Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Royal Family Legacy

This challenge is kind of a legacy challenge designed around the idea of a royal family. Your objective is to get to 10 generations with the same, full-blooded royal line.

To Start:
In CAS, you may either create a king, a queen, or both. Your starter royal must have the Successful Lineage aspiration. If creating both a king and a queen, you may give it to both or just the king.

Once you’ve created your founder(s), place the household on the largest lot available, preferably 50 x 50, or if playing in Newcrest, 50 x 40. Once they have been placed, use a money cheat to give your royal family anywhere from $2 million to $5 million. Move your household into some sort of large building, preferably a castle.

Start Playing!

Rules:

Inheritance

Heirs may be chosen by the creator. The most common and simple is first-born male, but if you’d rather do a matriarchy, it would be the first born female.

If a child has the Insane trait, he or she is never eligible for the throne, no matter how direct of an heir he/she may be.

The throne is relinquished only when the King dies. The throne then goes to the eldest son (or daughter, if you’re playing a matriarchy). If the heir is not yet a YA, then a Regent (usually the Queen or a close relative of the King) may be chosen to rule for him.

If the King dies without leaving any direct heirs, or the heir dies before taking the throne, the line then goes:
  • The King’s sons (eldest to youngest)
  • The King’s brothers (eldest to youngest)
  • The King’s brother’s sons (eldest to youngest)
  • The King’s sisters’ sons (eldest to youngest)
  • The King’s daughters (eldest to youngest)
  • The King’s daughters’ sons (eldest to youngest)
  • Any other relatives the King may have (eldest to youngest)
  • Children born to the King outside of the royal marriage (The most fit to rule)
The line of inheritance may be changed/specifically laid out by the King before he dies if he chooses.

Disownment:

Every once in a while, a member of the royal family may do something that calls for disownment. Examples of this may include pregnancy before marriage, attempting to disrupt the line of inheritance, or general misbehavior. If this happens, the offender should be moved into a starter home with any spouse they may have. Children of the transgressor are to be kept and raised in the castle as if they were now a part of the royal family. The members of the royal family must try to have no contact with the disowned.

Marriage:

All women in the royal family should preferably be married off by the time they are an Adult. All unmarried female members of the family must remain in the castle until marriage. When marrying off a female royal, a suitable dowry must be paid to the husband and they must move out of the castle and into a respectable house.

All heirs to the throne must be married before or after taking the throne. When choosing a spouse for your heir, you have several options: create noble families to live around you and marry off or marry a townie. The objective, when arranging a marriage, is to make connections with important people. Therefore, you should aim to arrange marriages with “noble” townie families such as the Goths, Landgraabs, etc. Any family that lives in a big house or has over 35,000 simoleons is eligible for nobility.

All heirs should marry someone of the opposite gender. This is to preserve the line and reach the 10th generation. Note that if an heir does marry a Sim of the same gender, his/her line effectively stops and the throne is not passed down the heir’s line but instead to the next eligible heir.

After a marriage, if the newlywed is a spare, the couple must move out of the family home. The couple should either move into the spouse’s home or be granted funds to buy their own.

Relationships, Affairs, Divorces, etc.

Arranged marriages are encouraged to keep that element of medieval royal life. However, relationships before marriage are okay and may even add to the drama if you’re a storyteller like me. These relationships are looked as “scandalous” by the public, so just remember that.
Depending on his/her traits, it is not uncommon for the King or Queen to have a separate lover. Keep in mind that any children born outside of the royal marriage are not directly eligible for the throne. Divorce is again, scandalous, and should be avoided. In Victorian, medieval, etc. eras, they just executed the queen if she was caught in an affair. Fun, right?

Children

Every child that is born into the royal family must have his/her traits randomized. The King and Queen should try to have as many heirs as they can.

Children must get A’s in school and finish their aspirations. Each child must have some sort of skill built to at least level 5 before aging to a YA.

