The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,449 Member
    edited September 2017
    @polrbear When I get the UL EP, Eddy will be going back to his usual hair - it was the only reason why I had to change his hair - "because I didn't have UL" or he would have had the usual "flyaway hairstyle" that everyone "loves about him" - y'know the women that is. In my story, Eddy is NS's and Phil's ol' Sims University roomie. Right now he's working at the bookstore and hoping that he's going to be able to scrape together enough money to buy a guitar. I've decided to keep him on his LTW of becoming a Hit Movie Composer and I'm not changing any of his traits.

I'm really enjoying how the two of you are playing Eddy as well as I think @emorrill was playing with him too. And I have to give @mikezumi credit where credit is due. She's the one who started off the Eddy interest and he seems like a really cool character.

Yeah...~grumble~ Eddy's growing on me. But for me, I HAVE to have a back-story on Eddy and as to why he knows NS and Phil. And I'm going to be playing out the University Life back-story when I get UL. :D

~evil grin~ Maybe since NS is matched up with Heather (my RL wife) in this story, maybe I should have Eddy with River. :p Bye Ethan! :p
    polrbear wrote: »
    If Eddy hadn't already reminded me a bit of Hook from Once Upon a Time, he does even more in your story now. I actually like the facial hair... :)

Unfortunately, Eddy's going to have to grow facial hair enough to compensate for his two former roomies. :D NS is Asian and he can't grow any facial hair worth sour owl poo. And Phil takes at least three weeks (in RL) to grow a beard :D

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Mikezumi I am loving your updates. Keep spamming the Eddy. I love seeing that man... I actually think the child is cute, not that "unfortunate" as you put it. :P
    It makes me excited for someday when he has kids in my story. Won't be for a long time though. I can't wait to see what Eddy and Zumi's other children are going to look like!
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @CK213 Thank you :) She's a genetic mess but she represents me when I was in my late 30s/early 40s so I have to live with it ;)

You forgot to say that was 80 years ago and that you are 150 :D Mikezumi is a mummy that plays Sims from her Sarcophagus.Internet connection is bad in your tomb but you do well. <3
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    aloadaialoadai Posts: 51 Member
    I was playing last night and I was so annoyed. The sink in the kitchen was broken so there was a really huge puddle. And a counter was dirty. And the toilet was dirty and clogged. So I called a repairman for the sink and he came but I have no idea what happened between him and my sim but my sim and the guy got a negative relationship and he left without fixing the sink (he didn't even get to enter the apartment) and charged me! And then the stove my sim's roommate was cooking on caught on fire. I accidentally pressed "fire" on the repairman which called in a firefighter. The firefighter got mad that I called in a "fake" report. And he charged me money for wasting his time lol. Then the repo(wo)man came to take some stuff cause I forgot to pay the bills, which resulted in a really bad mood.

But I solved everything by deleting the sink and buying a new one as well as the sofa that was taken. My sim unclogged the toilet but didn't clean it even though the action green bar was showing at the top.... Then I made my sim sleep cause energy was low. I don't play Sims 3 much but this was a wild session.
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    Hey Y'all!

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I can't stand makeup that looks as though it's been applied with a grout spatula. Sorry.
    :lol: I second that! Vita has some of the worst makeup in the game.

McIrish Clan update:

"Saturday at the park"

After spending Saturday morning getting the kids into their careers and stuff, I finally got the McIrishes sent off to the park.

I sent them off in two batches. The first group went with River. Some of the adult girls that I'd moved to the lot next door were close enough to get invited along, so that was cool.
    MIm0igC.jpg
    It ended up being afternoon by the time they arrived at the park.

As soon as they got to the park, Colin got a party invite...
    hF5vAAr.jpg
    From his adult sister who had been invited to the park....
    Siobhan is the girl in the blue shirt to the right of River in the previous picture.
    Also note that the party location is blank... I'm sure that's totally not indicative of some sort of weirdness that might happen later...

There was a protest going on... some of the other moved-out McIrishes were there, too.
    0ydqtHg.png
    They seem to be protesting "the goddess's" decorating choices... :unamused: -- ingrates.
    Their protest was not successful at convincing the goddess to change the decor, however the goddess was merciful & did not smite them with hideous clothing either. So it was sort of a wash.
    Poor Sean got trapped in the love shack community rest building!

Some new additions to the park, yoga mats & firepit!
    3ZLvl0L.jpg

Updated playground!
    iP6f0iI.jpg

Colin & Connor see what the fuss is about at the protest.
    dsfjmdg.jpg

Group two arrive with Sandi.
    gEwjtya.jpg
    I'd sent them separately so I could make sure the tots got picked up, I didn't want a "toddlers can't be left alone" pop up banjaxing the whole trip to the park.

