The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,170 Member
    Well here we are! The final part of 2004 is here!

We continue with the Bheeda's. Winter seems to come quicker and quicker in my saves. So here are the Bheeda's lighting their Christmas tree for 2004:
    wYMAd2i.png

Sharon's Café in Magnolia Promenade is all ready for the festive season:
    OLfhpdE.png

Frankie invites his grandmother Liberty and his grandfather, my sim self out for one festive lunch at Sharon's Café:
    FMzWMft.png

While helping with their kids school projects, it's been reported on the radio that local restaurant in Newcrest, Sheergolds has been burnt down in a mystery fire.
    Cl9180u.png

Frankie and Margaret's kids Ashley and Stephanie take some pictures in a snowy park:
    utuliTm.png
    HWwK3je.png
    bSjODVc.png

Frankie, now a global superstar takes a picture with a fan:
    yKM7HzE.png

Winterfest day is here! Frankie and Margaret's house is fully decorated:
    MOgI57m.png

Here are some more pictures from Winterfest 2004 (Thankfully Grim didn't show up this year!)
    yjQRA8j.png
    MKd1qHm.png
    5MOz0Sh.png

Frankie calling everyone to the grand meal. Frankie's father Dan is a vegetarian so this year, Frankie has made Dan a Tofu Turkey Dinner:
    LKMy21B.png

The Bheeda's all together enjoying their Winterfest day meal:
    S1WEFDc.png

As we enter the last week of 2004, Stephanie and Ashley had birthdays coming up and they are now teens:
    Here is Stephanie blowing out her candles:
    bkIqrW5.png

Stephanie now as a teen:
    HDe7XJC.png

Next it was Ashley's turn to age up:
    PjHNH2T.png
    7lGQEzM.png

And final day of 2004 is finally here! To celebrate, Frankie got busy and designed a garden for his family and guests.
    6URDVx5.png

Everybody gathers round to hear Frankie's mum and wife do a country duet on the karaoke machine:
    jRFiF3Q.png

And then it was time to say Happy New Year!
    PQbP81s.png

Welcome to 2005!

Meanwhile, at Sharon and Tracey's in Newcrest:
    Tracey is sitting with her son Garth watching the new year news. They cut to a live shot of a reporter live at the scene on Magnolia Promenade
    83FC5AF.png

TRACEY: Oh look Magnolia Promenade's on the tele!
    GARTH: Turn it up!

Tracey and Garth look on in horror as the reporter explains that the clothes store JF&S Clothiers is on fire behind him. Garth interrupts
    GARTH: Isn't that the store those two hot sisters own?
    TRACEY: Oh my god you're right!

Tracey follows the reporter as they cut to various images of the Promenade on fire.

TRACEY: That's The Roadstead which Big Billy owns, (In Horror) Oh My God! Paddywacks Emporium owned by those two creepy brothers.
    Tracey's face goes from bad to worse when she see's a picture of Sharon's Café up in smoke.

TRACEY: The Cafe's even on fire!

Tracey shoots up and runs in to Sharon's bedroom where she is sleeping and wakes her:
    MKmdgW8.png

TRACEY: SHARON!!!! SHARON!!! The whole of Magnolia Promenade is on the news, it's burning down!
    SHARON (half awake) You what?
    TRACEY: Magnolia Promenade is on fire! Even the Café!

Sharon's eyes widen and she springs out of bed. Tracey and Sharon rush over to Magnolia Promenade to see for themselves.
    6Be9A59.png

Meanwhile at Sharon's Cafe:
    Jni15dQ.png
    Y5BUFiZ.png
    W2TdIo4.png
    CXGObMJ.png

As Magnolia Promenade burns down, who is this stranger watching over everything?
    0iBtgJr.png

And that's the end of 2004!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited June 16
    Tayson Jatum had a wonderful summer of playing ball for the Spice District Wasabi, and just practicing on his own, or with friends
    06-15-24-12-35-20-PM.png

06-15-24-12-33-43-PM.png

At the end of the summer his best friend Hal Orford moved to the Del Sol State campus to start college. They still "got together" to watch games on TV. It wasn't the same.
    06-15-24-12-43-16-PM.png

He hadn't been in touch with Navya much over break, but when he showed up to San Myshuno High for the first day of junior year, he was happy to see her out front. He asked how her summer had been, and kind of hinted his way around the topic of the boy she'd gone to prom with, and perhaps been seeing for a while over the summer... ??
    06-15-24-12-51-51-PM.png

Were they together??
    Screen-Shot-2024-06-15-at-12-53-25-PM.png

Tayson bounced happily into school! Not a bad start to the new year.