Careers

The King and Queen may not have careers, nor may the heirs of each generation. Spares may work, but only as YAs and older and only in accepted careers. Spares that choose a job that is not respectable should be disowned.

Accepted Careers: Astronaut, Business, Painter, Secret Agent, Tech Guru, Writer, Scientist, Doctor, Police Officer

Unaccepted Careers: Entertainer, Athlete, Criminal, Culinary,

If using a patriarchy, direct female descendants of the King should not work. They may paint, write, etc.
Teens may not have jobs.

Above all, have fun! No royal family is perfect. Create drama and a storyline! Have fun!

Comments

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Are you playing through this? I'm doing a similar type challenge and I've been posting updates on it :smiley: It's fun!

Check out my story so far here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/852751/tudor-challenge-my-progress-w-screenshots#latest
  • Options
    GhostHedaGhostHeda Posts: 4 New Member
    This sounds like a pretty fun challenge! I might do this on my channel along with my LP. I have this page bookmarked so I can credit you :smiley:
  • Options
    SparkleSims0986SparkleSims0986 Posts: 642 Member
    @Imkiture I am currently playing through. I just created my starters and updates will be up shortly! @GhostHeda Thank you so much!
  • Options
    And here are my starter royals... The Snow family

2co4qpu.jpg

King James Snow. His aspiration is Successful Lineage and has the traits of Materialistic, Romantic, and Hot-Headed.

jqkv4p.jpg

Queen Gwyneth Snow has the aspiration of Mansion Baron. Her traits are Family Oriented, Cheerful, and Outgoing.

• Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    They look awesome! Can't wait to see what happens :smiley:

• Options
    Chapter 1

2m48tx3.jpg

"It's a beautiful castle," Queen Gwyneth said.

"I forget that you were only a duchess before we married," King James replied, his voice friendly but formal. "It's probably a bit larger than what you're used to."

The Queen nodded and the King gazed upon his new home with pride, his Materialistic trait satisfied. He was so happy that he picked a rose from a nearby rose bush and presented it to his wife. She was surprised by this gesture, even though she knew he was a Romantic Sim. She accepted the rose and replied with a compliment, and soon both were in a slightly flirty mood.

fd9e8l.jpg

"Shall we enter our new home?" The king asked, and the queen accepted.

"When do the servants get here?" The Queen asked.

"Tomorrow, I believe," King James replied, "and construction of the nursery begins tomorrow."

"The nursery?"

"In the Snow line, we always have a separate nursery constructed for daughters born to the King," King James replied casually. Queen Gwyneth was confused, as her family had always raised the daughters in the same household as the heirs. She was also nervous, as she knew it was her job to provide the king with many sons.

The King smiled. "You look lovely tonight, my queen." Before they knew it, their flirty emotions overcame them...

x2sd53.jpg

One thing led to another, and...

2m5bdwj.jpg

Knowing that she could very well be pregnant with an heir, so she took a pregnancy test.

33wl0kk.jpg

It came out positive, and she was filled with both relief and dread, with a little twinge of doubt. Was she ready to become a mother?

The next morning, as Queen Gwyneth ate breakfast alone, a black-haired teenager strolled into the room. Alarmed, Queen Gwyneth turned to her. "Are you one of the servants?"

"Yes, m'lady," the girl said. "My name is Alice. I am to be your new maid and nanny."

10nicty.jpg

The queen gave a Cheerful smile and chatted with Alice a bit more. Meanwhile, while on his daily morning run, the King came across a fiery redhead. Stopped by his Romantic trait, he gave her a charming smile and began to flirt with her...

14ax06v.jpg

Back in the castle, Queen Gwyneth suspected nothing as she painted her worries away.
  • Options
    Chapter 2-A Little Princess

Queen Gywneth's pregnancy passed quickly. She spent her days painting while the King spent his working and meeting his subjects.

33mykvc.jpg

One night at dinner, she felt waves of pain in her lower abdomen.

Gwyneth: Oohf! I think I'm going into labor.

James: Wait-right now? Alice, you know what to do, right?

