Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the heck is a Toad Sim?

I had a neighbourhood loading screen and you know the way you get those hints on it... well this one hint said Toad Sims can eat flies and bees. What are toad sims?
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    They are sims with a curse. Witch sims with a high enough skill can curse sims to be toad sims :D.

Witch sims are so fun if your sim is evil or if they have enemies, with all you can do with them :lol:.
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited September 2013
    In Supernatural, witches can cast the Toadification curse on other sims. It turns the sim's head into a toad's head and leaves the body all human. Toadified sims can be cured by the sim asking for a "toad kiss" or the sim can use a cure exlir.

Here's a picture of it posted by Margerita at Carls-Sims-Guide.

28tj2is.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2013
    Here's info on witches and what they can do.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/supernatural/witches.php?cmtx_page=2

you'll see the Toadification Curse listed.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited September 2013
    While using the alchemy station, there is a chance of having a backfire while mixing potions, that will turn your Sim into a toad. It is a harmless state that is cute to watch, and they can do all normal Sim activities. Watching them eat flies or bees is hilarious. They also make croaking sounds.

But when you're ready to see your old Sim change back, buy the Moodlet Manager reward object. Have another Sim point it at your Sim to zap them. It may not always work the first time. Otherwise the only cure is if you have a Sim that is proficient in concocting the "cure all" potion at the alchemy station. I've never played a witch, so I don't know how they break the spell. Some suggest that your toad kiss a normal Sim for the cure, but I found that doing that only turns the other Sim into a toad as well. :-o :lol:

Screenshot-877_zpsfa3e9d5b.jpg

Screenshot-1021_zpsbd3d4999.jpg

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited September 2013
    hahaha... gotta try this out. thanks.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited September 2013
    I got tired of Toad Sims when I had a Witch in Twinbrook turn everyone into them. Was too lazy to cure them all, so I just moved her to Riverview. x)
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2013
    eh, witches don't need to be evil to cast the curse. One sim decided to take my witch's broom, so I turned him into a toad. :twisted: It wears off after awhile, and kind of like the genie thing, sims don't even realize when it happens to them (the relationship bar stays steady). I'm not that mean of a simmer, but when sims tick me off, it's kind of nice to do annoying things to other sims, like turn them into toads with them none the wiser. :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited September 2013
    I can't wait for my witch to get that skilled. She's going to toadify the paparazzi that stalk her celebrity boyfriend.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2013
    Simpkin wrote:
    hahaha... gotta try this out. thanks.
    Lv Spell

1 Conversion Spell
    2 Good Luck Charm
    3 Fire Blast, Ice Blast
    4 Toadifaction
    5 Hunger Curse, Hygene curse, Bladder Curse (I believe)
    7 Hunger Charm, Hygene Charm, Bladder Charm
    8 Sunlight Charm (cures zomifaction)
    9 ... Ritual ( a spell to clean any room/ area)
    10 Reanimation Ritual

OH one last thing.. About that 'kiss' to cure the toad curse... I HAVE read that the 'kiss' can back fire and just turn the kisser into a Toad TOO! Or can do nothing at all, it's random.

The set of charm spells and curse spells I could have backwards... Been a while..
    My mind is a bit foggy on the stuff now lol, but I believe it is/ was as early as LVL 4 for the Toad curse!
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg