Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the one bug fix that you hope will be in Thursday's patch?

For me I hope they fix a bug that was introduced in the December patch where if your sims visit a another lot while another sim is at work or school the sim who is at work or school won't take care of their needs such as bladder or hunger. This includes going to a GTW work lot.

It exacerbate the worst feature of the Sims 4 in my mind. One of things I really don't like about the Sims 4 is the inability to queue up actions for sims on different lots. I can't for example have Eliza Pancakes at home writing on the computer while at the same time as I have Bob Pancakes fishing in the Sylvan glade. I can jump between Bob and Eliza but the moment I do the sim on the inactive lot will drop whatever they are doing.

One of the effects of this bug is I can't even send Bob to the Sylvan glade even when Eliza is at work because she won't eat or go to the toilet at work while Bob is at the Sylvan Glade (or any other non home lot).

So I feel trapped, hedged in. My sims rarely leave their home lot. I can't believe it is June already and they still haven't fixed this bug.

I haven't played the game since the 25th May. When I get the patch I will load the game, examine the public areas of Newcrest (because if you are sticking to one lot the quality of the public areas is really important) and then I will test to see if the the bug has been fixed. If it hasn't I guess the next time I load my game will be when they bring out the July patch.
tsNVdyA.png
Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.

Comments

• Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    There's so many of them but If I had to choose just one it would be culling...... But then again I HATE the incest too. It's kinda hard to pick
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    I dont really play the game often enough to experience most of the big bad bugs like culling and incest, but I know a lot of people do have problems with them so I'll say I hope they both get fixed in this patch! :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited June 2015
    One? For me personally, the career SP being applied to played Sims.

@Moon_Willow, I don't think that task-dropping is a bug; it's designed into the game. There was a long discussion with devs last winter in, IIRC, Feedback, about handling of this sort of thing plus away actions generally. Devs were quite active in the discussion, and I think that it would have been ID'd as a bug if it was. I'd suggest posting a topic to feedback, so the devs in charge of game-tweaking see it. Add a link from here so people can "me too".
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I hope the routing issues get fixed.

invite a Sim in then go back outside to finish the conversations in the cue

sit down stand up bug when cleaning up or putting food/books

going to the 3rd story bathroom to wash dishes etc. when there are 4 of the best fully upgraded sinks in the kitchen

Sims moving to another location to do tasks like homework when they are already seated at a perfectly good table w/ siblings

Lots of routing issues!

How about putting food/drink/book down before going to do a task like gardening etc. They don't then they to walk all the way back to the table on the (farthest away table, a picnic table in the public area) front porch just to set the object down. Then they go all the way back through the house to the backyard garden. (unless they get interrupted by a family member asking for a hug etc. and the gardening action drops to converse with other Sims)

The romantic conversation bug. example: parents are flirting in a romantic conversation and another family randomly joins in and gets a romantic relationship with one or both parent (incest bug was only partially fixed)
  • Options
    Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member

@Moon_Willow, I don't think that task-dropping is a bug; it's designed into the game. There was a long discussion with devs last winter in, IIRC, Feedback, about handling of this sort of thing plus away actions generally. Devs were quite active in the discussion, and I think that it would have been ID'd as a bug if it was. I'd suggest posting a topic to feedback, so the devs in charge of game-tweaking see it. Add a link from here so people can "me too".

The task dropping is not the bug I am talking about I talking about sims not taking care of their needs at work while the active sim is not on the home lot. It exacerbates the task dropping because I can't even send a sim away from the home lot even when the other sim is at work. So to use my Bob and Eliza example If I keep Bob at home while Eliza is working on the computer and instead send him to the Sylvan Glade when Eliza is at work is one way around the task dropping conundrum except by ability to do that is limited because of the bug. Eliza gets really uncomfortable because she can't go to the toilet and loses any job performance she may have gained by completing her daily task of writing.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    For me it is the Geo Council. It has not worked for me since day 1 (and I literally bought it at like 9AM the very first day BestBuy had it) so I've never been able to experience it properly yet.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I think the most sever issue right now (not a bug) is the no culling thing.
    it affects family play and family tree. I hope they did something with that
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    While I don't like coming back to a family to find that a teen-ager has a romantic relationship with her mother, I usually just ignore that and incorporate into the story the sadness that results when she sees her parents embracing.

