Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,643 Member
    @GalacticGal, I had Rory Oaklow get that same midlife crisis, despite having a Fated Mate. I just ignored it. Eventually, midlife crisis does go away... and she didn't lose anything by ignoring the tasks.

Thank you. It did say due to his crisis, Erik has lost connections. I found it odd, that I realized while he still had his star level points, I had to go back in and place them again. What is up with that? I couldn't even recall exactly which ones I chose early on. Instead of being a relaxing thing to do, this game is suddenly getting my blood-pressure up. Not good. So, not good.

I hear you. I have days when I shout "forbidden words" at this game... and then I take a couple of days off from it and watch something cheerful on a certain mouse-themed streaming service. :) Eventually, I find my way back and work through whatever my problem is.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,593 Member
    @luciusstorm I'm so very close to the wedding . . .
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, because that's not stressful at all... :D

Isn't it funny how invested we get in the lives, loves and dreams of what are essentially digital dress-up dolls. Because, somehow, they aren't. We create their stories and those lives, loves and dreams are our own. :) It's cool...
  • Options
    @mightysprite I forgot to thank you for your kind words about Londyn. I'm so sorry.❤️

@luciusstorm Thank you.😊 Unfortunately their teen selves won't be in this new story. It would take too long to play through high school. I'm 'cheating' them skills, values, and grades they would have had. I never age kids or teens up until they're 'A' students and have max character values. This is just speeding things up. This little University story is in the same multiverse, it just starts a few years sooner on the Tartosan Sun timeline.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you❤️

Erik was only in high school for a week, at best. Make sure your Sims have A's, high logic and high fitness. This will let them receive the phone calls inviting them to graduate early. Cheat them up, if you need to for story purposes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    @GalacticGal, because that's not stressful at all... :D

Isn't it funny how invested we get in the lives, loves and dreams of what are essentially digital dress-up dolls. Because, somehow, they aren't. We create their stories and those lives, loves and dreams are our own. :) It's cool...

They are characters I created in my head, first, then in CAS. Through this medium, the are allowed to come to life. And, poor Erik, in many ways and iterations, has gotten the short-shriff upon occasion.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,870 Member
    @mightysprite I forgot to thank you for your kind words about Londyn. I'm so sorry.❤️

@luciusstorm Thank you.😊 Unfortunately their teen selves won't be in this new story. It would take too long to play through high school. I'm 'cheating' them skills, values, and grades they would have had. I never age kids or teens up until they're 'A' students and have max character values. This is just speeding things up. This little University story is in the same multiverse, it just starts a few years sooner on the Tartosan Sun timeline.

@Ellupelluellu Thank you❤️

Erik was only in high school for a week, at best. Make sure your Sims have A's, high logic and high fitness. This will let them receive the phone calls inviting them to graduate early. Cheat them up, if you need to for story purposes.

It's the number of sims involved. I have five main characters going to University for sure. Danielle, Summer, and Liberty will be going in one save. Londyn will be going in another save and the same for Darian. I'm doing separate saves so nobody accidentally meets too soon. When they're done with Uni I'll save their characters and import them into the new main save later.

Then there's Leonardo and Matteo and the party boy life before Liberty came along.

Not much happened in my game today. Not yet at least. While I was setting up the BFF household I did come across this. Travis is still a shallow jerk. I couldn't help spotting the look on his face when he walked past Summer.

ddra1rC.jpeg

According to WonderfulWhims he thinks Summer is abhorrently ugly.

upYepEN.png

I checked his profile, and he feels the same about Liberty. Guess what Trav, they're too good for you. I hope the ladies don't get their hopes up too high with him.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Ellupelluellu :D not to worry, his name is in fact Brady.
    @luciusstorm it is a nice way to look at it, like we know we don't have to justify why sims is our thing but when you try to it's often just more than what a nonsimmer is ever gonna see. :)
    @DaniRose2143 wow Trav is pretty bold considering when I see him he reminds me of a dirty wet hairball, hehe.

Mmkay I don't remember starting off this way before but I have deleted sims that I don't care to keep and some premades just because who needs them and started my short legacies with two couples, guess we'll see if their paths cross.
    oUy0Mz0h.png
    Now I know who is who, Kerina (yellow) is so excited her wife Aleina is gonna have a baby.
    M2O27bLh.png
    Decided to drop Mckenna in this save and fixed Akira just for her.
    Lq6OwFMh.png
    She had to take a deep breath of relief that he was excited their family was expanding they haven't been a thing that long, as is the way on short.
    RRE1xwuh.png
    I wonder how many kids each couple will have.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, looks like you need to reset the WW Attractiveness preferences. :)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,939 Member
    Sad news from Flex household.....

