Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I move an urn back to my home lot from a neighbor's lot?

I would love to have ghost on my home lot but I don't want to go thru the hassle of inviting some neighbor over, trapping them, torturing them and leaving them to agonizingly die on my lot just so I can have a ghost. A friend of my main sim did die and he went to her lot and her urn was right there on the lot. Easy Peezy, right? Nope. I can't seem to swipe her urn and bring it home. Is there a cheat that allows this or do you need to have the klepto trait?

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I never played ghosts and never moved graves, but did you try doing it when that neighbor is the active household? I think they can add that grave to inventory, then place it in world while visiting your main sim. Not sure i they can gift it to switch ownership. And I have no idea whether that ghost will be included...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited February 3
    You could enter your neighbor's lot via the map in build mode, move the urn to an empty room, save the room to your gallery and place it on your home lot and then place the urn.
    This is why two of my Sims have their own urns (because I quit the game and reloaded the save after they died. I had to save the lots and place them in the older save because I build all the time ^^')

Saiwa died by sunlight when we started with our story 🌤
    96a4fc37e51233504816b83220ec0fc46061daf5.jpg

And Changbin by Murphy Bed... I never placed a Murphy Bed ever since...
    7cfbd94f3deaf0e0ce56d8a619f23bc117680aeb.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    That is very clever. I will try to do that.
  • Options
    Some comments say you can call the ghost but she doesn't show up in my sims relationship bar anymore so can't go that route.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Some comments say you can call the ghost but she doesn't show up in my sims relationship bar anymore so can't go that route.

If the ghost hasn't been culled/Released to the Netherworld, you can cheat them onto the current lot. First, you'll have to get the dead Sim's ID number using: sims.get_sim_id_by_name [Sim's full name]. Once you've got the ID number, summon them with: sims.summon_sim_to_zone [Sim's ID from previous step].
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    edited February 4
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    You could enter your neighbor's lot via the map in build mode, move the urn to an empty room, save the room to your gallery and place it on your home lot and then place the urn.

Will the ghost still be attached to the urn, though?
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    Have you mourned at her urn? If she hasn't been culled she might show up that evening. My sim has a couple kids buried in the backyard and they show up frequently BUT they are still in the vampire club together. Also try ghost night at the bar and setting the spooky lot challenge at your Sims house to see if she shows up. Good luck! 😁🦹🦇
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited February 4
    I think @Simmerville 's way is the easiest. Play a member of the deceased sim's household, and have them bring the urn to where you want it to go.

Or actually-- I've been able to do this with urns from other households, just did for a legacy family member in fact-- have you tried just dragging the urn into your sim's inventory?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 4
    move your sim into the lot the urn is on put urn in household inventory (or sims inventory will work too I think) move back to original lot place urn down

at night ghost will appear :)

beware of culling though and interact with ghost often

you can also add ghost to your household to prevent them getting culled but that means they won't go back into their grave
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Oh that sounds easier. Move temporarily my sim into that household and steal the urn away. Then move out and back to the original household. I tried that scheme of putting the urn in an empty room and saving the room to the gallery but then when I placed the saved room into my active lot there was no urn in it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    yeah just move to the lot put urn in your sims backpack and move back to the original lot should do :)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free