Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited July 2020
    @Koteyka Good Omens is so, well, good <3 I have to admit that I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the last two episodes - I know episode five has the bookshop fire and uses one of my all-time favourite Queen songs and honestly, I'm just not emotionally prepared for it XD

Anyway. Yeah, that reasoning for Tony not returning as a ghost makes sense. Spirit guide, maybe? Just a way to keep an eye on his family.

Man, that's a hell of an opening line. But yeah, I mean... what do you say? "I've got nothing else to live for." Um, your kids? Peter might be a young adult, but Morgan needs a parent, dangit. Glad Thor finally spoke some sense into him, seriously. The scene with Thor and Steve at the end is just the sweetest thing <3

@sunblond the Jangs have such a cool place, seriously. Glad Than had a great trip, and the scene with Omar's mother is so sweet!

And heh, Siobhan's just having some... teething issues, haha. She'll enjoy it a lot more once she gets past the dumpster diving and fighting fabricators!

Now, something a little different - a fic! This is set in my Simsta-verse, which I had to move off the forums for some of the content. The fic itself, however, is totally safe to post!

Context and explanations!
    Caleb, Lilith, and Johnny live together in San Myshuno; over the past couple of months, Lilith has been training in Forgotten Hollow, where she's met her great-great-grandfather, Raylan Lange (basically, trailer!Caleb, who acted very differently. The name 'Raylan Lange', dark form, aspiration of Serial Romantic, and traits of Romantic, Outgoing, and Self-Assured were shown in one of the trailers when they were showing off CAS, I just made him a separate character).

Caleb and Lilith are still pretty young - they're 23 here, and were only turned four years earlier. Lilith is quite happy to be a vampire, Caleb is, um, not. Their parents, Dahlia and Chester, live down in Brindleton Bay; 49-year-old Dahlia is in the third trimester of a very unexpected pregnancy. They have a dog named Tiramisu. Chester's parents are Maria and Emanuele 'Manny' Vatore. Manny's father was Alessio Vatore, who everyone assumed was the son of Isabella and Guglielmo Vatore; unbeknownst to everyone but Isabella and Raylan, Alessio was their son, the product of an affair. Raylan never got to know Alessio, he and Isabella didn't want to get her in trouble with Guglielmo (who was much older).

Following Lilith returning back to San Myshuno for Pride, Raylan is now coming down from the Hollow to meet his great-great-grandson Caleb, great-grandson Chester, and grandson Manny for the first time.

mmlSNHw.png

Reunion
    Uptown, San Myshuno
    6th July 2018, 6:18 PM

Caleb isn't really expecting the fancy car.

Come to think of it, he's not entirely sure what he's expecting. For all Lilith has reassured him about Raylan Lange, there remains more than a hint of wariness towards his great-great-grandfather.

A vampire, and one who has been around for a long time. A hundred and ninety years, Lilith says; he's older than anyone they would have met before, save for Elle and Straud himself.

And more than that, he's family. Lilith has already told him about their resemblance. His genes, his blood - they're his inheritance from Raylan.

He and Lilith are waiting at street level, the vast bulk of Uptown shadowing behind them, when the car pulls up. Lilith grins, bounces a little on the balls of her feet as she opens the front door. "Take the front seat," she tells Caleb, then pokes her head in. "Hey!"

"Hi, Lilith," comes the warm voice from inside, and Caleb starts, because it's so much like his own. "I trust you had a good time?"

"Oh yeah," she smiles, then steps back. "Raylan, this is Caleb!"

They look so similar, like looking in the mirrors that neither of them can use. Caleb blinks. Raylan isn't identical - his face is a little more narrow, skin a touch paler. Eyes a slightly different shape and grey, not brown. His hair is longer, tossed over one shoulder. It's the same chestnut colour, though, and the way he smiles is familiar, the shape of his nose, the brows.

Caleb had inherited those traits from his father. Here is living (or unliving, at least) evidence of where it came from.

"Hey," he says nervously.

Lilith gives him a little shove; Caleb nearly falls into the front passenger seat. Raylan only chuckles. "It's good to finally meet you."

"Yeah. Weird as hell, though," Caleb says with a nervous laugh, righting himself in the seat and buckling up.

"Mm." Raylan is still staring. "My goodness. It's one thing knowing I have descendants. Quite another seeing someone who takes so thoroughly after you."

Lilith leans forward from the back seat. "Yeah, I got the Palermo genes from Mum," she confirms. "Caleb looks a ton like Dad, who looks a ton like Nonno."

"Who, presumably, got his appearance from Alessio," Raylan murmurs, and pulls out into the street. "Goodness. I do wonder what Guglielmo must have thought."

Caleb glances back at Lilith; she nods. Alessio, Raylan's son; Alessio, Caleb and Lilith's great-grandfather. And Guglielmo Vatore, family patriarch, from whom Caleb and Lilith inherited a surname and absolutely nothing else.

"Well," she eventually says, "I guess Nonno might know. Guglielmo was around until he was twenty, or something."

Raylan hums, tapping his fingertips on the steering wheel. "Mm. Honestly, I would rather learn more about Alessio," he admits, then falls quiet again.

It's a sore spot, Caleb realises, and sits back in the plush car seat. He knows enough of Raylan's story, now, to understand what he must be thinking; while he will be able to meet his grandson and great-grandson and has now met his great-great-grandson, Raylan has never known his own son.

"I like your car," Caleb says, in lieu of bringing up more painful thoughts.

Raylan glances over and grins a pointed smile. "I do like my cars," he says with a laugh. "Had a lovely Cadillac Coupe deVille in the early sixties. I did have my eye on a gorgeous Chrysler Imperial in the fifties, but it was a touch out of my price range back then. Still, my stocks have been doing pretty well, I might investigate and see if I can find another..."

(Caleb fights to keep his eyes from glazing over. He is decidedly Not A Car Person, despite the invitation; he hasn't even driven since moving to the city.)

Raylan has asked a question, and Caleb blinks to focus again. "What?"

"I said, do you mind music?"

"Oh! Nah, go for it."

Nodding, Raylan taps the sound system. Touch screen, bright blue LEDs, and, of all things, some classical piece bursting from multiple speakers around the car. Caleb jumps a little, glances over his shoulder to see Lilith looking bemused.

It's surreal. The fancy, high-tech car, the classical music, the conversation. He wonders if he'll be like this, this mismatched collection of traits when he's Raylan's age, and forcibly shuts the thought down.

"Tchaikovsky's violin concerto in D major," Raylan says, tapping the steering wheel to the music. There's a blissful smile on his face. "Itzhak Plumbman's 1984 performance. I had the privilege of seeing him perform once, his technique is impeccable."

"Raylan plays the violin," Lilith chirps from the back seat. "I'm trying to see if I can get him to play something composed in, like, the last century."

He's sitting in a fancy car that probably costs more than he'll ever be able to afford, listening to a violin concerto with his nearly two hundred-year-old great-great-grandfather. Caleb simply laughs in disbelief, sits back, and enjoys the ride.

The Old Boathouse, Brindleton Bay
    6th July 2018, 7:36 PM

By the time they reach Caleb and Lilith's parents' house in Brindleton Bay, he's managed to relax; Raylan, conversely, is now the one looking anxious. He glances out the tinted window at the house, frowns, rubs his fingertips down his bare forearms.

"The sun's nearly set," Lilith says reassuringly; Caleb nods once as the tinted windows begin making more sense. "So you should be fine just going from the car to the house, right?"

Raylan makes a little uncertain sound. "I know," he murmurs, then shakes his head. "Do you think... this will go well?"

Caleb and Lilith exchange a glance. It's the closest Raylan has come to uncertainty, the unspoken, will they like me? heavy in his voice.

"Yeah, they will." Lilith's voice is firm. "You're family, and you've already proven yourself with helping me. Come on, I wanna see Nonna and Nonno."

She jumps out of the car, opens Raylan's door, practically drags him out. Raylan has just enough time to give Caleb a bemused look before he's hauled out of the car; Caleb laughs and steps out himself.

There's a bark, and Caleb drops to one knee as Tiramisu races out, tail going at a million miles an hour. "Hey, cutie!" he coos, "Wow, you've got so big!"

