Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruSNelson: Simport hosting issues I run into repeatedly

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited April 2012
    khynnea wrote:
    It just had me reasonably wondering.
    Me too. :shock:
    I sync my whole Sims 3 folder between my PC and my Notebook (both Windows 7) daily and everything works fine.
    Just in case you are interested in the best non-cloud sync software currently on the market. It's GoodSync 9 (also for Mac and several phone OS).
    khynnea wrote:
    Oh and on the simporting, just accepted a simport, got the message "you can't book in that venue (coffeehouse) because it either does not exist (it does) or is already booked (not that I can tell, not by anyone in my household)." Still got the stamp though. I do not understand. Do I need to demolish and re-place the coffeehouse? Or move my household to a new neighborhood?
    What Storyprogression do you use? I ask because in case you use Twallan's you will have inactive Sims (the families you're not actually playing) who will engage in the three professions and also book gigs on their own. So it may very well happen that a venue is indeed already booked. However you should get a message about it when you let your Sim read the newspaper about weekly events.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited April 2012
    I was going to fill out the little questionnaire but I haven't bothered trying to Simport since before it was posted. I just don't have the patience to even try. I don't even want to send my Sims out since they lose all their wishes and I have to reset them to get new wishes to show up. Why they couldn't make it like in Generations when the parents get the out of town trip opportunity. They lose their wishes, too, but they come back when they return (and with that I always got the same wishes back).

I do want to add, though, if you are using Twallan's Overwatch mod, be sure to turn OFF clean up missing sims. That WILL mess up your Simporting, particularly your outgoing simporting.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    EIisabetta wrote:
    I do want to add, though, if you are using Twallan's Overwatch mod, be sure to turn OFF clean up missing sims. That WILL mess up your Simporting, particularly your outgoing simporting.
    Oh! :shock:
    Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    CHARLIEXVXCHARLIEXVX Posts: 49 New Member
    edited April 2012
    ok this will be the last time i try to do this. my sim can not tour or host. i play in starlight shores i have a lev 10 singer, and all he wants to do( so his wish list says) is tour or host a sim. i dont know what town my friends are using but wherever they are thats where im trying to go. i have 13 friends, 3 that i see play regularly. i wrote to ea games support got several emails back, they troublke shoot my machine...which they say was not the issue, i have more then enough hd space, ram and video card drivers are up to date. my entire machine is up to date and ea games says so...like i didnt know this before now. i hit my simport, choose a coffee house, hes lev 10 but since he doesnt get to tour why shoot for the big time when he cant get small time tours. i finish the simport process hit send...wait booking the tour for exactly 25 minutes real time...my sims game is frozen thru this thank god theyd all starve to death if it wasnt. after waiting it comes back and says " failed to log in please try again later" now im logged into the game thru the launcher and origin in case i need that for the simport to work, patch is 1.33,game up to date, machine up to date, dsl fastest speed available for this area and works for everything else including dls from here, obviously it works or i wouldnt be here writing this. i spent 39 bucks which i did not have to spare for this thing, believing the hype of touring etc, wanted the katy perry version but the 39 bucks was hard to come up with so settled for this version the basic, and it should work for this to. i read here its a coding issue from ea side, they say its not..its a game play issue. to date my simport has never worked and probably never will. i now just play this thing as a regular expansion i paid far to much for, as usual. i still log in just in case the thing works for a friend if they want to go to my town, i play in starlight shores mostly but have a game in a user created world i never simport to or from because some people dont have that world. so for the sake of the game i stay primarily in starlight shores...please note my first lev 10 singers kid is now the main sim and hes got a kid and hes now lev 10...amazing talent in a family of sims that never go anywhere. if someone has yet another trouble shooting idea or technique to try let me know sometime...till then i will be singing and makin babies like always in starlight shores waiting for the day my sim can tour or host
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi CHARLIEXVX,
    I can only repeat myself. Tell ALL your MyPage friends NOT to decline any Simport requests! For me and my friends that was the key to successful simporting. You can get more details and background information about it further up on this page.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    areare46areare46 Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2012
    I can host but can't send becuase it says house hold needs 2 adults one needs to stay home and watch neighbors haha wow what for
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    @areare46: That's no bug but by design simply because we cannot play a household with no Sims, which would be the case if you send the single Sim on tour.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    edited April 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    What Storyprogression do you use? I ask because in case you use Twallan's you will have inactive Sims (the families you're not actually playing) who will engage in the three professions and also book gigs on their own. So it may very well happen that a venue is indeed already booked. However you should get a message about it when you let your Sim read the newspaper about weekly events.

I haven't started using Twallan's storyprogression "yet" -- so just base game.

I -have- noticed something on this particular use case:
    * I IM my friend and tell them which stamps I need
    * They send via simport some of the performers I need
    * In the morning (try to do this between 5am game time and 10am game time) I open simport (making sure none of mine are out) and accept one of the incoming sends
    * I get the typical two dialogue boxes asking me "Are you sure you want to do this" and "Do you want to save..."
    - I generally am sure :-)
    - I never save. That is a path to doom I have found. When following this case, I always save on my own using "save as" ahead of time so I can control my own game versioning (simport saves don't let you do this of course) and booking + saving can literally take 5-10 minutes (and all the attendant problems with booking...)
    ** Sometimes I see additional popups that say "So and so" (my sim) is performing at the venue tonight, who do I want to have perform? So I want my stamp of course, I click my friend's sim's name...

The odd thing is that this dialogue box can happen repeatedly, cycling through -several- of my own sims' names. Sim1, Sim2... I've never had it happen to more than 2 sims on an incoming booking... but these "gigs" are ghosts.
    - They do not all appear (of course) in my sims' profession tab under gigs.
    - It is a surprise to me that they were expected to perform.
    - I got no morning notification that they were expected to perform (on the occasions that I accepted the incoming simport after such would have gone out).

This baffle me too. So something is going on with failure to cancel gigs that is choking up incoming simport requests I would imagine.

If I had documented all my failures on either party's end, which of course I did not, it would have been reams of writing.

On the other topic, thank you :-) Still unsure about cloud services for some things, but gaming assets are generally "safe" ... Very glad to hear you are synching w/o issue. New machine should ship soon :D *knocks wood*

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Hi khynnea,
    that's really confusing *FeelsDizzy*
    Many Simmers report failed cleanups (includes myself). A workaround is when we change to another household and back. I wish some of the devs would show up here and tell us about their progression with the fix. It's been a long time since we heard from them. :?

P.S.: GoodSync is NON-Cloud. I use an external HD in my local network. One great thing about that software is the so called "block-level" sync (Version 9 only) which means if you have big files like the content database (DCCache) it only syncs the modified and new parts and so it just takes seconds instead of many minutes over the network. It comes along with it's own file transfer service which is also able to impersonate the current user so it won't collide with any NTFS security restrictions.
    P.P.S: You get a rebate if you purchase more than one license (one for each machine needed).
    And no I don't get paid for this advertising. It's just so that I'm totally amazed by this software gem. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    chanceofrainnechanceofrainne Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Just piping up to say that here it is the end of August and I am also having this problem. I can send, but I cannot host at all. The option to set up the stage and then the actual show never happen. This is extremely frustrating and I do wish that EA would stop selling us buggy crap that doesn't work and then claiming that it's our fault.