Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Archer_Girl / Saturnspoon Showcase

Comments

• Options
    BreezyBlue022BreezyBlue022 Posts: 126 Member
    Your build names are A++, and I think it's super neat how you do a series of builds
  • Options
    NellythekiddNellythekidd Posts: 251 Member
    Amazing showcase! All the little details in your builds make them look like they are straight out of real life and I like the look of the cityscape that your urban buildings provide. I like the set up of your Night in the City, it reminded me of Gotham right when I saw the exterior! I really like that you showcase your buildings together by themes and they form a good cohesive picture together. In my game I have some areas that kind of make sense like restaurant street, but then I got one night club right next to a church - I've never seen that in real life! :smiley: I'm looking forward to seeing more of your builds!
    Origin ID / Gallery: nellythekidd
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    There are some wonderful creations in here! I love the realistic look they all have. I especially adore Grey Bluff, very nice and realistic looking :) Also, Ol Gabby's Shed is adorable with all the clutter and cozynes! I could totally spend a lot of time there irl - I love gardening :D
  • Options
    Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

It's been a long time since I've posted to the forums but I've still been building. I got Seasons and I'm enjoying doing screenshots of my builds in different seasons and in different light. It really adds depth and realism and for that reason Seasons is definitely my favorite exp pack so far.
    So here are some projects I've done lately. Thanks for checking them out! Have a blessed day.

This house was inspired by a house that I pass on my way home sometimes and I never noticed it until it was all covered in white lights and there were white candles in all the windows. I never could stop and just check out the house because here in middle Tennessee, you just don't pull up into people's driveways and just stare at their houses like a crazed stalker. People are serious about their right to bear arms here. LOL So there is some improvising on this but I've never built a house with a gambrel roof and it was fun trying something different.

Gambrel Roof Home
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7CA6879E144711E989816995527B6279?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

0WIyQrH.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2019
    Very nice exterior design of Gambrel Roof Home! :) The gambrel roofing is very nice! The photos of the build in the different seasons are very nice. It looks especially pretty in Wintertime! The snow covered exterior , lights on the eaves and snowy trees are very nice! The awnings are a nice touch over the windows. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The wallpatterns in the masterbedroom and boys bedroom are very nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Waterford House

Inspired by Commander Waterford's house in Handmaid's Tale. I found the actual house that is show from the exterior and its in Ontario, Canada but I couldn't find any pics or floor plans to work from. I had to just imagine how the house should be laid out and this project was very different for me. I tend to design light and airy spaces for Sims but I forced myself to use dark woods and colors and not make it too cheerful. I hope you like.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0FB5D284229411E98AB90E70B7F05217?searchtype=ea_origin_id&category=all&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false

hfacV6N.jpg
    1MX1iso.jpg
    Post edited by Archer_Girl on
  • Options
    The exterior of Waterford House is very nice! :) The brown brick walls gives a great look and feel to the build, and the greenery on the wall and green plants landscaping complements so well with it. The windows used look very nice. Very nice glasshouse dining room ! The industrial type windows used, and the type of dining chairs complement each other well. Very nice upper landing area! The patterned red wallpaper and the bookcases along the walls look very nice. Very nice fireplace family room, for Sims to enjoy sitting together at the table, with the fire to keep the room warm. The brown curtained windows alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outside views. The wall tiling in the bathroom looks very nice. Sims will enjoy restfully bathing in the triangular bath tub. Very nice design of the kitchen! The black and grey colour scheme looks great! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst preparing meals. Very nice fenced outdoors gardening area for Sims to enjoy growing plants. The type of pool that you have designed goes well with the style of the home.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    PinenutsPinenuts Posts: 99 Member
    This is great @Archer_Girl . I only have access to the gallery atm but I'm interested to see how the interior flows. The outside has a cool brutal-brick vibe while still being innovative. It's coolly menacing, which I guess is the point of the building that inspired it. The half-glass greenhouse with the riverstone (and the greenery in the gutters!) isn't a look I've seen before.

