Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE SIMS 4 PETITION

Comments

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I haven't bought anything at all, and will not.

I originally said that I wouldn't buy until the game became something that I would enjoy too, but it's my current opinion that it never will, so they wont get my money for this iteration. I spent hundreds maybe leading to over a thousand dollars over the 7 years on TS3 and would have been quite happy to do so with TS4, budget willing, had it been a decent game. But for me it isn't at all. I know my money is only a tiny droplet in the bucket to EA, but it's still a tiny amount they wont get.

Despite my not owning it, I will still sign my deep disapproval.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Signed.

Nothing in this game appeals to me, so I didn't buy it nor did I try it.
  • Options
    Mikado-chanMikado-chan Posts: 108 Member
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Maybe the developers should make an in-depth post about what their vision for the Sims 4 actually is. How would they play the game? What do they think makes the game fun and interesting to keep on playing? What are they trying to accomplish, in terms of a cohesive game, with all the expansions and new features? What do they imagine a completed Sims 4 game would offer? And how does that compare with previous Sims games?

I honestly don't think they play. Not as a game to enjoy at home anyway.

OT: I never said I signed. It won't make a difference but go ahead and sign me up. I can't be bothered stating everything that's wrong with this game anymore. Everyone else has already said it in one way, shape, or form. My only involvement with this game is the forum. I don't believe there will ever be a point where I will feel this iteration is for me for too many reasons. Most of which, I don't believe they can or will implement what I want.
    Drake said yesterday she plays for hours on end...when asked about how she dealt with culling she just said her sims aren't very social though :u
    How does she manage to make those sims not social?

I'd like to know what she does to have fun. The sims 4 basically outside of social-party doesn't leave much gameplay style freedom without becaming a grindy boring repetition in a few hours. Is not like there is much family play or activities at home, for what I have played. :/

I don't really believe her she's playing for so many hours... If she did, she would notice that this game is not playable without mods.
  • Options
    SajahiSajahi Posts: 17 Member
    Signed.
    For all the reasons already stated, each sim is pretty much a copy of the other traits do exactly nothing because the 'emotions' ovewhelm everything and change too rapidly. Sims 2 sims were more complex in their emotions and behavior heck even Sims 3 sims were more emotional and we didn't even need a large coloured sign telling us they were happy or sad.

Sims 4 is the only sims game I have ever regretted buying and paying the full price for, it wasn't worth it, even with the so called free additions that came after launch. I used to play sims 1,2 &3 for weeks on end I struggle to play 4 for a few hours it's just...vastly underwhelming.
  • Options
    andersson01andersson01 Posts: 193 Member
    edited July 2016
    If Sims 3 wasn't so crapfull of freeze bugs and other stuff I'd play that instead. In Sims 4 all sims runs around grinning like idiots which makes them look too similar and their behavior leaves a lot to desire.

Sit down and eat? Fine go ahead and swipe that plate from under their nose and not a reaction.

I'll just use that public bathroom on the other side of the road instead of the luxurous one just next to me because why not?

Not to mention all those issues that actually make the interesting sandbox stuff annoying. Such as personel at your restaurant / shop getting angry if you don't personally send them home / close the shop on the exact minute.

And... two sims playing a game... most of the time they don't even finish before one of them walks off or breaks it in some way...
    The world would be a much better place without me... I can't allow that! >:D
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Maybe the developers should make an in-depth post about what their vision for the Sims 4 actually is. How would they play the game? What do they think makes the game fun and interesting to keep on playing? What are they trying to accomplish, in terms of a cohesive game, with all the expansions and new features? What do they imagine a completed Sims 4 game would offer? And how does that compare with previous Sims games?

I honestly don't think they play. Not as a game to enjoy at home anyway.

OT: I never said I signed. It won't make a difference but go ahead and sign me up. I can't be bothered stating everything that's wrong with this game anymore. Everyone else has already said it in one way, shape, or form. My only involvement with this game is the forum. I don't believe there will ever be a point where I will feel this iteration is for me for too many reasons. Most of which, I don't believe they can or will implement what I want.
    Drake said yesterday she plays for hours on end...when asked about how she dealt with culling she just said her sims aren't very social though :u
    How does she manage to make those sims not social?

