Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Kindness Bench for SimLit Writers - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    i don't think calling your friends gooofballs is what cathtea meant by kindness. but i'm the young rebel so like ayden i don't play by rules everytime. lol.

You're forgetting my legacy is called "Goofy Love," and the exemplar trait is goofball! "Goofball" is high praise in my lexicon! :)

@friendsfan367 see? Even @CathyTea approves of my trait. ;)

despite being only a hour a part time wise sometimes we aren't here together.

that reminds me . teasing sing song voice. sis works tomorrow and i don't.

she said i could tease her about that when my hours changed.

Yeah, but guess what? We're going out for a holiday office lunch at a really fun Mexican restaurant in a really nice part of town! And... our boss is paying! :o So, super fun day! Plus, I seriously love my work and am happy on the days I go into the office. I get to do fun stuff all afternoon! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i don't think calling your friends gooofballs is what cathtea meant by kindness. but i'm the young rebel so like ayden i don't play by rules everytime. lol.

You're forgetting my legacy is called "Goofy Love," and the exemplar trait is goofball! "Goofball" is high praise in my lexicon! :)

Yeah, but guess what? We're going out for a holiday office lunch at a really fun Mexican restaurant in a really nice part of town! And... our boss is paying! :o So, super fun day! Plus, I seriously love my work and am happy on the days I go into the office. I get to do fun stuff all afternoon! :)

as long as your not working on a big project. then you whine that you shouldn't have to go to lunch because you have to much to do. :)

that was just a year ago. but seriously have fun.
  • Options

as long as your not working on a big project. then you whine that you shouldn't have to go to lunch because you have to much to do. :)

I know. That was so hard. When I come back from winter break, I'll have the second half of that same big project, but now it's more in my control, so I feel a lot better about it. Plus now, I've got a boss I really like! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Okay, I am sick today, so couldn't join my cousins for sailing (great because I'm rather good at it), which meant I've been stuck at the lodge with nothing to do, but binge read @chalicen 's story. Not bad considering it was rather addictive and I am also a fan of Yuki. XD I am also a fan of historical settings, although I know you're not exactly going for a historical setting - it still sort of has that feeling about it.
    Okay, I'm going. See you all briefly this Saturday, hopefully I've got over my ear-ache by then :D and happy birthday @MedleyMisty , @Acarb90 and @AuroraLockwood . XD
    Also, thanks @CathyTea for your kind words two days ago. Hopefully I won't be popping on here early again. (Super annoying to be sick on holiday!) :D

Bit plum that your sick on holiday. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Aww thanks @Bugsie2016 . :)

:)
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2017
    How's everyone to-day?
    @simscognito
    Feel better soon!
  • Options

I know. That was so hard. When I come back from winter break, I'll have the second half of that same big project, but now it's more in my control, so I feel a lot better about it. Plus now, I've got a boss I really like! :)

i like our new gm too. saturday she got annoyed because i took my break late and she got annoyed but when i point out its at 2 she says stuff like deliver this. so yesterday i took it on time then clocked out on time. but in between i had to do the dishes by hand because the dishwasher was broke. but i got them done which impressed her. she high fived me. i think i'm the opposite of you your in charge of peope who are probably some younger than you and the people who tell me what to do are younger than me. just guessing i might not be right.
  • Options

i like our new gm too. saturday she got annoyed because i took my break late and she got annoyed but when i point out its at 2 she says stuff like deliver this. so yesterday i took it on time then clocked out on time. but in between i had to do the dishes by hand because the dishwasher was broke. but i got them done which impressed her. she high fived me. i think i'm the opposite of you your in charge of peope who are probably some younger than you and the people who tell me what to do are younger than me. just guessing i might not be right.

Well, I'm not really in charge of people at my job--I used to be, but I'm not crazy about being a manager. So now, I'm just in charge of projects and I work with people, not having them work for me. I've had so many bosses! For the past seven years, my bosses have been younger than me. I sort of like it, because it means they're respectful when they give me projects! :)

That's cool that your boss high-fived you! She's probably impressed you can do dishes by hand!

• Options

Well, I'm not really in charge of people at my job--I used to be, but I'm not crazy about being a manager. So now, I'm just in charge of projects and I work with people, not having them work for me. I've had so many bosses! For the past seven years, my bosses have been younger than me. I sort of like it, because it means they're respectful when they give me projects! :)

That's cool that your boss high-fived you! She's probably impressed you can do dishes by hand!

we finally got a gm a few months ago but were still down 1 manager the one that quit to go in to social work.

that was why she high fived me. but i got the dishes done they were just wet becauseits the washer that dries them.

so we both like our jobs even though they challenge us.
  • Options

we finally got a gm a few months ago but were still down 1 manager the one that quit to go in to social work.

that was why she high fived me. but i got the dishes done they were just wet becauseits the washer that dries them.

Yup! :)

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,128 Member
    @simscognito Aww man...being sick su'cks sometimes! :confounded:
    I hope you are feeling better now.

