Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Own the Store' Breakdown [with Downloads Links] Updated Aug 7 '14

Comments

• Options
    EMPRESSPAMELAEMPRESSPAMELA Posts: 10,108 Member
    edited August 2013
    This is awesome. I did the same thing a while back. Would have loved this to follow. I'll bookmark for reference. The store is so confusing these days, lol. Thank you sweetie. :D
    oow785m
  • Options
    angelcat621angelcat621 Posts: 350 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I just wanted to mention that the April 2013 Compilation has been recently added to Complete Your Set. I own the Country Living set and could now get Tutor of Tudors (in the Compilation) for 700SP.

Keep up the great work. I'm getting ready to redownload and reinstall my Store stuff soon and this thread will help a lot. Bookmarked.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2013
    thank you for this reorgenising my back up files

question
    don't "Best of 2012 Compilation" over lap with 1 or more other compilations?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I added this thread to my "newbie letter" under store help
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    if you downloade and install overlapping is that a problem for your game? what will it do?
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    if you downloade and install overlapping is that a problem for your game? what will it do?

Currently, I have lots of overlap but I don't think there is a problem but knowing there is an overlap bothers me so I plan to soon re-download for less maybe it will me better performance maybe not but I think it is just a personal preference and a re-download time thing :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    thank you

1 more question: (sorry if I make many)

January 2012 Compilation -> New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set
    but what about the classic set? is that in an other compilation because I can't find it?

also this is interesting... to note
    I got “Blast From the Past Compilation” do to owning it individually, but I still can’t downloade “Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set” the “Mid-Century Fantasy” is no problem
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited August 2013
    this will be very useful! Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    anettesb wrote:

question

They way I have it set up is that to avoid overlap and still have the minimal downloads to download 'Best of 2012 Compilation' is more efficient and where that compilation over laps better lies with breaking down or not downloading the others it overlaps with: like Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings [Covered by having: January 2012 Compilation + Gothique Library], January 2012 Compilation -> New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set but it is better to download for lest over lap:

Best of 2012 Compilation + Gothique Library + New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set + Killer Classics

instead of less downloads and more overlap:

Best of 2012 Compilation, January 2012 Compilation, Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings

I hope that makes sense :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    thank you

1 more question: (sorry if I make many)

January 2012 Compilation -> New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set
    but what about the classic set? is that in an other compilation because I can't find it?

also this is interesting... to note
    I got “Blast From the Past Compilation” do to owning it individually, but I still can’t downloade “Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set” the “Mid-Century Fantasy” is no problem

The classics sets is covered in Killer classics (under sets :) )

It is cause the store doesn't have them apart of Complete Your Set yet, which I hoped would be fixed by now D:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I just wanted to mention that the April 2013 Compilation has been recently added to Complete Your Set. I own the Country Living set and could now get Tutor of Tudors (in the Compilation) for 700SP.

Keep up the great work. I'm getting ready to redownload and reinstall my Store stuff soon and this thread will help a lot. Bookmarked.

updated thanks :)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    anettesb wrote:

question

They way I have it set up is that to avoid overlap and still have the minimal downloads to download 'Best of 2012 Compilation' is more efficient and where that compilation over laps better lies with breaking down or not downloading the others it overlaps with: like Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings [Covered by having: January 2012 Compilation + Gothique Library], January 2012 Compilation -> New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set but it is better to download for lest over lap:

Best of 2012 Compilation + Gothique Library + New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set + Killer Classics

Best of 2012 Compilation, January 2012 Compilation, Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings

I think it makes sense....
    I think I need to do the with an extra monitor... because some things I can't do as it isn't part of complet your set... even when you got it all... sigh...

1 more question..
    all the set under set... they not in any compiltion set? right?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I think I'm getting a few doupls here and there... but as long as they couse no problems I don't really mind...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    anettesb wrote:

question

I think it makes sense....
    I think I need to do the with an extra monitor... because some things I can't do as it isn't part of complet your set... even when you got it all... sigh...

1 more question..
    all the set under set... they not in any compiltion set? right?

Yes it should be (unless I missed something) just The Classics Welcome Back to Three Lakes and Killer Classics was a unique case, like Killer classics covers the set in a compilation instead of having the cow plant items as singles I decided to have Killer Classics under sets instead of January 2012 Compilation (New Year, New Kitchen! + Year of the Dragon Set + The Classics Welcome Back to Three Lakes).

:)
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    I think I'm getting a few doupls here and there... but as long as they couse no problems I don't really mind...

Yeah, the idea is to minimize dups and download time as best possible I don't know if we can get perfection but definitely easier more helpful than download everything or a bunch of singles.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thank you so much... now I just need my singles...

I noticed you don't have some car freebies and the limited on you link list... do you want them?

I can try and find them if it is posibel...
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited September 2013
    Many thanks for this tool.

:?: Hibiscus Trio Set

It was one of the first PC Items. Then it was in with gifts for a while (they keep rearranging things) when it got demoted because evidently it doesn't DO anything. Now it is in the Build section under Plants.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13819&pcategoryId=&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:55394

It is still listed as a Set, not available for Complete your Set blah blah blah . I looked and looked on your lovely list because it is still on my wishlist and I want to keep track. I have several varieties of hibiscus in my gardens and want my Sims to have some too someday :-)

What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    HollownessDevour
    do you not have the Hibuscus set? as it was not on the list....

gets sneaky ideas.... where is there a lottery....I need you to have it all
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    tinkknitz wrote:
    Many thanks for this tool.

:?: Hibiscus Trio Set

It was one of the first PC Items. Then it was in with gifts for a while (they keep rearranging things) when it got demoted because evidently it doesn't DO anything. Now it is in the Build section under Plants.

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13819&pcategoryId=&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:55394

It is still listed as a Set, not available for Complete your Set blah blah blah . I looked and looked on your lovely list because it is still on my wishlist and I want to keep track. I have several varieties of hibiscus in my gardens and want my Sims to have some too someday :-)

Thanks, I missed that :D list is updated :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well I finally decided to see what the damage would be to own the store. I need to complete 3 complications (at 18%, 38% and 60%), 8 Sets (3%, 16%, 20%, 35%, 38%, 40%, 70% and 77%), about 100 ish singles (I'll probably only get 60ish not sure yet) and 1 2 item set I probably will skip. Then I own the store, why on earth I feel the need to do this :P well I am a collector type :P ;) I may not get every single unless they do a single item compilation but I think I'll be the 90% owner of the store eventually :D :P Well beside single items I think I'll own all sets besides Transport to the future 2 item set. :P ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yea My hope is just right now that they make those sets I collected individually able for CYS

and that they make 1 or 2 sets of the single items... that works with CYS.....
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    Yea My hope is just right now that they make those sets I collected individually able for CYS

I do not see why they haven't finished doing CYS for everything? I mean brand new stuff I can expect a grace period that it won't be available (make their money yada yada). But older stuff what is the hold up? :roll:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    anettesb wrote:

I do not see why they haven't finished doing CYS for everything? I mean brand new stuff I can expect a grace period that it won't be available (make their money yada yada). But older stuff what is the hold up? :roll:

I understand that too... I just wish that anything 3 months or older was part of CYS...

well actually I wished they had a you own all we send out in 2010... here 1 downloade
    2011... 1 downloade....
    and so on... and did that as a super complication downloade in june every year... for the stuff from year before...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    So I re-downloaded (worlds were golds) and besides 10 sets and 3 compilations (I don't have) it took me about 2 hours to download this list. Just a FYI :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top