Maggie & Patrick decided to check out the bathroom...
    e7sJwus.jpg

Ummm.....
    h4ClfrZ.jpg
    :lol:

They were looking at the posters.
    n7SOV1j.jpg
    Gwynn walked in & just hopped in the shower while they were standing there :facepalm:

It was also a full moon night & one of the protestors got zombified!
    SS7CtVp.jpg
    "What do we want?"
    "A nicer bed!"
    "When do we want it?"
    "Now!"
    "What do we want?"
    "Nicer wallpaper!"
    "When do we want it?"
    "Now!"
    "What do we want?"
    "Nicer -- *full moon rises* -- Braaaaaains!!!"
    guy in red sweater: "Is anyone else worried about the zombie? Just me? okay then...."

Siobhan also got zombified... you know, the one supposed to be having the party..
    Colin got a reminder to go to her party, so I sent him, while zombie Siobhan remained at the park.

When he got to their house I had him "attend" the party. No one ever answered the door, so he just stood there outside like an idiot. When I finally gave up & sent him home he got a "you made my party awesome" chatty from Siobhan (did I mention she was still a zombie at the park) , so ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...kinda weird.
    (I took screenies of all that, but they ended up being too dark & indistinguishable with the weird full moon lighting.)

Meanwhile Sandi Serenaded River, she hasn't done that for a while, so that was really nice.
    RFzDvmx.jpg
    The gal watching them is Deirdre McIrish.

"Moar birthdays"

Fergus' age up
    Wq5IcHl.jpg
    Boy they sure grow fast, don't they? One second they're toddling around on the ground, the next, they're stretched up to kids.

QwntUsV.jpg
    .... :no_mouth: Noooo!

9w0b5wq.jpg
    That's much better!
    Trait update: grumpy, neurotic + technophobe.
    What concerns me is if he'll get pigtails again when he turns teen. I've seen cases of "pigtail-itis" where their hair gets changed back to pigtails each time they age up.

Erin
    eivCIup.jpg
    Trait update: genius, clumsy, + virtuoso.

Brannagh (Liam's daughter)
    fNiF32S.jpg
    Trait update: hates the outdoors, virtuoso + daredevil
    (zombie spawn photobomb :lol: )

Reporting to daddy for birthday duty!
    y8ShvAt.jpg

Birthday hug from mom!
    jrTljBy.jpg

I don't have a witty subtitle for this section :neutral:

The gals enjoyed the new firepit.
    kohtYMb.jpg
    Annan was clearly the hungriest.

I had been sending the family members home & noticed Maggie was missing...
    JszoHg6.jpg
    Found her at the consignment shop on the other side of town....:lol: that absent-mindedness...

JfTNC4I.jpg

Kelly took Gwynn home in her cop car.
    jUZgdj8.jpg

"wink wink, nudge nudge"

Liam & Michele tried for a baby again!
    DZAh71k.jpg
    (they were successful this time.)

...Aaaaawww :blush::love:
    gIge4ea.jpg

More updates later :smile:
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I got some inspiration from Dr. Horrible I will admit :lol: as well as Doc Brown from BTTF. He's more of a Dr.Horrible though if I had to pick between the scientist characters. I appreciate that, though, thank you! :heart:

Decided to take the trio to the wonderful Utopian Future tonight for old time's sake and because this world never fails to amuse.

lkX8piK.jpg
    9jn1dOr.jpg
    WiaZMrc.jpg

Ususal stuff went on during the first few minutes of playing. Conversed with some of the future folks, got bombarded by robots then I eventually found some of Vik's descendants...
    1xtEI2c.jpg
    And he has horrible genetics..
    tYphyf4.jpg
    a0Tt9oe.jpg
    Really, really, horrible genetics. Though not a huge surprise...I honestly found these descendants to be super uncanny, especially because they all had that "gleeful" walk the Utopian Sims do.

Then it all just got a tad bit more dreadful

The dude with the fancy future hair, that first approached Sam in the other photo above, randomly turned into a "zombie" yet was still able to interact with my Sims (somehow he had the zombie skin thrown on him). He approached Vik and started "Sharing the Joy"
    gYJcZfK.jpg
    Creep-o gave him the Wonderland moodlet and almost right away he was strutting around the house and "sharing the love" with other descendants that lived there
    W6wk8c6.jpg
    Honestly....at this point I started to feel like my mood was very relatable to this kid's.
    xBdQsHr.jpg

This first day back into Sims 3 feels like some bad parody of They Live.
    Tbh; I forgot how chaotic this game can get most of the time LOL.
    I'm going to see what the outcome of the rest of this horrible visit from the underworld plays out as but for now I have to retire until tomorrow :sleeping:
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    A blast from the past!

