Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Data Not Found

This is my first time trying to download and use it, but it keeps telling me the game data wasn't found and then mentions something about protected memory and corrupted stuff. The game itself works fine though. I've already tried removing it and reinstalling it and that didn't help. I also don't have Generations yet, so I don't know if that is the problem or not. Do I need the latest expansion pack for it to work?

Comments

• Options
    HarukaHaruka Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Im actually having the same problem. I wanted to make a new world before I got my generations game so I have it ready to goo.
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi,

I can't get it to work and I sure didn't want the update. It was something I was going to avoid and yet EA sure did stick it to me. :(

I can't run CAW with the update and all the stuff... You are not alone. :(
  • Options
    Hedlund_90Hedlund_90 Posts: 116
    edited June 2011
    Well, I had the same problem. But i downloaded CAW again, and it seems like it was a newer version, that worked with the new patch.

...But then I installed late night add-on, and the create a world tool won't work AGAIN. I've reinstalled caw again but it won't work.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2011
    It's the Generations update making it not work because EA has not updated it yet for the new updates to work with it. But i assure you guys if it won't work for Rflong, one of the best Creators we have on this forum, it won't work for anybody until EA updates it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2011
    Well, I'm relieved to know it isn't just me then. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon so that I can use it. I was really hoping to get started with it-it sounds like a pretty interesting tool, if a bit hard to get the hang of.
  • Options
    MSusko13MSusko13 Posts: 743 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Mine did the same thing AFTER I installed Generations. Make sure all games are up to date. If you have to manually patch them. Re-download CAW..it's an update. Mine's working fine and I have ALL EP'sa nad ALL UPDATES installed
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited June 2011
    MSusko13 wrote:
    Mine did the same thing AFTER I installed Generations. Make sure all games are up to date. If you have to manually patch them. Re-download CAW..it's an update. Mine's working fine and I have ALL EP'sa nad ALL UPDATES installed

After you installed it, huh? Well, good to know. :lol:
    All EPs, okay, great.

Hm,.. is it really A New one? I really don't have the energy to try it tonight after hours of swimming today. :D

~And thanks, Reg, but I'm not tech at all. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Rflong13 wrote:
    MSusko13 wrote:

After you installed it, huh? Well, good to know. :lol:
    All EPs, okay, great.

Hm,.. is it really A New one? I really don't have the energy to try it tonight after hours of swimming today. :D

~And thanks, Reg, but I'm not tech at all. :mrgreen:

yes. its a new one and i have a new town :D DONE and 100% TESTED :D

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/381649.page
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It's the Generations update making it not work because EA has not updated it yet for the new updates to work with it. But i assure you guys if it won't work for Rflong, one of the best Creators we have on this forum, it won't work for anybody until EA updates it.

it works:
    Make sure the following:

> All games are fully updated: (to these versions)
    TS3: 1.22.9.011001
    WA: 2.14.4.010001
    HEL: 3.10.4.010001
    AMBIT: 4.7.4.010001
    LN: 6.2.4.010001
    GEN: 8.0.152.011001

**IGNORE THE 010001 thts my country code your game may be different***

**TO FIND YOUR VERSION GOTO:

A) C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    OR
    B)C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

**WA,HEL,AMBIT,LN,&GEN are all under the general: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts" folder.. Each "skuversion" will be under the C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\XXXXXX\Bin, where XXXX is the game your looking up**

From there look for "skuversion"

In skuversion the top most line will tell you what each game is at.

If your versions dont match..manually update I had too.

Re-install CAW..theres an update for it

Hopefully this helps