All in all, super duper.
  • Options
    @pinenuts, thanks so much for your comments. I had some more pics that I needed to put together and I've added them.
  • Options
    Tenchigirl15Tenchigirl15 Posts: 102 Member
    you have beautiful homes here @Archer_Girl , love your latest one with the snow. it remind's me of the homes I pass by all the time too where I live. it might be a kit home. :wink: great job! :smile:
  • Options
    @Tenchigirl15, thank you! As I was building and decorating this home, in my mind it was a home built in the 1950 or 60's and I knew it wasn't supposed to be an "elegant" kind of house but more of a typical-family-lived-in kind of home.
  • Options

Base Game and Seasons Small Home

First house in a series of small homes, all with the same footprint but different expansion and stuff packs.

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1BBF880C264F11E983F66B74343DD635?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

qRv90Nn.jpg
  • Options
    Very nice exterior design of Base Game and Seasons Small Home! :) The raised front porch looks nice, and the awnings are a nice touch over the windows. The wooden texture of the exterior gives a nice look to the home, and green plants along the front edges and on the edges of the side yard fencing complements well with it. Very nice gardening side yard for Sims to enjoy growing plants in the garden boxes and use the bee hives. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The chocolate brown colour scheme of the bedroom looks very nice. Sims will enjoy reading books in their bedroom, and like waking up to sunlight coming in through the windows. Very nice open plan living, dining, and kitchen area. The greeen seasons picture looks very nice on the kitchen and dining area wall. The candles on the dining table would be very pretty lighting the area when eating an evening meal. Sims will enjoy listening to music from the Lin-z - speaker whilst eating their meal. Very nice sofa and armchair corner living area nook. Sims will enjoy relaxing there watching tv. The fruit pictures are a nice touch on the wall . The colourful circles floor print is a special touch in the kids room, and the unicorn is cute keeping kids company!
    It is a very nice small family home :)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Update: I've just realized I've made a blunder. I jumped the gun and uploaded the lot before I finished one of the upstairs bathrooms. Not sure if I should delete the upload and do it over or just upload the bathroom that belongs upstairs. Crap! So I've finished the bathroom and uploaded the lot a second time. My apologies to anyone who downloaded the first version.

Bayou Home II

Located in Willow Creek, between the bayou and the bay, this spacious family home has everything a Sim family needs. Features include: vaulted ceiling over great room; kitchen skylight; covered patio, spacious master en suite, 2-car garage and workout room, basement pub with walk-out basement and much more. This build contains no CC but does use moveobjects cheat.

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/96D159222FBF11E9876D26975FCF53D6?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

5wEKxPL.jpg
    6k3STvB.jpg
    Post edited by Archer_Girl on
  • Options
    Very nice family home! :) The exterior design and layout of the build is very nice! Very nice brick texture of the exterior. The pool, hot tub , outdoors living and outdoors kitchen and dining patio is so very nice! Kids will have fun playing on the monkey bars and swings. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It is a very detailed and special family home! The brown, blue and green colour scheme of the bedrooms looks very nice. Very nice windows bed nook in the kids bedroom!
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options

This is my entry for the 198th One Room One Week One Theme challenge, "Two Favorite Things"

I am IN LOVE with the Laundry Day stuff pack! Best one ever in my opinion and I love everything that came with it. But two things I love most are the round table and the washer/dryer sets. So I decided to make a Kitchen/Mud Room/Laundry Room to showcase those objects. I wanted this room to feel quaint and comfortable as if you were visiting your grandmother's house. I grew up in a very rural area of Kentucky and many people we knew lived in farm houses and seemed like they always had mud rooms with stone flooring and it always made sense to me because it's a place to shed your dirty clothing and shoes without tracking dirt through the house and if the washer and dryer and hamper are nearby you just drop your dirty stuff right in. Having a hall tree there also makes it easy to keep up with stuff like jackets and backpacks.