Eddy's twins from my Jensen's University Genetics save, Jackin and Meggy :)
    fy281h.jpg
    25849ip.jpg

As YA
    dfbqx.jpg
    ilvjlv.jpg

I hope the right pics show up. I see the twins but I was told that some of my pics were replaced by TinyPic at around this time so I stopped using them after.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited September 2017
    The first thing I did when Eddy and August returned to University was check the world out for any changes. I immediately checked around for an Eddy duplicate in case one spawned, but none had. Roommates were re-randomised, but Bonehilda, and even their chipmunk were both still there.
    36322225714_1ca43c667d_o.jpg
    36322226094_dc1d89236d_o.jpg

I didn't know that when Eddy returned to University engaged, his bro-esque friends(His old roommates) would legitimately call him up, and say:
    36322225384_19458f889f_o.png

The old roommates really are party animals, one of them used to invite him to a party every two days and who knows, maybe he still will? Eddy probably won't throw his bachelor party for a while, but definitely before he leaves uni so that he can have it with his friends. He got that call about the time that he and August headed up to the University meet and greet. They both grabbed some free candy bars, and then August got into the game there:
    36322226504_3a999d99e2_o.jpg

Later on, back at the dorm, Eddy asks August about his day, and August thinks about ghosts:
    36322227004_0e9ed8d9c2_o.jpg
    36322227434_2f83ed0dfd_o.jpg

August, without my direction, played a game with one of the new roommates:
    36322227924_db09ac5de8_o.jpg

Eddy worked on his painting skills and painted some watermelon:
    36322228314_56614a9010_o.jpg

Eddy and August, both simultaneously and autonomously decided to eat their crunchy nougat surprises(The ones they got from the meet and greet) and they both got nauseous.
    36322228614_dcb7f5f8c2_o.jpg
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @ShojoDagger She is a very pretty sim and she does resemble someone and it is on the tip of my tongue who...but, I am lousy with names as well as memory. :(
    @bekkasan Well at least I know I'm not going crazy thinking she looks like someone.
    @ShojoDagger Nice pictures :smile: Dinah is a good looking Sim :smile:

@king_of_simcity7 & everyone else who thinks she's pretty.
    Wait'll you see her "working clothes"...

czfAYd8.jpg
    Ready to kick some criminal butt!

1xKTz8D.jpg
    Or be sniffed by a wild horsey... she's flexible, y'know.
    Photo-bum!
    TMmIPMl.jpg
    Horses have such a special talent for those, don't they?

I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    Zumi and Eddy in Sunset Valley

Day 30 - Part 1

Zumi made some perfect waffles with the perfect eggs she had harvested the previous day :)
    37158717805_95e8890e73_b.jpg
    Eddy's latest painting. Although I like this one, I am still waiting for something I would actually want to hang on the walls in the main room. Cliff and Nevan from my 5x5 game produced some beauties. They were in a WA treasure chest in the house when I placed it from the library but I got rid of them wanting to make this Zumi and Eddy's home. I guess I could put this one in the study.
    37158714855_0627450e01_b.jpg
    Eddy was excited when he finished gardening. I like to think it was because he reached level 8 while tending the garden :)
    36761334900_43ea2d80d3_b.jpg
    While Eddy gardened, Zumi was working on improving her painting skill. I wanted her to get that wish out of the way before the baby came. Eddy interrupted her for a few minutes to listen to her tummy :)
    37158709925_55e707b769_b.jpg
    36761330180_d289232568_b.jpg
    I sent Eddy to the community garden to harvest more cheese and eggs so Zumi could get her wish.
    36344905513_05e5e8e156_b.jpg
    After Zumi leveled up I sent her to the bar to make a drink.
    37016442441_72d2b103f8_b.jpg
    Unfortunately she never got that drink!
    37016440071_b918807223_b.jpg
    "I'm sorry, sir. I can't serve you right now because I am about to have a baby!"
    36344900773_ebce3346aa_b.jpg
    37016436831_53f2cdd068_b.jpg
    This is the painting Zumi had been working on. I think it will be nice for a girl's room.
    36344898593_755d8877b9_b.jpg
    Welcome Darya (Persian for ocean). I know I have told a couple of you that Nature would be my naming theme for this save so I thought I should give the meaning of Darya's name so you could see the connection. I forgot to mention that Glyn is Welsh for Valley.
    37016432791_dfae429782_b.jpg
    Eddy got a pre-age up snuggle and Zumi finally got her drink! ;)
    36344895683_78475da0b8_b.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comment and nice update :smile: Yes that was Bronson, I needed a random teenage guy to appear

