The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huntsborough, A Ceremonial Town in the Foothills (Final Version Out)

Comments

• Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is looking great just like your other worlds! And I love how this time, there isn't one real specific building style. Theres a little bit of this and that and it's great to see some new style builds from you. As always, Im lovin the "downtown" area.
    And of course, it wouldn't be a post from me if I didn't have a suggestion for future project... lol If you want to continue the European theme, Id love to see you make something similar to Amsterdam and Copenhagen with rowhouses and shops built over the water on docks and boardwalks. And Flemish style buildings! That would be so sweet. And with the island paradise update, we should all be able to build over the water now!
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2013
    You understand my intention. I originally wanted this world to be a conglomerate of European Architectural Styles, and I chose Ireland as the setting since the array of building styles is pretty diverse, at least regarding urban areas. The downtown area is actually just one long street with all of the clubs and stores located along it.

Regarding your suggestion, it is likely that I will not be engaging too heavily in CAW after this world is finished. I enjoy building worlds, creating stories for them, and all of that, but I absolutely cannot stand the technical aspects of CAW (routing, fixing bugs, and people blaming me for crashing their computer when they lack the software that I put clearly in the description of each world). Of course, that doesn't mean that I will be abandoning the worlds that I had made thus far, and I may work on some light CAW projects after this. This world in itself is less ambitious than my previous ones since I am not including every type of venue and hangout and I have no intention of adding tombs (I hate building tombs; the error rate for them is 7 times higher than any other type of lot).

Anyway, the idea you had in mind I am technically already using in this world. Some of the buildings are inspired by architecture in places such as the Netherlands (though, it is hard to get the roofs just right). I also put a strip of land in this world, namely to be used for docks in the future.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited June 2013
    Someone blaming something other than their computer? I've never heard that one before. :roll: :lol:

It does seem to be a little bit tedious, but your hard work really shows. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be doing anymore big projects, but I understand perfectly your reasoning.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It does get tedious due to game mechanics, and after I finish building a world, I kind don't want to look at it again for a a while. The good news is that I just uploaded one of the lots for this world that I spent a significant amount of time working on.

This is the link, and I will add it to the front page: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7389457
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited June 2013
    Sorry for the delay on the sims, games been being a pesk lately and it just seems to love deleting sims :?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There is no rush since the world is not anywhere near completion.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I understand where your coming from Quailhogs. CAW can be a real pain in the u-know-what. So for this world then, I would definitely look into adding some of the new lots over the water! :-D
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I am in the process of downloading Island Paradise. I am going to fully utilize this expansion pack in my world considering how half of the map is actually just ocean. For those with no intention of buying the game but do wish to download this world, sorry. I will probably update my other worlds for this expansion pack as well since all three of them are islands (paradise, not so much).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay, so I decided to go in a different direction with the farmland. This deleted a few layers of terrain paints, and the fields now look like part of the landscape. I also built an island with an old seaside village (it's pretty much just two port lots), named Gainsboro. I'll add a few more islands circling the mainland, one of which will be for the scrapyard since I am running out of space. I do not wish to inappropriately cram community lots into the hills.
    Screenshot-94_zps2232909c.jpgScreenshot-96_zps118ebd16.jpg

Also, I have decided not to include a big show venue, dog park, or cat jungle in this world. For those who play the game more frequently than myself, how much will this limit gameplay? Are there special activities that you can only do at the dog park, for example?

End note:
    I'm thinking of taking a break from this world since I am far from finished and I want to give everyone something meanwhile. I suppose this constitutes as a poll that I will get, at most, three answers for. Which of my three worlds should I update for Island Paradise first? The Stoneshields, Vargfjell, or Grey Meadow?
  • Options
    TheSpeakerTheSpeaker Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd have to vote for The Stoneshields to be updated for Island Paradise first, but that's just for no other reason than because it's my favourite. If I had to be logical about it though I'd say that because It's a city where the other two are towns, so it has more use for ports and boats.

Will you be adding Dive Spots as well in your Island Paradise updates?

I also seem to do perfectly well without a dog or cat park, but that's just me. According to the Sims wiki there doesn't seem to be any particular point to the animal parks other than to attract their specific pet species.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited July 2013
    Definitely the Stoneshields. :D I love what you are doing by the way.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TheSpeaker: More than likely. I will add dive spots once I learn more about how they work. I also read up on the Sims Wiki and I didn't know if the short article was just lacking in information or there just wasn't anything to report on; apparently the latter was the case.

niac1234: Thank you for your vote and kind words. That would be two for The Stoneshields as of now.
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited July 2013
    Good evening Quailhogs!

