Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Households Do You Play In the Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    If Sims 2 has saves, it would be AMAZING!

Sims 2 does have saves. I don't have a clue what point you are trying to make here.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Sims 2 does have saves. I don't have a clue what point you are trying to make here.

No, it doesn't. It has one world. You play in that one world. There are no "save game 1" or save slots.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    i stick with 1 household for realism i try to play as normal as possible.

That sounds awful :D
  • Options

No, it doesn't. It has one world. You play in that one world. There are no "save game 1" or save slots.

OMG. Are you being obtuse for a reason? I have a save in sims 2 that I can rotate between households. They are all in the same SAVE.

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Currently I am playing 23 households in one save.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options

OMG. Are you being obtuse for a reason? I have a save in sims 2 that I can rotate between households. They are all in the same SAVE.

There is 1 save. Not two, one Pleasantview, one set of sims you can play in Pleasantview. One save.
  • Options

There is 1 save. Not two, one Pleasantview, one set of sims you can play in Pleasantview. One save.

I can have a save in Pleasantview and have a save in my own creation. How many sims families do you play in Pleasantview?
  • Options

I can have a save in Pleasantview and have a save in my own creation. How many sims families do you play in Pleasantview?

Still, there are no saves in Sims 2, that what I am saying.

I already said that I have 4 saves in Sims 4.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Still, there are no saves in Sims 2, that what I am saying.

I already said that I have 4 saves in Sims 4.

Saves worked differently in TS2, never played TS4 and not sure if I want to, what with saves deleting Sims for no reason
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I have 10 households going in Willow Creek on one save.
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

I'm not up to 23 yet, but my agenda is to make a community for my main households in my main save. And to stop the automatic regeneration of townies. I put my mailmen, gardeners and generated bartenders in to a household. It stops the game from generating more as the townies die off.

• Options

I'm not up to 23 yet, but my agenda is to make a community for my main households in my main save. And to stop the automatic regeneration of townies. I put my mailmen, gardeners and generated bartenders in to a household. It stops the game from generating more as the townies die off.

In hindsight I should have created less households in this game, it's just that I'm used to playing so many in TS2.

I don't get much time to play, so most of my households in TS4 are only 2nd generation. I think I have overdone it because when this generation age up they are going to be looking for places of their own, and I won't have the room for them to move out. :(
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options

In hindsight I should have created less households in this game, it's just that I'm used to playing so many in TS2.

I don't get much time to play, so most of my households in TS4 are only 2nd generation. I think I have overdone it because when this generation age up they are going to be looking for places of their own, and I won't have the room for them to move out. :(

I razed both communities. I have loads of room for my sims. Sometimes, what I do is move them in, play them a couple of times and then send them to the out of world bin. They still show up, and they dont age until I want them to because they are now considered "played sims" by the game. I'm still just learning the mechanics of the game. Not every house is a priority to play, but they matter to my community, so I am working on that aspect.
  • Options

I razed both communities. I have loads of room for my sims. Sometimes, what I do is move them in, play them a couple of times and then send them to the out of world bin. They still show up, and they dont age until I want them to because they are now considered "played sims" by the game. I'm still just learning the mechanics of the game. Not every house is a priority to play, but they matter to my community, so I am working on that aspect.

So you have no community lots then?

The not in world bin would not work for me because I play every household in strict rotation. I'll just have to hang in there and wait for more/bigger worlds.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited February 2015
    In Sims 4, I'm playing three households now (one save), and that will go up. I'm find three households in rotation to be easier than I expected it to be, so I'm really looking forward to four soon (this one couple are just not going to last!) and then more with later generations. I don't spend even amounts of time with them. I did that for a while then decided to just play with whoever I felt interested in just then.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

The not in world bin would not work for me because I play every household in strict rotation. I'll just have to hang in there and wait for more/bigger worlds.

I have community lots. I changed the park in OS. I changed the bars and made one of each where I want them. One nightclub, one lounge and one bar. I have ONE gym between the two worlds. One museum. One library.

Some of my sims, as I have said, are peripheral. They have full skills in bartending, piano, etc. They are housed in one lot in OS. But I use them for parties. They are not part of my main sim rotation to generate the towns. They are there for their usefullness. I like seeing MY sims show up at the bars to bartend.

Despite what I have in my game with the myriad of households to play, I still have over half my lots empty. I am not crying for room. I'd just like different scenery as opposed to just WC or OS.
  • Options

I have community lots. I changed the park in OS. I changed the bars and made one of each where I want them. One nightclub, one lounge and one bar. I have ONE gym between the two worlds. One museum. One library.

Some of my sims, as I have said, are peripheral. They have full skills in bartending, piano, etc. They are housed in one lot in OS. But I use them for parties. They are not part of my main sim rotation to generate the towns. They are there for their usefullness. I like seeing MY sims show up at the bars to bartend.

Despite what I have in my game with the myriad of households to play, I still have over half my lots empty. I am not crying for room. I'd just like different scenery as opposed to just WC or OS.

I'm thinking of getting rid of community lots in OS. Will do that when I get desperate. :)

Ooops I better let your thread get back on topic, sorry for side step :#
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options

I'm thinking of getting rid of community lots in OS. Will do that when I get desperate. :)

Ooops I better let your thread get back on topic, sorry for side step :#

I didn't see it as a sidestep.
  • Options
    Kevsta26Kevsta26 Posts: 137 Member
    I've been playing the same household since release and I'm planning on sticking with it until the next Sims game comes out! So far, I'm on the 4th Generation with time and age mods.
  • Options
    In Sims 4, I'm playing three households now (one save), and that will go up. I'm find three households in rotation to be easier than I expected it to be, so I'm really looking forward to four soon (this one couple are just not going to last!) and then more with later generations. I don't spend even amounts of time with them. I did that for a while then decided to just play with whoever I felt interested in just then.

I am the same. I don't have a schedule for rotating, but I do rotate a lot. I've never been one for "rules", so I don't make them in terms of how I play my houses. It always shows up what I need them for eventually. I think that is my biggest fun. Just playing and creating and seeing where the game takes me and what I need for me and how I play.

Not to knock those that play a single house in a single save, but I could never play the sims that way. There's just too many options to tunnel myself in to one way.
  • Options
    lukypalms54lukypalms54 Posts: 303 Member
    I switch between two households, One with me as my simself, and another with a cute nerd and goth girl living together (they are dating now :smile: ) and with their insane friend who also happens to be gay and pulls in dudes almost any night (He's a romantic)
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,654 Member
    I have 30-40 families that I've had since release. And their spread across 23 different saves.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,368 Member
    edited February 2015
    I have fourteen regular households in my rotational save plus four institutions (astronaut training center, orphanage, prison and college) where sims rotate in and out.
    In the past games I has as much as fifty households once, but on average 6 per neighborhood.

edit: I treat both towns as close together and ruled by the same mayor, so ne need to double up on venues.
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    As of right now only one because I'm going through the generations of one family
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I don't really do rotational play since there's no organization to how I play my families, but I've got about 6 different households in one save that I play, whenever the mood strikes me for a particular family.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper