Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Own the Store' Breakdown [with Downloads Links] Updated Aug 7 '14

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited September 2013
    So I re-downloaded (worlds were golds) and besides 10 sets and 3 compilations (I don't have) it took me about 2 hours to download this list. Just a FYI :)

Ok I founds some updates and errors and fixed.

And I re-downloaded again (but this time less downloads more overlap (just too much missing for how much and what type of content I had)) about 1.5 hours and less than 2 hours including singled and purchase history only items/sets, when the other (less over lap more downloads) was 3ish.

Really it is a task to have minimal overlap especially if you still find missing or don't fully own the store yet. Fell free to let me know mistakes if you find them.

Basically, this is a good start but until I own the store I cannot guarantee but considering before CYS + this list a dream in less time re-downloading :P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Last night I broke down and bought a 10$sp bundle with the credit I had on my credit card from over paying my last bill. Completed 1 compilations and 6 sets (leaving 2 comps and 3 sets till I own all sets in the sore (besides 1 I don't want)), the re-downloaded the store a 3rd time, 3 ish hours via my list, MrHawks singles list, then purchase history free/LE packs and 2 single items that are apart of sets (1 that refuses to download with the set Bow Toe) and today I realized the last item that caused my Missing Objects warning (and I wasn't even in my game, I was looking at a lot of mine and saw the item and knew I didn't have it downloaded cause I was waiting to complete the set first). I have a re-download system that works with minimal cross checking, low over lap and takes no more than 3.5 hours to complete re-download the store with all my items!!!

You know there is about 3 pages 150ish of set overlap in the in game dash? (if you do all the available CYS o.O; )

So happy with my list knowing it essentially works, if you own most of the store or own sets only. :D
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited September 2013
    got to ask how much GBs is all your downloads add up to?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    TheZommbie wrote:
    got to ask how much GBs is all your downloads add up to?

Where do I find out the amount? it translated in over 3000 items in my dash.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    your sims 3 download folder
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    TheZommbie wrote:
    your sims 3 download folder

My Downloads Folder when I check properties says [Size: 1.18 MB, Size on Disc: 1.21 MB].
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Do you not mean the DCBackup? that is [Size: 5.87 GB Size on Disc: 5.88 GB]

• Options
    edited September 2013
    My documents\electronic arts\the sims 3\downloads

my folder is 1gb+ i have afew worlds acouple sets and afew comps

edit: wow almost 6gb thats alot
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    TheZommbie wrote:
    My documents\electronic arts\the sims 3\downloads

my folder is 1gb+ i have afew worlds acouple sets and afew comps

edit: wow almost 6gb thats alot

I am only 2 compilations (equivalent to 5 sets) and 3 sets (8 set + 1 I don't want to own, 9 sets left) short and probably 50ish single (non tied to set) items. Then I own the store.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    updated midnight hollow added
  • Options
    angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited October 2013
    I have a question for people who have downloaded the Best of 2012 Compilation. Is the Greenhouse included in this compilation the "fixed" version or the first (broken) one? I would like to know before I start the somewhat ardous task of downloading lots of compilations (about to do a full Sims Store items reinstall, once ITF is out). Thanks in advance for any reply.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I have a question for people who have downloaded the Best of 2012 Compilation. Is the Greenhouse included in this compilation the "fixed" version or the first (broken) one? I would like to know before I start the somewhat ardous task of downloading lots of compilations (about to do a full Sims Store items reinstall, once ITF is out). Thanks in advance for any reply.

You have to download SimGuruCopeland's band aide I have the link there, it is not broken if you don't have Seasons, it is just not winterized since store is base game. The Seasons friendly is SimGuruCopeland's, or you can add the roof tile your self. I wouldn't expect the store download to include the winterized- it may never happen.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the quick reply, HollownessDevour. I saw your featured article in the community blog and wanted to say congratulations! :thumbup: I haven't yet downloaded Midnight Hollow (have to stagger out my big downloads, due to stupid data cap) but I'm quite fond of its Steampunk feel.

I have the "fixed" version of the entire Stone's Throw Greenhouse set (because I got the set several months after its release), but I haven't yet downloaded the Best of 2012 Compilation. If the Best of 2012 has the broken version of the Stone's Throw venue, I guess I'll just install each set in Best of 2012 individually, since I already have most of them downloaded. This whole reinstalling Store stuff is time-consuming and I'm so glad to have this list to consult. It's come in handy to minimize duplicates.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for the quick reply, HollownessDevour. I saw your featured article in the community blog and wanted to say congratulations! :thumbup: I haven't yet downloaded Midnight Hollow (have to stagger out my big downloads, due to stupid data cap) but I'm quite fond of its Steampunk feel.

I have the "fixed" version of the entire Stone's Throw Greenhouse set (because I got the set several months after its release), but I haven't yet downloaded the Best of 2012 Compilation. If the Best of 2012 has the broken version of the Stone's Throw venue, I guess I'll just install each set in Best of 2012 individually, since I already have most of them downloaded. This whole reinstalling Store stuff is time-consuming and I'm so glad to have this list to consult. It's come in handy to minimize duplicates.

Yes, breaking down a compilation or two into sets isn't that bad over all I did it myself when I re-downloaded but it super helped, I couldn't believe it was less than 1/2 the time owning almost 95% than me owning 60-70% store without this list. Singles really slow down the process but CYS saved me bu.ttloads of pain :D I still have some duplicates but not nearly as much as before.

oh and thank you I am glad you liked it :D
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    OMG that's a LOT of work!
    HOW did you not lose your sanity doing that?!

I was worried about losing chance to buy Store stuff for S3 once it closes, since I only had some store stuff bought in past & mainly stuck to getting all the exp & stuff pks.
    So I was going to try making a list with this sites "wishlist", & narrow it down to most wanted, then figure out the best deals for cost.

NOW you scared the bejezzes out of me, with saying its a few THOUSAND items! :shock:
    Sounds like I'm gonna need a bank loan! :lol:

This is going to be some real tough prioritizing for me.
    But not the end of the world. :mrgreen:
    I'm very scared of Storm season coming up in real-life after last 2 yrs. I live on an actual Island :cry:
    And unfortunately, no, NOT tropical...
    (2 kids in college, one in last yr of HS-so I'll have 3 in college next yr-darn, NOW I'm feeling OLD)
    Good thing Sims 4 is still a bit undecided for me...and really far off! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    One of my old jobs I worked, I maintained a spread sheet of 1000+ accounts with 1 to 6 limits each, I'd get several to many updates a day: limits increased, decreased, changed, move or add and rarely deleted, plus once a year an update of every single account and every single limit where I chase up branches and branch managers for updates make sure they didn't do it wrong cause, yes, they did not know how to do the paper work most of the time. Then I'd have to cross reference the previous paper work, and check 2 systems (since the systems didn't speak to each other). So this was probably less than 8 hours of work, so pie compared :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    updated newest set, One With Nature.

plus added links for seasons lots for AS, DV and MH.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have a head's-up on the April 2012 Compilation: it's missing these 8 items from the Fabulous Fiesta/ Haute Hacienda Dining Room subset: Desert Oasis Floral Vase, Desert Cactus Sculpture (has red flowers), Folk Art Mirror, Old Town Bench, Cantina Candelabra, Artful Adobe Arched Doorway, Old Town Dining Chair, & Artful Adobe Arched Window. I didn't notice this until I went through the subsets and counted the items from each set within the Compilation. I then looked at other Compilations I own but noticed no other discrepencies. (Yes, I'm that OCD. :-))
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Updated: Grim's Ghastly Manor and Cosmic Cosmetics Bundle (registration reward)
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi, HollownessDevour!

Thank you so much for doing this!

I was wondering if you could help me with some themed lots (with PC items where they fit) I'm looking for?

Either creators you know who have done this, or that perhaps you could do?

I already have a few of your lots, they are exquisite! I especially love your asian bathhouse/spa/diner!

This is what I'm looking for (I have all EPs and most SPs):

**A boutique for weddings and one for sweets. I'm already using your lovely widgets/toys lot. Though I guess for sweets I could modify the cake lot that came with Sweet Treats.

**A community lot that has the farmer harvest stand/garden PC/set combined with the cow and chicken sets.

**A community lot/residential lot that uses all futuristic items (can use ITF stuff, too) I say both as obviously whatever wouldn't work for a community lot would work for residential.

**A community lot/residential lot for all of the beach/surf items.

**A community lot/residential lot for all victorian/old town items.

**A community lot/residential lot for all the circus type stuff. I guess magic could be included, too. Kind of like a traveling carnival.

**A community lot/residential lot that uses hacienda/fiesta sets.

**A community lot/residential lot using Indian/Moroccan sets.

**A community lot/residential lot using all the country/frontier/waning moon sets.

**A community lot/residential lot using all fairy/"nature" sets. All the furniture that had a tree-like appearance and such.

Whatever other sets that are left would be houses probably, since they don't combine as well. For example, the Haute Hip, 50's, ultra living/modern sets wouldn't really mesh together.

Any venues that could use PC items/sets would be cool, too. Such as the Olympian Gym using the Greek/Roman items.

I realize this is quite detailed, but I really am having a hard time figuring out what to search/how to find them. I know hundreds of people make lovely lots every day!

I found the Mad Hatter Cafe for use of the industrial oven already.

Thanks again for your buy the set thread! :mrgreen:

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I have a head's-up on the April 2012 Compilation: it's missing these 8 items from the Fabulous Fiesta/ Haute Hacienda Dining Room subset: Desert Oasis Floral Vase, Desert Cactus Sculpture (has red flowers), Folk Art Mirror, Old Town Bench, Cantina Candelabra, Artful Adobe Arched Doorway, Old Town Dining Chair, & Artful Adobe Arched Window. I didn't notice this until I went through the subsets and counted the items from each set within the Compilation. I then looked at other Compilations I own but noticed no other discrepencies. (Yes, I'm that OCD. :-))

oh thanks--- that's strange
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Hi, HollownessDevour!

