Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Community Lots for Midnight Hollow by Yahagi Industries

I've been working on new community lots to add gameplay from other expansion packs to Midnight Hollow by creating appropriately designed lots that fit into the theme and aesthetic of the world and look like they actually belong there. They're all CC-free and ready to use. The lot names in the list below link to a post with screen caps. If you find something you like, the download link will take you to the Exchange. I've included a suggested address in case you want to lay your town out like mine.

Ambitions
Unloved Things (Download) A consignment shop for Midnight Hollow. (69 Breach Bend)

Desolate Dumpsite (Download) A junk yard to provide scrap for the sculptors and inventors of Midnight Hollow. (14 Swallow Street)

FDMH (Download) The Fire Department of Midnight Hollow is the city's first line of defense against pyromanics, rampaging gnomes, and other natural disasters common to the region. (68 Breach Bend)

Late Night
Precarious Pub Remixed (Download) Midnight Hollow's Precarious Pub cleaned out, redecorated, and recast as a Late Night local watering hole. (120 Poffald Place)

Jack's (Download) An upscale vampire lounge for Midnight Hollow. (89 True Terrace, change lot type)

The Tomb (Download) The perfect place to dance 'til you drop in Midnight Hollow. (92 True Terrace, change lot type)

Supernatural
The Hidden Path (Download) An elixir consignment shop with a rooftop broom arena. (67 Breach Bend)

The Grove of Portents (Download) A magical grove for fortunetelling and faerie parties in Midnight Hollow. (12 Swallow Street, change lot type)

University Life
The Darkest Roast (Download) This remix of the Lonely Literary Cafe is a Java Hut with activities to draw in a rebel clientele. (111 Shearin Stroll)

Darkstar Comics (Download) This remix of Darkside Books combines a Savvy Seller enabled comics and collectibles shop with a gaming lounge and a steampunk-themed science emporium. Sure to please all of Midnight Hollow's geeks. (6 Rojo Road)

Deserted Gymnasium Remix (Download) This remix of the Deserted Gymnasium adds an outdoor basketball court and a basement rec room to give the Jocks of Midnight Hollow lots of new ways to raise their status in the social group. (58 Breach Bend)

Miscellaneous
The Abandoned Board Walk 2.0 (Download) Currently a beach, but ready to convert to a Supernatural Hangout, a bar, or a poolside lounge. Updated version corrects some graphical glitches and adds an extra set of steps to the beach to resolve some pathing problems. (Bulldoze Bizarre Beach twice to remove lot. Place a 64 x 64 lot with the center point of the center square aligned in the sidewalk that crosses the end of Shearin Stroll. Make sure you place it as tightly as possible to the road.)

Bonus builds
Doyle's Boarding House (Download) is a household of 8 sims staying in a 2-story house with attic. Ideal for adding new residents to Midnight Hollow legacy games to make sure Midnight Hollow retains its signature charm, or to fill a short-term need for Midnight Hollow styled NPCs. (9 Swallow Street)
Also available: just the house (Download).

Local Business District (Download)/Gothic Business District (Download) Local Business District is a Savvy Seller shop lot ready for you to finish with your own businesses. The lot features two move-in ready shops, each with a full set of Savvy Seller furnishings to match the shop's decor ready to copy and place as you build your businesses. Gothic Business District is a customized ready-to-play Midnight Hollow version of the Local Business District, full of curios and furnishings to outfit your Gothic or Steampunk home.

Sparse Dwelling (Download) A 2-story, 2br/1ba Victorian on a 20 x 15 lot. Available furnished for less than 18.5K, it's move-in ready for a pair of roomies. (86 True Terrace)

The Firenze (Download) is a two-story Italianate home decorated in classic style with modern amenities. 3br/2ba with lots of space to entertain. Fits on a 20 x 20 lot. (91 True Terrace)

Hopefully, you'll find something you enjoy.

Comments

• Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited August 2014
    The Abandoned Boardwalk is a replacement for Midnight Hollow's Bizarre Beach. You will need to remove the existing lot and replace it with the 64 x 64 lot in order to place it, but the lot should snap tightly to the existing road. It's on a bigger lot to make room for a pier with a lifeguard station and it adds fog along the water's edge to put a chill in the air. The lot type is currently set to beach, and it has a rusty old children's play area on the beach. However, it also has a professional bar with an on-duty mixologist to serve food and drinks, and if you don't mind it being closed part of the day, it could easily be changed to a Supernatural Hangout or one of the Late Night bars. Alternatively, you could replace some of the old cafe seating with a dance floor, and make it a poolside dance club. The exteriors are appropriately weatherbeaten orange and black, and have decorative flourishes that give it the air of an old carnival.