But the job bug is one I want fixed. It's bad enough when my sim who has no fitness points becomes a level 8 athlete, but I worry that my hard-working sims who are reaching the tops of their careers will suddenly find themselves unemployed.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I have one bug that's annoying me and that's when my Sims watch tv and they turn it off, it doesn't get turned off, I need to manually click it, not so annoying in the beginning but ugh it's getting on my nerves now haha!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I have one bug that's annoying me and that's when my Sims watch tv and they turn it off, it doesn't get turned off, I need to manually click it, not so annoying in the beginning but ugh it's getting on my nerves now haha!

My sims constantly leave the tv on. But then again....so do my brother and my cousin and my grandpa :D
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    My sim suddenly has the the option to use the freeze ray on others. Problem is, she doesn't own one. She also gets random tasks at work, that she can't do because she isn't high enough level.

She also just keeps resetting, and it's quite annoying
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    I want the mailbox to work again.. mine hasn't worked since the eggs.
  • Options
    XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    edited June 2015
    We fixed a glitch that was causing the absence of toddlers from the game.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    lovebypondsidelovebypondside Posts: 1,364 Member

Same. I'm constantly worried that I'm going to find my level 10 scientist is now randomly an assistant dishwasher. :|
    Origin ID: byscreenside
    Twitter: @byscreenside
    Youtube: YT

• Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    Does anyone have that issue in the detective career where if you go to a crime scene/on patrol, the game won't recognize you as being at the crime scene/patrol area and then new objectives won't generate? It brings your job performance down a lot and it's really annoying, especially in the early stages of that career.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    What's wrong with the mailbox?

TV? yeah, its funny how they hold the remote and turn it off but it doesn't go off! That will run the power bill up so I have to watch that one, LOL

Musical chairs just to put away the books or clean the dishes gets aggravating so hopefully these will be fixed.

Not a game breaker, I am still having fun with my Sims, but they do need addressed!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Most of what bothers me I've been told aren't bugs but are Features. *le sigh*

Fix the Broken NPCs... my Fireman never showed. :disappointed:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    The doctor leaving so you can't refer patients to him. It makes advancing your Dr career impossible without cheating.
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    SweetBabyJesus fix the culling/Family Tree. Angers me to no end when my family tree is essentially useless. I don't care if townies get culled and new ones get made - that's fine. But please stop taking away my family, ghosts included. It's really depressing to have a feature patched in that's useless after like the third generation. What's the point? :'(
    Rflong7 wrote: »

Um... I don't think there are Firemen in this game..... I've never had one show in all the fires my Sims like to set (or all the ones I've seen other people deal with in LP's)... so...
  • Options
    FabianelfFabianelf Posts: 22 New Member
    The mail glitch is what annoys me the most since I can't complete my elements and postcard collections.
    Also the maid doesn't show up after some time, has been like this since release..
    And the game auto assigning jobs for my played sims! not really a bug but should be optional
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2015

Um... I don't think there are Firemen in this game..... I've never had one show in all the fires my Sims like to set (or all the ones I've seen other people deal with in LP's)... so...

Wha? No wonder- I hope *they fix it soon. :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Rflong7 on
  • Options
    MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    The mail bug :'( the postcards are literally the only collection I'm interested in & I can't get them...they're not even in buydebug! Frustrating!
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member

Wouldn't believe it unless it came from someone official.
    There have been many is this a bug or feature threads but I don't count it out as a bug unless it's declared not a bug on that other forum. I check there often to see if I can add a "me to" I have this. They officially sort it all out. It's a process! lol
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    There's so many. Right now, the one at the top of my list is the SP careers affecting my sims. Second is incest. Third is culling dead family members.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    All the instances of the various collection of of incest bugs and culling. Both should be priorities.