@bekkasan @bekkasan Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@ShojoDagger She reminds me of Catwoman! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Day 30 - Part 2

I took Darya into CAS on age up and saw she was a Zumi clone. I don't do clones and, since this is not a genetics save, I played with genetics using MC.
    36969356056_a59c8ebfd3_b.jpg
    She's an odd looking child and won't really grow up much better but at least she isn't a clone.
    36322661774_e9d3256142_b.jpg
    Zumi immediately rolled a wish to teach Darya how to talk. I had her fill her fun bar first :)
    37016425991_a40ac2f6d2_b.jpg
    36322659844_7d4042be92_b.jpg
    36322657674_6401f73059_b.jpg
    Poor Glyn only had service sims to talk with at school :'( I can't wait for Alec to age up in a day so he has a real friend. The NPC service sim kids will be removed from his relationship panel once they have served their purpose.
    36987471992_02200772a4_b.jpg
    I thought it was time for Grandma and Grandpa to visit again :)
    36344880553_6a450ab034_b.jpg
    36987467952_2151195095_b.jpg
    Darya needed to go potty so I had Eddy take her.
    36344877193_f3ca7abc9c_b.jpg
    36987460482_5fe832a9e6_b.jpg
    36969337226_8e2c66d713_b.jpg
    Glyn and Grandpa got on famously :)
    36987456572_77e835e744_b.jpg
    Poor Eddy!
    36969334236_f76942e1d2_b.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Cute toddler pictures :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,150 Member
    I was supposed to work on Replies and Feedback tonight but.............

I worked on Sam's next update instead! :p
    18c.gif

Sorry folks, I can't catch up with the feedback today, but I have read almost all the posts and have been handing out L's and A's! :)
    You all are awesome! Love your stories, humor and this thread! <3

Goodnight and Happy Simming!
    zzzzzzz
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,235 Member
    @Mikezumi Great updates as usual

@king_of_simcity7 Great update

@emorrill yay more sam woo hoo

@Nabril Great update

@polrbear Great update

@ShojoDagger Great update

• Options
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Mikezumi Darya's adorable!
  • Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Mikezumi Great family picture! :smile:

I just remembered what the date is today, it has been 16 years :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

Day 31 - Part 1

Zumi got Darya up and ready for the day :)
    37161187585_202792d139_b.jpg
    Alec didn't age up the night before as he should have so Glyn will have to make do with NPC service sim kids for another day at school :#
    36971745306_6dab8e526f_b.jpg
    Glyn had a wish to catch an excellent goldfish so I sent him fishing with perfect lettuce. He didn't manage to catch one before school but he had fun fishing :)
    36347433923_c3ab67bd73_b.jpg
    Zumi took Darya for a stroll while Eddy gardened.
    37018885081_417b05b322_b.jpg
    When Eddy took Darya for a stroll, I had them visit the park. Zumi joined them a little later but kept her nose in a book.
    36989852562_6f7958afa4_b.jpg
    37161172505_d109659e25_b.jpg
    36989845942_9586e09f0d_b.jpg
    36989844232_38eefd57ee_b.jpg
    37018870201_7a212bc52d_b.jpg
    They stayed at the park until Darya needed to go potty.
    37018868951_42b570cd77_b.jpg
    I saw Zumi doing something with her multitab but didn't realize what until she joined Darya at the xylophone and I saw something pulsing at the side of her head. She was studying the writing skill autonomously!
    37161153935_3e9ec11fc4_b.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,730 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey everyone, I've been lurking around because I haven't been able to play or write another update yet. I had my first day at my new job today and I stuffed up so much, but it's okay because tomorrow has to be better :mrgreen:

Here is a sad Meifeng on the potty which reflects sort of how my day went :lol:
    Screenshot-408.jpg

@Mikezumi I see you chose Eddy as your SS's mate. Nice choice! Your little boy already looks promising :smile:

Has anyone been able to find a good photo sharing website that doesn't downgrade the quality of your screenpics? I was using vgy.me for a bit and now I've tried postimage.org but the quality is noticeable to me and it's kind of annoying to look at. *shakes fist at photobucket*
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I still like the way that your Sims still watch the house after all this time! :D

And yes 16 years has gone fast, I was not even 16 at the time either :(

@coco Welcome back :smile: Cute toddler picture as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top