I think her playstyle is very similar to mine. I play one family and I don't rotate. Most of my socializing remains within my one family. The rest of the sims in my neighborhood are simply there to provide background filler. I don't check in on those other households. Occasionally I'll have one of my sims visit another sim or invite other sims over but that's the extent of my socializing outside of the family.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    I disapprove of the direction and vision of this game, and am swearing now to buy nothing more until we see another EP*

* if pets and seasons/weathers are included with a GP , I will get those as they are pretty much musts for me, even if I disapprove of the entire vision overall.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SandunSandun Posts: 94 Member

Signed. I never liked the game to begin with. It’s not sandbox and caters towards a very limited number of playstyles. Animations and gameplay are simplified to an extent I highly dislike. I dislike the goal oriented gameplay. I dislike the lack of ways to customize and the lack of a lot of other things, toddlers among them.
    But I started to hate the patches. They always broke things or introduced features not working as intended. I highly dislike all kinds of culling and even more the fact that they are introduces as features. I cannot understand a game that works like that.

I haven’t bought more than two packs after the base game, but never played the game much. This year I only fired up the game to try out new patches. The april one invested my saves and even new saves with glowfruit trees. I de-installed TS4 a month ago and that was that …….. I’ll stick to TS3 and I’ll have to wait and see what will happen in the future. Maybe there will be no TS5, or it will be similar to TS4. Maybe the Sims will go on mobile only. Who knows? I guess I will be around as long as I’ll be able to play my TS3. And after that I will have to find myself another hobby.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    There's only one way to sign your disapproval and that is by not buying. And I have sinned. Because the game desperately needs all the gameplay content you can get and that's I think the biggest issue I'm disapproving with.

I have also already signed my disapproval in the manner you suggest, although I foolishly bought the base game (at the original price) and GTW I have bought nothing else.

Same here.

--T
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2016
    Sandun wrote: »
    Signed. I never liked the game to begin with. It’s not sandbox and caters towards a very limited number of playstyles. Animations and gameplay are simplified to an extent I highly dislike. I dislike the goal oriented gameplay. I dislike the lack of ways to customize and the lack of a lot of other things, toddlers among them.
    But I started to hate the patches. They always broke things or introduced features not working as intended. I highly dislike all kinds of culling and even more the fact that they are introduces as features. I cannot understand a game that works like that.

I haven’t bought more than two packs after the base game, but never played the game much. This year I only fired up the game to try out new patches. The april one invested my saves and even new saves with glowfruit trees. I de-installed TS4 a month ago and that was that …….. I’ll stick to TS3 and I’ll have to wait and see what will happen in the future. Maybe there will be no TS5, or it will be similar to TS4. Maybe the Sims will go on mobile only. Who knows? I guess I will be around as long as I’ll be able to play my TS3. And after that I will have to find myself another hobby.

I sincerely hope another company will pick this concept up and deliver in a way that blows all previous sims games out of the water. It's time to evolve the game and take it to new levels. This company has stagnated and obviously run out of fresh ideas. A new outlook is desperately needed at this time and I'd be willing to see what another developer's 'vision' would be.

I'd drop all my Sims games like a hat on a windy day if it appealed to me.

I'm not even going to be one of those who says I'll wait until this game appeals to me for two reasons:
    1. I highly doubt this engine is capable of delivering a rich experience.
    2. I've chosen not to buy anything more for this game. If, by some miracle, it suddenly becomes what I want, I can only imagine the amount of money I would have to spend to catch up. It is enough to discourage me to want to. I imagine by that time, I would most likely need to buy most of it as it's all been torn to bits and offered to us in small handfuls throughout all the packs. This does not change my feelings toward my decision to stop supporting the game though. It's too late to have my doubts regarding potential that may never come to realization.

These days, I find reading the threads about the new packs more entertaining than actually playing any of the packs I have purchased for S4. I've had no desire to purchase any of them myself for quite some time and that isn't going to change. My disappointment has trumped all desire to give this game any more chances.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    amyvityamyvity Posts: 87 Member
    I don't plan on owning this game. I have played the demo. I have played it at friend's houses. It isn't worth the money.

-No toddlers. This is a simulation game, isn't it? So why would a baby go to a child in one birthday?
    -Lack of expansions. Why do I feel like TS4 is more focused on stuff packs than expansions? It makes no sense.
    -Characters look more cartoon like. I feel like I'm playing a human version of Toon Town that is based around life.
    -No open world. I shouldn't have to stare at a loading screen for my Sim to go somewhere.

There you have it. That's all that I think is wrong with the game.
    Visit me on the Sims 3 website!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2016
    amyvity wrote: »
    I don't plan on owning this game. I have played the demo. I have played it at friend's houses. It isn't worth the money.