Alice: No, Your Majesty, I'm just a teenager.

jj49it.jpg

The Queen suffered through three long hours of labor while Alice tried to calm her and James read a book.

Alice: It'll be okay, m'lady.

Gwyneth: Let's hope it's a boy. It is my duty to give the king heirs.

15dsakj.jpg

Finally, it was over, and the royal family welcomed Princess Catherine Snow into the family. Though the Queen was disappointed in not producing an heir, she loved the little princess with all her heart. King James, however, had the Hot-Headed trait and was less pleased.

2w7pn5g.jpg

The Queen knew she had to produce an heir, so the next night she and her husband tried again... and she gave him the good news.

2ch3ztw.jpg

Not so long after that, it was time for Princess Catherine to age up and leave the household to live with the nanny. The royal family held a party, inviting all the prominent townies-the Landgraabs, the Goths, the Spencer-Lewis-Kims, and the Calientes.

zlvgah.jpg

At around midnight, the little Princess aged up, acquiring the trait of Geek and the aspiration Social Butterfly.

2yoq0k1.jpg

She immediately made friends with almost everyone, and even the King felt his heart warming to his daughter. The King and Queen noticed Catherine chatting with Quincy Goth, one of the youngest Goth triplets, and decided to talk to Bella and Mortimer about an arranged marriage.

fa35ns.jpg

Catherine: Did you know that I'm a princess?

Quincy: Yeah, my mom told me. My dad said we might be married when we're older.

Catherine: Married? EW! I want to stay here forever.

Meanwhile, the King was getting a little juiced and reckless, and Katrina Caliente noticed this. After only a few drinks more and flirtatious comments, they retreated to a secret room hidden behind a door disguised as a bookcase...

mbpahu.jpg

The night and party came to a close as the sun rose over the castle. The King and Queen knew it was time to say goodbye to their eldest daughter.

Catherine: But Mother, I don't want to go.

Gwyneth: You're only going next door, sweetheart. And Nanny May will look after you.

Catherine: But I'll miss you.

Gwyneth: We'll still see you from time to time.

James: We won't forget about you.

Catherine: I understand. Goodbye.

Gwyneth: Goodbye, darling.

addzba.jpg

• Options
    Queen__SamQueen__Sam Posts: 4 New Member
    Where do you get these awesome outfits for the royal sims? :)
  • Options
    lily2743lily2743 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I've tried out this legacy. Its super fun @SparkleSims0986 :blush:

I'll post up my 2 royals later. Their names are Annabelle Hamilton and Bradley Hamilton.

Xoxox
  • Options
    SapphicNovaSapphicNova Posts: 6 New Member
    I have started this challenge and am finding it pretty fun. My patriarch has five children out of my goal of eight. I have a basement full of children and a serious issue vendetta with the monster under the bed. He just aged up into an adult and still needs three more children and to marry off all of his daughters before the heir can officially take over.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    great story but a word of advice if you don't want the plumbbob to be seen use "headlineeffects off" after using "testingcheaton" it makes for better pictures
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hey guys

I'm no longer playing this legacy (got a new pc, so I lost the save), so this will no longer be a venue for my story. But please, please, please! Feel free to play this challenge and post your own legacies here. I wanna see! I think this challenge is super fun.

Thanks @MadameLee for the tip!
  • Options
    Hey guys

I'm no longer playing this legacy (got a new pc, so I lost the save), so this will no longer be a venue for my story. But please, please, please! Feel free to play this challenge and post your own legacies here. I wanna see! I think this challenge is super fun.

Thanks @MadameLee for the tip!

I'm in the middle of writing a made-up legacy of my own's its in my siggy.. but maybe after I'm done (and since i have a way to go) I will try.