It was only a few months ago he could easily pick her up, a tiny puppy with lopsided ears. Now, she happily 🐸🐸🐸🐸 his cheek then sprints off to sniff curiously at Raylan, smiling cautiously and holding one hand out for her.

"Hi, Tira," Lilith smiles, scritching behind her ears and glancing back up at the open door. "Hey, Dad!"

Chester smiles warmly at his twins, accepting Lilith's hug. "Hey, guys," he says fondly, then fixes his gaze on Raylan. "And you must be Raylan!"

If it's weird for Caleb, it'd be weird for his father, too. At least Caleb and Raylan look to be a similar age; Chester is now face to face with his great-grandfather, who wears a face that looks even younger than him.

"Chester," Raylan says with a smile, reaching out to shake his hand. "I can't say what a pleasure it is to meet everyone."

"You haven't met everyone yet," Chester points out with a grin. "Come on - come meet your grandson!"

Dad is good like that, Caleb thinks. Artists seem to have some innate skill at looking at someone and immediately getting what they're about, picking up their essence, and knowing what to say to put them at ease. Lilith has the same skill; Maria, Caleb's Nonna, does as well.

Briefly, he wonders if his future sibling will take more after him or after their passionate, fiery mother, Dahlia.

The living room is small. Dahlia is settled on the sofa, hands over her belly; she's a lot bigger than the last time they saw each other. Beside her is Maria, next to Maria is Caleb's grandfather Emanuele, called Manny by all who know him.

Raylan's grandson. They certainly do like grandfather and grandson, yes, just not in the ways they actually are.

They get settled in. Lilith chats to Maria about her latest paintings, Caleb settles next to his mother and starts questioning - in the nicest way he can - about if she's resting enough, if she's taking her medication, how the last few appointments have gone. Dahlia is chuckling, answering his interrogation good-naturedly; they're both watching Raylan approach Manny out of the corners of their eyes.

Grandfather and grandson, just not the way people expect.

"Well," Nonno begins, gazing up at his grandfather, "For a start, Alessio always did love music..."

The Old Boathouse, Brindleton Bay
    6th July 2018, 10:02 PM

Quieter, now. Caleb, Lilith, and Raylan sit on the stairs of the back porch, listening to the waves rolling in and the cicadas sing through the night. Raylan looks almost drunk on his delight; he has spent hours in the company of his living descendants.

Chester is driving his parents back to their hotel for the night, not wanting to take the train back up to Windenburg that late at night. Dahlia has retreated to bed under strict orders by Lilith. She, Caleb, and Raylan are still wide awake and fully alert, vampires who don't need to sleep, who find the night their home.

Even Caleb. Even he can't resist the comfort of night skies, now.

"So," Raylan says slowly, "Explain to me again what these... chrome things are?"

"Chromosomes?" Caleb confirms, and Raylan nods. "Okay. Well, uh, I don't have a medical degree, but they're basically the bits that make people... look like people, I guess. And the traits you inherit come from those - you get half from each parent. So, like," he adds, glancing back at him, "I would have got the chromosomes that make my nose and mouth and hair colour look like that from Dad, who got them from Nonno, who got them from Alessio, who got them from you."

Raylan looks briefly pleased at that. "That much I understand. To be honest, I'm wondering if Dahlia's child's..." He pauses briefly. "Ah, 'problems' were inherited from me."

Lilith shakes her head. "No, there can be all sorts of copy errors," she says reassuringly, and reaches out to pat his hand. "And the older the mother, the more problems you can get. And three copies of chromosome 21 instead of two is super common in older mothers."

"I have bets on him inheriting our hair colour," Caleb grins, "But yeah, no, Down syndrome just kind of happens. Most important part is that we're going to look after him no matter what, right?"

There's determination and pride in Raylan's face, something unspoken but clear as day. "We will." A smile. "I must admit, I already feel quite protective of this child."

Lilith actually laughs, nudges him. "When Mum asked about giving him 'Raylan' as a middle name, I thought you were going to cry," she teases.

"The names of ancestors for middle names," Raylan murmurs, and covers his face, almost like he'd be covering a blush if he still could. "I have never had anyone named after me."

"You're actually going to meet him, too! I mean, it's not like I met Isabella, and Caleb never met Carina or Antonio. They all died before we were born." She's still buoyant, still smiling; Lilith loves being around family, loves the connections and company. She's thriving on this. "I mean, this is such a cool opportunity! How often do you get to see your family through the generations? You're hanging out with your two great-great-grandkids and you're about to get another. You get to actually see your legacy, not just like... wonder what it'll be like."

Caleb hides a wince. Doesn't raise the thought that's pushed into his head - that, sooner rather than later, he'll see his grandson die; Nonno is already eighty. Will eventually see his great-grandson follow him. One day, not too far away for someone pushing two centuries, he'll see his great-great-grandson die, too.

And where from there? Caleb won't be having kids, and it's very unlikely his little brother will either. Would Lilith risk it, having children, knowing she would outlive them?

Would that legacy end with them, leaving Raylan and Caleb and Lilith to linger, like ghosts amidst the bare branches of the family tree?

For Raylan, having descendants has just been a concept for so long. Now he's spending time with family, and nearly all of them are mortal. What will he do, Caleb wonders, when he realises just what that will involve?

And perhaps Raylan realises that, because he's quiet for a long, lingering moment before he nods once. "I intend to make the most of it," he finally says, "Spending time with my family. Thank you, both."

Caleb ducks his head, fiddles with his bracelets.

"Once Chester is back," he continues, and rises from the stairs, "I think we shall be off. We have a long drive ahead."

"Can I drive a bit?" Lilith asks immediately, "It's like an hour back to San My and three hours between San My and the Hollow, you'll probably be tired after we drop off Caleb, I can totally drive, right?"

Raylan looks a little panicked at the idea of someone touching his beloved car. Lilith laughs at his terrified expression. And Caleb, despite himself, smiles and follows his family back inside.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Diary of Roxanne Denney

-Nana’s engaged. Mr. McConnell proposed and she accepted, duh. It happened at the museum and Mr. McConnell is planning to sell his house in Britechester and move closer to us, well, Nana’s family, I guess. He found a mid-century modern he likes with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a pool. He says there will be room for us kids to stay and visit when we get older. Nana wants a backyard wedding here, nothing fancy just family she says. Still, we all need something to wear, right?-

VrXUm78.jpg
    Katrina said yes.

-After school one day, Ranbir showed up. I hadn’t seen or talked to him in, like, forever, so it was a total shock. He said he was going to the museum here The Futures Past, it’s undergone a big renovation recently, for school credit. Anyway since he was in my neighborhood he thought I might like to go with him. He looks older, hairier mostly I guess. I said OK.
    When we got to the museum, it’s really a lot nicer now, we walked around and looked at the exhibits for awhile, then we sat down on one of the padded benches they have. Ranbir said he wanted to explain something to me about before. What he told me was that he had been trying to work up the courage to ask me out on a date, but then his dad lost his job. Things got really tense at home and he had to get a part-time job to help out. He said that he was ashamed, well his whole family was and that’s why he stopped coming over and why he couldn’t ask me over to visit him at the apartment where his family lives either. He felt that if we kept seeing each other that I would want to visit him and he couldn’t let me do that. Which I totally get, I mean both my parents work, but if one lost their job it would be tense at my house too. His mom doesn’t work though so, it was probably way worse for them than it would be for us.
    Anyway, his dad has a new job now and Ranbir still has his part-time job too, so things are back to normal. And he said he thought about me the whole time, and that he missed talking to me and that if I would forgive him, he would like to date me, if that was something that I would be interested in. I took his hand then, and I held it and looked at him, right in the eyes and said, I thought you’d never ask. Then he put his arm around me and pulled me close and we snuggled a bit.
    When we finally got up, he took my hand and, well, then he kissed me, and I kissed him back. Then afterwards, I really kissed him. Our arms around each other and everything, not like the hands and bodies apart only lips touching one before. So, we are dating now.-

VuxRaqo.jpg
    The real kiss.