-No toddlers. This is a simulation game, isn't it? So why would a baby go to a child in one birthday?
    -Lack of expansions. Why do I feel like TS4 is more focused on stuff packs than expansions? It makes no sense.
    -Characters look more cartoon like. I feel like I'm playing a human version of Toon Town that is based around life.
    -No open world. I shouldn't have to stare at a loading screen for my Sim to go somewhere.

There you have it. That's all that I think is wrong with the game.
    Wow then why play the game I am so sorry that a loading screen is what you have to stare at. You are all being petty I know this is the feedback section but really you are demanding the sims team to either change the game or scrap the game to get what you all want. Meaning you aren't really open to change because you think there is to many things wrong with the game. That you won't give it a chance and its suppose to be different otherwise no one would buy it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry to say this but me i aprouve the sims4 as it is so no reason to complain hereyou should accept the sims4 as it is its more modern and not like the pass version of the game if the sims4 was like the previous sims game it would be boring and the current version of the sims4 is not its better
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    the current version of the sims4 is not its better

*shrugs*

Says you.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I don't get why it matters so much that some people don't like this game. It certainly doesn't bother me that people do like it.

All I'll say though, like someone else said best to just move on to avoid getting the thread closed.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Really - is this ironic or what - some people step into a thread clearly set for us to show we disapprove of this game and why - then you last two step into the thread to disapprove of us. Now who's being PETTY?

Reading comprehension isn't everyone's strong point. :\
    Wow then why play the game...

They said they didn't.

EDIT: quotes got messed up.
  • Options

*shrugs*

Says you.
    So sims 4 isn't up to par for you so you have to complain about it? I realize that it doesn't have everything past games have. You have no idea what the sims team wanted you don't work for them. Personally me I was never going to move on to the sims 4 because I didn't want the game to be anything like past games and I don't sit here complaining about things that are missing because I don't miss them. Toddler hated create a style don't miss open worlds hated with a passion.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    z0mg_z0mbiez0mg_z0mbie Posts: 84 Member
    i just wish we had open world. i only have base game right now so my worlds are small.
  • Options

*shrugs*

Says you.
    So sims 4 isn't up to par for you so you have to complain about it? I realize that it doesn't have everything past games have. You have no idea what the sims team wanted you don't work for them. Personally me I was never going to move on to the sims 4 because I didn't want the game to be anything like past games and I don't sit here complaining about things that are missing because I don't miss them. Toddler hated create a style don't miss open worlds hated with a passion.

A game doesn't have to be the same to be better. That's all I'm going to say to you as I have no idea why you're hanging out in a thread you obviously disapprove of.

You won't change our minds.
  • Options
    Really - is this ironic or what - some people step into a thread clearly set for us to show we disapprove of this game and why - then you last two step into the thread to disapprove of us. Now who's being PETTY?

Also friendlysimmers - why on earth does anyone have to accept anything we PAY real money for because it bears the Sims series name? Really? Now I have heard everything. Sorry but I stopped being mindless when I was around 2 or 3 I believe. Paying my own money for something that does not live up to the standards of The SIMS series would make me a very foolish girl I think.
    Its been 2 years almost if it not up to your standards why are you still playing? No one is forcing you to buy the game or any other content that has been released for it.If you choose to buy it then you are to blame because if you don't like it why put money into the franchise you aren't satisfied with their content.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2016
    I don't get why it matters so much that some people don't like this game. It certainly doesn't bother me that people do like it.

All I'll say though, like someone else said best to just move on to avoid getting the thread closed.

THE THREAD is about disapproval of the game - so if anyone would get it closed it would be your post disapproving of us - don't you think?

ETA - Correction, my mistake the writer was writing to the ones disapproving of us. Again sorry about that Polyrhythm.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2016

Also friendlysimmers - why on earth does anyone have to accept anything we PAY real money for because it bears the Sims series name? Really? Now I have heard everything. Sorry but I stopped being mindless when I was around 2 or 3 I believe. Paying my own money for something that does not live up to the standards of The SIMS series would make me a very foolish girl I think.
    Its been 2 years almost if it not up to your standards why are you still playing? No one is forcing you to buy the game or any other content that has been released for it.If you choose to buy it then you are to blame because if you don't like it why put money into the franchise you aren't satisfied with their content.

Okay. One more response to you and that will be all.

Again. Reading comprehension: Try it sometime. You might actually enjoy it.

Read carefully:

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member

THE THREAD is about disapproval of the game - so if anyone would get it closed it would be your post disapproving of us - don't you think?
    Please reread...I've posted in here several times about my disapproval of the game. I'm referring to others constantly coming in to say our opinions are wrong and we should "accept the game".
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png