Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To those doing 100 baby challenges

I'm doing one just to pass the time, and I've come up against a little bump. When the kids get old enough to move out, do you just move them out? Won't this create too many people in town? Do you move all the kids out, or do you "move them out" and then delete them to make room in town? Go back through and delete the fathers after they've served their purpose?

I'm just worried about over populating my town.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ohhjulietohhjuliet Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited June 2012
    Do you think the Duggar family is doing a real life 100 baby challenge?
  • Options
    SteffstarSteffstar Posts: 1,354 Member
    edited June 2012
    ohhjuliet wrote:

If so, they need to speed it up. I think Mrs. Duggar is approaching the next stage in life. Not sure if it will be Adult or elder, but if she hits elder...she loses.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    she's closer to winning than I will ever be. hahaha
  • Options
    HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Steffstar wrote:
    I'm doing one just to pass the time, and I've come up against a little bump. When the kids get old enough to move out, do you just move them out? Won't this create too many people in town? Do you move all the kids out, or do you "move them out" and then delete them to make room in town? Go back through and delete the fathers after they've served their purpose?

Thanks!

Hi there, for my 100 Baby Challenge, I move them out by using the kick out option. I normally delete the fathers when it gets way too crowded.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think you should make a town for the deleted fathers... I am suddenly feeling very bad about all of these used up and deleted dads.
  • Options
    HarmonysimsHarmonysims Posts: 1,700 New Member
    edited June 2012
    lol!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    ohhjuliet wrote:
    I think you should make a town for the deleted fathers... I am suddenly feeling very bad about all of these used up and deleted dads.

Bachlor Meadows. All homes have man caves.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Steffstar wrote:

Thanks!

Hi there, for my 100 Baby Challenge, I move them out by using the kick out option. I normally delete the fathers when it gets way too crowded.

Sounds like a good idea.
  • Options
    Simfreak89Simfreak89 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2012
    ohhjuliet wrote:

Lol :lol:
  • Options
    MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2012
    If you leave aging/story progression turned on and use a mod (like NRass' Master Controller) you can manually keep your breed-sim in the YA/A lifestages while the rest o the town ages and changes around her.

By the time you are done with the challenge, most of the townies will be her grandchildren or great-grandchildren, but the rest of the town's population should still exist.

(Nrass' Story Progression works much better than EA's story progression with regards to getting this effect.)
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • Options
    peaceluverrpeaceluverr Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have all 38 kids and fathers still in my town xD Everyone is related and it's hard for my simmy to find a guy not dating her kids lol.
  • Options
    MomGinnyMomGinny Posts: 311 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have all 38 kids and fathers still in my town xD Everyone is related and it's hard for my simmy to find a guy not dating her kids lol.

HAHAHAHA Oh dear... Talk about some serious Momma' Drama!
    My Sims || My CC Creations || My Simblr || OID: MomGinny
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,982 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've recently hit the half-way mark on mine. For the most part I go to edit town and split household, then move the kids into the same house as their dads. There toward the end my town was mostly populated with Holly's babies and former baby-daddies, but I recently switched towns due to glitches and left most of them behind. That's another option if you'd like to play for a while with them in the town, but don't want to get to the complete over-crowded level. ^_^
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    MomGinny wrote:
    If you leave aging/story progression turned on and use a mod (like NRass' Master Controller) you can manually keep your breed-sim in the YA/A lifestages while the rest o the town ages and changes around her.

By the time you are done with the challenge, most of the townies will be her grandchildren or great-grandchildren, but the rest of the town's population should still exist.

(Nrass' Story Progression works much better than EA's story progression with regards to getting this effect.)

Really? How do I do that?