Tayson met a couple of new students early in the year: Dwight Merrick, another junior who'd just moved from Brindleton Bay. He played basketball, was annoyingly calm and cool about everything, and annoyingly made the starting lineup of the San Myshuno High Evergreens without getting stressed about it at all.
    06-15-24-1-15-34-PM.png

"Nice layup. I'm working on my three-pointers," said Tayson. "The team really relies on me for them."
    "Cool," said Dwight.
    06-15-24-1-18-55-PM.png

"I'm basically the top scorer on the team now that Hal Orford is off playing college ball," said Tayson.
    "Cool," said Dwight.
    "Uh... so what are you working on mostly?"
    "Free throws," said Dwight.
    "Free throws? Who needs to worry about that? It's an easy shot and no one is ever blocking you."
    "Cool," said Dwight.
    Tayson began to wonder if maybe he really should work on his free throws. But he got distracted and scooted back behind the three-pointer line instead.
    06-15-24-1-22-31-PM.png

(Seriously, whenever I direct this kid to practice free throws, the game just starts having him try random other shots and it doesn't even say "free throws", it says "3-Pointers" or "2-Pointers" or other stuff. )

Yui Mayfield, a sophomore with a goofy personality and a lot of accessories.
    She reminded Tayson of Ariel Orford, the petite bespectacled younger sister of his best friend Hal... the girl he really wished he didn't have a crush on.
    06-15-24-1-00-27-PM.png

Yui was inclined to flirt with him, and he didn't mind one bit.
    06-15-24-1-00-50-PM.png

Navya likes to sit right in front of Tayson in class. Yui likes to sit next to him. Poor Tayson, how will you ever concentrate on math class now?
    06-15-24-1-05-47-PM.png

Yui thought this prank was really funny
    Screen-Shot-2024-06-15-at-1-46-01-PM.png

Navya thought it was, uh, this
    06-15-24-1-44-53-PM.png

Rumors were circulating among the ball players about a new student at Magnolia Promenade High, who'd apparently moved there from Windenburg after being actively recruited by the Magnolia Hawkeyes: Nikola Crunchich
    "Did you hear this kid started playing pro for Tartosa when he was 13 years old?"
    06-15-24-1-14-48-PM.png

"All I was trying to do at 13 was get one year older so I could play for the Spice District Wasabi in the summer city league. Not trying to be pro."
    "Cool," said Dwight.

They studied the post on Magnolia's feed. It was all about how this young star was postponing his pro career for a couple of years to get the finest education possible. He could do it all! And yes, of course he'd play for the Hawkeyes in the meantime!
    Screen-Shot-2024-06-12-at-9-18-54-PM.png

"He looks like a potato," Tayson observed.
    "Yup," said Dwight.
    "A seven-foot-tall potato."
    "Yup."
    "I can't believe we have to play against him at the end of the season. It's completely unfair."
    "Yup."

As the year progressed, Tayson and Navya got closer, slowly, with more nerves and more feelings than either would admit out loud
    Screen-Shot-2024-06-15-at-1-03-55-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2024-06-15-at-1-48-24-PM.png

06-15-24-1-50-45-PM.png

Tayson's home life was loving, but there were challenges. There was an ongoing dispute about whose responsibility it was to replace the burnt stove and counter after the fire. The landlord said he certainly hadn't been the one cooking that Harvestfest meal when the incident occurred.
    06-15-24-1-30-16-PM.png

Arthur and Susan felt that they were owed some compensation for long-overdue maintenance.
    06-15-24-1-27-43-PM.png

They were talking about trying to move to a nicer apartment soon. Arthur was in line for a promotion to become the manager's assistant. Susan's Plopsy business selling jewelry was actually doing pretty well. She might earn more than Arthur soon.

Winterfest! What would a Jatum family holiday be without a fire?
    06-15-24-2-24-10-PM.png

The saddest part for Tayson was that along with their tree, all his presents were now a pile of ash.
    06-15-24-2-24-50-PM.png

Susan got busy working, and presented Tayson with one present: a beautiful gold chain, made with her own hands.
    06-15-24-2-28-02-PM.png

"We'll do better next year," she promised.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,278 Member
    @Ellupelluellu Spider fits right in. There another townie running around Chestnut Ridge named Fire Smith. I have got to introduce those two. 😆
    @Caerfinon My first thought was Larry Underwood. Guys, if you meet a woman named Rita or Nadine get out there fast. 💨🏃‍♂️‍➡️
    @BlueSeaWaves It's not locked up right now. It will be at the new ranch. 😁 Piccolo is always there for Aurora. 🥰
    @GalacticGal Thank you. Aurora is on pins and needles waiting for her grades. I'm pretty sure she did just fine. 😉
    @Brd709 Sharon's Café looks good. 🙂 Well it did.😬
    @mightysprite Maybe the fire department should just plan on celebrating all of the holiday's with the Jatum's. 🤔😛
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 849 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I completely under-Stand.... 😈
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,623 Member
    @Brd709
    Oo the cafes decorated nicely 😃 Frankie a down to earth star, taking pics with a fan. Good on him 😁 Happy birthday girls🎉 Oh no! Not Sharons cafe! I was going to say that fire seems intentional considering there was a fire in Newcrest not to long ago and it was deemed “mysterious” The shot at the end confirms it for me👀 This update was a real rollercoaster, looking forward for the next one
    @mightysprite
    Heyy that is good news Tayson😃 Dwight, he is annoying🫠 well at least Dwight’s not saying cool anymore, cool 😎Rooting for those Tayson and Navya🥰
    Wow that landlord 😤 Last month was helping a friend with their landlord, was refusing to change the windows cause “they weren’t the ones who opened it and broke it” but they changed them weeks later.
    Noo not the tree and the presents 😔 Tayson’s face looking at the pile of ashes 🥺 Least they have each other still, and moms present was safe 🥹 Wonderful way to the end that tragedy 🥹
  • Options
    edited June 17
    Because she enrolled on a Sunday Aurora's schedule is a little weird. Her M-W-F classes are actually W-F-M. She has to wait four agonizing days to learn her grade in her Biology class. Lucky for her there's plenty to keep her mind occupied aside from the ranch. Friday was Love Day.
    06-15-24-7-11-01-PM.png

