Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mixology and the Snaggle Fluster

How do I get this drink?
I heard the option to buy the recipe can happen during lvl 9 of mixology . To progress to lvl 10 you require lvl 10 mixology and lvl 8 Charisma, should I max these or not ?
Does maxing them trigger the random recipe option and take me to lvl 10 mixology?

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    You can always use a cheat to max them out if you're in a hurry.
  • Options
    zarazitasimszarazitasims Posts: 222 Member
    Not in any hurry. :-D
  • Options
    CrhexCrhex Posts: 28 Member
    It's better NOT to max those skills until you get the recipe. The recipe is given during work and it's based on a random event (chance card). So try to stay at lvl 9 of the career until you get it. Snaggle fluster is the single best thing that you can get your hands on in this game especially if you are playing legacy. Maxing handiness skill in 2 and a half days, starting from lvl 1 and without even being focused is not something to be scoffed at.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    I was curious about what made this drink so special, and found this little snipet on Reddit...

"Snaggle Fuster is a drink that a mixologist can make after they choose to buy a potion book from a mystical hermit in a txt/work adventure/opportunity."
  • Options
    Thank you for the help.
    The recipe lets you make a drink which makes you level up your skills very very quickly.
  • Options
    Can the recipe be shared with other sims?
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited April 2015
    Wait you need charisma to be a mixologist?
    Uhhhr.
    Time to spend time talking to myself in a mirror then.
    I normally prefer the emotion drinks :3
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    If you scroll down Playalot talks about it ...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22386.0
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    opps lol wrong thread bump meant that for another der..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    So if my Sim is at level 10 mixolgy career he can't get it or what?

The problem here is that when my Sims go to work and the game goes into speed 3 I never get chance cards if everyone in the household is gone. In this case it is a single Sim so no chance cards.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Is the book in buy debug? (I can't play right now)
  • Options
    According to this article you can get it from the hermit at level 10 through some sort of opportunity. I don't have time to test it either right now but will later tonight.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Is it only lvl 9 mixology? I will get this recepie one day!
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited August 2015
    @zarazitasims The Snaggle Fluster is a mixology drink that your sim gets through a work opportunity that only happens at level 9 of the mixology branch of the culinary career. Your sim will need to perform poorly so he/she can stay at level 9 until the work opportunity drops and your sim successfully gets the mixology recipe. Once your sim gets it he/she is the only sim that can make it but the drink, the 'Snaggle Fluster' lasts forever even without the fresh chefs trait so you can mix up a whole lot of them for future generations etc. They can possibly be cloned... to be honest I haven't tried that as when I first discovered the Snaggle Fluster GTW hadn't been released.

The best emotion for you sim to be in when they go to work (in order to get the opportunity) is either very inspired or very confident. It may be possible to get this drink with other emotions but they are the only two that I have been successful with. Often my sim has to wait for the work opportunity to drop a few times as the first time round he just gets ripped off and doesn't actually get the recipe!

It's well worth striving for especially if you give your sim the Steel Bladder reward trait, then they can skill up all day, maxing out as many skills as you need them too. Brilliant for helping with legacy skill points. :)

*edited: By the way, choose 'buy the book' when the work opportunity comes up! I also think your sim needs to have level 10 mixology skill to successfully get the work opportunity to drop as the Snaggle Fluster can only be made at that level of mixology skill. And all my sims that have got this have had L10 mixology and L10 charisma. (Not sure of the charisma counts or not but nearly 100% sure the mixology skill does.)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.