Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Goth Galore - Official Screenshot Thread

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    @LeucosiaX I don't have the kit yet lol, but he is Italian, long black curly hair, gold eyes, olive skin, super masculine features (very strong jaw and forehead, a Roman nose - with a nose ring)...and a complete rock star. He's seriously the coolest person I have ever known.

aw, that's great!πŸ™‚
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I actually really love the clothes in this kit. I don't know much about goth fashion as it stands, but these clothes are right up my vampire sim's alley.

Tried out some looks and I love the new boots, gloves, and full body outfits.

dtXTTBS.png
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 19
    I don't know why people were pressed about it I like it, and we have a lot of stuff to mix it with.

I think its mostly that we had different expectations when they said its gonna be goth kit :sweat_smile: like having many styles, trad goth or morticia addams kinda stuff

also btw my guess about how those hot pants are was wrong but do not fret! theres still suitable pair in RoM to replace those with :lol:

hmm now I wonder if there is vid where i could see all the swatches to these items...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    @Simmingal, Satchonsims has a YouTube vid showing all the swatches off real well, it's called Goth Shanice or something, not sure if I can link his. Video here LoL.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    @Simmingal, Satchonsims has a YouTube vid showing all the swatches off real well, it's called Goth Shanice or something, not sure if I can link his. Video here LoL. It's called my honest review of the Sims goth galore kit, sorry.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    Thanks :) found lilsimsies first so I saw the swatches there

and can I just say EXCUSE ME?
    Why you hiding that pink swatch? :bawling:
    thats all I had to see to be excited about this kit

also those croptops that deceivingly are not croptops in other swatches? the heck why didn't you show me that? so much more useful

I am sad that there was no secret neon swatches though that would have made this kit about 50% more useful cause then I could have had cybergoth looks with these *sighs* I mean look at those clothes and tell me they don't scream to be cybergoth colored

now I'm confused again which kit I want more though :joy:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Omri147 wrote: Β»
    If anyone can check the new hoodie on a female Sim and see if their eye shape changes or is it just my game, that would be lovely.

Yes, it does. There's a bug report at AHQ.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER β€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    I gave my Sim (the one from my Avatar, he is my favorite and most important one) a new look and I would really like to share it as well, but I don't know how to post screenshots on here and I don't know how to make screenshots in CAS in-game without all the text and stuff around it. :cry:
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    @Breathe_No_More you can make a screenshot of your desktop (and CAS) by hitting the Print Key.
    The screen is in the clipboard now and you can paste it in your graphics program and cut it out.
    Then you can upload anywhere where you get an url for your image and put the url between [img][/img]
    If something is unclear (or if you need help finding a place to upload your images, for example) just ask :3
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game πŸ›Ί A Dramedy 🚢🏼🚢🏻🚢🏽🚢🏽 The Boys πŸ₯‡ Their first year - A Dramedy πŸš€ Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug β˜ƒοΈ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms πŸ›‹ SciFi πŸ‘Ύ creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    @Breathe_No_More If you want screenshot without any UI just click C on your keyboard :) the picture goes in your screenshot folder (which is in the sims 4 folder)

that is at least if you are playing full screen I'm not sure if that works in window mode since i never play window mode

to post pictures here you have to use image hosting site I use imgur myself :)
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The Goth kit works well with the Vampires stuff! I like it.

Goth-Loki.jpg
  • Options
    Breathe_No_MoreBreathe_No_More Posts: 174 Member
    edited January 19
    Okay, let's see if that works... I never uploaded any images on websites or forums, so I have no idea if this will do as I want.
    Thank you, @Simmingal and @Lenny_Ogg

If it does, I'll be happy. This is my main character, the most important one of my stories (I am writing, but only for myself. Sims is a way to bring these characters "to life" in a funny kind of way... ;) )

Bildschirmfoto-2024-01-18-um-22-22-47.png
  • Options
    The Goth kit works well with the Vampires stuff! I like it.

Goth-Loki.jpg

You know I never liked those fancy patterns on casual clothes but somehow pairing it like this it looks nice
  • Options
    This kit wasn't what I had in mind but I think most of it is pretty cute, I hate admitting just how much I like the pink pieces πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    @LeucosiaX I made a simHim, now I just need the kit...

01-19-24-6-11-39-PM.png
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX I made a simHim, now I just need the kit...

