Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruSNelson: Simport hosting issues I run into repeatedly

ยซ13
Hi Sarah,
I tested Simport extensively yesterday and about 8 out of 10 times hosting a Sim fails on the client side. Here are the steps:
1. I accept a hosting session and a message pops up, telling me the event time, day and place. Okay.
2. The tour icon is visible in map view. Okay
3. The next thing that should happen is another notification message shortly before the show starts. That message does NOT appear!
4. I visit the venue where the show should happen about half an hour before it should start. I wait for several hours but nothing happens. NOT okay

Obviously something went wrong with the hosting process and the cleanup don't work.

5. The show event icon keeps in the map view even at the next day.
6. The tour book still says I'm hosting a Sim.
7. I save the game because it's the only way to cancel that hosting event. Note: Please add a "cancel hosting" button at a suitable place.
8. The tour icon still remains in the map view! I have to switch to another household in order to get that away.
This space is for rent.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruSNelsonSimGuruSNelson Posts: 13
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Cyron! As I'm sure you're aware, there are a few other threads reporting various SimPort issues. We are looking into it.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2012
    Thanks Cyron! As I'm sure you're aware, there are a few other threads reporting various SimPort issues. We are looking into it.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I went digging for those threads you mentioned and could only find one about the issues with Simport yesterday, when it wasn't working at all.

Cyron43 is reporting a much different issue, and one that I've been having trouble with myself. Cyron's post was very clear and detailed, and your post seems to just be brushing him off (not so politely even) and I think the players deserve a little more than a casual brush off. :evil:

As to my hosting difficulties, they are clearly more severe than Cyron's, as I have had 100% failure on every hosting attempt since I got the game when it was released in my location last Thursday. When I attempt to host a sim by accepting a request, the game asks if I really want to and I click Yes, and then nothing happens at all or I get a spinny circle for about thirty seconds and then nothing happens except a sim is showing in my Simport page as visiting, though they never show up. When I try to save the game, it tells me that will cancel the visiting sim's tour and I save, and still it doesn't cancel that non-visiting visiting sim issue.

That's the only time I even got that far! All other times I try to host, I accept the request and absolutely nothing happens at all.

I can send any of my performer sims on tour without issue. It has never failed except when the server had issues yesterday.

While I do enjoy this EP very much, my primary reason for purchasing Showtime was HOSTING other players' sims in my game. It is extremely disappointing that this feature is not working and that Gurus are not doing enough to keep the players informed about what problems are being experienced, what is being done about them, and when/if they will be fixed.

I want to host a sim in my game. Period. If the game doesn't work and you can't provide the advertised features, I would like a full refund ASAP. I would prefer the game to work, but I don't wish to throw money away at a disappointing and unreliable product.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited March 2012
    @enkeli63: I know Sarah and her team has very much stress and I can understand her reaction. Let's calm down everyone, okay? :wink:

@Sarah: Thanks so much for your support. I appreciate your contact to us fans. It's much of an improvement compared to the past. :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2012
    hey, cyron,

could you do me a favor and post a link to this thread in my bug thread so I can add it to the first page ? Don't want your detailed report to get lost in the depth of the forums.

Link will do.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Hi crinrict,
    thanks for your comment. I have added the link now.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited March 2012
    I'm sorry. You're right, they're doing as much as they can. I shouldn't post when I'm feeling so disappointed and frustrated.

Have you been able to host? I have finally had success with hosting and it was everything I hoped it would be 8) I really hope it'll work smoothly for you too!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2012
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Hi Sarah,
    I tested Simport extensively yesterday and about 8 out of 10 times hosting a Sim fails on the client side. Here are the steps:
    1. I accept a hosting session and a message pops up, telling me the event time, day and place. Okay.
    3. The next thing that should happen is another notification message shortly before the show starts. That message does NOT appear!
    4. I visit the venue where the show should happen about half an hour before it should start. I wait for several hours but nothing happens. NOT okay

Obviously something went wrong with the hosting process and the cleanup don't work.

7. I save the game because it's the only way to cancel that hosting event. Note: Please add a "cancel hosting" button at a suitable place.
    8. The tour icon still remains in the map view! I have to switch to another household in order to get that away.
    I've been having this exact same problem ever since the 1.31 patch came out. Of the more than 20 times I tried to host or send my CC free sim through simport, I've only been successful some 3/20 times. This was with the 1.31 patch.

