Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should you take infants on vacation?

FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
I know that babies aren't considered "people" so I assume their cradles won't travel with your family if you send your family on a vacation but what about those pre-toddlers? Can or should adult sims attempt to take them with the family on vacation or do they just stay back home (or in "day care")? Where do you get one of those baby slings that came with "Grow Together"? Is that in CAS or is it just something that appears when you click on the child and you want to carry them? Oh and I assume there wouldn't be any toddler accessible beds on the vacation lots anyway so where would toddlers sleep?

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited February 3
    Yes infants should definitely come to vacations with you

although Batuu won't have them for whatever reason (maybe the force is too strong in them) so not there unfortunately

as for furniture I believe theres travel toddler bed and crib for infants you can buy and place wherever you want and i think some pack even had sleeping bag for toddler

baby carriers appear when you click on nooboo to put them in carrier and you can choose color and style of carrier when clicking sim (baby or the adult sim can't remember atm) and it comes with set preferred carrier or whatever kind of interaction thingy

toddlers cannot use baby carrier unfortunately so they'll have to either walk or be carried in sims arms
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    I don’t think I’ve ever yet taken any young kids on vacation with their parents :/ I tend to leave them behind to get looked after by the whoever it is automatically turns up. As looking after newborns/infants/toddlers is such hard work, I usually feel their parents need a break — by which I probably mean that I need a break :)
  • Options
    edited February 3
    if nooboo does have grandparents it might actually be sweet idea to have them look after nooboo while parents get vacation too :) or other close relative mayhaps

I just don't really like leaving nooboos home alone with a randomized townie i imagine they're having the worst time with those cursed creatures

teens I can at least pretend they were having party while i was gone
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Newborns can't go on vacation unfortunately but infants definitely can. There is even an infant milestone for first vacation. A vacation with an infant is a different kind but can be fun too. In real life I brought along our kids when they were only 4 months old. Those were slow paced vacations with an afternoon nap for the little ones but I have fond memories of those early days. I am glad my sims can do the same and bring along their infants.

I sims 4 there is a portable infant bed. The infant playmat and toys can also be carried in the inventory. For toddlers you can bring along a portable toddler bed or sleeping bag, potty and toys. Personally I prefer to add some of these items to the rental lot before starting a vacation. Don't forget a highchair and changing table because they don't come with a portable version as far as I know.

Toddlers can also sleep in tents. Infants unfortunately can't. So if you plan a camping trip with seasons installed I would suggest to temporarily turn off rain so the infant doesn't need to stay outside in the rain while the rest of the family takes shelter in a tent.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    @Atreya33 thanks for that detailed reply. I did take my infant on vacation but just to satisfy the milestone and grab a quick pic. They were there for all of ten minutes. 😄 Next time I'll make it a real vacation.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited February 3
    If you stay at the 3-bedroom family villa (I forget what it's called) in Selvadorada, it already has a high chair and toddler bed. Nothing for an infant, of course. Hopefully, if they give us a theme park vacation world, it will come with infant stuff, and an infant-accessible play area.

Personally, I've never taken an infant on vacation. I don't play with infants generally though. I've taken toddlers on vacation. Not much location-specific stuff for them to do in Selvadorada or Granite Falls, so they usually just hang out in the vacation rental doing their usual thing while the child and older family members are out exploring.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

We even took B.D's kids on a space odyssee 🚀
    If there are no beds and stuff available for them, we use the enablebuildbuy cheat.
    93d16cbaf16b9bbe6febe4031f128f57a4a91199.jpg
    2ef5e0b37c2ad38b75e23f86ffe0ec1533f0452c.jpg
    5724fba62d8befa23f66db6499cfa7d523cf86d1.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    My bg infants don’t go anywhere because there’s no bg carrier. And diapers go on the floor because apparently if you don’t have a change table, you throw diapers on the floor. Which is news to me; when my son was a baby, I didn’t have an actual change table, and I ignorantly threw his diapers in the trash. Silly me!

(I am of course being sarcastic about how terribly they short-changed bg infants to force us to buy GrT.)
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I guess it is possible as infants are freed and no longer attached to their cradle (like babies still are), but I personally would never even think of bringing an infant to a vacation. Most likely the entire household would wait to go until all have reached at least toddler stage. But then, my households rarely go anywhere, lol. Might send just one sim to Selvadorada, or parents to Tartosa for a romantic night at a seafood restaurant. It won't be very different from just visiting any community lot, though, as they will get back before the babysitter falls asleep ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »
    My bg infants don’t go anywhere because there’s no bg carrier. And diapers go on the floor because apparently if you don’t have a change table, you throw diapers on the floor. Which is news to me; when my son was a baby, I didn’t have an actual change table, and I ignorantly threw his diapers in the trash. Silly me!

(I am of course being sarcastic about how terribly they short-changed bg infants to force us to buy GrT.)

Don't worry if you have GrT the diapers still fly on the floor a lot
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I took one to Tomarang with a household but then the infant promptly had a blow out diaper. I had made some edits to the house and had managed to forget to add any sinks but just had a shower for hygiene. I sent that infant home to get sorted out. I'd say it works if there's a bathtub for them on-site. Since then, I've usually kept the families at home during infancy but toddlers seem more independent.

I edited that rental and added the requisite sinks. I sent a family with a child and a toddler and everything was fine for a few days. Lol, yes, I generally always add sinks, that was just an oversight that I corrected with playtesting.

I'm more likely to have families travel with toddlers and children than infants but it is possible.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.