Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

Comments

• Options
    cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited June 2014
    Here are some pretty snow pictures :)

kueli.jpg

fxgk07.jpg

I'm still enjoying the world a lot :)
  • Options
    Michele1313MMichele1313M Posts: 93 New Member
    edited June 2014
    So this world will require stuff packs? ****, thought I read in this thread awhile ago it wouldn't. Will it be likely my game will crash if I have all the EPs but not the two stuff packs? I've always thought your worlds looked beautiful Quailhogs but the stuff pack requirements have always kept me from trying them out. I might finally make an exception though if it's possible it might work anyway.

Amazing work as always on the world by the way! It really does look amazing, and the stories are very intriguing.
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2014
    Stuff Packs are not necessary for the world to run, though I used a car from Fast Lane Stuff on one lot. They will either disappear or be replaced when you download the world.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I have heard little complaint besides the Kracken and some minor routing issues. Does anyone have any more suggestions or FAMILIES while the world is still in beta? Do you like the fact that the game overrides some of the wall decor with pictures specific to this world, or should I cut it out with that?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2014
    Quailhog I cannot give any opinion as I cannot stay connected long enough to download it as I am only getting 1 bar on wifi - We are having our regular internet fixed tomorrow providing it doesn't rain and we are getting a boost from 5 up to 15 - so my net will fly - sorry. I did post and let you know - but you must have missed my post. So do what ever you think is best - I just wanted to remind you why I haven't posted anything since you put this beta up. It must be better if no one is complaining other than the Kracken.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited June 2014
    No, I got your post. My post was directed towards everyone in general.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll be downloading and checking out all the families. I'll get back to you if I find any issues. Very excited to finally see what this world is like :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    For the most part everything is running smoothly. I'm just having an issue with Uphill 28 Kilmore Road West. It's an empty lot but an NPC keeps popping up as unroutable in the third building, lowest one on the hill. I'm not sure what I should do to fix it. I already tried resetting that particular sim but she just stays in that building. I'm worried if I delete that sim it'll just spawn another NPC and will go to that same building. Also, I don't know if this was intentional but there is a small park with no title at 51 The Grove.

Edit: I don't know why that sim was having issues in that house but once I went into edit town mode and actually saw the sim inside, I reset her and haven't had an issue since. I think the majority of the "unroutable" sims I get aren't really stuck at all because the issue goes away for a while. I only pay attention to the ones that constantly pop up and I haven't had many of them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so I just murdered that house; hopefully that problem should be gone now. I also gave a name to the small lot in the grove.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8292657

Changes:
    -Got rid of the glitchy apartment in Uphill
    -Added a Resort Lot near the cemetery: Sanguine Harbor
    -Placed a lot with a lighthouse and family on the island with the scrapyard.
    -Minor change in appearance for some Sims.
    -Added Beautiful Vista Buff to some of the more expensive lots.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm guessing from the date that this is your third beta? I'm currently playing on beta map 2, so might wait to switch when it's final. I've never seen a krakken or whatever, and don't get the appeal. There's certainly enough monstrous humans....er, sims to fill that niche.

Really lovely world, especially the water and terrain painting.
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    edited June 2014
    Perhaps you already caught this, but your gym is "no visitors allowed", so no gym symbol on map, and probably no visitors.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sharonxyz: No, I was actually unaware of this. Thank you for pointing that out. I will take care of it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just a heads up but, trying to figure it out now, something is wrong with the stage at The Wailing Teapot. The proprietor keeps acting like there is a routing issue but I'm not really sure what the problem really is. I love the showtime careers but it seems these darn stages cause more trouble than they're worth :\

Edit: How many stages/showtime lots are there? From what I counted I only saw 3. The Wailing Teapot has been the only one to give me trouble so far but there hasn't been a SimFest at the dance club one yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lol! :lol: I love the terrain job you did where you got rid of that house. Clever!
  • Options
    Tadster91Tadster91 Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm a big fan of Grey Meadow and The Stoneshields and I really love what you've done with Huntsborough. A couple of issues though:

-The house the Sheehan household and the empty house with the same layout (Herald) have a problem with the stacked stairs. Sims cannot go up the staircase from the first floor to the second. They start and as soon as they get to the top step, they turn around and go back down; they do this twice. They don't have a problem going down from the second to first floor and can use the second staircase other than the Use Stairs interaction (which they'll go down the first staircase instead of up the second). When deleted the top staircase, they went up the lower one no problem. Those two lots just need to be tweaked to place the two staircases side by side or to use stacked spiral staircases.