-Nana decided to wear a light green and white dress, she said she couldn’t bring herself to wear all white. She looked pretty in it, which was what counted, I guess. It was all family, except for Trent Evans. When she asked him to come, she said she told him he didn’t have to, if he would be uncomfortable with just family as the other guests. But her and Jacob, that’s what I’m supposed to call him now, would never have met if it wasn’t for him, and they both wanted to have him there. So he came. I know Trent from bowling, but in all the time we were on the team together, I don’t think we ever talked nearly as much as we did at Nana’s wedding. He told me all about his job and the neo-punk band he was in. He was wearing light blue, a blue and white sweater and light blue pants and dark blue shoes, like that Elvis song. He’s got a new hairstyle that totally works for him. And as I was talking to him I kind of started to think he was cute and stuff. I’m totally into Ranbir now, but still, I had never given much of a look at Trent before. But he seemed way more grown up and self-confident now and it kind of made me take notice. I mean, I would never date him, but some girl should, is all I’m saying.-

2yqTgew.jpg
    The happy couple.

-Tucker asked me if he could come to the Paragon meetings with me and Miranda to swim laps at the pool. Some upperclassman from the swim team told him he had a swimmers build and now he’s decided to try out for the swim team. I said OK, ‘cause I know Mom and dad would never let him go all the way to Windenburg alone and that pool is the biggest one around.
    I made him promise that he would not argue when I said it was time to go and make us late for curfew, and he pinky-sweared on it.
    Then, after the last meeting, I sent Miranda to tell Tucker it was time to go and she didn’t come back. After awhile, I went after them both, and, well, Miranda was talking to a guy, like, a teenager, and she was acting, well, not like she usually does. She kept fiddling with her hair and she touched his arm and stuff as she was talking. I couldn’t see the guy since his back was to me. So, eventually, I did go over to them to tell Miranda we were already late, and got a look at the guy. I introduced myself and found out his name is Dario Hecking. He looks OK, not really handsome, kind of plain looking, normal body, not thin or fat and not muscled. He has black hair and it’s long like Tucker’s.
    When we got home it was past curfew, but before mom could lower the boom on me, I told her about the thing with Miranda and the Hecking boy. And that I couldn’t bring myself to stop them sooner. Mom said she knew the Hecking’s from the gym, like, when she was still single. They’re a mixed race gay couple from Newcrest and she remembers they had an adopted a son. The only other thing she said was, interesting. But, she didn’t punish me for keeping everyone out past curfew either.-

-Now that Nana’s moved out, I go her room upstairs, so everyone has their own room again, and I have, like, my own apartment sort of, which is really cool. However, I also have a lot more responsibilities, when mom and dad are both at work and we kids are home alone, I’m in charge. I have to be totally responsible for the other three. They’re supposed to mind me, but still, it’s kind of a big deal, there are rules, like about who can visit and what we are allowed to do, stuff like that.
    Anyway, last night Dario came over, which is against the rules, but I let him stay, I honestly couldn’t send him away for some reason. I did tell Tucker that he and I were to chaperone Dario and Miranda the whole time and that they were never allowed to be alone together. He didn’t say anything for a minute, then said, I hope you know what you’re doing Roxie, but I’m in.
    When mom got home, I told her, and I was ready for a lecture on the rules again, but she said something I wasn’t expecting. She told me part of being in charge was to follow the rules and also to know when not to, and that we should keep this to ourselves, for now, meaning not to tell dad. Sometimes growing up totally blows, but then sometimes it kind of makes me feel, I don’t know, good or something too.-

-So, Tucker is officially old enough to date now and he immediately asked Daisy Patrick over after school today, plus Dario came over too. It’s suddenly like grand central station here. Dad was totally up in Dario and Marinda’s business the whole time and I know that poor Dario got the, I make people disappear for a living thing he does. I remember it from when Ranbir first started coming around and got again since we started dating, I might add, just in case he somehow forgot. I told mom later that it was totally unfair the way dad ignored Daisy and Tucker and totally focused on Dario and Miranda the whole time. Then she surprised me when she agreed with me. Then she said, that for dad and a lot of other fathers, daughters were treated differently than sons were. And that it totally isn’t fair, but that a lot of things in life aren’t fair and dads have complicated feelings around their daughters and dating. She did add that dad would be having a long man to man talk with Tucker, which would be very embarrassing and unpleasant for him, to trust her on that. That did actually make me feel better.-

lCgsmqb.jpg
    “You know son, I make people disappear without a trace, for a living.”

9w7NwZ6.jpg
    Tucker brags a little, OK, kind of a lot.

-I got a call from an Angela Singleton (Pleasant) about Paragons, she saw our flyer and was interested in joining. So I invited her to our next meeting to get to know her. There are flyers up at the pool about the club and membership as well as some other public places around. Me and Miranda decided to try to let new members come to us instead of us recruiting them. So, Angela is a recent college grad, hasn’t been married that long and just had a baby. And I found out that she and her twin sister both knew Becca and Omar in college. Her and her sister lived close to where Becca and her roommates lived off campus, and Angela and her sister had both known Omar well enough to have had several conversations with him. She said her husband, Thomas, was a little older than her but had just graduated from college, ‘cause he had to go part-time and worked for a maid service to put himself through school. She said he had some great stories about his clients from those days, her favorite was of a mixed race gay couple, who lived in a big white house in Willow Creek with big columns in front. And that one day he caught them buck-naked in a compromising position in the kitchen, when he came to clean. She said he was more amused than upset over it, one was a dark skinned really hairy guy and the other redheaded and freckled and the sight of them just struck him as funny at the time. She said her husband tells it way better and it cracks her up every time he does. Anyway, he got a big tip to keep his mouth shut and he did. Well, till now, ‘cause I totally knew right away it was Uncle Salim and Uncle Kyle, I also knew I had to tell mom and dad, ‘cause it would totally score me a lot of brownie points.
    Angela’s a nice looking sort of girl next door type and I totally decided to let her join, how could I not after that story? So she seemed pretty happy to be in the club, she said she spend most of her time home alone with a baby and getting to talk to other girls would be a welcome change.-

-There was high drama at the fishing club today, I know right? So, thing is, Tucker had Daisy Patrick over a couple times and one time took her fishing, how lame of a date is that? But Beth de Wit was over earlier this week to see Tucker, not about Paragon stuff. So I guess Daisy found out and got upset over it and her mom, who, BTW, is in dad’s fishing club, lit into Tucker for leading her daughter on or something. Dad had to defend Tucker, ‘cause he really didn’t do anything wrong, he and Daisy were not going steady or boyfriend and girlfriend, and there was no agreement to be exclusive or anything. But dad was not happy, ‘cause he kind of had to defend Tucker, but kind of feels bad for the Patrick’s, cause he totally gets where they are coming from, having two daughters himself. Anyway, I am ashamed to say I got some enjoyment over it, I know that’s bad. That it’s just the sibling rivalry thing I have with Tucker, which I totally do not have with Miranda or Austin. Still, watching Tucker squirm through the whole thing with mom and dad was very enjoyable. And I am aware I am not a nice person sometimes.-

-OK, so the Tucker thing got me to thinking, me and Ranbir don’t have any sort of agreement either. I mean I assume he’s not dating anyone else, but I don’t KNOW he isn’t, and I can’t be sure he would tell me if he was. We’re officially dating, but that’s all. So, I’m thinking it’s time to lay some ground rules with him, to make sure we are both on the same page. So I don’t get blindsided like Daisy did.
    Yeah, Ranbir is my boyfriend now. We went to the park, OK, so Ranbir’s not rolling in dough, our dates are on the cheap side, but I’m not with him ‘cause he has a rich family. Anyway, I asked him if he was seeing anyone else, he looked at me like I’d slapped him, then he said, he thought we were together and was I seeing another man? So, I told him that dating did not mean exclusive, but that I was not, had not, dated anyone else. Then he said he told his family I was his girlfriend, that he thought I was his girlfriend now. To which I answered, that was something that had to be stated not implied. He immediately asked me to be please be his girlfriend. And I said yes, of course. Then he added, that I was not even allowed to look at another man the way I look at him. Which was kind of really bossy I think, but I totally get it, I don’t want him leering at other girls either. It pays to lock guys down, while I’m the worst student in my family, on other things I’m really smart.-

Note: Roxie graduates soon, and I am debating whether to go through the college thing with her to get a girls point of view, or to not do college again. I don't want to go to college with all the teens in my game, I know that. I was thinking I'd copy Sims 3, to turn off aging during college in my whole game, kind of like how in sims 3 you had a separate age for college, I guess. So nothing happens to the other sims while I do college, it kind of requires full attention, so playing rotationally is not an option, or at least I haven't figured out how to do that. If anyone has an opinion, I'd love to hear it.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    GracelishGracelish Posts: 114 Member
    @haneul Thank you. I know Nacho would greatly appreciate your comment. He was never seen without the outfit; it really made his energy and soul come to life. (Though he did rock that yellow hoodie at one point in the house.)