I definitely have to vote Grey Meadow as it is my first favorite! I'm so excited to see what you would be doing to update your worlds for IP. ^.^ Keep up the great work hun!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I would say update Grey Meadow, since I play it and I think the port/dock would fit in marvelously there :mrgreen:
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited July 2013
    I like Stoneshield, I love what you did to it on your last update. But I also love Vargfjell (sp)...hard decision here, love them both.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well I love all three - but from my standpoint I think the one to most benefit first would be Stoneshields - seeing I love the water and getting out of the city part seeing other than your world you won't generally ever see me playing a world based in the city - so I'd be definitely placing my sims into the new section and keep the city part as more wonderful backdrop with my main story being told from the watery area.

That said all three will marvelously be enhanced by the addition of IP in some way. I see a busy harbor in Stoneshields, a lazy fishing bay for Vargfjell seeing the ancestry goes back to fishing forever there with the Norsemen and Vikings and such. GreyMeadow most definitely an aristocratic pleasure dome to satisfy the wealth and old ancestry - ornate pleasurecraft to indulge the wealthies importance of self as well as a dinky area for the few downtrodden where they can escape their dreadful lives in the calm of the seas and hopefully out of the feared Krackens grasp. Yeah stories are waiting to be told in all three of your worlds to the benefit of IP - but would feel that Stoneshields really - really needs the diversion and benefit of at least a busy port harbor first.

Oh and the additions to this new work - absolutely perfect choices - I just love it. As much as I love all three of the other worlds, I hate to say it, but I think I am going to love this new one the best of them all and that is saying a lot. My goodness it is magnificient Quailhogs - just wonderful.

Oh and about the big ST Venue and either those parks - they could all be eliminated as far as I am concerned. I really think the big Venues only look good in some place you'd see the Jetsons if you ask me and I frequently remove them from many of my worlds even though I enjoy playing the ST careers - I just do not like those monstrously ugly Big Venues. I never really see the need for a specific pet park either as I rarely ever see anything using them until they have been added to enough to look more like a family park. I tend to go around in a few out of the way places and set a few of the keep full pet dishes and place a few salt 🐸🐸🐸🐸 (wish they weren't hot pink) and a food trouth or two for the wild creatures in towns I don't see any. I even hide one of those pet auto cleaner things in a barn or something of the sort - but really do not see the advantage of those pet specific parks. So you could easily eliminate the big venues and the pet parks as far as I am concerned. My sims are just as happy performing at an outdoor performance park or an indoor bar as they are anywhere. In fact I have yet to ever have one of my sims perform in one of the Big Venues anyway, as I said I generally remove the ugly monstousities except for a scarce few worlds they actually look alright in.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheSpeakerTheSpeaker Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2013
    Stoneshields it is then I guess :P
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TheSpeaker wrote:
    Stoneshields it is then I guess :P
    Stoneshields it is.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I play with all your worlds too so I would be happy with any of them being updated.
    I never see dogs at the dog park... ever.. lol
    In fact, I could probably play a world where the only community lot, besides the rabbit holes, is the big park because that really the only place I ever see a high number of sims
    Go to the pool or the gym, there's like 2 sims. A club, the mixologists, bouncer and maybe one sim. The library, 4 sims that are standing around or on a computer. A fishing spot, no sims. A Java hut, no sims...
    a Big park, like 15 sims! lol
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    happyjme: I also believe that you see less people on certain lots because the world you are using has a lot of community lots on it. I'm hoping that will be less of a problem in this world since I am omitting a lot of different types of lots, so the clubs and bars will actually have activity going on. I know that Grey Meadow is especially annoying with this. Everyone chooses to hang out at the Nectary out of all places; sims have some wild parties in there.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,396 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Quail, I didn't see this thread until your decision was made to update Stoneshields...drat! :lol: I was going to nominate Grey Meadow, my favorite.

I love your Huntsborough world but the nasty note from Photobucket is preventing me from seeing what updates you have done. No matter, I'm sure they are all in your particular and unique style of building. :mrgreen:

I had deleted all player made worlds before Dragon Valley and now find I don't care for it as much as I thought I would, :roll: so I recently re-dl'ed Grey Meadow, my most favorite of your worlds...I missed the Blightwoods way too much. :lol: Plus, a very different approach to seasons, the world has practically no summer, very short spring and mostly heavy on fall and winter...what a wonderful place for witches and vampires. :mrgreen:

Can't wait until you update GM. I've sort of updated on my own and now is one of my favorites again.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I uploaded Huntington Hold, which will be one of the castles in Huntsborough. The link is on the front page of this thread, or just go to my studio. I uploaded this lot since I spent a significant amount of time working on it. Also, the castle in this world is not on a flat lot, so this upload will make it easier if you wish to place it in another world.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Cool going to check it out :mrgreen: :thumbup:

edit: Sadly studios are being weird and I cannot go get the castle :cry:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've been doing a lot of landscaping lately.
    Screenshot-674_zpsecb7ab89.jpg
    Screenshot-680_zps47b8043e.jpg
    Screenshot-676_zps3a9eea18.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I cannot wait until this world finally comes out :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file