EXsq4DP.png

WARNING , very sad stuff under spoiler. :(:'(
    They were finishing Sunday dinner when camera zoomed to Sugar.
    JsWoeCV.png
    l2GwQ8J.png

Everyone cried their hearts out.
    KkO1tbQ.png
    Fuyskuu.png

"WATCHER!!! WHYYYYY??? MEOW!!!!"
    pzv7cGU.png
    aULcmBz.png

Sugar got the best spot of the livingroom.
    kdQQnkt.png
    KHIE2w5.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu No! No no no no no!😭😭😭

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,893 Member
    @Ellupelluellu so sad. 🥺 He was a good boy. ❤️
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143, looks like you need to reset the WW Attractiveness preferences. :)

Yeah, that was the default. I still want him to be a jerk and play a part in Liberty and Summer following Danielle to Tartosa. But really Travis? You aren't the prize you think you are. Like, you're average at best dude.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu... nope, nope, nope... nope. :'(
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    Luna and Selene as children! I gave Luna the "Loves the Outdoors" trait and the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration, and Selene got Creative and Artistic Prodigy.

FApxNNR.jpg
    fmpOwke.jpg
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,445 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    All good things must come to an end
    JK🤪
    …maybe 🫣
    Very nice makeover for Summer, great blouses too 😁 Will keep an eye out for when you upload their university days. Good luck with sending those 3 to uni. Travis, go away!
    Like, you're average at best dude.
    Lmao so true 😆

@mightysprite Thats true, but I feel like if they break up again thats it 😭 The game really wants to continue their on and off 😆
    I don’t really do aspirations since I always stick to the same one so I mostly avoid them.
    Yay mom’s visiting! Lmao that you were excited for the vampire breakin, first time Vlad broke in was creeped out 😆 Very comforting words there 😅

@RedDestiny92 Oo I like your spin to it, maybe it is a hint for them to move in 😁
    They newly weds are cute and Brady 🥰 Ooo they’re expecting! 😁

@Caerfinon Ah yes, I think we’ve all been in her situation with a coworker like that😆

@Ellupelluellu RIP Sugar 😞 The shot when they looked over to Pepper is sweet though like “good bye little buddy” 🥹

@Lucy_Henley Aw they’re cute, pretty nice combination of traits for the twins.
  • Options
    “I don’t look dorky with this sweater right?”
    Alexis looked down and wasn’t sure what Pico was barking about.
    fHPLUsQ.png “Looking great buddy” His eyes 🥹vO5QuCO.png
    Alexis set up her table and immediately a protest began, their issue? Everything being expensive 🫠ZFMGSuw.png “Heheh tough crowd” jpAEN8g.png This guy bought a piece from her and then joined the rally complaining directly at her. He wasn't forced to buy anything😭 ljAT1Us.png Message received, she ended her sales for the day
  • Options
    edited April 18
    @BlueSeaWaves It's sad to say goodbye to the old save. I got really emotional setting up separate saves for Danielle and Londyn earlier. It feels so wrong to see one of them in the game without the other. They'll be together again. Just like before. And their romance will be all the sweeter the second time around.

Pico may not agree, but I think he looks really handsome.❤️ Like wow.😳 That guy had an attitude from the start. Don't let him get you down Alexis. You're doing great girl!😃
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143
    And their romance will be all the sweeter the second time around.
    Love a good romance ☺️
    Pico says thank you 😃 Lol yeah that guy, when he bought something I was like "ok I guess you can stay" but that changed quickly😭 Everyone was paying more attention to the protest than on her, hoping next time its better 🤞
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Ellupelluellu I feel a bit numb I had so many lost pets in my oldest legacy, I would put the pics of them in black and white when they passed, now I always want to see them in color.
    @BlueSeaWaves who knows only their creator can be for sure :* I always liked a nice fresh start while reviving my game from mod lock down lol. I have to say, I would have immediately raised my prices and threatened them with pools and fences around them! Ha.
    @DaniRose2143 It'll be fun to set up all the same, though you're right even in sims ya can't just split them up and feel nothing darn pixels.

I got some pics but it was before work so you can see them now, mmkay these aren't interesting pics but I thought it was funny I accidentally, matched them to their work stations.
    N4uT6vDh.png
    wbkAYWuh.png
    11ubJhqh.png
    Anyhow, this distinguished gentleman is the new dog of Akira and Mckenna, his name is Benson.
    kcp1apsh.png
    He decided he loves it here.
    Dz8QpkGh.png
    Had to check on my ladies.
    4OtiI3Bh.png
    While they were canoodling Brady was on the prowl.
    lz6xsVUh.png
    I guess he needed to prepare before stalking the invading light and showing it who is the boss, he can't for the life of him imagine why they are so happy about this intruder.

"Isn't he just the cutest?"