Then I made the mistake of patching to 1.32. That's when all the fun and games began. :roll: Thanks to Murphy's Law, EA pulled the patch shortly after I updated the game. That probably explains why I was unsuccessful in hosting/touring sims since the update. At that point, I quit using simport. But the lag-start-stop-lag issues just kept getting worse even though I wasn't logged in?? :?

I've since rolled back to 1.31 but Simport is still on crack. I can still book the gigs/tours. BUT If I book a tour:

-my sim leaves the town and is grayed out in game and in the Simport book.
    -a copy of my sim also shows up in the Exports folder.

After a few minutes, Simport tells me what a great tour my sim had. That's on both my page and the other person's page who hosted my sim. Yet my sim either

-returns and I NEVER get the tour credit OR
    -NEVER returns and I NEVER get the tour credit. :?

Whenever I save do a save game to cancel out, the next time I login and try to host a gig, the other person's sim ALWAYS shows up in my downloads folder--with or without cc attached. The 1/20 times I was successful in hosting a sim (i.e sim showed up to perform in my game), the downloaded sim was 7MB in size! :shock: After that sim left my game, Simport failed to remove the copy from my downloads folder. I couldn't Edit Town or Save. So I had to quit the game, manually uninstall all the CC that was attached to that sim, then manually delete it from my downloads folder. I quit using Simport after that. :?

This really blows. :? Apart from all the grind in obtaining the locked content, Simport did have the potential to add an element of unpredictability to the game. It gave your townies the ability to be entertained by different sims of different skill levels at the venues. :? After this whole fiasco, I no longer trust Simport--or any patch that claims to "block" CC from entering your game. :hunf: I guess this means I'll stick to booking my own townies at all the venues from now on. :? The only problem now is that the danged lag-pause-freeze-lag is STILL screwing up my game even though I haven't logged into Simport.... :evil:
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I would like to say I'm having the exact same issues as Cyron, word for word.

I just started Simporting and I've attempted 3 hosting tours.... only 1 worked. The other two acted just as Cyron has described. I've had to save my game in-order to cancel the issue that I'm still hosting a tour when actually it's failed.

Must say, it's becoming a big turn off to even attempt to simport when you put the effort in and only get failure 99% of the time due to some game issues/glitches.
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Hi Sarah,

• Options
    edited March 2012
    @yoshi_dragur2012: We have to sort out a few things with your bug report.
    1. Patch 1.32 was not pulled because of more bugs but because the developers accidentaly implemented some strings for the next EP into it, which no one should see (but it's too late).

2. You say you rolled back to 1.31 and complain about Sims with cc in your downloads folder. Well that was the exct reason why they made patch 1.32. With Patch 1.31 you cannot expect anything else.

Just FYI. :wink:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2012

Not trying to take over a thread, but I too have this issue.I also have an issue with audiences....There's never anyone watching any performances except for performances done by my friends.My friends gets tons of people, my sim gets no audience, even at simfests.These 2 issues, theone Cyron mentioned and this one is quite troubling and makes gameplay not so fun.
  • Options
    Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    edited March 2012
    I have this issue too. I tried to host and the sim never showed up. Then I sent my sim out and she came back but it said that it was waiting to see if the host had seen the performance. As a result, both hosting and sending options were blocked to me, still caught up in those two attempts so I just had to shut my game.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited March 2012
    I also get the same issue as Cyron approx 50% of the time i host a sim .

Strangest though is that usually on MyPage on this site afterwards it says i hosted the sim and they had a great gig. Never says it on the game wall until i do a restart . Also i never get the simport stamp

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2012
    My experience is similar.
    However the icon above the lot only shows for Sims that are not in one of the three performing careers. I go to the lot at the appointed time (I don't delete the initial and only notification), but cannot set up the stage and no visiting Sim appears. I hang out for a few hours.
    After going back home, some time later, I get the posts from myself and the other Simmer saying how great it was. I did still get my stamp for hosting.

It seems we can still receive credit, but are left wondering if it worked.

Okay, weird update. The problems seem to be bouncing all over the place and the same person will have different issues at different times. I hosted a Sim - the icon was there, I went, she showed up, I threw stuff at her, she went home, I went home and I have yet to receive the posts from both us saying how wonderful it was. Hit and miss!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited March 2012
    My experience is the same as Anmirla, I get notification that a visiting sim is performing and the icon on the venue, but when I arrive there is no performance. The visiting sim also gets credits and I get a successful message on the wall.