Oh and I wanted to let you know I started reading your story. :) I just finished Chapter 2 and love the suspense already! :smiley: So many questions going through my mind right now! You write very well and it all flows quite nicely.
    I'll try to throw out random comments while I can (been so busy lately getting ready for Christmas).
    But yeah I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying it. :)

Happy writing my friends.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

you finally used a word i don't have to look up. lol.

but i love you even when i have to look things up.

i wonder if its bad i'm crossing my fingers i won't have to work sunday. i'm on the schedule but its christmas eve.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Aww, thanks @emorrill for starting my story. I'm actually really excited to check for updates for yours in the new year. I'm a real fan of sims 3 literature - I think it's mostly because I started with sims 3 Lit - a very long time ago. Okay, not sure if that was good English. :D I'm still not exactly well yet, but getting better. I actually made it to the beach yesterday, so I'm stoked. :D
  • Options
    *sits on the bench and rests*

[rant incoming]

I downloaded Hollow Knight today! What fun!
    I've totally missed the unique kind of rage that drives me to slam my laptop shut!

I just wanted to rant somewhere. The difficulty is very very high. It hurts.
    I love the game visually, as well as the story, and I want to be able to boast tell I've cleared it one day. I just need to breathe, and keep retrying trying. Again.

[I sincerely recommend HK. The devs care for their creations, aren't greedy, and the game itself definitely evokes the nervous system.]

Anyways, I feel like I need to fill my hollow, disappointed head with something, so I'm heading to do some carefree simming. In the meantime, would someone else wish to share their rage quit experiences? Could we laugh at our fails together?
    Sincerely, Eorz

• Options
    lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,284 Member
    @For_Eorzea
    Planet. Plumming. Coaster. I don't have the time, patience OR self-esteem to do anything even remotely good on it. I've ragequit the last five times I've tried to play. Maybe I should try again now I'm on holiday...
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • Options
    @lillibattenberg and @For_Eorzea I don't have the patience or constitution for high-stress games... I did just get Unravel today as a Christmas present for me and my boyfriend! I'd wanted it when it first came out, but my old laptop couldn't handle it. My new laptop loves it.

So far I'm really early in the game--in the tutorial section, actually--and I can do it. But I'm wondering what will happen when the puzzles become tricky! I'm hoping my boyfriend will help me puzzle things out--and it's also possible that neither of us will have the patience for it! :)

• Options
    @For_Eorzea
    Planet. Plumming. Coaster. I don't have the time, patience OR self-esteem to do anything even remotely good on it. I've ragequit the last five times I've tried to play. Maybe I should try again now I'm on holiday...

Go for it! I believe in you! I passed my first seven rage-quit inducing parts of the game after a few hours of struggle, and now as I approach my second boss fight - well, the enemy before the boss has murdered me about nine times now, so - whee goes the laptop, out of the window.

(I highly doubt I have even the mildest hopes of ever reaching Greenpath...)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    normally (well since 2007) Mom and I normally go to the Christmas church service but this year we aren't and Mom says to make up for it I could help wrap presents, but it's like 6pm and she hasn't asked me to help yet (and she's dealing with supper at the moment).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

i wonder if its bad i'm crossing my fingers i won't have to work sunday. i'm on the schedule but its christmas eve.

i got my wish i'm here on sunday.
  • Options

Hi, Sis! Merry Christmas Eve! How's the new recliner?

• Options
    @lillibattenberg and @For_Eorzea I don't have the patience or constitution for high-stress games... I did just get Unravel today as a Christmas present for me and my boyfriend! I'd wanted it when it first came out, but my old laptop couldn't handle it. My new laptop loves it.

So far I'm really early in the game--in the tutorial section, actually--and I can do it. But I'm wondering what will happen when the puzzles become tricky! I'm hoping my boyfriend will help me puzzle things out--and it's also possible that neither of us will have the patience for it! :)

Hi Cathy! I recently watched a full playthrough of Unravel, and I believe you will love it. The narrating is absolutely beautiful, and since I know you're a delightful human being, I expect you to grow fond of lil' Yarnie. Aw, now I want the game, too...

I'm developing a love-hate relationship with Hollow Knight. I've already spoiled myself the heck outta it months ago, so I know all the lore etc. but hadn't really given thought to how difficult it is. I used to think losing to an enemy more than twice is a sign of failure, but now I pat my back after every succesful dodging maneuver even if the fight ended in my demise. And I'm learning all the time! It feels incredible.
  • Options
    @For_Eorzea Ah! That sounds like so much fun! It's interesting to me how hard so many games are now--I've heard from other serious gamers that they seldom get through after the first or even fifth try on a lot of battles!

I'm so glad you're endorsing Unravel! It's super beautiful, and I love the easy, thoughtful pace of it! I think it will be my evening game, when I'm winding down from writing.

• Options

Hi, Sis! Merry Christmas Eve! How's the new recliner?

i must love it i haven't been here much.
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Has anyone played Cuphead? It's not the hardest game, but since I'm pretty bad at games I raged quite a bit while trying to clear it :D