"He really is. <3 "

Brady finds that offensive, he is certainly the cutest thing on the floor. (they are talking about him but I imagine he likes to make his own problems.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 @simgirl1010 @luciusstorm , "No" was my first reaction too, almost quit without saving. But this is my only save with aging on, my try to real generational gameplay. it would of been there again.

@BlueSeaWaves , I thought it was cute too <3 And Pepper was loudest of them all.
    Pico looks handsome (and a bit of nerdy, but don't tell him...shhhh... o:) ) lol, talking about poor timing of the sales :D

@RedDestiny92 , awwww Benson is cute!!! BRADY! <3<3 You can see if there is pets involved my eyes kinda ignore the human sims :smiley:

• Options
    @BlueSeaWaves I felt so bad for Alexis. Such bad luck with the timing. She'll do much better next time.😃

@RedDestiny92 Aww, Benson and Brady are soooo cute!🥰

@Ellupelluellu You're stronger than me.😊 I could never do a legacy.

I spent some time in the old save this morning. It's been a good morning for the ladies, especially Danielle! Londyn's on a roll with her paintings. She's had 5 masterpieces in a row!
    97ZN7Ux.jpg

Danielle wrote two new books. The first one was Londyn's Book of Life.❤️ The second one was her latest bestseller, Wild and Free.
    cqHHX4g.jpg

That book was a big one. It made her a Global Superstar!
    RZOwU62.png
    fBciNF0.jpg

The timing was perfect. I was getting ready to shut down and get ready for work. I'll get pictures of the tile placement this evening.

• Options
    edited April 18
    @DaniRose2143 Don't worry about him. Clearly, he's a LOSER. LOL I'm strongly considering placing my saves into a brand new game. I've done it before, and it's about that time again. It is Spring, after all. Time for some cleaning.

@RedDestiny92 Best of luck with your 'new' Legacy.

@Ellupelluellu I'm so sorry for your loss. Sugar was a noble friends and will be remembered forever.

@BlueSeaWaves, oh, man that's rough. I've yet to try to sell anything. Been saving that for my Ancestral save. Both sides of my family (18th century) had Trading Posts.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 , oh, will be interesting Gala :smiley:
    @GalacticGal , thank you :)

For some reason I need a break from Sugar's save, and happily my lovely pug Mopsi is enjoying his almost eternal life in my main save :smile:
    XtAOEKd.png

• Options
    I found out yesterday that MWS is still a wreck. It's been quite some time since I had a wedding in my game. I even did what I thought would make things easier to wrangle. (Turned Autonomy off.) Less than brilliant move on my part. For all of the patches and refreshing that was allegedly done, this was more than a mere disaster. I wasn't even able to take any descent pictures of the event. It did teach me one thing, however. That chapel I built inside the castle was too narrow. I went back and moved some walls, a bit. I'm also concerned that either cc or a mod(s) was interfering. I didn't get the dropdown menu of goals once I clicked on Let's Start. I plan on rolling back. This wedding is too important for it to have come off the way it did.

@luciusstorm You'll get a laugh out of this, I'm sure. Guess who showed up, uninvited? Not his Best Man, Grigory, (he ended up being a no-show) but Graven, the unworthy Prime Minister. How weird, does the game know?
    *~~*~~*~~*~~*

The chosen Officiant also was M.I.A. The two youngest in the party did okay, but Michael either had the ring box in his pocket . . . and Mandi did fling one handful of petals near the arch. However, that Prime Minister sat his patootie down on the runner, and everybody had to maneuver around him. Not only that, but Jamison also stood in the middle of the aisle. I tried to have him take a seat. You know, click on the bench and select sit. That didn't work and believe me I tried several times. Then I decided to Transport him to another side of the room. He wasn't taking direction.

The pièce de résistance, however, was when I chose to 'send two' down the aisle. I chose Erik and Harmony, the bride. Why his sister was suddenly standing in the aisle and took his arm was beyond me. I tried to have him walk his daughter down the aisle, which he did. But the two had to veer around Jamison. Yeah, he continued to stand there like the dork he can be sometimes. Talk about being mean. My own late brother would never have done that, and he could be truly mean. Oi!

The worst of this is I went in search of a mod that fixes MWS. The only one that was a fix for it, was Carl's. His hasn't been updated since EA 'fixed' MWS. Face/palm.

P.S. I also learned one must place the cake topper on the cake, before it goes into the inventory for later placement. Once at the venue with the Event started there simply was no way to add it.

• Options
    @GalacticGal, sometimes, the game just knows. :)

Personally, I use MWS for the clothes and the build/buy stuff. The few weddings I've held since I got it have been small, basic affairs with any fancy stuff being drawn not from the game scenario but from my own placement of sims, creative screen captures and writing. Disappointing, but still... it's got some nice clothes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top