Welcome to the Abandoned Boardwalk 2.0: (Download)

screenshot_original.jpg

The old boardwalk has been closed for years, and it has seen better days, but someone has converted the old beach front cafe into a bar and people are finally starting to come back to the boardwalk.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Drama in the beachfront bar.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Inside the old arcade. The claaaaaaw, it mooooooooves!
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm not entirely sure the people of Midnight Hollow get the whole beach thing.
    screenshot_original.jpg

(A few of these screenshots are from work in progress, but I didn't go back and re-shoot them.)

Updated to version 2.0

screenshot_original.jpg
    Updated pier area.

screenshot_original.jpg
    The promenade.
    Post edited by Shogo_Yahagi on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Midnight Hollow needs an eccentric inventor, and you can't have an eccentric inventor without a junkyard and a consignment shop. You should probably have ones that look like they belong in Midnight Hollow.

Desolate Dumpsite: (Download)
    Nobody will talk about how old Doc Shuggoth's place burned down, but they don't seem to have any problem with throwing their garbage at it in the dead of night.

screenshot_original.jpg

So much garbage has been thrown over the fence that if you dig around long enough, you'll probably find something you can use.

screenshot_original.jpg

They may not tell you why it burned down, but you have a look around, you can probably come up with a few theories.

screenshot_original.jpg

Unloved Things: (Download)
    Things cast aside, waiting to be picked up again. A consignment shop for Midnight Hollow.

screenshot_original.jpg

It's like purgatory for other people's junk.

screenshot_original.jpg

Or maybe it's purgatory for your junk.

screenshot_original.jpg

Either way, you'll have a place to sell all those widgets if that guy ever gets done with his break.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The default elixir consignment shop serves the function, but it requires a big lot and it doesn't look like it belongs in in Midnight Hollow.

The Hidden Path (Download) combines an elixir consignment shop with a public broom arena, and most importantly, it looks like it actually belongs in Midnight Hollow. This can be dropped right into the vacant commercial lot next to the Golden Ticket.

If you live in Midnight Hollow and dabble in alchemy or the occult, you've surely spent time in The Hidden Path's consignment shop...

screenshot_original.jpg

...or in its zombie-proof garden and apiary.

screenshot_original.jpg

The trees surrounding The Hidden Path shield the rooftop broom arena from prying eyes.

screenshot_original.jpg

Grab a piece of the sky high above Midnight Hollow...

screenshot_original.jpg

...then unwind with a drink in the attic lounge. Just don't stay too late.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2013
    These are all great and you've showcased them so nicely here in your thread!
    My favorite was the rooftop broom area!

Recd all!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2013
    Your community lots for Midnight Hollow are all great! :) It is great that you have created a thread to showcase them all. I have already posted about 3 of them on the other threads that you have made.
    Your newest build The Abandoned Boardwalk is great. Great to have the fogginess effect to add extra atmosphere to the area. Sims will enjoy having a drink at the bar, or have fun playing the arcade games. The orange and yellow colours that you have used for the interior looks great. Great beach and boardwalk!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thanks, Taryn. I'm glad you like the rooftop broom arena. It's my favorite thing about that lot too. I was originally going to put in a courtyard and wrap the building around it, but it would have made the consignment shop too big for the cozy feel I wanted, and it would have required a much bigger lot. I was trying to figure out how to get everything I wanted on the smallest lot possible when I had the idea of putting it on the roof and hiding it between two short sections of gabled roof. Once I tried it, I knew I had to share it. It's just so fun to fly above the building, and when you stunt ride there, it looks like you're using the building as a half-pipe. The animations mesh perfectly with the location.

Thanks, rosemow. I've appreciated your comments on all of the lots. I went with colored lighting in the bar as a way for the new owners to try to spruce the place up a bit even though they haven't had a chance to do much work to it yet. It still has the same old cracked paint on the walls, but the lighting gives the bar a much warmer, richer feel than the rest of the boardwalk, and it gives it an inviting glow when you view it from the beach.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Happy Halloween, everyone!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Precarious Pub Remixed: (Download)
    As supplied, the Precarious Pub wasn't a pub at all. It was laid out like a restaurant, it was decorated with expensive art, and it was a recipe for disaster if you actually tried to have an outing there because there was so little to do besides try out all the chairs.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Now it's actually a pub. For starters, the fine art is gone and I've cleared away most of the ridiculous overabundance of chairs. You and your date will find music and dancing, bar games, and most importantly for something that calls itself a pub, you can actually buy a drink. It's updated for Late Night as a local watering hole, and it has all the ingredients for a successful outing.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Whoever heard of a pub without darts?

