May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Looks Petite

cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
Something about my sim just makes her look short. I can't seem to put my finger on it.

petite_zps18dd85b2.png

Comments

• Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    Her hips and boobs! :o
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    How'd I know that it was going to be this one?
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    How'd I know that it was going to be this one?

tumblr_mctn7dxeml1qib9pno1_250.gif
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    um.
  • Options
    SketchSketch Posts: 432 Member
    tumblr_mlcs54aeMA1s965feo1_250.gif
    Shj7guV.png
  • Options
    um.

um. well why does she look petite? im not sure why
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Maybe because her boobs are the size of mount rushmore.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    cooli02000 wrote: »
    Something about my sim just makes her look short. I can't seem to put my finger on it.

petite_zps18dd85b2.png

Terrible graphics?
  • Options

petite_zps18dd85b2.png

Terrible graphics?

... I'm not sure if you're making a joke but it's because I zoomed out so then you guys can see her more.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    Petite,

petite12006_468x494.jpg

Not petite,

Coco+Austin+brings+unique+style+Mercedes+Benz+HN0Jc2jWXFhl.jpg

Height has nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    Petite,

petite12006_468x494.jpg

Not petite,

Coco+Austin+brings+unique+style+Mercedes+Benz+HN0Jc2jWXFhl.jpg

Height has nothing to do with it.

In fashion and clothing, a petite size is a standard clothing size designed to fit women of shorter height, typically 160 cm (5 ft 3 in) or less.
  • Options
    nateslicenateslice Posts: 1,440 Member
    I had to give you a Like, @Sketch, because Anna Kendrick.
  • Options
    I take back height because you usually cannot be a very tall woman and still qualify, because taller women are usually bigger by necessity.

Sure you can have a 45 inch waste and still buy "petite" sized pants because you're 4 feet tall, but nobody is calling you petite at that point.

Petite: having a small trim figure —usually used of a woman

• Options
    I take back height because you usually cannot be a very tall woman and still qualify, because taller women are usually bigger by necessity.

Sure you can have a 45 inch waste and still buy "petite" sized pants because you're 4 feet tall, but nobody is calling you petite at that point.

All thin girls are not petite but all petite girls aren't necessarily thin either.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

All thin girls are not petite but all petite girls aren't necessarily thin either.

No, you have to be small and thin.

Tall thin women still have a bigger frame so they aren't petite.

• Options

There's no one clear definition. That's accepted by some people as the definition. But there's usually not a clear one.
  • Options

Tall thin women still have a bigger frame so they aren't petite.

I know that. I never said tall thin women were petite. I said petite people aren't necessarily thin.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    There actually is a precise definition if you are referring to petite clothing sizes. It mainly means short. For pants the measurement between the waist and pelvis or hips is a shorter area, and also the waist to the floor.

Taller women can have a "longer torso" and would surely get a wedgie from "petite" size pants.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Petite is determined by the size of the wrist. Depends on the bone structure. Most women who are actually considered 'petite' do have a very small wrist even if they have a fatter arm. Because at the wrist is where we determine bone size overall. Average frames have a larger wrist and tall women have a much larger bone structure. Yes, you can be fat or thin and still be petite depending on height but that height is not in inches but whether the inseam is petite or not say like for pants. If can be tall and still wear petite pants if your height is in your waste and not in your legs. From inseam to ankle, but you may have more difficulty fitting into a petite blouse depending on if your shoulders are wider than someone with a smaller wrist than yours, and or of course if you are overly endowed like the Sim in the picture. But when I say petite I do mean of shorter, smaller body, and thinner. Not the Sim in the picture but technically me saying petite isn't correct as I just pointed out.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited October 2014
    I like how this thread is supposed to be funny then it got all awkward and y'all started correcting each other.

Is Yolandi (in my sig) considered a petite?
  • Options
    Jimil wrote: »
    I like how this thread is supposed to be funny then it got all awkward and y'all started correcting each other.

lol it became awkward because of vlaxitov which was probably bound to happen anyway
  • Options
    It started weird IMO, but ah well.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Jimil wrote: »

I can't see your signature I have everyone's blocked. Never know what you guys are saying in those signatures.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Gnarl_LeeGnarl_Lee Posts: 1,014 Member
    ""does this skirt make my plum look big?"" :\ ....not petite
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    Shes certainly not mini thats for sure