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6FF3D12D316811E98DDC7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

mMx4zV1.jpg
  • Options
    Nana's Knick-Knacks is very nice homely and warm kitchen, dining, laundry and mud room! :) Very nice layout of the room and furnishing of each of the areas! The colour scheme is very nice. Very nice laundry and mud room nook! The washer and dryer set, which is one of your favourite items, looks great there! The wooden and the rock walls and flooring give a great look and feel to the area! The laundry pack shelving and wall decor items are a very nice homely touch on the walls . It looks great that folded clothes and detergent have been placed on the top of the dryer and washer. Very nice warm and homely kitchen area! The rooster, display wall plates, country style clock, dish rack, paper towel, cattle and utensils are very nice country home touches. The curtained windows alcove with the round dining table, which is your other favourite item, is very nice! The table is very nice to use in rooms! It is very nice for famlies to sit around and enjoy eating a family meal. The flowers in the watering can are a pretty and homely touch on the dining table. The fireplace gives a nice feel to the area. Sims will enjoy dining there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The floor rug under the table looks great! The baskets of flowers and milk jar tin are nice touches
    It is a very nice homely country style room which showcases the Laundry Day pack items so very well! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Harrington House Bed and Breakfast

My entry for Quality Control Challenge #74 - "My Love"

Are your Sims looking for that all-in-one, perfect location for their wedding? Let Aphrodite, our exclusive wedding planner, take care of all your wedding worries and stress by hosting your celebration of love in our spacious, warm and romantic house. Harrington House is listed in the Windenburg Historical Register of homes and we strive to bring that rich history, as well as personal service, to your wedding events. We feature three spacious and romantic guest suites, all with private baths, and a second floor guest kitchen where you can make yourself at home when the main floor kitchen is closed. No one can underestimate the importance of having a dedicated bridal party suite where they can relax as they prepare for the ceremony and we are pleased to provide that amenity as well. We want you to experience all that the beautiful surroundings of Windenburg have to offer so don't arrive expecting to catch up on TV shows as Harrington House provides no televisions. You and your guests will be so glad you chose Harrington House to host your wedding!

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/90979BBE3E0911E98D9B7E6A61392AEA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false[/b

Link to Quality Control Challenge Page: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853131/sims-4-quality-control-contest-challenge-74-up-due-est-9th-march/p1

iaToRXW.png
    ByVMsEq.jpg
    omSlu0S.png
    8UsaSRS.png
    2UhXgBF.jpg
    jpawie8.png
    dGYnFPl.png
  • Options
    I will repost here what I wrote on the challenge thread and add a little more
    I am so sorry to hear of your health issues with the brain tumour. I send hugs to you <3 It would have been quite a concerning, tiring and stressful time of your life over these last couple of years. I send special thoughts to you as live day by day with effects of having the tumour. I am glad and thankful to hear that it is benign.
    It is great that you enjoyed doing this challenge :) The background descriptive details that you have written for the venue are very creatively and nicely written! The exterior design of the build is very nice! Very nice Tuder architectural design! The wall textures look great! Very pretty wedding ceremony area! The flowers petals on the ground,the pedestals of flowers either sides of the wedding arch and the way the white seats have been set up either sides of the arch for the wedding guests to view the wedding looks very pretty! The landscaping work of the build is very lovely! Your screenshots of the venue at night time and through the day with the background of the mountains, full moon, night sky and blue /clouds skies are beautiful! Very nice furnishing of the interior areas! The layout is very nice! The colour scheme of the rooms are very nice! Very nice dining area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the round dining tables enjoy eating their meals, and having a drink from the bar. The flowers on the tables, curtained windows and the gold edged pictures are very nice! The black and white colour scheme of the kitchen is very nice! Very nice chequered flooring, and white brick walls
    It is a very special bed and breakfast venue! :)
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Following, you have quite the thread!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The Bird Cage Lounge

I was somehow hit with inspiration when I was looking at architecturally-interesting bird cages. Of that has come two lots, this first one is a lounge and the next one will be residential. The concept for the lounge is that it's so fabulously chic and hip to go to this lounge, naturally you want a glass building so everyone who isn't at the lounge can see that you are. It's the place to be seen....that doesn't guarantee the food, drinks or music will be any good...it just means you'll look good not enjoying them. It's a whole scene.

Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/53E8A31F49AB11E9876E048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

lqgJ1Rq.jpg
    Yjo3OZw.jpg
    OV7Nqst.jpg
    bfIOXPD.jpg
    JHcqKXx.jpg
    psqpyxh.jpg
  • Options

Vie est Grande

I'm always forgetting that when you are in build mode you can sort items. So I'm checking out the options for sorting and I see the "French Country" theme and I always sort of take these particular items for granted....I guess I've had them for so long and they're mostly base game that they don't lend much to originality anymore. But as I'm looking at them a bit longer and all together as a collection, I had the idea to build a home in the French Country theme and see what it became. This is my attempt to capture that idea, Vie est Grande...Life is Wonderful.

Note: I've found out recently that when you download a lot that has exterior lighting from the Seasons pack that those lights don't necessarily show up when you download the lot. As long as the lot has the little stack of boxes to set their lighting, it can all be done again. I didn't upload this with the exterior lighting but I added them afterwards for nice images to post here. Also, I upload my lots and them download them again to see if anything I used MOO on has disappeared. I fix everything so that you don't need to have MOO to play the lot. Another thing to mention is that if you have a Sim create some floral arrangements and add custom vases, those vases do not stick when you download the lot. So this lot has a number of floral arrangements and if you will have to customize the vases as you like if you download this lost. I think I covered it all.

I'm always up for some feedback. Don't be mean but tell me if you see things to improve upon. I'd like to be a great builder/designer and get some of the Maxis attention. Back in Sims 2 I had 4 or 5 spotlight lots and I was a resident artist on an independent Sims site as well. I don't have a lot of goals in my life that really excite me but I love creating lots that players will enjoy playing.

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/16EBBEF14E7011E984216B74343DD635?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

GSeNFpD.jpg
    z7j3t1n.jpg
    FHixrrV.jpg
    f9fb4bf.jpg
    pQTTd6b.jpg
    gW8Ybq3.jpg
    6A7RDdS.jpg
    NfMDUyK.jpg

qtjFefn.jpg
    5ZVGKzB.jpg
    LWtaVb5.jpg

yvfRGPD.jpg
    RiOFwbO.jpg
    LMDlBDD.jpg
    11wkWe4.jpg

luX9ljo.jpg
    RNNkZTP.jpg
    UrfVMID.jpg

v602aNt.jpg
    ng6bYJ2.jpg
    fUn8RPP.jpg
    Uc5nR57.jpg
    O479l30.jpg
    Fi1rVxa.jpg
    xYDA22H.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Both builds are very nice! :) The bird cage exterior design of the Lounge is very creatively great! Very nice design ot the exterior, and the glass windows and roofing are very nice! Very nice two flights of stairs entrance to the venue! Very elegant interior of the Lounge! The black and white colour scheme is very nice! It looks very nice the way the dining tables have been set up there. The candles are very pretty on the table top, and the string lights are lovely on the windows! Very nice bar counter area! The giraffe lamp is a nice touch on the counter. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    Vie est Grande is a very lovely French Country Manor! :) The exterior design is very lovely and the landscaping work is very beautiful ! Very lovely outdoors areas! The furnishing of the interior is very calming. restful, warm, and homely! The colours used are lovely! Very nice layout of the interior! :)
  • Options

Ol' Gabby's Dockside

Ol' Gabby is a figure you get in the Mysterious Time Capsules that Sims dig up in random places. I've always like Ol' Gabby and in my head I sort of created a back story for him. This is the dive bar that Ol' Gabby "allegedly" uses as a front to launder Simoleans for his shadier "entrepreneurial endeavors." Seemed fitting it should be on the docks.

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/593F12FD525E11E98B696B74343DD635?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false

d7W8UDH.jpg
    JcVCqG7.jpg
    2KTXypT.jpg
    4nzJouP.jpg
    6hbLFWr.jpg
    XWSwyqa.jpg
    3tsXpDc.jpg
    INzyICr.jpg
    4i34gwm.jpg
    pssKFmH.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    some beautiful lots! I went through your gallery and grabbed a few just the other day. also love your signature as I'm a Sagittarius!
    6riwm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top