Here is my update.

https://youtu.be/8VW2AA0YCM4

So, Nacho's passing hit Jace the hardest since Nacho was originally his cat when he lived at his childhood home. Jace was outside for sim hours crying. I didn't want to disturb him. I let him grieve. I was really sad, too.

9xQSnfL.png?1

Here is the nursery. Or should I say, just a section of the room. I didn't spend a whole lot of time on it considering the baby would soon be a toddler. (I have not aged up yet since I have not played the last few days) I figured this would do for now; I'll redecorate later with toddler/kid stuff.

RUJVVGd.png

This came up during Jace's next work day. It was too fitting.
    I'm crying.

elZhHjL.png

Of course, I selected the second option. It felt right, however...

Eb35OyD.png?1

Whatever. They don't understand art. :/

And for the big reveal...

ohReixo.png
    here's hoping we collide
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @sunblond Thank you. The brighter, the better for me! ☺
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'd been planning on waiting to buy EL until a patch came out that solved most of the bugs, but it kind of sounds like the NAP bugs aren't solved with the latest patch. I'm thinking that since I probably wouldn't use NAPs during the rest of my current rotation anyway, I might go ahead and buy it when my money comes next week and turn the NAPs off until there's a patch. But are there other major bugs that will make me regret that? What do those of you who have it think?
    I'm planning on playing Billie Jang's house next, and when she breaks up with Brytani Cho I want her to move to Evergreen Harbor with the twins. But I think I'd be ok with them not having access to NAPs when they first move in, or the bug houses if those are still bugged.

In the meantime, I have finished the week out with my Windenberg family, Mila Munch with husband Khaled Mounib, stepson Derrick Andreas, Derrick's wife Evie Delgato and their son Darius Delgato.

This is Darius (left), Derrick and Evie, with parts of Khaled.
    4PkAJwR.png

Rest below spoiler.
    Derrick aged to adult on the same day the game generated the "Night on the Town" holiday, so they went out to eat and had a birthday cake brought to the table. At first his family didn't seem particularly interested.
    M4bct3S.png

But right afterwards Evie shot off a confetti cannon through Derrick's body (no pic, sorry), so that was... something.
    Evie was the queen of clipping errors this week as I had her pose for a portrait and a flower got a little too friendly.
    iEioawF.png

I kept it because the angle was cute and paintings aren't hi-res anyway. It wasn't too distracting in the final product.
    0Plj0i3.png

Here's some random family moments. Evie questions her commitment to taking up jogging, Riley (the dog) discovers his reflection, Mila continues work on her baking skill, Derrick goes to the gym with his brother-in-law with a similar taste in workout tops.
    YXpGoiE.png
    7x4lSvv.png
    ZYA5Fgt.png
    5ibbpfx.png

Also, here's the painting of Mila and Khaled, of which I showed you the screenshot version last time. The easel wasn't at quite the right angle and too much fire, but they still look cute.
    Jwwqpdi.png

Also Darius called a meeting of the After School Swim Club, with his cousin Farrah, girlfriend Candy Behr, and new acquaintance Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. Farrah slipped in the hot tub.
    RkGgzRw.png

Darius splashed Candy and apparently it was hilarious.
    YoZnBg2.png

And a close up of the young couple. I have never played with Candy before so I am not accustomed to how adorable she is.
    LPuKnKB.png

Also tickle fight while Farrah gives some side eye to a random adult who talks to children he doesn't know in a hot tub.
    ifIkA3F.png

Evie and Derrick both aged up to adult. I didn't change much for Derrick because so few hairstyles look good on him, but Evie got a middle-age makeover.
    0DucrJQ.png
    fOLImGh.png
    She seems happy with it.

Along the way, Derrick and Mila are both at level 9 in their careers now, Evie got a promotion but I think she's at 7 or 8, and Darius gained two or three scout badges. Also, Derrick took over the Powerhouse club, which will help with his aspiration (which is whatever you call the club-related one).
    6vzuJJs.png

So that's it! Except bonus picture: Finnian and Morgan were dining out with Farrah also on Derrick's birthday. Not sure why this looks like a first kiss, but it was cute in the background.
    yS8UMd1.png
    Also, not sure why Brent was dining with some random townie when there are three other sims in his household, but at least he didn't flirt with her.

I've been trying to at least read and give reaction clicks to everyone's stories. I don't have much time for comments, but here's just a few:

@Koteyka Ouch and yet so sweet at the same time. Love Crowley and... I'm gonna say Az cause I don't do spelling.

@AlwaysAsking I'm glad you're getting extra time with your daughter! We'll still be here when you get back.

@DeafSimmer I really like the dark coven's look.

@March306 Nice to see you back!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    @Daephene , If you turn NAPs off, right from the start, you won't have any. BUT game still may tell you that "voting has ended and current NAP is this and this" , but there is no NAP active. (and with testingcheats you can shift+click NAPs on and off anyway, from mailbox or voting board).

If you do not use mods, try to avoid that one CAS trait, something about recycling. (I do not have English game, so I do not know now how it is called), as if your sim, with that trait, does not recycle enough daily, they swipe things from their own house to recycle.

If you use mods, then , there is pretty much a mod for every bug.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    Alice, my teenager sim struggled choosing between two guys.
    She dated Jeb Harris for a while but she realized she was in love with her childhood best friend.

He came to visit her once in a flirty mood so it was the perfect time to tell him about her feelings.
    Sadly, her boyfriend decided to visit her at the same moment and she was caught cheating.
    While they were arguing, her best friend took his phone out started playing on it :D:D very supportive...

p758ntkwq0g2i.07.2020_16-33-48.png

Anyways, Alice broke up with Jeb and had an amazing first date!

bko6w0sfjzx7.07.2020_00-19-32.png

v0iv1su8v.07.2020_00-22-11.png

cyig5gihmlux.07.2020_00-31-55.png
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @sunblond he is easy on the eyes, he's a premade but I got him that way through @AlwaysAsking she might not mind if I reupload him if you actually want my made over version of him.
    @Tixyen Nice to see you bud ha, I was not simming much for a moment but I want to so while you're around maybe you'll see more nice to see your families up again.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Luna & Allyson

Lo3LGVz.jpg
    Luna had taken her daughter Allyson out to the café for a quick morning grading session. Luna had gone out to the gym earlier and when she came home after an intense workout, Allyson was bored. Luna saw that she didn’t have a lot of time before both of them had to be at school, so they went to the nearby café where Luna could do her grading while Allyson played with a toy. All in all, it was a quiet morning.

Hanging-Out-with-Classmate-and-Friend-Justina-Ngo.png
    After school, Luna had to stay behind for an evaluation of the work she performed so far. Allyson went on ahead and brought her best friend Justina Ngo with her.

Playing-Dolls-Together.png
    Their conversation moved on to the dollhouse in Allyson’s room where they thought up the most intricate storylines for their twin dolls.

Telling-Allyson-About-Promotion-to-Teaching-Assistant.png\
    An hour later, Luna came home and immediately made her way to the room with the most sound coming out of it. Luna was ecstatic. Her evaluation went great and she even got a promotion. This news had to be shared with the most important person in her life, her daughter.

