May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Have found that if your Sim takes photos 'with' or 'of' another sim, this greatly increases their relationship bar. Not sure if this is meant to happen or if it's a glitch, but it's handy if you want to bump up friends to good friends. 🙂

It's not a glitch, but it is a bit over-powerful. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MegidownMegidown Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm guessing it's not intentional, but i was watching someone play a vampire sim... and after they visited a neighbor and uh... drank blood till the owner passed out, the vampire sim that was awake was allowed to use things in the neighbors house without being scolded and/or asked to leave! i think they started baking a cake in their kitchen LOL :D
  • Options
    KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    Wow! I need to follow this thread, there's so much on here I haven't seen yet. It's amazing how much you can miss or not experience even after years of playing <3
  • Options
    SP_youtubeSP_youtube Posts: 4 New Member
    Any tips to improve my vet clinic? I have recorded some footage from my current state here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbroY4LhI8Y&t=301s
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I learned today taht when your kid sims are become partners and crime and plan pranks together they later actually carry out those pranks the next time they are at school. My Alyssa and Alicia planned to throw a food fight and the next day I got a notification that Alyssa tried to start it at school but got caught so lost some school performance.
  • Options
    timiina3timiina3 Posts: 16 New Member
    i didn't know what you said! so curious! mmm... i didn't know that, when your are in a very high level in the sciene career, your sims can clone him/herself and, what's more, then, it's in your household!!
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    I'm not sure if it's intentional or an oversight, but if your vampire Sim has the ‘Master Vampire’ aspiration, one of the goals required to completing this is to ‘survive an additional 20 days as a vampire.’ For some reason the counter keeps resetting to zero if you visit another lot. So basically, you have to (sort of) quarantine that Sim for 20 days straight in order to complete the goal.
  • Options
    QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    MMX wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's intentional or an oversight, but if your vampire Sim has the ‘Master Vampire’ aspiration, one of the goals required to completing this is to ‘survive an additional 20 days as a vampire.’ For some reason the counter keeps resetting to zero if you visit another lot. So basically, you have to (sort of) quarantine that Sim for 20 days straight in order to complete the goal.

I had the same problem just a few days ago with my vampire. I think it's a bug. I just counted it manually and cheated the aspiration complete with MCCC. My vampire has a cat and the cat is sick like every 3 days. Each time my sim took her to the vet the counting reset and I hated it.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    MMX wrote: »

I'm sure that is an oversight. A bug. This is where you'd have to cheat it or sit there for 20 days on the same lot...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    A couple of days ago I foudn out that toddler can play with the dolls you can buy in Selvadorada!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Have found that if your Sim takes photos 'with' or 'of' another sim, this greatly increases their relationship bar. Not sure if this is meant to happen or if it's a glitch, but it's handy if you want to bump up friends to good friends. 🙂

It's definitely glitched. There is no way that taking a picture of another Sim should raise a relationship to best friends in the span of 5 pictures. Not only that but with Get Famous installed you'll also gain positive reputation points as well.
  • Options
    I just learned that I can indeed have twins in my game. I had them before off screen but now for the first time I had twins! It's been like 2-3 years now since I got it on PS4 lol
  • Options
    I learned today taht when your kid sims are become partners and crime and plan pranks together they later actually carry out those pranks the next time they are at school. My Alyssa and Alicia planned to throw a food fight and the next day I got a notification that Alyssa tried to start it at school but got caught so lost some school performance.

update. TOday the girls decided to release gerbils and the next day at school their prank was a success. Alicia gained creative skill points from pulling it off.

(my consipiracy sisters. THese two are best friends and partners in crime. Alyssa is the families bio daughter and Alicia is adopted from foster care as a tot and they are both very close in age.)

6kFvlEs.png
    6B6nMuN.png
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    edited May 2020
    Bearpal64 wrote: »

I didn't know that when Sims do Yoga they take off their shoes! Such a nice detail.

They do yoga?!?! What EP/GP/SP was that introduced in? Just started playing Sims 4 last year and still don't have all the Expansion/Game/Stuff packs.
    Ugh! I had two things happen in game yesterday that I wanted to bring up here and I had no internet at the time, now I do and I've forgotten them hahaha! But anyways, I learned two new things about the game yesterday ;)

How do you play without the internet? I always hate that Origin is dependent on it. I used to love playing Sims 2 and 3 because it was standalone until Sims 3 became tied to Origin.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,949 Member
    lisfyre wrote: »

I didn't know that when Sims do Yoga they take off their shoes! Such a nice detail.

They do yoga?!?! What EP/GP/SP was that introduced in? Just started playing Sims 4 last year and still don't have all the Expansion/Game/Stuff packs.
    Ugh! I had two things happen in game yesterday that I wanted to bring up here and I had no internet at the time, now I do and I've forgotten them hahaha! But anyways, I learned two new things about the game yesterday ;)

How do you play without the internet? I always hate that Origin is dependent on it. I used to love playing Sims 2 and 3 because it was standalone until Sims 3 became tied to Origin.

Yoga comes with The Sims 4 Spa Day game pack.
  • Options
    I just learned that toddlers can play in the washtub that comes with Laundry Day Stuff. (sometimes I wonder if I already mentioned these hahahha 🤭)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

Spa Day! It's a great pack. I thought I was buying it for the sauna and massage table, but Yoga is what I use every day. They start off kind of awkward at it, but as they improve so does their form. Real postures, too.
  • Options
    lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »

Yoga comes with The Sims 4 Spa Day game pack.
    Sindocat wrote: »

Spa Day! It's a great pack. I thought I was buying it for the sauna and massage table, but Yoga is what I use every day. They start off kind of awkward at it, but as they improve so does their form. Real postures, too.

Thanks!! That's the next pack I'm gonna get along with Tiny Living :smiley:
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,894 Member
    edited May 2020
    Walk-in closets have an inside !! I genuinely didn't know.

ka0EtT8.png
    LKzqGUd.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020

You only need internet to download stuff. Once the game is downloaded onto your computer you can play without as long as you aren't downloading a patch or update. I do it all the time haha! My fav way to pass time when there is no internet :) THat being said you can't access the gallery without internet. It's no diff than setting your game to play in offline mode.

Also yoga comes with spa day if I remember right.
  • Options
    gogojellygogojelly Posts: 24 Member
    @Dianesims which expansion has walk in closets?
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    gogojelly wrote: »
    Get Together.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,894 Member
    Yes. There are two types of walk-In closets and this is the smaller version. Your sims
    can also woohoo in there.
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    gogojelly wrote: »
    Get Together.

• Options
    Winter0101Winter0101 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > I just learned that I can indeed have twins in my game. I had them before off screen but now for the first time I had twins! It's been like 2-3 years now since I got it on PS4 lol

I just learnt you can have naturally occurring triplets in the game, without the fertility lot trait. I was not best pleased as my Sim couple were living in a Tiny Home!
  • Options
    cachemeowsidecachemeowside Posts: 9 New Member
    This could honestly be a thing that's a wellknown fact, but I just learned that the gift you give to another sim really matters depending on traits and lifestyle choices of the other sim. I casually gifted a fish to a friend, he hated it which of course I found to be rude, so they're no longer a friend of mine :) hahahaha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top