She and Tre had been planning a date night to celebrate both. They had heard about a new restaurant in Willow Creek called Chez Crawdad. They both loved the food and music that Willow Creek was famous for. It began to rain as they arrived. The balcony provided cover and they were still able to enjoy their meal al fresco. Aurora was feeling extra flirty. It was more than just the Love Day spirit. The relief of having her first Biology course behind her was part of it too.
    06-13-24-4-48-06-PM.png

During a lull in their conversation Aurora couldn't help overhearing the couple behind her. His name was Kyle Kyleson, her's was Tiffany LaRue. She heard him bragging about being a successful rancher. She wanted to laugh so hard. She couldn't believe Tiffany was falling for any of this.
    06-13-24-4-52-05-PM.png
    Dinner soon arrived. Blackened bass for Tre and herb-crusted salmon for Aurora. Soft shadow avornalino to wash it down.
    06-13-24-5-01-59-PM.png

Tre and Aurora don't worry about whether you have white or red with fish. They just ordered their favorite nectar.
    06-13-24-5-06-16-PM.png

After dinner a bit of dancing.
    06-17-24_4_19_47_AM.png
    06-17-24-4-20-10-AM.png

Then some drinks and romance at the bar next door.
    06-13-24-6-04-50-PM.png
    06-13-24_6_08_07_PM.png

Finally Monday arrived. Time for some last minute cramming.
    06-16-24_1_46_57_PM.png
    06-16-24-3-02-55-PM.png

But still the nerves were building.
    06-16-24-5-26-45-PM.png

The nerves were all for nothing though. Once the exam was in front of her Aurora knew she had this one in the bag. All that was left was waiting for her grades.
    06-16-24-5-30-39-PM.png

By the time she got home she'd received the text with her final grades for the term.
    Screenshot_2024-06-16_at_5.53.58_PM.png

"I'm so proud of you babe. You worked so hard and you deserved those A's"
    06-16-24_1_36_12_PM.png

"I couldn't have done it without you."
    06-16-24_1_35_16_PM.png
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,891 Member
    edited June 17
    great update @DaniRose2143 sure looks like a perfect date.

@Brd709 Winterfest looked like a lot of fun. happy birthdays to Stephanie and Ashley. If you installed that sprinkler system on lots, the insurance reimburses for any items lost in the fire.

lol @Caerfinon

Update from yesterday, Veronica threw a Father's Day(Kiara Sims ) event at her house. Just a small gathering but it was really nice. Earned a gold medal. No photos of the event.
    Veronica will be back in Brindleton Bay soon to design a new nursery
    because lxVshkh.png
    Saidie is now expecting, turning Nicolas into a great grandfather.

I explored the new practice makes perfect trait with Marilyn Monroe's granddaughter who both recently graduated college and drama majors. Iris lost the audition but Madelyen scored Silver on a gig
    NplxupU.png

Marilyn bf loving guitar after learning to play for an entry level commercial gig he scored silver on as well. Can't perform risky because they don't have the skills yet.
    9kIOOuC.png

t1l8eCW.png
    First time - i wonder what the bunny will gift us with.

Not nominated and Marilyn's fame got the in. usual stars won. Trying to get new options on the scene but you know how it is.
    FCfLZzS.png
    twins but not identical. Iris on the left. Madelyne on the right.
    Madelyne looks more like Marilyn where Iris is more goth. Brandon Lee is on their father's side and Lolita is their other grandmother, which means they are related to Skelita's family. It's weird how eventually everyone is somehow related to the first set of sims I made.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    edited June 17
    @Brd709
    Oh, wow, what and end to one year and the beginning of another! Great photo captures of the fire. Very dramatic. Hope the family can recover from such an event. Yikes. Good job on the update.

@mightysprite
    That new student certainly is a Sim of few words. How on Earth does anybody have an actual conversation with him? And the seven-foot 'new kid'. Professional at age 13? Only in the Sims. Fire. That's two updates I've read involving fire. Yikes. I do hope this isn't a Trend . . .

@DaniRose2143
    What a sweet update. Glad to discover Aurora is doing well at Uni. She and Tre have a nice solid relationship, from all appearances. Congratulations to Aurora on those great grades!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    @Brd709 Sharon's Café looks good. 🙂 Well it did.😬
    @Brd709
    Oh, wow, what and end to one year and the beginning of another! Great photo captures of the fire. Very dramatic. Hope the family can recover from such an event. Yikes. Good job on the update.