Yelling-at-Luna-for-Sticking-Her-Nose-Into-Her-Life.png
    A lot of different reactions were expected but Luna hadn’t seen this anger coming. Allyson sat down on the bed, with her friend Justina awkward sitting next to her, and she started yelling about Luna sticking her nose into her life. She always felt like her mom needed to be around her. Allyson wanted moments to herself, without her mom. Even now, she didn’t knock before she barged into the room.

Telling-Justina-It-s-Time-to-Go-Home.png
    Not knowing what to say, Luna told Justina it was probably a good time to go. Luna tried to be the perfect mom and this outburst felt like another stab in the heart. Luna didn’t know how to express herself or what to do in this situation, but Allyson needed to know that yelling like this wasn’t appreciated or even remotely okay.

Influencing-to-Do-Homework.png
    As soon as Justina made her way out the door, Luna sat down next to Allyson and told her to go and do her homework. She had the heart to ask Allyson if she needed any help but Allyson gave her a glare in return. Luna put her hands up, said she’d leave her to it and left the room.

Venting-Against-Stuffed-Animal.png
    When Allyson was sure Luna wasn’t standing in front of her door anymore, she threw her homework the side and walked over to her giant stuffed unicorn. Frustrated tears spilled out of her eyes and all she could do was vent against the thing. She didn’t need help, she wanted someone to listen and if anyone could listen, it was this unicorn. Allyson loved her mom, but she was overbearing. It crushed her and pushed her into this ‘sensitive’ box she didn’t want to be in. Every parent-teacher conference, every play date, her mom was always looking out for her, making sure she wasn’t overwhelmed. Always mentioning to the other parents or teachers how her daughter had to be kept in check. It was hurtful and Allyson felt like her mom didn’t try to understand her perspective at all.

Feeling-Guilty-About-Allyson-Playing-in-the-Park-Even-Though-Rain.png
    Luna started to feel guilty about punishing Allyson. It felt too harsh. When it was 7 PM, Luna softly knocked on Allyson’s door. This appealed to Allyson’s need for privacy and she made sure to wait a couple seconds before she said ‘come in’. Luna hesitantly stuck her head around the door and asked if Allyson was up for a playground outing. Allyson had to conceal her excitement, not wanting to give in to Luna. A monotone ‘fine’ was what Luna got. It was enough for her. But when they arrived at the playground in Brindleton Bay, it started raining hard. This didn’t spoil the fun and the two women decided to play on the pirate ship anyway, Allyson pretending to be a pirate captain and Luna being the sea monster trying to destroy the ship.

Signing-Up-For-Open-Mic-Night-with-Jacqueline.png
    Later that evening, Luna received a call from Jacqueline, if she wanted to come hang out at an open mic night. Luna suggested it to Allyson and all she got was squealing so she accepted the request with a laugh. Upon arrival, Luna decided to surprise Allyson and signed up to participate in the night herself.

Comedy-Routine.png
    When her turn came up, Luna was nervous but she knew she would rock this. She wasn’t planning on singing. Luna did not have a singing voice, but she knew she had a sense of humour. She might not have a comedy routine, but she did have some jokes she desperately wanted to tell. Luna grabbed the mic from the mic stand and gave it the audience everything she had.

Laughing-About-Luna-s-Jokes.png
    Allyson was impressed by her mom’s bravery. Normally, her mom wouldn’t go up and do stuff like this. By the looks Luna threw her daughter, Allyson knew she was doing it for her and it made her happy. She made sure to laugh the hardest at every single joke her mom made, even when they were actually really lame.

Daughter-Wasn-t-Only-Fan.png
    Luckily, Allyson wasn’t the only one enjoying Luna’s routine. Jacqueline and another lady could also appreciate Luna’s skill in cabaret. It might not bring Luna an opportunity to earn money but at least she brought some laughs to the room.

Outburst-with-Jacqueline.png
    After the comedy routine ended and open mic night almost came to a close, Jacqueline jokingly said it was Allyson’s turn now. Somehow, Allyson exploded. She started screaming at Jacqueline how she wasn’t funny and she should shut her stupid mouth.

Expressing-Disappointmen-in-Allyson-for-Being-Mean.png
    Luna interrupted Allyson. She had sat down at the piano after her routine, casually trying some keys. She expressed her utter disappointment in Allyson’s behaviour, and after they had such a fun day too. Luna didn’t understand what made Allyson lash out at everyone around her. After a sincere apology from Luna to Jacqueline and a hug goodbye, Luna took her daughter home where she sent her to bed instantly.

Putting-Allyson-to-Bed.png
    When Luna was sure Allyson would be sleeping, she came into her room to tuck her in. Luna pulled the blanket up a little higher and sighed. She didn’t get why Allyson had these random, sudden outbursts but it didn’t make parenting her any easier. She was at a loss on what to do differently. Defeated, she turned off the light and closed the door silently behind her. Maybe tomorrow would be better.

Allyson

Waking-Up-Because-of-Monster.png
    It took the longest time for Allyson to fall asleep. When she eventually did, she woke up rather fast from sounds underneath her bed. Sitting up in bed scared, she turned on the light. It sounded like something huge was underneath her bed.

Terrified-Because-of-Monster.png
    From where she sat, Allyson jumped from the bed. She wasn’t staying in a bed with a possible monster underneath! Slowly turning around, she saw tentacles coming from underneath the bed. There actually was a monster. A yelp came from Allyson’s mouth but she managed to suppress a scream.

Deep-Breaths-Not-a-Baby.png
    This didn’t have to be scary. Allyson closed her eyes, calmed her breathing. The monster hadn’t attacked her yet. That was a good sign at least.

Becoming-Friends-with-the-Monster.png
    When her breathing had slowed and most of the fear had escaped her body, Allyson sat down on the soft carpet. And she started talking. She told the monster everything about her day, from having a playdate with Justina to having a fight with her mom. It seemed to appease the monster and it slowly disappeared from underneath the bed. When Allyson saw the tentacles retract, she dared to check but there was no monster to be found anymore.

Playing-In-The-Rain-To-Get-Out-of-the-Monster-Excitement.png
    Hearing the rain outside and not being able to sleep from excitement, Allyson put on her clothes, ran outside and played in the rain, enjoying the soft raindrops falling on her skin and inhaling the fresh pine scent. For the first time, she had confronted her fear. See? She didn’t need her mom. She was a superhero in her own right.
    Post edited by Duvelina on
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member

I swear closets are a cursed objects in my game :''D Alex's girlfriend Raylee autonomously woohooed with his brother Dean and she got pregnant.
    ddJekPK.png
    GFjlta1.png
    lE1FR8E.png
    FCTsIKf.png

Their family cat, Julius, also passed away :(
    Their mom adopted him from the streets when she was young.
    PLKDG5o.png

Alex also ended up finding a new girlfriend named Vada Grier (she's a Goth descendant... Why do all my sims end up marrying Goth descendants? :''D)
    iaYJgBP.png

They ended up having twin boys, named Charlie (left) and Jasper (right)
    uujGdDr.png

Am I the only one having issues with very low bills since the update? My sims live in a big house with 7 bedrooms, 2 living rooms, 2 offices, a home gym and 5 bathrooms. They also have the thermostat always on the appropriate settings which should cost more. They don't have any objects that generate them extra water or power. Yet, they pay only 500 simoleons in bills ._. I want them to pay more cos they're drowning in money.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    @Koteyka

