look it up yourself you lazy plumhole".
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Taquanda wrote: »
    My bf who is getting more and more excited for The Sims even said this was the most useless addition.

Everyone's got their own "useless", really. It just depends on how you play.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Taquanda wrote: »

I hope for your sake your bf is more imaginative in other aspects of your life together.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm not sure I'll get on well with this new talking toilet. So far it seems like she has a pretty plum disposition.

Dang you forum censor for ruining my 10/10 dad joke.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'll get on well with this new talking toilet. So far it seems like she has a pretty plum disposition.

Well, if I whizzed on you repeatedly, it might make you grumpy too.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    edited September 2016
    lmkiture wrote: »
    The idea of an AI toilet kind of disturbs me :neutral: Like, it's got a mind of it's own, how long until it understands and gets tired of you, you know, using it :flushed:

It's no different then talking to an amazon echo.
  • Options
    MikeytMikeyt Posts: 42 Member
    Waste of resources and waste of time making it. Out of all the things this game is lacking, they choose to make this? Really?
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    I missed the live stream so I missed anything concerning it. Did messages pop up from the notifications, like "STOP. EATING. SPICY. FOOD!" or "Pity you sat down already because I'm out of paper." Etc? If not and it was just a toilet mesh talking through an opening lid, I'm not going to be looking forward to future chairapy sessions.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    The thing that people are forgetting is that Sims are meant to have a humorous side to them. Something not to serious that can be enjoyed from a smile to laughter cause we are able to make fun of life. While talking toilets may not be on a realistic side it sure is funny! haha I actually love this and can't wait to put this in my game. When Dine Out was released I actually created a toilet themed restaurant named "Flush Le Toilet" that admires the best of toilets with it's own displays and now I gained a toilet that will talk back. It's not about realism here it's about experiencing a humorous moment that has been a part of Sims since the original base game back in 2000! Humor is simply a part of the franchise and a talking toilet will bring me great laughter in the near future!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,552 Member
    edited September 2016
    I clearly do not find that funny not funny at all i repeat when it comes to the game even the sims game i am kind of serious and there are somethings i do not find funny
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    I missed the live stream so I missed anything concerning it. Did messages pop up from the notifications, like "STOP. EATING. SPICY. FOOD!" or "Pity you sat down already because I'm out of paper." Etc? If not and it was just a toilet mesh talking through an opening lid, I'm not going to be looking forward to future chairapy sessions.

They showed a disco-ball come out of it to entertain your sim while he/she poops.
  • Options
    siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    I think the toilet sounds hilarious! It's that old Sims charm a lot of people have talked about missing. While I am definitely a "realistic" player, this is realism (in the fact that these DO exist--in fact, we have one at my work) but is just goofy enough to add some very "Simmy" hilarity. Love it!
  • Options
    dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    >:)

It would be weird carrying on a conversation while you handle your business with the talking toilet. My sims might find it cool though especially the ones with the insane trait. =D

>:)
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    siennaSTAR wrote: »
    I think the toilet sounds hilarious! It's that old Sims charm a lot of people have talked about missing. While I am definitely a "realistic" player, this is realism (in the fact that these DO exist--in fact, we have one at my work) but is just goofy enough to add some very "Simmy" hilarity. Love it!

100% agree.

Usually I can't stand the awkward teen-humor in this game (best examples: before woohoo fist bump animation + pass out animation) but the toiler in particular is awesome :D .
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    ENolan wrote: »

They showed a disco-ball come out of it to entertain your sim while he/she poops.

Seriously? Wow. :open_mouth: That's taking "Weirder Stories" beyond the pale.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited September 2016
    Seriously? So many people actually like that thing?

Well, you could knock me down with a feather. I wouldn't have thought that anyone would be impressed with something that is such a useless waste of time and effort (IMO, I hasten to add). How about toilet stalls for our community lots? Urinals? Giving us four or five different 'normal' toilets would have been much more of a treat for me.

Edit: Ooh, I know what I would have liked - one of those old fashioned high level toilets for the cheap apartments, and when you pull the chain to flush it then it has a chance of breaking off and needs to be fixed by the landlord.

Great post. I agree we should have received bathroom stalls & urinals instead of this weird toilet that talks.