@DaniRose2143 @GalacticGal I think you'll like how this story escalates in the next update. I tried to hold off this update until right to the end before the forums closed but i wanted to post it now as i've advanced in to 2005 a lot already.
    @Brd709
    Oo the cafes decorated nicely 😃 Frankie a down to earth star, taking pics with a fan. Good on him 😁 Happy birthday girls🎉 Oh no! Not Sharons cafe! I was going to say that fire seems intentional considering there was a fire in Newcrest not to long ago and it was deemed “mysterious” The shot at the end confirms it for me👀 This update was a real rollercoaster, looking forward for the next one

@BlueSeaWaves Glad you enjoyed this update, i think you'll enjoy the aftermath of the fire.
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @Brd709 Winterfest looked like a lot of fun. happy birthdays to Stephanie and Ashley. If you installed that sprinkler system on lots, the insurance reimburses for any items lost in the fire.

@LeucosiaX I always enjoy the Harvest and Winterfest holidays. Keep an eye out for the next update as that includes the aftermath of the fire. That may be posted on here or over at the new place.
  • Options
    On some level, we are what we pretend to be

jVxJJL6.jpeg
    Cheers
    C.
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,143 Member
    @Caerfinon Even at their domestic size, cats are terrifying, everybody knows that
    cat-flag-final.png
    They're witches, and they've got knives in their feet

@BlueSeaWaves oof glad your friend's real life landlord situation got sorted! I can laugh about my sims' misfortunes all I want but real life is something else
    @DaniRose2143 It couldn't hurt!
  • Options
    @mightysprite so true.... 🐈‍⬛
    Cheers
    C.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Great date they had, I really liked the rain the background 🙂 Lmao Kyle 😆 If the ranch doesn’t fall apart completely I’d say that makes him a successful rancher 🤪 Sweet, all A’s, well done Aurora 😃
    @LeucosiaX What award did they get from the bunny?👀
    @mightysprite You’re right about that, sims misfortune is entertaining 😆

Cat and Alexis’ time in Mt. Komorebi has come to end and it was time they separated..again 🥹 Funny thing happened, I moved Cat out of Alexis’ household to move back to her home in Chestnut and when the lot loaded everything was gone 😵‍💫
    A0VzlQB.png I was more upset about the friendship wall being gone😭 uiyEVjE.png All of Tal’s medals gone 😫Bm0xxkk.png
    I immediately exited the game without saving and reloaded cause I thought I probably moved her into the lot unfurnished. But nope, same result when entering through the world map build mode. I quit playing and loaded fallout instead, while playing that I had some ideas of going with it and pretending she got burglarized and could be a way to have Alexis move in sooner. Then it also hit me, I never checked Alexis’ household inventory to see if everything was in there, I loaded up again and it was all there😅
    I kinda liked the idea of the house being burglarized though since that would open more opportunities of Alexis moving in and moving out of that lot. And potentially a way for Alexis’ Dad to move to Chestnut too. Funny how many doors open by one mistake 😆
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,338 Member
    edited June 17
    @BlueSeaWaves , awww, so sorry :( I have had that few times when I have moved someone out who was last living in that house, and I forgot to click the "sell everything" option when moving.. resulting empty lot and all stuff in inventory.
    Edit: but glad you got a new idea :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited June 17
    @GalacticGal @BlueSeaWaves @DaniRose2143

Before i get to posting my next update, i thought we'd look back at the history of the Coffee Shop as it's been a regular place where you've seen all my sims hangout in my updates.

The origins of the Coffee Shop go back as far as Newcrest. When my sim self moved to Newcrest in 1980, he stumbled across this small town café along Ridgeline Drive, back then known as Bert's Bowl owned by the late great Bert Duke until his death in 1981. Bert inherited the Café from his father. When my sim self started frequenting the place regularly, Bert and my sim self became close friends and Bert took my sim self on as an employee.

Here are some pictures of the original Bert's Bowl, as you can see it has a very similar layout to Sharon's Cafe:
    isxkdCz.png
    PRWLFmG.png

Outdoor Summer Dining:
    zNwHdKh.png

A global superstar helps out with the cleaning up:
    JTSePrK.png

After Bert's death in 1981, my sim self became the owner of the café at the instruction from Bert. This displeased some of the other workers and one of them Lydia Riera even quits over this!

In 1981 my sim self begins to enjoy his new job in the business career so he asks his then father in law Harry Lee to manage the place. Harry looked after the Coffee Shop until his disappearance (Harry was presumed dead at the time)

Tommy's Tucker
    1983 - 1986
    Owner: Tommy Bird

With the Coffee Shop shut for almost a year, in 1982 my sim self asks his first born son Tommy if he would be interested in taking the shop over. Tommy was unsure at first but later agreed. Tommy bought the shop from his father and completely renovated the shop and some of the building and re-opened the Coffee Shop as Tommy's Tucker at the start of 1983. Tommy's Tucker was decorated with plain white walls and white brickwork around the back walls. The furniture was originally brown. In the Summer of 1983, the booths were removed from the back wall and a coffee counter was installed, this was run by Tommy's younger brother Andrew. The furniture was also replaced with orange, yellow and blue seats. In 1985, Tommy perused a career in politics. With his career taking much of his time Tommy hires Daphne Lawrence to manage the shop for him. Daphne managed the shop for Tommy until he died in the Autumn of 1985. Shortly after Tommy's death, his wife Miki decided to sell up and return to Mt. Komorebi to be near her family, Daphne wanted to keep working in the shop so Miki sold the Coffee Shop to Daphne.

Here are some pictures of Tommy's Tucker:
    33z5Gud.png
    j2VksAl.png
    7pTwzFn.png
    U8BesOe.png

Daphne's Coffee Lounge
    1986 - 1993
    Owner: Daphne Lawrence nee Clarke 1986 - 1988, Tina Morrissey: 1988 - 1997

With the Coffee Shop now under new ownership, Daphne changed the name to Daphne's Coffee Lounge. She had given the shop her own personal touch inside. Inside the café now had green walls and wooden booths. The front of the building was also given a make over.
    nyfnnn8.png
    IcnrCr8.png
    XaVmwVx.png

In the Summer of 1986, Daphne had learned that the land the Coffee Shop was built on had been purchased and was to be knocked down as part of a re-development of Ridgeline Drive and was asked to move out and find new premises. She later found out that the then owner of Magnolia Promenade Paul Robinson had purchased the land the Coffee Shop was built on and was going to build a bar on it. Feeling bad he did this to a friend, Paul decided to lease a building out on Magnolia Promenade to Daphne. Once the Post Office and Video Shop had not renewed their leases, he knocked both shops in to one creating one large space for Daphne designing the layout around to the original Coffee Shop layout that Bert Duke once had. The walls were now a dark red with white furniture.

Daphne's Coffee Lounge moves in to Magnolia Promenade:
    zdkJ4Vm.png
    XlEgJcL.png
    gmKJT1E.png

After Daphne's death in 1988, my sim self's aunt Tina becomes the new owner of Daphne's after previously working there the year before. However after a few days in charge, the Coffee Shop is involved in a serious fire which was started by one of Tina's cigarettes which fire inspectors found in the trash can.
    i6A1N83.png
    4BX5aEU.png

A few weeks later, Tina re-opened Daphne's with a new look. The new look now featured beige walls, wooden tables and white chairs.
    XIfrfe3.png
    FDTCdbg.png

The frontage has also been painted a dark shade of red:
    sbAGQYQ.png

In 1991, the Coffee Shop was part of another refurbishment when Paul Robinson wanted the Promenade to be part of the Markhouse chain. Inside it was painted blue. The deal with the Markhouse Group eventually fell through.
    Xw6QrnP.png

The blue was tweaked to a lighter shade a few weeks later.
    q0yD9aS.png

Auntie Tina's
    1993 - 2003
    Owner: Tina Morrissey 1988 - 1997, Steve McBoss 1998 - 2003

In 1993, Tina decided the Coffee Shop needed a new name. She held a competition for her customers to leave name suggestions in a box and she will pick one at the end of the month. When it came to choosing a new name, Tina was left disheartened by the calibre of suggestions left by her customers, some of which didn't even deserve to be in a shop window as they were that crude! After speaking with her teenage nephew Sean, she decided to rename the shop her self to Auntie Tina's.
    Inside remained the same until 1997.
    ZzUiiCH.png

In 1997, Tina began writing for a column for a local newspaper. She stepped back from the Coffee Shop part time to focus on her newspaper column and left her sons Conor and Riordan to manage the Café. However, after not showing interest in taking over the Coffee Shop Tina finally decided to sell. To draw a new owner, Tina had the whole interior redesigned to a new 1950's style diner with frosted block windows and a black and white floor.
    VNCvBRt.png

The exterior was painted green and the outside tables were finally replaced!
    IrtK4N7.png

In 1998, Tina finally found a new owner in the form of Steve McBoss. Steve kept the name and the inside of the Café roughly the same during his tenure as owner but until 2003, he acted more as a silent partner until his wife Betty left him in 2003 where he began to spend more time at the shop. In 2003, new resident Sharon Theodopolopodus started working at the Coffee Shop. She didn't mind working there but she had constant clashes with Steve. Rather than quit the job to get Steve off her back, Sharon bought the shop from Steve making her the new owner.

Sharon's Café
    2003 - present
    Owner: Sharon Theodopolopodus.

After buying out Steve McBoss Sharon became the owner of the Coffee Shop. She changed the name to Sharon's Café. She kept the interior the same but she replaced half of the block windows with new large windows. She added new fencing making a new entrance. It was one out of the four other shops involved in a mystery fire on New Years Eve 2004.
    Xj6REHY.png
    Post edited by Brd709 on
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,891 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves That's great everything was in the household inventory, however putting everything back just as it was can be time consuming, and if cluttered, nearly impossible. While this is an opportunity to furnish the house all over again, and possibly better, I would opt to go to an older save, from before she moved, put the house in your private inventory, fully furnished, as it was, and then go back to the current save and drop the house with all it's contents in place. This has happened to me before, more than once.