the last two stories were written so beautiful, I made my peace with the death of Tony. He really deserves to be in paradise. And these characters from good omens, I love them. I binge-watching this series, when it came out. :smiley:
    And Thor. Oh my, what a revelation. He will take care of him. Well of course, he has a truly place in my heart <3 .

~~~~~~~

It was autumn 1892 when the military service ended for Ludwig. Also the landlord dismissed the family from their home after the politician demanded the demolitions from the old tenements for new and better buildings for the growing city. Ludwig told Viktoria the bad news.

Eu0mY0A.png

They found a tiny and forgotten cottage near the coast, and where allowed to settle in there.

xK705i9.png

It was almost winter when they arrived there. Ludwig got a job as fisherman. It was still a cramped place and they almost had no money, but also it was a new beginning and a new chance for them.

7dC4ZG9.png

In the late 19th century the family protraits became quite popular. One day the family went to the photograph and let made a picture from them.

nZRzdyb.png?1

We have Viktoria and Ludwig and the children (left to right) Elisabeth, Wilhelm and Mathilde.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member

Excerpts from the Journal of Felipe Monte**gro

-I’ve been saving up my allowance and my report card money, I want to take Virginia to dinner at a fancy restaurant and ask her to be my girlfriend. We been going out a while and it seems like the next step. Ok, truth is, I kind of want more, like, I give her a goodnight kiss at the end of our dates. But I kind of really want to kiss during too, and I feel like that would be kind of forward or pushy at this stage of the game. Virginia’s a “nice” girl and I really don’t want to overstep and be the kind of guy that pressures girls to do stuff they aren’t ready for. So if we’re officially a couple and exclusive and everything, then I think that I would be on target to step up the romance part of our relationship. I hope so anyway.-

EjmKvzC.jpg
    Nothing but the best tonight.

-So, on Monday’s there is a special menu at the restaurant, it’s cheaper and I asked Virginia if she was OK with ordering from it and she was totally on board. So we went to dinner at Chez Llama. The food was weird, honestly, I’m kind of picky about food lately, but when what Virginia ordered, some fish Trio, came out, it was really fancy, it was made to look like a present and everything was edible, and she totally loved it. After we finished, I went to the bathroom and I tried to psyche myself up a bit. When I got back to our table and paid, then when we got up to leave, I asked Virginia if she would be my girlfriend. She said yes and we kissed, then we took a selfie together and I totally went full court press and kissed her again, I gave her my best shot too. Like, we had our arms around each other and our bodies were touching and it was totally full on this time. And I could tell she got really into it too, because afterwards she was all flustered and was blushing and everything, and she immediately excused herself. Unfortunately, when I turned around to follow her out, I saw Tio Kyle and Tio Cristian sitting at the table right behind me. Great. I went over to speak to them and Tio Kyle asks me right away if my new “girlfriend” was Gavin Richards’ daughter. Then Tio Cristian said, she’s a very pretty girl Felipe. But it totally didn’t sound like it was meant as a complement. I got really flustered and made some excuse and left right after. Yeah, so that happened.-

k0o1wfF.jpg
    The full court press kiss.

9vte2H5.jpg
    Yep, the Uncles saw it all.

-The next day, after school, before I could tell mami and papi about the date and stuff, papi sat down next to me in the living room and told me to turn off my game, and said we needed to have a man to man talk. It was, of course, really embarrassing and awkward for both of us. It was all about respecting a girl and not putting pressure on her to do stuff that she didn’t want to do. Plus, about woohoo, how it’s a huge responsibility and stuff and about hormones, lots of that kind of thing.
    The thing is, honestly, the thing with Omar and Becca, well, for a lot of us kids I think, was kind of a wake up call. We’ve all had the “talk” and everything more than once. But having someone we know get in trouble, well that was way more effective that just sitting through your parents kind of hypocritically telling you not to do stuff. At least for me. Because, sure, I think about doing stuff with Virginia all the time, like, a lot more than I want to admit. But, I totally “get it” now, about how big a deal it is, way more than I did before.-

-Nanny Prescott came over the other day, she stops in sometimes, and, yeah, mami and papi and her are friends, but she checks in on all “her kids” I know, from time to time. She had some news, Trent had gotten married. Apparently, he met a girl who was an orphan that had grown up in the system too. She was a fan of the band Trent’s in, I guess, and talked to him about one of the songs he had written that they performed that night at the gig, then one thing led to another. Her name is Roseanne and Nanny Prescott said she was a very sweet girl and that she is obviously in love with Trent and he was just crazy about her. He had kind of kept dating her a secret from most people, Nanny Prescott, thinks it was partly because he was so inexperienced with dating and all. But they got married at the courthouse with just the Prescotts and a foster family that Roseanne had lived with for a while, and Aunt Dina’s mom and her new husband in attendance. My mom asked for Trent’s address, because she wanted to get them something, she said she knew a place close to her work that sells collectable framed and matted posters and has some of old bands, like, from the heyday of punk music. Nanny Prescott said that was a wonderful idea for a gift, because Trent’s apartment needed sprucing up a lot.
    Then Nanny Prescott admitted that was not the only reason she had stopped by. She looked at me then, and she told us that they had a new foster son, also a teenager, Ryland Decker. And that he wanted to try out for the soccer team, unfortunately, neither she or Mr. Prescott knew a thing about soccer, so she was hoping that maybe I would consider coaching him. Then she said she new that I was busy, what with having a new girlfriend and everything else I had going on, but she didn’t know who else to ask. Yeah, I had kind of forgotten that Mr. Prescott is a waiter at the restaurant we went to, and I guess he kind of saw us on our date, and you know, everything that happened. Sometimes I hate living in a small town.
    Then a weird thing happened, instead of my parents volunteering me like I expected, they both just looked at me and didn’t speak. Like, I could totally tell the woman who helped raise me that I wouldn’t help out this guy who grew up without any of the advantages in life that I have. Like how was that even an option? So, I told Nanny Prescott that if Ryland came over to my house on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school, that I would give it my best shot. I could definitely give him some soccer pointers, plus, I could show him proper use of the weight machine, and make a workout guideline for him and take him jogging with me. That should get him started on the right track.
    Nanny Prescott clapped her hands together, like she does when she gets excited, and said that would be wonderful. She added, that she knows she had no right to ask after all the help I gave Trent, but that I was the only person she knew who was a soccer player and she really wanted Ryalnd to have a chance at getting on the team. Trent had gotten so much out of the music and bowling clubs and she wanted Ryland to have something like that in his life too.
    Then she added that having me in his life had meant a lot to Trent, that I probably didn’t realize how much my friendship back then had meant to him, that how having someone like me care about him had boosted his self-esteem. Then I said, and it was hard to get out, that Trent had taught me a lot too, that before I met Trent, I had taken a lot of things for granted. Like how good I had it, all the advantages I was given. Getting to be friends with Trent and learning about his life had taught me a valuable lesson that I would never forget. And that I felt like it was me who should be grateful.
    Ok, so Nanny Prescott, mami and papi, were all kind of teary after that and I was a little too. So I left the room to go do my homework, ‘cause I was afraid I would kind of loose it.-

-Ryland has fast reflexes, and he has good control of the ball too. He’s kind of lean, so definitely needs to focus on running and some weight training, that’s what I picked up on so far. He seems like an OK guy, he told me that he was in a foster home before where the couple had a son in college who played on the college soccer team and that he would show him stuff whenever he came home to visit. So he had picked up a lot already. The first couple times he came over I just kind of wanted to see what he could do and get to know him. I want him to be comfortable enough with me to feel he can talk to me honestly and feel like he can be himself around me. That way I can see what he can really do, hopefully.-

BUvCce4.jpg
    Coaching Ryland.

Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    octavion4444octavion4444 Posts: 28 Member