-There isn't a buoy at The Chasm dive spot and I didn't see any harvestable Kelp at either dive spot

-No fish spawners at Hackett Pond; you might want to add a couple of other fishing spots.

-For some reason that quite doesn't make sense to me, Sims can't fish off of docks but they can fish off of the sides of houseboats, so at port lots with fish spawners like the Gainsboro ports, I moved the spawners from around the docks to along the sides of the houseboat slip so at least one can fish from their houseboat at port.

That's all I could find before I had a random CTD.
  • Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi, finally downloaded all my store stuff which had disappeared for what ever reason so can finally play. Will try and dl your Beta 3 and hopefully start testing later on today or sometime tomorrow. GRand daughter visiting so will see about time. so glad you are not using ITF as I don't have it and don't want it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Lizziguin: Those stages tend to be a real annoyance. From what I remember, I believe I only placed three stages in Huntsborough. The two that you mentioned, and there is also a stage in the central park. Hopefully that can be resolved.

Tadster91: Thank you for pointing that out. I fixed the stairs in the Sheehan house and demolished Herald (putting that house there was somewhat of an afterthought). The other things you listed I have fixed as well.

Rukaya: Yes, I never purchased Seasons, University Life, or Into the Future, so none of those will be required in any of my downloads. Thank you for taking the time to test this out.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Well if none of the households have sims that require a showtime career, I'm probably going to go around to those three stages and get rid of them and just redecorate those areas.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    My granddaughter test your world today for several hours. We found no routing errors so far. I had my sim move into the baron, very nice. she then drove to various places eating and gaining skills . All has gone well. experienced very small lags but I expect that will settle down with time. So far so good. We both really are enjoying Huntsborough.
    We also made 2 families to add to your world if you would like them in addition to Jonas Grey, Vera Green and Jocasta Malroy that I made when you first request some sims. No CC and never been played. If you need their addresses again I will happily post them. I know it has been sometime since I last posted them.
    Alana Dunne is a gold digger who is also ambitious and wants wealth very badly.She is ambitious charismatic and dislikes children.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8300382

The Grimm family A very disfunctional family created mostly by my talented granddaughter. Adm Grimm murdered his wife and children in different horrible ways and then killed himself. Now they must "live" together tho things might possibly go badly for dear old dad.
    Hope you like them. No CC and they have never been played.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8300381

Forgot to add I always check my uploads with Custard.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rukaya: Thank you for your help. I will also try to add Alana Dunne to my world. The Grimm family may need to be reworked for this world since CAW is not compatible with ghosts.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh that is too bad about the Grimm family. So they would have to be mad human sims? I believe my GD said that dear old insane dad was a witch. Next time she come over I will see if she wants to remake them. I had no idea CAW was so picky. Tho I am surprised I thought one of Rflong's worlds had a ghost or too. Maybe they were in a save file . I am so clueless. :?
    In any event so far I have not had any issues with this world. I have been concentrating on having my sim go all over the place and am checking out all the venues when ever I get a chance to play which is not as often as I would like. :?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rukaya: It has something to do with them being dead Sims. Other occult Sims do not constitute as dead, but ghosts are still attached to a tombstone in their inventory.

At one point I may have said that this was my last world, but I have a tendency to say things on this website and not actually keep my world. There is one more world I am working on, and it is going to be my least ambitious project. The world takes place in Hell. I'm serious, that's the location I have chosen to go with.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Haha! A world located in Hell sounds amazing. I'm quite intrigued to what it will look like :D
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would argue that a world made to look like Hell to be pretty ambitious! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top