I can't send my sim on tour either; all attempts have just ended with no report of success.
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    angeldollxxangeldollxx Posts: 786 New Member
    edited March 2012
    okay this makes me feel better because the same thing happened to me
  • Options
    pdk9296pdk9296 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I noticed yesterday that I had this same issue. I initially thought I missed the show since it was a day later. I went to save and close and had to cancel the hosting and lose credit. I have no CC and the 1.32 patch.

Overall, hosting is hit or miss, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

One other "feature" I think would be nice is to see who you've sent your sim to on the simport page. There've been a couple of times where I've sent my sim out and she's come back 12 hours later, but I eventually have to cancel the gig and lose the credit since I get no acknowledgment from the host. It would be nice to know where I sent him/her to see if he/she is updating on their simpage or not playing.

• Options
    mommapixiemommapixie Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2012
    thanks for posting this i didn't know if this issue was new cause i have tried multiple times to send a sim and i gotan error message stating that the tour couldn't be scheduled at that time and to try again but the game has a notice pop up and says they will be going on tour soon.
  • Options
    genietwogenietwo Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2012
    My experience with SimPort hosting is exactly as described by Cyron43. This is so disappointing.

I can send my Sim out via SimPort but do not receive the stamps even though the gig was successful.
  • Options
    Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    edited March 2012
    Same
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    pdk9296 wrote:
    One other "feature" I think would be nice is to see who you've sent your sim to on the simport page. There've been a couple of times where I've sent my sim out and she's come back 12 hours later, but I eventually have to cancel the gig and lose the credit since I get no acknowledgment from the host. It would be nice to know where I sent him/her to see if he/she is updating on their simpage or not playing.
    Yes that would be very useful. Currently I try to figure out if these issues have something to do with concurrent request acceptance.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/515443.page
    I accepted a Sim for hosting and as the show didn't happen I wanted to ask the sender whether someone else has also hosted her Sim but forgot who it was. You know it's pretty much hullabaloo going on with requests flying around and I lost track.
    To my disappointment there was no way of finding out whose Sim I was hosting.
    The same goes for the other direction. Once sent we cannot see who is the receiver. Forget the wall for it! Those posts get drowned faster than you can say "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.". :roll:
    Sarah?
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    AnnieBonnie007AnnieBonnie007 Posts: 245 Member
    edited March 2012
    I was able to send my sim on tour just once and then BANG! no more. Error, error, error. C'mon guys! We want to play here!

EDIT: now it gives me error 16! I have 8Gb of RAM
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited March 2012
    @AnnieBonnie007: I've been having the same issues ever since 1.31 came out. The 1.32 update made the difficulty of using Simport an exact impossibility.
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Yes that would be very useful. Currently I try to figure out if these issues have something to do with concurrent request acceptance.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/515443.page
    I accepted a Sim for hosting and as the show didn't happen I wanted to ask the sender whether someone else has also hosted her Sim but forgot who it was. You know it's pretty much hullabaloo going on with requests flying around and I lost track.
    To my disappointment there was no way of finding out whose Sim I was hosting.
    The same goes for the other direction. Once sent we cannot see who is the receiver. Forget the wall for it! Those posts get drowned faster than you can say "๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ.". :roll:
    Sarah?
    are you still experiencing the same problems with Simport since the 1.33 upgrade?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    @yoshi_dragur2012: I have installed patch 1.33 about two hours ago but didn't have time to try Simport yet again.
    Moreover according to the bugfix list, Simport issues are not addressed with this patch.
    However I'm going to test and report back.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,174 Member
    edited March 2012
    I would seriously like a SimGuru or someone in the know tell us exactly why the patch was so freakin huge . As far as i can make out i downloaded almost a gig of patch just to see the big diamond earings as career accesories . Nothing else has changed and in fact since patching, to book a tour now takes twice as long if not longer

We do not need a superpatch having to be downloaded each time we get an update . The launcher should be able to see what patch we are currently at and just then download and add the next patch in line .
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    So after an evening of testing I can say my game runs smoother and even Simport seems to work. However the latter could still be a coincidence as I did just one hosting and one show for a friend.
    Faith mentioned yesterday Simport refuses to connect due to an incompatible game version when she tried with 1.32. That's an indication they changed something in the data structure which requires to be patched to 1.33.
    This space is for rent.