screenshot_original.jpg
    The tower room is now a mix of new and old, and it gives you a reason to climb all those stairs.

screenshot_original.jpg
    The back porch now has a stage set up under the new balcony. If you form a band in Midnight Hollow, you'll have a place to play.

screenshot_original.jpg
    And now the name makes sense, I've given it a pub sign in the form of a spider precariously perched above the entrance.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Great refurnishing of Precarious Pub. :) You have included items that a pub should contain, and made it a great place for our sims to go to for eating, drinking and entertainment. Great to have the late night professional bar there, as well as the darts for visitors to the pub to play. Great to have a stage area for playing musical instruments as band, or for sims to come their to listen to the music being played.
    Great refurnishing/remodelling of the build!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, rose. It's a pleasure to hear from you. You always have such positive feedback.
  • Options
    hells456hells456 Posts: 32 Member
    edited November 2013
    I am so excited about The Hidden Path that I have downloaded it before I've even got Midnight Hollow. Very clever placement of the broom arena - I can't wait to try it out.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The Grove of Portents (Download)
    Amidst the darkness of Midnight Hollow, there is a hidden grove where the veil between this world and the next has worn thin and the other side shines through.

This was a bit of a tricky one for a couple of reasons. The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan is brightly colored and can't be restyled, and worse, there doesn't seem to be a way to control the color or brightness of the lights on it. No matter what you do, it is going to stick out like a sore thumb wherever you put it. It will always be too bright and too brightly colored.

Instead of fighting the problems I couldn't change, I embraced them. The Moon Dial and Faerie Castle have the same lighting problems as the Caravan, so I pulled them all together in one lot. Using terrain paints, I brightened the ground around all three items, sprinkled in some subtle flowers in the ground cover near them, and used the smallest versions of the new fantasy trees to define a magical grove around them.

screenshot_original.jpg

Next, I placed Glow Orbs and Spotlight mushrooms to form a faerie ring around the Faerie Castle, anchored by one of the Fantasy Mushroom Trees.

screenshot_original.jpg

Finally, I surrounded it closely with haunted shrubbery and trees, as though the darkness of Midnight Hollow was closing in around the grove, to really emphasize the contrast between the brightness of the grove and the darkness of the surrounding forest.

screenshot_original.jpg

All of these shots were taken at night, when I think the problems of coloring and brightness are at their worst, and I think it still manages to fit into Midnight Hollow reasonably well. The one below is an overhead view in daylight so you can see the terrain paint effects, with the brighter grass, sprinkled with flowers closest to the caravan and moon dial, fading into darker grass within the grove, and out to the dark gray basic MH background outside the grove on the left and in the lower left corner.

screenshot_original.jpg

It's not perfect, but without an alternate 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Caravan that is a better fit for Midnight Hollow, I think this is a fairly good compromise without using CC or mods.

CC free 25 x 25 lot. If you change the lot type, you can drop this in the 25 x 25 lot near the cemetery.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Grove of portents is a great 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan lot. :) Great way of placing and using the various items in your build to create a lot suited to Midnight Hollow. Thanks for sharing with us how you designed and planned this lot because it is interesting to read and the result looks great. Great build for MH !
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Here are a few shots of my current work in progress.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Exterior, street level and aerial view.

screenshot_original.jpg

Upstairs walk-up bar and dance floor

screenshot_original.jpg

VIP Crypt

screenshot_original.jpg

Ground level lounge.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Your WIP looks great! Great place for sims to go for a drink and to have something to eat. Great various sections/levels of the build. The lighting looks great. The wall pattern you have used for the bar area looks good. Great exterior of the build that suits Midnight Hollow world well.
    It is looking good!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Jack's (Download)
    Jack's is an upscale lounge for Midnight Hollow.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

The ground floor has a comfortable old-school laid-back vibe. This is the perfect place for relaxing conversation.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

If you're interested in something a little less relaxed, head upstairs for a far more active scene. There's live music, dancing, and a walk-up bar so you never have to interrupt the action.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

If you have the right connections or are one of Jack's sharp-toothed friends, head downstairs to the exclusive VIP Crypt.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jack's is a great build. :) It is great how you have designed and set up the different levels of the build. Great lighting effects. Vampires will enjoy catching up with friends in the VIP Crypt level! Sims will enjoy the entertainment of the upper level with the music being played and the dance floor. Great to have a more relaxed drink on the first floor. The grey pumpkins at the front entrance look good.
    A great place to visit for eating, a drink and entertainment in MH.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited November 2013
    Love the midnight hollow lounge! Looks great! Lovely architecture and I like the way you have decorated inside. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thank you both, I'm glad you like it. I had a lot of fun doing it. One of the changes I made near the end was changing the jack o'lanterns outside from regular jack o'lanterns into stone light fixtures. I like the way they turned out. I think they give the entrance a more complete look, and I still have a pair of traditional jack o'lanterns flanking the fireplace in the ground floor lounge.

