Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers

Toddler ideas. Nothing serious.

1. I don't mind toddlers learning to walk but when they learn how to walk, they constantly get up, walk, then sit down and it's a painful repeat. Please don't make them do that again. They should just stand and walk and stand. There could be an option for sitting or crawling on the floor.

2. Toddlers shouldn't be like the ones from Sims 2 or 3. This time they aren't going to act like my 9-month-old niece. They are going to talk like older sims after learning how to talk. We should have conversations with them or small chats. They can repeat little sentences.

3. Toddlers should have a new height (making them slightly taller than usual) and weight sliders. Maybe they could be around 101.6 cm or 40 inches (that's how tall my 4yo niece is and she acts completely like a toddler but is a preschooler and my 7yo nephew is 121.9 cm around the same height as a sim child so it isn't awkward at all) So there for they could be based off of 2-5-year-olds at the same time. I felt like toddlers should be more than a 30-inch infant-like toddler. I don't we will need preschoolers if toddlers appearance and interactions are altered. More like Sims Freeplay toddlers. Much less boring than original toddlers

Just to be clear you know what I am talking about:

5. Toddlers should really have a much better wardrobe.

can-stock-photo_csp9556765.jpg

can-stock-photo_csp14247354.jpg

summer-clothes-little-girls-set-isolated-white-background-40572146.jpg

That's all B)

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,294 Member
  • Options
    AnnMariaAnnMaria Posts: 181 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    There's this thread stickied up top for people to post what they would like to see for toddlers... ;)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880216/ideas-at-a-glance-for-toddlers/p1

I noticed that thread lol
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Have you ever seen a toddler?
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    AnnMaria wrote: »
    I don't mind toddlers learning to walk but when they learn how to walk, they constantly get up, walk, then sit down and it's a painful repeat. Please don't make them do that again. They should just stand and walk and stand. There could be an option for sitting or crawling on the floor.
    "teach to walk" has always bothered me.
    Toddlers usually start to walk when they are ready. And they do the get up, sit down, get up, take a couple of wobbly steps, sit down, thing, that is how toddlers learn to walk. They also usually use furniture to pull themselves up on, to get used to standing

2. Toddlers shouldn't be like the ones from Sims 2 or 3. This time they aren't going to act like my 9-month-old niece. They are going to talk like older sims after learning how to talk. We should have conversations with them or small chats. They can repeat little sentences.
    In TS3 you'd teach them to talk, and then have some sort of conversation with them. I liked that. In TS2, reading to toddlers was pretty popular.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a toddler?

I just told you I have a 4-year-old niece and 7-year-old nephew. Yes I had. I've seen them as toddlers. B)
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    I agree, they need to learn to walk pretty much on their own, talking, they learn by being talked to and of course parents do have to potty train them but, what I hate is jumping form toddler to school aged child? What happened to ages 3-5, where they can walk and talk well, are potty trained, love to climb, get into everything and, can't stop asking why, even if Mom is busy cooking, doing laundry and, talking on the phone all at once?

Now that would be a fun age to have in the game, the terrible twos which is really more like ages 3-5.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    I agree, they need to learn to walk pretty much on their own, talking, they learn by being talked to and of course parents do have to potty train them but, what I hate is jumping form toddler to school aged child? What happened to ages 3-5, where they can walk and talk well, are potty trained, love to climb, get into everything and, can't stop asking why, even if Mom is busy cooking, doing laundry and, talking on the phone all at once?

Now that would be a fun age to have in the game, the terrible twos which is really more like ages 3-5.

I agree. Maybe make toddlers like preschoolers.
  • Options
    RiverDanielsRiverDaniels Posts: 20 New Member
    Toddlers technically aren't pre-schoolers. Toddlers are usually ages 7 months - 2 years. Toddlers are considered toddlers because they can't walk well and they "toddle"
  • Options
    Ninja-Dan22Ninja-Dan22 Posts: 117 Member
    I think toddlers around the age 2-4 is a good idea!