I don't yet know what the Flower Bunny has gifted the Monroe household and I honestly can't wait to find out. I checked their household inventory and nothing. Notification mentioned "send" but there was nothing in the mailbox when I was playing. I will check back, later again, to see. I read for the sugar skulls collection, you will a display case to show it off. I hope it's something as rad as that.

Whoever made the replica of Marilyn Monroe's house did an incredible job with landscaping. I could not even get to all of the plants outside and the sims managed to get the entire collection. I'm not sure if it's a collective of all my household, but I think it goes by household.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    @Brd709 Wow, that is quit a history. I think I may have picked up your story around Aunt Tina's time.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu There’s a bright side to everything 🙂 I still get confused by “sell everything” would the lot be empty if retuning to it later on? Or is that only the “keep everything” option?
    @Brd709 Wow 😲 It really changed through the years, inside and out. Awesome transformation it's had😎
    @LeucosiaX Yeah, putting everything back is what has me very lazy and part of the reason I’m leaning towards the burglary option 😆 When I saw everything was in the other household inventory I just quit too cause I didn’t even want to think about placing them back 😆
    Oo hope they get the reward soon, am curious too 😃
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,338 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves , "sell everything" means the lot stays how it is, keeping all will empty the lot to inventory :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited June 17
    @Brd709 Wow, that is quit a history. I think I may have picked up your story around Aunt Tina's time.

@GalacticGal I know i started posting my updates regularly here after my 1982 save. Sadly i don't have any save files dating back to pre-1982. Back then i played in just the one file but after reading what happens when doing that i learnt to create a new save file from time to time. For me, it's the end of each sim year.
    @Brd709 Wow 😲 It really changed through the years, inside and out. Awesome transformation it's had😎

@BlueSeaWaves I think you'll love what's coming next. I'm pretty pleased with what Sharon and her sister has managed to come up with.

The owner of Sheergolds has given me permission to share their progress after their fire:

Before the fire:
    V90MYd5.png

After the fire:
    X2eMeXp.png

I'll reveal more in the next update!
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX Thank you. I’m with @BlueSeaWaves, wonder what gifts your sims got?🙂

@BlueSeaWaves Oh no. The worst part is losing the photos and awards. 😢 I love how you found a way to make something interesting out of something so horrible. 😊
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 1,005 Member
    Big update today. Going to break it up a bit for those who run away from Walls of Text.

Note: this is set in a Sims 2 in Sims 4 save where all the neighborhoods are combined: I’m also playing the Regency mod, and connecting it to the TS2 storyline in which the Capp and Monty families were rivals for the vacant throne .

The Capp guardianship of the Goth Estate is close to coming to an end, but there have been unforeseen complications. Regan has become genuinely fond of her wards, especially Casandra’s illegitimate daughter Dina, who she dotes on constantly. When Regan and her brother Kent were granted guardianship, they hoped to establish an alliance with the Goth family, perhaps even envelope it. Plans were made of marrying Alexander and Hermia Capp to one another, and Kent had hopes of seducing Cassandra. Instead, Regan’s success in bringing Cassandra out of her depression prompted Cassandra’s neglectful fiance Don to finally ask her to marry him. Although Cassandra marrying and moving out of the house should be a good thing for the Capps (Kent’s inability to woo her aside), Regan’s actual friendship with Cassandra made her plead with Cassandra not to go forward with it. Don didn’t love her – if he had, he would have been a friend to her when she was depressed instead of avoiding her like a leper! Even worse, Don claimed that Dina wasn’t his daughter. Cassandra had been recovering nicely, but is still emotionally fragile and didn’t want to press the issue. Regan icily informed them both that if Don was not prepared to recognize Dina as his daughter, she would. Don and Cassandra have moved out of the Goth House, and Dina -- Gina -- will be raised as Regan’s adopted daughter.

cTtW3sz.jpeg
    Regan and the daughter who became hers, "Dina Goth" -- or, once she's a teen, "Gina Capp".

HacFkjl.jpeg
    Regan and Gina, redux. They go everywhere together.

B0KlFzi.jpeg
    Alexander and Hermia briefly courting before he discovered Ariel

qQg7X8y.jpeg
    Discovering Ariel. Watch those hands, mister!

Another complication arose when Regan suggested to her sister Goneril that it might be good if young Hal moved in with her: Hal hated living in Albany and Goneril’s big-city apartment, and was the only boy in a house of daughters. He and Alexander might be good company for each other. So they were, and having a friend helped Alexander recover from his own neuroticism – but then, Hal invited over his sister Ariel, and….well, now Alexander and Ariel are affianced. They fell in love almost instantly. Again, this is a boon for the House of Capp, but Regan had thought that her niece Hermia would be such a good fit for Alex, and is disappointed that her favorite nibling will remain single for now. (Nevermind that Hermia kind of wants to be single, being a loner.) Despite the Goth House now being permanently linked to the Capps, Regan finds herself missing Cassandra and worrying for her friend’s heart and future. She can’t fathom why an intelligent woman like Cassandra would tolerate being used like this by such a transparent hound as Don – to say nothing of the fact that he’s barely connected to the lower aristocracy. The man has to work for money, honestly. In the meantime, Alexander has made no mention of asking her to move out, and given that he and Ariel are expecting a baby, he might want to retain her as governess.