Here are a couple of bonus pictures I had left over.

screenshot_original.jpg
    This is another room on the ground floor, set off from the bar and lounge area shown in the other pictures. I really like the view out of those windows at night. There are some great trees near the lot, but they also look back up the road toward the main downtown area where I have it placed in my world.

screenshot_original.jpg
    This shows up in the pictures that cycle on the download page. This is a bit of a change of pace from the rest of the upstairs. When you've worn yourself out dancing, there's a relaxing little chill-out space set off from the stage and dancefloor. I like to think of it as a mood bar, since you can set the mood for everyone there with the mood light in the corner. Just off to the left of this shot is another fireplace placed between the bar and this lounge.

screenshot_original.jpg
    This is the entrance to the VIP crypt that you see when you take the stairs down from the ground floor. What's the point of having a VIP lounge if you can't show everyone that can't get in just what they're missing?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Great extra photos of your build. Great photo of your sim being affected by the mood lamp. It would be a great area in the build to come to relax. Nice red and black outfit that the sim in your first photo is wearing.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jack's just became my first creation to hit 100 downloads. Thank you to everyone who downloaded it, I hope you're all enjoying it.

When I saw that it was getting close I started working on a little bonus upload to put up if it made it to 100, but I'm afraid you've beaten me to it. I still have to take a few screenshots before it's ready for the Exchange, but I should have it up before too long.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Sparse Dwelling (Download)

To celebrate Jack's 100th download, I'm putting up a little bonus. This isn't a commercial lot, but it is something that Midnight Hollow really needs, a 2 bedroom starter house that you can actually afford to move into. As the name suggests, it is a little sparsely decorated, but with a furnished price of under $18.5K, a pair of roomies can afford to move in and each will have their own bedroom. As a starter house for a small family, you will have funds left over to do some decorating to your own tastes.

Based on a photo of old Victorian rowhouses and slightly modified to be a stand-alone home, it's a 2-story Victorian on a 20 x 15 lot. I built it on the lot across from the abandoned train station and have great views. Even on a small lot, there is room for expansion. There is room for a garage or driveway on the one side of the house and a small yard on the other. The basement level has been lowered inside the foundation and it is ready for expansion. I tested it with a spiral staircase, which you can only place when the ceiling is at the right height.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Street view

screenshot_original.jpg
    Upstairs - spacious bedrooms

screenshot_original.jpg
    Ground floor - large open living area

screenshot_original.jpg
    Master bedroom private balcony

screenshot_original.jpg
    Master bedroom - workspace with a view.

screenshot_original.jpg
    Large open plan living area - perfect for entertaining.

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sparse Dwelling is a great starter Victorian house. :) Nice design of the exterior. The upper bedroom balcony is great. The roof decor looks good and nice shade of colour you used for the exterior. Great layout of the rooms/areas of the interior. The wrought iron spiral staircase looks great. It looks a great home for a family to move into and furnish to their needs and tastes.

• Options
    maddielion22maddielion22 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited November 2013
    I love your abandoned boardwalk beach, but I can't figure out how to place it on the bizarre beach lot because it's too large. How do I get it to fit?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I love your abandoned boardwalk beach, but I can't figure out how to place it on the bizarre beach lot because it's too large. How do I get it to fit?

Oh! Thanks for pointing that out. I wasn't very clear in the description. You have to delete the existing lot and replace it with the 64 x 64 lot so it's on a lot big enough for the pier to stick out into the water. I've updated the description to make it more clear that it won't fit on the existing lot.

That said, you may want to wait a day or two. I have an updated version of this lot that I'm planning to upload this weekend. The new version has a little bit of redecorating, but more importantly, it also clears up a few graphical glitches and adds a set of steps to the pier to fix a pathing problem. I wanted to grab a couple of new screenshots before uploading the new version.

I got distracted by a couple of new projects I'm working on: I've been dividing my time between a club that I'm pretty excited about (which would complete the set of Late Night venues for MH with a bar, club, and lounge) and a mid-priced 2-story, 3-bedroom Italianate home, both of which are nearing completion, but I'll take a break and put up version 2.0 of the Abandoned Boardwalk first.