But you appeared to forgot one thing in your changelle depending on the "House" (ie royal family) if there are no egilble sons it goes to the person's eldest daughter. For instant, Queen Victoria only became Queen because of the fact her dad had been dead + her Uncle William didn't have any children.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee The rules are kind of all made up in the way I wanted to play haha. In my "kingdom" it was sort of a whole "anyone before the girls because girls are useless" attitude, but if you would like to change that, that is so okay!! I just want people to have fun :)
  • Options
    @MadameLee The rules are kind of all made up in the way I wanted to play haha. In my "kingdom" it was sort of a whole "anyone before the girls because girls are useless" attitude, but if you would like to change that, that is so okay!! I just want people to have fun :)

by the way can Sims in Royal Family legacy be in the Political career if they have City Living EP?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TsukihasbeenhereTsukihasbeenhere Posts: 46 Member
    This sounds so fun! Perhaps a good thing to play in-between my 100 Baby Challenge when things get a little dry.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »

by the way can Sims in Royal Family legacy be in the Political career if they have City Living EP?

Yes! I think you could do that, that could be interesting.
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    I might try out this challenge! It'll give me a chance to play TS4.
  • Options
    SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    This sounds like a fun challenge! =D I might change some of the rules and try this myself together with the off the grid challenge and 10x10 legacy challenge =D
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • Options
    Riley_brookeRiley_brooke Posts: 6 New Member
    Oh! I've been doing a challenge like this for a while, but a bit different. My starting sim was a female named Anora Mellark, the princess, and she married a man named Sebastian Cheyenne. I built a castle for them, and soon they had twin girls named Emmaline and Sierra. In my challenge, there are three floors to the castle. The first floor is the servant quarters, kitchen, living room, etc. The second floor is the boys/heirs room and the king and queens living space. The third floor is the girls nursery and extra rooms. Currently we have teenage Sierra and Emmaline, twin boys who are children named Nathan and Ryan. I'm planning on Nathan or Ryan to become the heirs. Anora had an affair with a vampire, and gave birth recently to twin girls Jenny and Angel. I still don't know if they're vampires or not, but I will find out soon
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Now there's a Monarchy career nod!!!

http://simfileshare.net/download/500473/
  • Options
    RoyalOperaRoyalOpera Posts: 1 New Member
    Royal Opera House Mumbai winning an Award of Merit in the 2017 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation was the feather in the cap and big shot in the arm for this mammoth task of resonation. It was indeed a proud Moment for all the Mumbaikars and All Indians for us to have won this accolade.

royaloperahouse dot in
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    edited October 2019
    There's an actual royalty mod!!! It keeps up with the line and gives the Monarch the ability to name a heir and create nobility https://llazyneiph.tumblr.com/royalty-mod
  • Options
    Hallie1003Hallie1003 Posts: 1 New Member
    i have a idea. ok so, im gonna have 2 generations perfect 2nd better than first one but still the 2nds has 3 kids 2 sons 1 daughter the daughters a bit of a rebel and doesnt take orders well the son that was heir has to go find and get the daughter from a party shes not supposed to be at, on the way he encounters a hitman hired to kill him. he dies so when she comes back everyone finds out but the other son is only 2 at the time and a heir will be needed in 3 years when the king retires. the daughter was 15 at the time and had to take over at 17 she falls in love with a female but has to get married to a male. she marries him an gets pregnant. she expects only 1 or 2 children but gets pregnant with quintuplets she has them but the father realizes after a year the only boy prefers playing with the girls toys so he leaves because hes sexist she goes back to the girl and marries her but nobody to stop her now the girl takes the kids in as her own to but she is secretly a criminal and the girl who gave birth to kids secretly has the insane and clubber trait (clubber is a ustom trait) but nobody knows because she only has friends who are not noble who dont care it gets known when the kids are 13 and then some vote to have her removed and the others realize shes been doing good this whole time so who cares so the ones voting her out gets overthrown anyway the live fine until she gets kidnapped and they have no leads for a year so the criminal is forced to be full queen and get married then they find her and the criminal gets divorced and they marry again by that time the kids are 16 then all the kids except one states that they hate the idea of being queen/king and the one who stays is lesbian but the son is bisexual and so is one more daughter but the other 2 daughters are straight then it continues