Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Households Do You Play In the Sims 4?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    edited March 2015
    I play on rotation and play 13 houses. Some I play more than others but I enjoy playing this way. I have been playing the same single game since the beginning with my founding Sim's family plus extended family and friends.
  • Options
    FeMillahFeMillah Posts: 201 Member
    I try to play one household, but since there's no story progression that's out of the window. I really hate that aspect of the game, that I have to find every simmer a mate, make sure they have kids and jobs. I just want to play my family while the rest of the city do their own thing.
    SATC-GIF.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2015
    I usually stick to a family and keep it going for generations but while I do that, I love to control who their neighbours are and who their future partners will be so I fill up the houses with families or single Sims that I make in CAS. Then I play them every now and then to make sure they have some skills, some new relationships, babies, job, and a love life. Basically I do my own story progression, always focusing on my main family and their (my) interests.
    For example, whenever my main family has a baby, I go an play every household I want to have babies at that moment too. I make sure to create sims that will get along with mine and so on.

Edit: to answer the specific question: I can't remember the number but I fill up all the residential lots in both words and build in the empty ones or bulldoze the houses I don't like and build new ones. So basically all the lots are full in both worlds in my game. To be honest I am really looking forward to have more space/new worlds.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    mechanicalfetusmechanicalfetus Posts: 117 Member
    edited March 2015
    I usually play one family through as many generations as I can. It's sort of like a genealogy challenge for me, in a sense. I can never really play single or childless sims, not because I don't like them (I actually don't like baby or child sims. I usually age them up early), but because I don't play to really live their lives, in a sense. I'll occasionally create little back stories and dramatic romances for those sims, but my real objective is to see what I can economically accomplish through one generation and continue it on throughout the next until I get bored. Then, I see how many generations I was able to "complete". I guess it's strange?
  • Options
    grayheathgrayheath Posts: 41 Member
    I have changed my game style for the Sims 4 so I now do play different families in one save. I have six families I play but I'm not strict with rotation. Just play with whoever I fancy playing at the time :)
  • Options
    DottyDotty Posts: 80 Member
    I have about 12 in each little town in Sims4 that I play, I have one main one then several I am playing to advance their lives, the others I drop in occasionally. Right now though Im playing all four Sim games, on my lovely new gaming computer which plays just the sims and two mmo's I play. Sims 3 and 2 I'm just playing the one family, and Sims 1 Im still recreating the place as I used to have it.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm currently playing 8 households. I'm trying to keep it low, I think I eventually reached about 30 households in the Sims 2 (not counting my sister's who was playing in the same neighboorhood).
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    One per save, six saves
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    melslittleworldmelslittleworld Posts: 399 Member
    I play a total of three saved games

1. 100 Baby Challenge
    2. Animal Crossing Challenge
    3. Legacy -- I'm hoping to play 4 families with in this save.

I realize this is probably well known but for someone who just checks the forums from time to time.. how do you have more than one save.. I miss that from S3 and since you do it I thought you could enlighten me lol Thank you ahead of time for your time!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I've changed my play style for TS4. Now instead of playing 60 families like I used to in TS3, I play 1 to 2. Tired of seeing my Sims get culled. Plus these Sims are boring so I can only tolerate the repition so much before I shelf the game for a month or two.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I have 5 different households in one save.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    I play a total of three saved games

1. 100 Baby Challenge
    2. Animal Crossing Challenge
    3. Legacy -- I'm hoping to play 4 families with in this save.

I realize this is probably well known but for someone who just checks the forums from time to time.. how do you have more than one save.. I miss that from S3 and since you do it I thought you could enlighten me lol Thank you ahead of time for your time!

Use Save As to name your current save something you'll recognize. Then use the + symbol on the top right of the opening screen to start a new game. To pick which game to play, use the file icon in the top right. Pretend the big triangle and its + don't exist.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    One household. I like developing a family across generations with a good 2-3 kids in each generation to keep the legacy going, move out across the world and make new families and friends with random sims.
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    br0bertobr0berto Posts: 170 Member
    I have a main family but i recently evicted everyone from their homes and created new sims and i've filled all the houses. i was getting tired of seeing the same sims over and over.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 969 Member
    Up to four.

It is not really rotational. I like having more households in the neighborhood to have somebody to visit. Sometimes I play some of the extra households to celebrate their birthdays or just look into how they are doing.
  • Options
    dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2015
    I currently play two households. All of my played households have something to do with each other. The households that I'm playing right now are neighbors. I find it fun to have the households somehow connected with each other. It seems to add to my gameplay.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Right now I think I have about 2 save files. One save file has 4 households I' m constantly juggling. And the other save file is for old gen sims that I've made over the years.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I started out with 12 households in separate saves but things changed when in my first game the teens aged up and moved out so I played back and forth for a while and it worked out to be quite interesting. In other games I sometimes switch to play the boyfriend or girlfriend of someone in the main family because I want to work on them for a bit. Or I check out future spouses so play minimally in that home. It is easy to change play style even if you have a current favourite way to play.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Up from three to four now! Techie guy's cute blonde wife ran off with the trainer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LadyLindaelLadyLindael Posts: 154 Member
    edited March 2015
    I originally started with one family, but was getting bored. So I decided I would play more, and now I have 5 families going, and I am having so much more fun. I am pretending like they are the town founders, and only go to each others parties and all the other sims are jealous. lol

I play one week for each family. And only age the sims I am playing.