    Sorry that i dont play Sims 4 as much i dont play so much anymore but i only play it little. So i have uploaded my Sims 4 videos i recorded to Youtube i have my videos unlisted, because i dont want anyone to see it other than my family and friends until later. I have played Sims 4 today and i have started a new save file, Not because i dont want to play my old anymore i want to take a break from it and play on the save file that i record in. In my new save file i that i recorded when i played there was a fire in the game the fireman arrived, and thats strange because i have never seen a fireman in Sims 4 it must be in the new update. In the new save file i have created a new sim a girl. Caleb Vatore and Lillith Vatore is in the same household as the girl i created. Im planning the girl to marry Caleb Vatore. What i do in every save file almost since i got the vampire game pack i always make them vampires and that girl will be turned into vampire, my plan was that she become the grand master vampire and slay Vlad to make a better world because she is a good person and Vlad has the evil trait.
  • Options
    AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member

Hi all!

I'm going person by person in my attempt to catch up! Lol

Like as in 1 person per comment (and for now it will have to be with priority given to those who always comment on my updates, because I'm not sure if I can ever catch up)

@RedDestiny92

Sometimes I save an unmarried couple in my library as married so that they retain their pink bar.

Then just go to CAS and unmarry them once they are placed in the new save. I think it's rather dumb that pink relationships are severed just because they are stored somewhere. 🙄

But I'm glad you see Don as glued to Thorne, because that's how he is in my game too.

It is funny that he rejected him so violently though. Maybe it was because they'd just only become official as boyfriends, you know? Or he was hungry and tired, lmao. Their needs affect things so much it's kinda crazy.

I can forgive Thorne a bit more since you had that NAP on, but not much more, because you said Don didn't do anything, and by rights he should have been a million times worse than Thorne.

Lol, I love that you're seeing them as toxic. Then it's not just me. Although in my game the problems are all forced now that they've been together for so long.

Neither of them ever does anything that would hurt the other. And they seek each other out all the time. I can't even say who does it more often. It's pretty equal.

And then here's this update with Thorne going to see Oliver and Thadia for advice. I don't know what to think.

I guess Oliver told him all that he could tell him. Either fess up or figure out how to live with the guilt without ruining what he has with Don.

Neither of which are easy, but there isn't an easy answer. Now, I would be fine with Thorne's decision to take it to the grave, but I know you far to well. Lol!

That guy is going to show up at their house pregnant. 😂 Then Don will be hurt by the cheating And the lying.

Oh Thorne, you are so awful! Actually, there's one way out of this. Maybe Don has had an affair too and they can call it even?

Actually, to be truthful, the way that you describe Don's feelings as just being glad that Thorne came back, and blaming himself for smacking the ring like that, he might be in the frame of mind to actually forgive Thorne. But .... Thorne didn't go that route. Of course he didn't.

It was really funny about the bet Oliver and Thadia had about Thorne continuing to cheat on his SO. And hearing Don described as Mr Perfect was kinda surreal 😅

And Oliver with his "heathier hobby" of streaking naked through lava was an image for sure 😁

There's just that one line from Don that concerns me. Where he thinks to himself that maybe Thorne was different from him. Different in a good way, or in a bad way? Now I have to see what that meant.

Oh, and yeah, no problem if you reupload my pretty baby Thorne. Lol Technically he doesn't belong to any of us, right?

And he looks a bit different in your game than he does in mine 😂
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @AlwaysAsking ah yeah I wish it wasn't that way but for all we know it was one of those things that could actually lead to corruption I've looked at coding before and it can be really messed up with just a couple things out of place. But that's what mccc is for the more you have to manage, no he was full everything that's why he was frustrated thinking he was just trying to please him because they had kids. Still though, for shame lol, the nap doesn't effect them much it's much weaker than the ones that stick in place I just noticed it cause non active sims were making out, he's responsible for himself mmhmm. Yep yep there is always something I don't actually know what will become of the other man cause of the settings I use it would be a surprise but since I moved over everything who knows if anything was lost. I'll be finding out with you :smiley: .

Ah I wish it were that simple, Oliver doesn't want him even if he does have an unfortunate soft spot , his only temptations are what he brings and Don has been tired of playing for a long while. I actually kind of love Oliver and Thadia I just thought yeah sure they can be the bigger people...but this is more fun. Don is hard to make out this time around, he seems like an oversensitive Jock which makes no sense till he does it and that makes him frustrated and frustrated that he's feeling that way but he can't help it. So he'd probably forgive Thorne but wouldn't come back from it.

Also yes, Oliver would be a fine lava rock walker.....hehehe.

Well he's thinking that in some ways they are similar and he actually has a reason to be afraid because he doesn't want to lose him but he's also aware he may deserve it for his ways it's like the universe is picking on him. Then on the other hand he's thinking that Thorne might handle things differently than he would cause he accepted his proposal and he doesn't know which way to go.

To be fair every copy belongs to whomever bought the copy even if they went through the gallery....right? Maybe? I don't know lol.

I don't know if he is actually wanted but you know if I do pop him up that's why.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @ryttu3k

Ok, you’ll have to tell me what the album is that Jamie is posing for, as the only thing coming to my mind right now that mentions the moon is Dark Side of the Moon, and somehow I don’t think that’s what it’s from. To be fair, I’m a grandma, I don’t keep up with very modern music unless my daughter plays it for me. :D And no, sorry, she goes to their rival, ASU :smiley:

And wow! I find print screen to be even more awful! lol! Because I have to put the game on windowed fullscreen, which is a hassle here, and pull up paint and save the picture manually for each shot! Ummm, that would take me 3 thousand years! Ha!

And I will get over to Simpsta to check that out, as soon as I can breathe from trying to catch up here and in pms! Lol!

Oh my Fng God! Lmao, it is Dark Side of the Moon! I’m dyin’ here!! (I’m on to the Fyres update, in case you can’t tell! Lol!)

It’s a great update! I see Siobhan is finally doing her own dumpster diving! Lol

Oh, and I’m wondering if this is a typo/brain mush kinda thing, did you mean Siobhan? Because I don’t see Morgan anywhere, but she could easily be there somewhere.
    After a shower, Morgan heads off to her new boss, Tina's, place, to get a lesson in fabricating. Adorable li'l Olive greets her at the door.
    And yes, the fabricating lesson could have gone better! Lol!

I love the party with Knox and Family. Did you change the relationship so that Knox really is Olive’s father? It such a nice storyline, right?

And now the Simpsta story is here to read! That’s cool as can be!

It’s beautiful. I can feel Raylan’s every feeling. It’s so cute that the first time he falters in his self-assuredness is when he has to see these older people. He’s been perfectly fine in the company of Caleb and Lilith. But the “will they like me?” happens when they arrive at Chester and Dahlia’s house.

They certainly do like him! That’s so sweet that the little guy will have Raylan as a middle name! I think Raylan will tear up about that now and then.

It is a terrible thought that they will watch all their descendants pass away, but perhaps it is better if the family dies out. If no more kids are born then someday that pain will end. Although, it’s perfectly reasonable that Raylan could have more kids. I assume he has never had any on purpose. Is there a reason for that?

I don’t remember how your lore goes. Whether Vampires can have children with other vampires. If that happened then that person would always stay alive too.

I don’t know, it’s kinda deep, lol! I love the car talk. I’d be like Caleb, totally checked out. But Lilith wanting to drive it is so cute!
    SqxdF0m.png

• Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @sunblond aww, good on Katrina! Hope all goes well for them, and green and white looks great too. Oh hee, that story about Salim and Kyle, awkward ;D

For college, honestly, I think you can skip. If you send someone off and focus on other characters, I think they tend to default to a solid B or something, so that could be an option if you want her to get a degree?

Oh wow, that kiss being spotted by Kyle and Cristian... awkward XD Heh, I wonder how Omar would feel about being An Example? Glad Felipe is going to take it seriously, though!

@Duvelina oof, poor Luna :-\ Glad they made up, but that blow-up afterwards... I think she and Allyson need to sit down, preferably with someone to mediate, and try to like... recontextualise their relationship? Especially as Allyson gets towards the teen years!

@AlwaysAsking you got it exactly! :D Mostly dark colours, pop of rainbow, moon motifs on his cheeks and tights! Yeah, I may be 47 years too late to the party but I'm like... binge-listening to it, heh. And whoops, yeah, definitely a typo XD Yeah, added Knox in officially with MCCC :) I think Tina is just listed as a stepmother? But it definitely worked on Knox's end.

And yeah - even if you're confident, meeting your descendants for the first time must be really nerve-wracking! Like this is family, the only family he knows of (there may have been a few other kids at different points, but Alessio was the only one he actually knew of). He probably wouldn't have had any deliberately just for that reason, yeah - seeing your family eventually die out.