01-19-24-6-11-39-PM.png

oh that's great ! @fujicakes1 it's really fun making sims of people we know in real life- but often if they find out- they tend not to feel the same way - lol
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    @LeucosiaX
    he said it is pretty accurate! I tweaked the different features to be custom.

All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    @LeucosiaX
    he said it is pretty accurate! I tweaked the different features to be custom.

That's rad. I remember when I made my live in boyfriend, and he thought it was good too. He even showed his best friend.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    53475296154_c91271c8de_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-20 at 1.14.39β€―AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

53475132343_d031d09f16_k.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-20 at 1.23.36β€―AM by leucosia x, on Flickr

@Lenny_Ogg I heard what you're saying about the cas kit but I think one of the things they got right is the multitude of layering in black. This is something that is pretty hard to do currently in create a sim. I have a few additional accessories I am able to add on , but these things are not easy to find, and there are a lot of limitations. Like if I put on one thing, it takes off another.

I managed to layer a crufix and a choker, but when I try to put on the lace top the crufix goes away. Depends on where in the body and similar happens with chains, gloves, bags, hats.... Really wish they update layering. In practical sense we need it too.
    Hoping to win the kit, but if not will get it soon. It has received a lot from good reviews from non-goths.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

I made a new sim but unfortunately I can never share her because I used the randomize on her. I thought I was doing the ingame random but it was the gallery random instead. I did take screenshots of her outfits.
    lMJIls7.png
    pictures are in order of everyday, formal, athletic, party, hot weather, cold weather, sleepware
    m1FTLfa.png
    85tjw9r.png
    XdbITgZ.png
    pNUTHGD.png
    GUvSbi6.png
    monoaWH.png
    iuvOVVf.png

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited January 22
    I love all the pre-Goth kit screenshots, folks. You had me fooled there for a sec!

I do find that the grunge & goth kits complement each other perfectly.

I actually really love the clothes in this kit. I don't know much about goth fashion as it stands, but these clothes are right up my vampire sim's alley.

Tried out some looks and I love the new boots, gloves, and full body outfits.
    dtXTTBS.png

Great looking sim @RememberJoy, that trench coat may well be one of my favourite items from this kit!

Here's my plasma obsessed Cyberlord and his tech-savvy band of, I dunno, Cybergoths?

The-Cybergoths.jpg

I don't use CC clothing, most of it is from Goth Galore, couple of items are from other packs.

And Oh yes, let's not forget about the Saucer Eye Hoodie Bug. Special Kudos to this kit's (possibly non-existent?) QA Team for making me chuckle at this impossible to miss bug. I mean, it's literally glaring at ya.

So I decided to dress my simself in Saucer Eye Hoodie for laughs:

"What kind of Gothswallop did you ingest this time, Captain?"

CP01.jpg

What do you mean?

"Turn Around and let me look at you."

CP02.jpg

No.

Turn Around!!

CP03-weird.jpg

To be fair, the bug only seems to affect female sims. My dudes were fine. 😁
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    edited January 22
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Gang looking awesim!

except for Captain Spider Eye
    I'm gonna have nightmares about that πŸ‘€
    Once when I was kid I turned on tv and they were zooming in on some spider eyes since it was some nature documentary and everytime I see 2 big round things close together like that I remember that friggin spider
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I am messing around mixing this with other pieces we have I am working on two sims that aren't done because I apparently don't spend enough time in cas and don't know what comes with what, but wanted to show their main outfits anyways. This is Vincent and Macy.
    iFqznEnh.png
    kkWcPqCh.png
    D1baSAAh.png
    W5xQg2Zh.png
    Now if I could just decide on the rest of their looks.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Gang looking awesim!

Cheers @Simmingal!
    except for Captain Spider Eye
    I'm gonna have nightmares about that πŸ‘€

Oof, that hurts. Especially after me mentioning that the bug only affects FEMALE sims, not male sims. That’s my simself you’re referring to, without the bug. This is the way he looks and …well…he’s a very accurate representation of real life me. That's all I have to say about that. Consider my ego severely shattered. I get it, I’m nightmare material, but I felt that one. I truly did… 😜

To end my remarks on a positive note: spiders are naturally kind. They keep the house clean when we don’t make time to clean it. I have so much respect for spiders. I never miss a chance to look β€˜em in their many eyes and say β€œThank You Dear Spider, eye appreci-eight you.”
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Thanks! I'm with you too, loving the new trench coat. We don't really have anything like it in the game yet and I can see myself using it a lot!

Love your cybergoth gang by the way, going to have to save that idea for later.