Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

elsing2000 lot showcase

kezflakekezflake Posts: 124 Member
I've decided to follow the path well worn and create a showcase thread.

Beware I follow my own style a bit and found that, when I counted them (lol), 50% of my lots are terraced style. So I know that these are not for everyone. In fact I openly admit playability is an afterthought. it is still defiantly a consideration just not my first consideration which is creating a specific look and feel for a neighborhood. Also my lots are predominately styled around urban and suburban England, old buildings that really exist but modernised so have a fix of old and new features, be it a grand block of 5 story townhouses or a council estate.

So without further ado these are some of my most recent lots:

Hessle Road

Inspired by a real house and designed to reflect some of features of a listed building - that is a building that can be modernised to an extent but with restrictions, I tried to make the roof and windows look aged and rickerty. just slight changes in height of placement of windows and curve of the roofs, or that was the idea.

hessle-road-1.jpg
hessle-road-4.jpg
hessle-road-7.jpg
hessle-road-2.jpg
hessle-road-3.jpg
hessle-road-5.jpg
hessle-road-6.jpg

Queensgate Street

Quesnsgate on the outside street is based on the street were my boyfriend grew up, I have the habit of mentally renovating a house when I visit or just pass by in the street. The inside is one of those renovations brought to (sim)life.

queensgate-1.jpg
queensgate-3.jpg
queensgate-2.jpg
queensgate-4.jpg
queensgate-5.jpg
queensgate-6.jpg

If you would like to download these my username is elsing2000 in the gallery.

Thanks for taking a look, I will add more when I get chance

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds. :)
    Hessle Road is a very nice home! :) The exterior of the home is very nice! The roofing is very nice! The chimneys look great on the roof. It looks nice how you have the curved windows either sides of the front exterior of the home, and the texture/colour of the exterior looks great. The plant garden areas in the front of the home look very nice! Very nice backyard and back patio area! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool, or enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the picnic table in the outdoors air. Nice corner sitting nook on the back patio for sims to enjoy sitting there having a chat. It is nice that you have a plants garden bed nearby for sims to see whilst sitting there. It looks great how you have steps going down to the outdoors dining area. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! Nice open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and living rooms. It looks nice how you have placed the leafy pictures in a diagonal row on the dining wall, and the green colour of the walls looks nice. The island sink and stove counter is great. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools at the bar stool counter having a drink from the bar.
    The exterior design of Queensgate Street as a row of houses looks great! :) It looks nice how you have done the exterior of the different homes. The use of different fencing for the different homes looks great and adds to the look of the build as looking like consisting of different homes. The design of the build to use one of the homes as the place where sims live, then keeping the other homes/areas of the build in darkness is a great style of build. It looks nice the types of doors that you have used and that you have placed awnings over them. The textures of the exterior of the homes looks great. Nice layout and furnishing of the levels of the home. Nice front steps porchway entrances. It looks nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build.
    Both builds are very nice :)
  • Options
    MakeBelieveMakeBelieve Posts: 331 Member
    Your terrace houses are beautiful and very well thought out! I adore your "Queensgate Street" lot immensely. It's perfect for player who have multi-generational families! You put so much thought into your decorating and it feels very realistic and homely. It's cute how you've used different fencing types to mix up the styles and it's very eyecatching! Well done! Can't wait to see more!
  • Options
    Thank you rosemow, you have so many kind and encouraging words, not just to me to many other builders too. You have been very eagle eyed in some of the details that you have spotted I and understanding what sims themselves might think of living in the lots which is something I often have a hard time imagining can tell that you always take the time to really look at the pictures and read the posts.

MakeBelieve I never thought about these working for multi-generational families. When looking to real build like these often you can see how the different owners have updated them over the years to suite their own style and often you can see what the origional features. I have several similar style lots so I will update as soon as I can with a few more.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Your builds are lovely! The terraced houses looks so real! Good job! :D
  • Options
    CerryddCerrydd Posts: 471 Member
    I like your terrace styled houses, they look very realistic! I'm used to seeing rowhouses all the time IRL and I really hope they'll add something to the game to make buildings like this functional, multiple families living on the same lot but with their own little spaces assigned to them. Not everyone lives in a detached house after all :)
    What have I been up to lately? Cerrydd / #cerrydd in the gallery
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Love the terrace houses and the soft colors used 4 the interior <3
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Row of shops - wedding
    Origin ID elsing2000

My latest lot, a wedding themed retail venue featuring a wedding boutique, florist, cake shop & cafe, photography studio and an empty unit. There is also a living unit. I don't know if it's possible to get wedding cakes, well I couldn't find any. Typically for me I've taken my inspiration from a variety of period terraced style buildings. I'd share the inspiration photo but I took it such a different direction I may as well not have bothered.

1-front1.jpg
    5-florest1.jpg
    3-wedding.jpg

More pics and gallery link

• Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    Nice lots here, I like the style of both! The roofs have some simple charm to them.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,604 Member
    Row of Shops -wedding is very nice! :) Very nice exterior design of the shop buildings! The front entrances to the shops look very nice! It looks nice how you have used the awnings. The placement of the windows in the build looks very nice. The dormers are nice. Very nice layout of the interior of the areas of the build! It is very nice how you have a number of different shops there. The wedding boutique is very nice! The mannequins look great there. Very nice wall panelling! The grey and pink colour scheme suits well a wedding boutique. The pink floor rugs look pretty there! The photo studio area is great! It looks nice how you have placed the photos on the wall. The bakery cafe is very nice! Sims will enjoy coming there to buy the baked goods, then enjoy sitting at the tables eating the food. The type of dining seats that you have used look nice and suit well the bakery cafe theme. The cake pictures are nice touches on the wall. Very nice florist! It looks very nice how you have placed the flowers and plants there on the shelves for sims to enjoy coming to buy. It looks nice that you have placed tree prints on the wall. They suit the florist theme. Nice textures of the walls in the florist.
    It is a very nice build! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow you pay so much attention and say such sweet things, i'm glad you like my lot. Thank you too @SpecterCody it's just the one lot but designed to look like more, unless you mean the other one in the background.
  • Options
    ToxicBlueToxicBlue Posts: 66 Member
    Hey @kezflake . I love your build style. The terraced street of houses is such a good idea and I love how each of your builds has such character! Great work! :)
    Untitled%202_zps45hg4xod.png
  • Options
    SpecterCodySpecterCody Posts: 602 Member
    kezflake wrote: »
    Thank you @rosemow you pay so much attention and say such sweet things, i'm glad you like my lot. Thank you too @SpecterCody it's just the one lot but designed to look like more, unless you mean the other one in the background.

Oh I meant both lots you posted but then I noticed you had 3 in your showcase, silly me :smile:
  • Options
    Lol didn't event think of those.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,016 Member
    Your terrace builds are superb, great idea and very realistic looking. Fantastic work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    The row of shops looks beautiful! Loving the way you have decorated. :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    This has a great European flavor to it! Great work!
    5sXtTqH.png