And for my lore, I'm going with vampirism as an inheritable trait? So a vampire and a human would have... let's say a 25% chance of being fully human, 25% chance of being a vampire, and a 50% chance of having an aversion to garlic and sunlight but nothing else. Two vampires, however, would always have vampiric offspring. So that is a possibility! I could see Lilith wanting to, she has the Vampire Family aspiration by default - it's based on turning, but she could have kids too. (Question, of course, being who with. The only AMAB vampires she knows are Raylan, who's family, Vlad Bloodvein, who's so not her type, and, well, Vlad Straud, who's an absolute N O P E. Caleb's psychologist is also a vampire, but he has a husband, so that's not happening either.)

Heh, Lilith is my action girl. Combat boots, action movies, and fighting. She totally wants a fast car XD
  • Options
    @ryttu3k Absolutely. Starting a conversation and discussing Allyson's problems and Luna's behaviour feeling suffocating to her is super important and needs to happen sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    @Becka28

Hey! Thank you so much! I’m glad you liked the Diego and Hermes story. And lol! I’ll try not to have Simeon wear hot pink pants next time! Lmao. They did look very nice on him, so what could I do?

Yes, Diego is much nicer than Ricardo. I’m thinking about actually continuing to write the story. Do you remember Armondo? Diego’s father when he is married to Gunther and they have a daughter, Dulce? I mentioned that Diego hated him for deserting his mom when Diego was little. Well, I always had a story in mind for that but never wrote it out. I’m thinking it can all be wrapped in together here. Because that Diego is in my Aged to teen premades save, and his father is Armando.

I’m just thinking about how that would go. Now that Diego is back everyone is going to start telling Hermes that Diego is his actual boyfriend and Hermes won’t know who he is. Talk about confusing, which is the point, lol! Idk, it would be fun, but confusing to try to fix that mess.

I see a 100 babies update coming up so I’ll save my Brock/Rowen comments for there! Lol I’m glad you liked “Quin” for a name. My daughter’s Co-editor of the high school yearbook’s name really is Quin, and he is male. So I guess it can be for either gender.

Ok, oh my! I just read the latest on Caleb and Mina. Wow Caleb? What is up Sir? Not cool! Slapping your wife and yelling at your child! Ummm, perhaps you should be slapping and yelling at Morgyn. Although, Mina does have a point, she did bring this upon herself/themselves.

Did she worry that he would be harsh with the kids if she was gone? That was unbelievably uncharacteristic of him, but he’s acting so weird that I don’t know if I’d want to leave him with the kids.

His face was cute (is that the right word?) when she said she was leaving and he asked if she was going to Morgyn. Idk, he’s kinda losing it. Where’s Lilith to talk some sense into him? Although, seeing as she doesn’t like Mina that might not be the best choice, lol!

That was kind of a slap in the face that she went to Vlad, but yeah, where else could she go?

And hey, talking about pants being distracting, I must know who Vlad’s fashion expert is! lol! That outfit is tip top! Right down to the red Converse shoes. I can’t wait to hear what happens next! Yikes!

Ok! 100 babies!

That house looks beautiful! He’s not working is he? I feel like the other mothers had jobs, but maybe I’m not remembering right. He does look very happy there with his toddlers :heart:

Man oh man I love the tales of the fathers. Yikes! The face Quin is making at Mark Eggleston is really something. I can’t tell what he’s thinking but I love the look. Alika doing that would surprise the heck out of me too! Minty’s look is pretty amazing. Did anyone get slapped because of Morgyn in this story? :D The thing with Wolfgang is the best though. Poor guy! Does he come over to see his kid/s? I seem to remember some people saying he’s a pretty good dad.

His relationship with Rowan is sweet. But yikes! I hope those other babies come quick! Poor guy, all that waiting around. At least he makes himself useful. And yeah, as far as acting like Brock, he’s doing a great job! Although, did Brock and Alana have any pink bar when he started doing that? The cake in his inventory cracked me up for sure, but so did the book “reel her in” Some programmer somewhere is really chuckling about that surprise they created :sweat_smile:

Whose daughter was that with the bad makeup? She’s really pretty! Likewise, the evil mean child. Who is his dad? And wow! Brytani is really putting herself out there isn’t she? Lol! How can that even happen? The lack of outfit is crazy, but the saddle shoes without a poodle skirt is just wrong too! Lol And well…. The Johnny thing is kinda weird, but what are you gonna do, right? Do you have a list of all the dads? I’d love to know who else you got. I remember Thorne, lol, of course. Don and Diego too, naturally. J must’ve been there somewhere. Was Gunther? I think I remember seeing him. Oh yeah! I remember Justin Delgato being so eager! Lol, and Denis Kim being almost impossible. Did you ever use someone who wasn’t a premade?
    SqxdF0m.png

• Options

@haneul

Ok, I'm not sure if I commented on your post about Dysis on page 735, but I don't think I did. 😊 Which is really weird because I know I talked to you about my problem of not having a backstory for Diego. Anyway, I'm going to answer it as if I haven't answered it already 😁 Sorry if you're getting a duplicate comment.

Dysis is sure having a bad time. I love looking at someone's screenshots and trying to figure out what's happening in game.

Perhaps she is still grieving? She certainly can't get herself to have fun even in a game room! Now that's some serious gloom!

The diaper thought is funny! Considering it seems to be the only thing that made her smile. I can see why she'd consider taking her life in a different direction. The University route isn't really doing her any favors

And wow, deep thoughts about Deli. I'm glad that she's doing her best to try not to be angry/jealous about her, because Deli really does make everything look easy. And geez Asher, you aren't helping at all with the picture situation.

I wonder if it made Deli uncomfortable to see how favored she is. I guess there's nothing she can do about it, but if she told her Dad that it was making her feel weird maybe he'd listen to her.

I don't know though. It seems like Astor has probably said something to him about it, and it hasn't stopped him from visibly favoring her over everyone else.

Darius and Dyna's part is so funny! 😅 Big words Darius. Too bad they were wasted!
    Since I'm not capable of losing to you - I'm going to need you to explain to me the feeling of losing after this game. Thanks
    Wow! That's a lot of ego 😂

Lol, I know! It looked pretty cool to have duels at that nightclub, lol. There were actually a bunch of duels going on, because my teen spellcasters were holding a club meeting there that evening.

So, a lot of that story was game driven, like I said, everything Ricardo did was autonamous, but the fact that they were all at the nightclub was not a coincidence. That first picture, of Laney being so ticked off, is one of my favorites pictures because it was exactly what was going on. Ricardo had just told she and Rose that Diego seemed boring, and the girls are "full green bar" friends with Diego, so Laney didn't like hearing that.

It was also the first time that Diego actually talked to Hermes. They were in the club together, but that was the first club meeting.

They hit it off so well that I was glad Ricardo had rejected Diego. Diego was actually upset, and Hermes did actually cheer him up. Hermes is the nicest Sim ever. He never gets mad, and his smile is so sweet.

I do have a vague idea that I could use as a reason that Diego had to leave in order to keep Hermes safe. So there's a chance I could continue the story. Now I have to figure out how dark I'd want to go, and it wouldn't be terribly dark because I want to post it here, but with the idea I have Diego would actually have to kill some people. Not cool. So I'd have to change it enough that death isn't necessary, but it still seems like a viable reason for Diego's absence and the danger it involved.

I know they are very young, and technically I could say they are older, it's just that the 3 of them (Rose, Laney, and Diego) just moved to that manor house you saw when they were 14. And I haven't written any real stories about them yet. I have the screenshots and ideas, but no stories yet. So I didn't want to skip over several years and make the boys 17 right away.

Anyway, in Harry Potter they say wizards are adults sooner than muggles 😂😅

And ohhhh. Ok. I do remember you saying that they had another home besides the one in Sulani. It looks like it's a pretty fancy place!

Did you build those two homes too? The Sulani one and Windenburg one? Do you have any shots of those homes from the outside. It seems like the Sulani one is pretty good sized, but I don't have an image of it in my mind, so maybe I've never seen an all together shot of it.

I'm glad to hear that their palace is almost ready. And I'm right there with you in terms of how far behind I am in my story compared to where Don and Thorne are in my game. I barely play them anymore, because I want the story to catch up to where they are.

Lol, has Asher continued to be more considerate, or were you correct in thinking that it wouldn't last long? 😂

And that is really nice that Aster comes around to help all on her own. Does she have a SO in the game? I'm sorry to say that I can't remember what her love life is at this time.

If I've missed anything else please let me know. I think notifications are still kind of messed up. And anyway, you easily could have put up an update and not had a reason to mention me at that point. But I'd love to be notified when you put something up, even if you don't have a reason to mention me 😊
    SqxdF0m.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top