Thank you so much for doing this!

I was wondering if you could help me with some themed lots (with PC items where they fit) I'm looking for?

Either creators you know who have done this, or that perhaps you could do?

I already have a few of your lots, they are exquisite! I especially love your asian bathhouse/spa/diner!

This is what I'm looking for (I have all EPs and most SPs):

**A boutique for weddings and one for sweets. I'm already using your lovely widgets/toys lot. Though I guess for sweets I could modify the cake lot that came with Sweet Treats.

**A community lot that has the farmer harvest stand/garden PC/set combined with the cow and chicken sets.

**A community lot/residential lot that uses all futuristic items (can use ITF stuff, too) I say both as obviously whatever wouldn't work for a community lot would work for residential.

**A community lot/residential lot for all of the beach/surf items.

**A community lot/residential lot for all victorian/old town items.

**A community lot/residential lot for all the circus type stuff. I guess magic could be included, too. Kind of like a traveling carnival.

**A community lot/residential lot that uses hacienda/fiesta sets.

**A community lot/residential lot using Indian/Moroccan sets.

**A community lot/residential lot using all the country/frontier/waning moon sets.

**A community lot/residential lot using all fairy/"nature" sets. All the furniture that had a tree-like appearance and such.

Whatever other sets that are left would be houses probably, since they don't combine as well. For example, the Haute Hip, 50's, ultra living/modern sets wouldn't really mesh together.

Any venues that could use PC items/sets would be cool, too. Such as the Olympian Gym using the Greek/Roman items.

I realize this is quite detailed, but I really am having a hard time figuring out what to search/how to find them. I know hundreds of people make lovely lots every day!

I found the Mad Hatter Cafe for use of the industrial oven already.

Thanks again for your buy the set thread! :mrgreen:

Quick off the top of my head:

Future looking Lots I'd say Lunar Lakes Sharing thread (probably better future looking stuff than I'd ever be able to do :D ) http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/500930.page

A couple of great farm/gardening lots from Sunsetsorbet:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7679551
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7713718

Kateoverend did a wedding shop recently:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7729531 (pictures here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/718988.page )

Larifari2009 did an amazing Circus lot:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5699873
    and well just chekc out her Studio all together (filter by lots if you'd liek she has a lot of creations: http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?selectedAsstType=all&persona=Larifari2009 )

Fairy Cottage by Tiki5872:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7321176
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    anettesb wrote:

oh thanks--- that's strange

That is odd, I did not have this problem but I don't know if I did download that in particular way. Only item I had that did not download with the set was the Bow Toe shoes from the Fanciful fashions set.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thank you!

Is buying compilation sets cheaper than paying for each set separately?

I ask because I saw this in their faq, which seems like saving money?

"What Does it mean if I see a green download button a set where I am eligible for the Complete Your Set Discount?

Congratulations! Because you already own most of the set, your discount makes you eligible to receive the set with no cost."

I'm not sure if buying individual items from each set would help in not only giving me some free sets supposedly, but also reducing the prices of others?

Now that there are no more expansions, I really want to get each set rather than my favorites from each set.

I used to only care about what I'd use all the time, but after seeing some really cool creations, I realize that for many lots the whole set just makes it come together better.

A great example of this would be an Tiki-themed resort--you may not like every item separately, but they combine to create a fun, truly "Tiki" resort.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ashcrash19 wrote:
    Thank you!

Is buying compilation sets cheaper than paying for each set separately?

I ask because I saw this in their faq, which seems like saving money?

"What Does it mean if I see a green download button a set where I am eligible for the Complete Your Set Discount?

Congratulations! Because you already own most of the set, your discount makes you eligible to receive the set with no cost."

I'm not sure if buying individual items from each set would help in not only giving me some free sets supposedly, but also reducing the prices of others?

Now that there are no more expansions, I really want to get each set rather than my favorites from each set.

I used to only care about what I'd use all the time, but after seeing some really cool creations, I realize that for many lots the whole set just makes it come together better.

A great example of this would be an Tiki-themed resort--you may not like every item separately, but they combine to create a fun, truly "Tiki" resort.

It should be but do double check.

When CYS came out I had no sp and go lots of sets completed (green download button). Usually the more items in a set or more expensive items in a set should be bigger discounts. So in theory Compilations and full sets (sets made up of 2 or more smaller sets) should be bigger savings than goign by sub sets and individual items.

A few people have had problems with being charges when it should be free if that happens just contact support to get your SP back and if the first rep won't do it get another one.

Yes, I did notice when getting full sets for a theme I use items I wouldn't think I'd use originally. So what I did was sets/themes I want/love priority then like/could use the theme after that. Funny enough, when I see what is done with some themes makes me realize so many sets are better than ok, just the default colors aren't that WOW factor sometimes but once you do it is like getting a whole new better set :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top