BCw4I5b.jpeg
    Cornwall and Miranda.

In Veronaville, Cornwall Capp has delivered the coup de grace to the Monty family. When Don Patrizio and Isabella died, the estate was inherited by young Romeo – but, because he had been imprisoned repeatedly, his uncle Antonio and aunt Bianca sued the estate to give ownership of it to Antonio. Cornwall Capp – who, it should be noted, changed his name to legally bind himself to the House of Capp despite having no blood connection – impishly told Romeo Monty that he would fight his case. The ensuing trials have exhausted Antonio and Bianca’s already diminished savings, and Romeo was compelled to offer payment to Antonio in the form of letting him live on the Monty Estate. Lord Tybalt and his aunt Goneril were so pleased that they agreed to let him court Miranda. The spectacle of Capps living in the Monty estate will obviously not stand for long, but Cornwall is enjoying it. Tybalt, Goneril, and Regan are also pleased at the triumph, but privately a little concerned that Cornwall’s decision to use residency as his payment will look like gloating or kicking a dead horse. Rather undigifnied for the House of Capp.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 1,005 Member

Note: this is set in a Sims 2 in Sims 4 save where all the neighborhoods are combined: I’m also playing the Regency mod, and connecting it to the TS2 storyline in which the Capp and Monty families were rivals for the vacant throne .

zYIYPyv.jpeg

At Capp Manor, Lord Tybalt Capp is gaining confidence and growing into his role as the lord and master of the House of Capp. Goneril, who governed the House before Tybalt reached his majority, is still a significant influence – particularly in mentoring Tybalt how to behave like a leader, with both grace and force. Tybalt’s day to day partner ins managing things is his cousin Regan, who pulled off the feat of tying the House of Goth firmly to the House of Capp. Lord Tybalt’s wife Angela (Pleasant) runs a lot of the business and communications activity, and is slowly displacing Goneril as the public face of the Capps. Tybalt and Angela have thus far been unable to have a boy: currently in the house are the twins, Contessa and Annie-Laurie, young Constance, and then even younger Aeneas. Nothing is said of Aeneas in public: he wasn’t born in Veronaville but he carries the Capp name as well its brilliant red hair.

MXo5t8Q.jpeg
    Gina, Contessa (Angela later forced her to dress like a princess of the blood royale), and Annie Laurie.

iHyviPz.jpeg
    Capp Manor has an odd dynamic in that Tybalt and Hermia are very much mom and dad despite Angela being the actual mom.

KchunBt.jpeg
    Awwww, I love this animation. Aunt Juliette teaches Annie Laurie how to ride a bike.

As to where Aeneas came from, well – that’s another story. Juliette and Hermia were originally living in Capp Manor while waiting for useful marriages to be arranged. Julieette was in the the strange place of being so attractive that appropriate matches were difficult to find -- and her youthful indiscretion with the violent Monty boy led to her being skittish of courtiers and especially closely monitored by Tybalt and Goneril. While Hermia delighted in being her nieces' governess, Juliette chaffed under the constant demands and begin saying absurd things like she wanted to move to the city with Rachel Pleasant and make a living playing the piano. Although she's a most accomplished pianist and composer, the idea of a Capp living in some hole in the whole and grubbing away for money -- to say nothing of a Capp lady -- makes it patently ridiculous. However, the mention of Rachel did present an idea.

49rjAuY.jpeg
    Everyone disapproves of Hal, who grew to be a handsome and very conceited young lad

wUXULEw.jpeg
    "Hi. I'm Handsome and Conceited."

Tybalt wanted Rachel and Juliette out of Capp Manor to make room for more children, but being women they needed to be attached to another Household. Hal Capp, Goneril's boy, was about to establish his own: perhaps Rachel and Juliette could join him, Juliette playing chaperone and matchmaker to her best friend and cousin? Unfortunately, after a brief trial run in which a house was built in San Sequoia, Hal ruined all the plans by falling for Rachel's younger sister, Laura. The two-way bond between Capp and Pleasant was now fully established, but it's just not proper to marry off younger daughters before their sisters. Tybalt ordered Hal back to Veronaville to keep a closer eye on him, but was greeted with rebellion from Juliette: she and Rachel were staying in the house in San Sequoia. Hal could take all the money, but they weren't budging: they'd pay their bills through Juliette's music and Rachel's woodcraft. The idea of two noble daughters defying their Houses was a daunting prospect, but Tybalt was able to coordinate with Daniel Pleasant to create a third alternative that brought satisfication to everyone: establishing Danny Pleasant Jr in his own Household, letting it purchase the house and incorporate Juliette and Rachel within it.

vu996tF.jpeg
    OT but Tybalt is an adorable dad

What no one knew was that Juliette and Rachel were both mothers to a set of twins named Aeneas and Hector. They insisted they'd found some place in San Sequoia that could create "science babies", and decided to do it because Juliette wanted her own family but on her own terms. Fortunately, San Sequoia was far enough away that no one had gotten wind of this, but if either woman were to have prospects the situation would need to be remedied. Unexpectedly, Danny Jr and Juliette hit it off: bonding over piano composition and the burden of familial expectations: they fell in love, and good-natured Danny was so smitten by Juliette that when he asked Tybalt for Juliette's hand in marriage, he declared he would raise the boys if they were his own. Tybalt agreed, but with one stipulation: Aeneas would be raised in Capp Manor at first, both so that at least one of the children would have proper guidance, but also has a way of...assuring more proper behavior from Juliette in future. Granted, she was the Pleasant’s trouble now, but the houses are now so fused that a threat to one is a threat to both.

vzmJsta.jpeg
    Juliette spun gay, but she got weirdly obsessed with Danny so I re-rolled and she landed on Questioning.

pzPCtKL.jpeg
    The Sequoia Capps. Hermia is being courted, and Danny is settling to life as a stepfather.

Svd7Hsw.jpeg
    Rachel and Juliette, besties. Also, Lilith, I realize you exist. I'm getting to you. You wandered off into the desert.

Rachel, meanwhile, was heartbroken. She considered herself and Juliette more than best friends, though nothing was said of this – and Rachel had hoped that Juliette would join her in open rebellion. Instead, she fell in love with a boy. Devastated, she’s been lingering in the house, divided between her desire to get away from the faithless Juliette and her desire to stay near little Hector.

Regan has observed all of this with deep sympathy. Had she known of Rachel’s feelings towards Juliette, she might have warned her away – not for inappropriateness (because Regan knows what it means to feel that way), but because Juliette was simply not ready for a mature relationship. She wanted to be worshipped, not merely loved: she wanted to live on a pedestal, and Danny gave that to her in spades. She certainly wasn’t mature enough to live a life in direct contradiction to familial expectations – but then, neither was Regan. For her, her life’s purpose was nothing but expanding and building up the House of Capp. Becoming the adoptive mother to Cassandra Lothario’s effectively abandoned daughter had changed her priorities a bit, but even so she kept a few important things under her vest.

P3OmJ4Q.jpeg
    Capp-Pleasant girls are in the house!

The settlement of Hermia Capp was, happily, absolutely bereft of drama. She was courted by Francis J. Worthington, from Outlands nobility, and after a season of attending balls and the like together they were married. In their season they discovered that neither of them was interested in romance, but they were both very interested in their families not nagging them constantly. Things got even better, for when Hermia reluctantly left Capp Manor to join Francis, she discovered that he had seven cats in his home. Hermia dutifully informed Francis that she wasn't moving in until he found homes for at least four of those cats: he happily responded that no cats were going anywhere, and so she responded with equal deight that she wasn't never moving in, not ever, and so they lived happily ever after in seperate houses doing their own thing and were blessedly unhectored by family.

sbx72Iz.jpeg
    Tybalt and Angela in their courting days

So to end: Tybalt has grown in authority and competency, the House of Capp has grown to such dominance that it seems unlikely the Montys will ever be able to press their claims to the throne. No resting on one's laurels, though.

IyrwoS2.jpeg
    The Pleasant Triplets taking on the mountain and becoming the first set of triplets to reach the peak. ("To be fair, though, they're the only set of triplets to try. I mean, triplets are rare....", muttered a local guide.)
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,114 Member
    I did a bit of a "what if" scenario after capturing a few screenshots I felt were missing.

What if Camilo Won?

There are 6 mermen that hold the title Guardian of the Seas in my story, and Camilo needs all 6 Guardians as well as their Voices to achieve his ultimate goal of becoming Ruler of the Seven Seas. Normally, the Guardians can work together to banish evil, but Camilo made that option impossible when he caught Rio and took his voice. Maybe, if Camilo's minions were a bit more reliable, he wouldn't be struggling as much to get the other 5 Guardians.

Anyways, I imagine that Camilo looks forward to taking the power to rule the seas one day. But bringing together the Guardians and taking their Power is no easy task. An evil villain can dream, right?
    53798948624_649d35efe9_k.jpg

53799047835_b923a70c80_k.jpg

53797684337_c740847298_k.jpg

For now, Camilo has two Reef Merfolk related to Guardians but the wrong mer he needs.
    53799047780_de3ae6497c_h.jpg

Camilo's only successful catch has been in this tank for an entire sim week. I'm starting to feel bad for Rio.
    53797684272_10632e4880_h.jpg

But, in the end, Camilo is a very long way away from his goals. I don't think he's to happy about that.
    53797684332_e125ece611_h.jpg
  • Options
    I spent a bit working on Big Sky Ranch. I have Aurora's she-shed done, mostly. 🙂
    06-17-24-8-36-35-PM.png
    06-17-24-8-37-48-PM.png

The kitchen/dining room is done.
    06-17-24-8-51-55-PM.png
    06-17-24-8-56-28-PM.png

I got a little bit of work done on the living room.
    06-17-24-9-39-34-PM.png

It's bed time. I'll work on this some more tomorrow evening. 😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top