Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pools not giving hygiene

So I'm here mostly on behalf of the Sims 4 History Challenge thread, as we are all having real issues with the pools no longer providing hygiene for Sims who swim in them. We used to be able to have Sims swim laps or just swim in pools and they would eventually get clean, however this no longer works and Sims can't get hygiene from pools anymore. I'm not sure if it's just that they're exercising so much that their rate of hygiene decay is the same as the rate of hygiene addition (raise? I'm not sure what word to use).

This is a real issue for the Sims 4 History challenge as the Sims progress through history from cavemen to the modern age, and in the prehistoric era we use "natural" pools to keep our Sim's hygiene up. For now we can use sinks for this, but would really like to go back to the realistic use of natural water for getting prehistoric Sims clean. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?
Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited December 2015
    Try to give them the gym rat trait so their hygiene does not drop anymore while swimming. Or drink the instant hygiene potion. Sorry if this doesn't sound very cavemen like but I can't think of anything else to make their hygiene go down.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Susie101Susie101 Posts: 4 New Member
    I can confirm that the pools are bugged, and the gym rat trait doesn't help...The problem is that there's no hygiene rise, rather than it being net negative. I'm also doing the History Challenge, so this is a bummer. We technically can't use Instant Hygiene Potions until the medieval ages...
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    They're not bugged. I just think the team doesn't want to make pools work the way they used to in previous games. Just like how now, painting doesn't really make your fun go up.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Susie101Susie101 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @DeKay said:
    > They're not bugged. I just think the team doesn't want to make pools work the way they used to in previous games. Just like how now, painting doesn't really make your fun go up.

I think painting in the Sims 4 still works the same way it did pre-patch. Sims that are not creative will not get a fun boost when painting and their fun meter will tank fast. However, my Sims that have the creative trait can max out their fun while painting. I can understand if they want to make pools work differently from previous games, but I couldn't find anything in the patch notes about pools' functionality being changed.
  • Options
    But were the pools actually improving sim's hygiene in the beginning? I don't think so but I might be wrong. I remembered that I was a bit surprised as well when it didn't.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I don't recall that the pools ever improved hygiene in Sims 4.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    edited December 2015
    Pools definitely used to give hygiene. I'm doing a LP for the History challenge and have several videos where they use pools for hygiene.
    Here is one: Starting about 15:00 they get in the pool and you can see their hygiene go up. Apologies for the sound quality...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0boRhNzps
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Pools also give a lot less fun to my sims.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ewright9 wrote: »
    Pools definitely used to give hygiene. I'm doing a LP for the History challenge and have several videos where they use pools for hygiene.
    Here is one: Starting about 15:00 they get in the pool and you can see their hygiene go up. Apologies for the sound quality...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0boRhNzps

Interesting. I don't think ever had that happening in my game before.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    DeKay wrote: »
    They're not bugged. I just think the team doesn't want to make pools work the way they used to in previous games. Just like how now, painting doesn't really make your fun go up.

The pools do give fun (not sure about hygiene) or at least they used to haven't played with them. It's probably a bug. What sense would even make for pools NOT to give fun? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

The pools do give fun (not sure about hygiene) or at least they used to haven't played with them. It's probably a bug. What sense would even make for pools NOT to give fun? :p

Yeah, I guess now there's a possibility that it might be bugged. The only bug the pool has for me is that the reflections are very jagged.

I don't know if the pool not giving much fun anymore is a bug cuz all my sims have the gym rat trait, so they're always having fun swimming. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello.
    You may like to post a report on this issue on AHQ EA site too. It would be helpful to post a link to your video to show how the pool previously raised hygiene levels.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs